• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• socrates82

• Mars plastic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hendricks

Just now, Beats said:

Not sure they have him enough time to be honest. 

Pressure down south is a bit different according to a few the money means they dont give guys as much time. Shame as MK Dons are a team who apparently usually do. Interesting to see where he ends up. Could see him going somewhere as an assistant to learn more. Very much a student of the game

kingantti1874
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Will have to rebuild his reputation now.

Disappointing for him. 

A mediocre career beckons. Championship level manager 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The prophet Daz.

Naismith and now this. A boy clearly ITK :lol:

I was a Robbie fan. But he has to be very disappointed with a very rash and ultimately damaging decision.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Did this not happen four months ago??

145 days ago his wee peg was shoogly.

If you’ll pardon the expression...

Rumour is he is to be unveiled as our new manager tomorrow morning & be in charge in time for the derby.

Very much ITK 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

A mediocre career beckons. Championship level manager 

We'll see. I wouldn't write him off based on this. Still very young in managerial terms.

Good experience for him though and it'll be a test of his character to see if he goes into hiding for a while or jumps straight back on the horse. 

The recent track record of Scottish based managers heading to England is abysmal.....

Neilson

Stubbs

Neil

Warburton

McNamara

I think clubs down there will think twice about employing a seemingly decent manager straight from our league from now on.

Hopefully this abomination of a thread will now disappear into oblivion where it belongs.

All the best for the future Robbie.

Edited by iantjambo

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The recent track record of Scottish based managers heading to England is abysmal.....

Neilson

Stubbs

Neil

Warburton

McNamara

I think clubs down there will think twice about employing a seemingly decent manager straight from our league from now on.

Lennon and McInnes too. Lambert and Coyle are the only 'successes' if you can call it that.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

An average player and an average manager.

Dont let the fact he left us in second place  gloss over that the majority of Hearts supporters weren’t too bothered about him leaving. I was at Hamilton a week or so before he left where we drew 3-3 thanks to a very late comeback after he eventually made changes after 75mins. It was obvious that night his relationship with our fans was become strained.

He jumped at the MK Dons job because he knew he’d taken us as far as he could.

Not a big surprise. 21st out of 24th in the league and probably expectations are to be in top 8.

Wondering if CL will bring him back in a coaching role? 

As others have said, hope it gives us a chance of getting big Ozzie back.  

John Gentleman
1 minute ago, lewis2006 said:

An average player and an average manager.

Dont let the fact he left us in second place  gloss over that the majority of Hearts supporters weren’t too bothered about him leaving. I was at Hamilton a week or so before he left where we drew 3-3 thanks to a very late comeback after he eventually made changes after 75mins. It was obvious that night his relationship with our fans was become strained.

He jumped at the MK Dons job because he knew he’d taken us as far as he could.

I found him tolerable until he made the "moneyspinner" comment. He just didn't 'get' the derbies.

I'm sure he'll get a gig at championship level. Brechin must be about due a sacking.....

Just now, Hendricks said:

Sitting having a superb Barolo in a quality wee Manhattan wine bar waiting on my missus actually. Cheers. 

What ABV is that Barolo H?

Sad news for Robbie, Stevie and Neil.

Big turnover of players in the summer who have clearly not performed for him. Think there was a few bust ups with established long serving players as well which won't have helped.  Things must really have been bad for a chairman who believes managers should be given time to sack Robbie so soon.  Suppose the league table does not lie at the end of the day.

Shame for him as he did wonders for us. Do I want him back ? No chance. . I love Robbie but sorry his times over here for now and he made an arse of it down there (far too soon for him to go) . He will likely potter around the dunfermlines of the world for a few years at least.

love the guy so good luck to him 

7 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Lennon offski soon downsouth .Robbie to Hibs :ninja:

Would be a certain irony of Lennon to MK Dons

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Could you please keep it on topic. We're discussing Neilson. I wish him all the best. Needs to rebuild in the lower leagues. 

What do you think?

What do I think? 

I think making comments about his wife is low as ****. I hope he reports you and you get what you deserve. 

Of course the mods may view your comments as being posted by a waster sitting in his mums basement posting from his chariot and show leniency 

Sad to see Robbie lose his job. Top pro and deserves respect for his efforts at hearts over a long period of time. Led us to a league title in one of my favourite years as a jambo.

3 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Sad to see Robbie lose his job. Top pro and deserves respect for his efforts at hearts over a long period of time. Led us to a league title in one of my favourite years as a jambo.

This is true. We dominated that league. Good times indeed on our way back up.

Still I was almost glad when he left and I'm not surprised it's not worked at MK Dons for him. Still, as you say he served us well and I wish him well in the future.

What a bizarre thread. 36 pages of arguing over an ex manager and people showing pleasure at his miserable season.

Neilson left and I paid a wee bit more attention the MK’s results out of curiousity. I wished him the best and it hasn’t worked out. I’ll continue to wish him the best.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

What a bizarre thread. 36 pages of arguing over an ex manager and people showing pleasure at his miserable season.

Neilson left and I paid a wee bit more attention the MK’s results out of curiousity. I wished him the best and it hasn’t worked out. I’ll continue to wish him the best.

Oddball behaviour.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Wishing him to fail, or wishing him the best? :lol:

To fail. The other side are t wishing him success. They are laughing at the stupid ***** who have spent four months fantasising about him failing. :lol:

Sad for him, I liked him and thought he'd do well in England. I think he did well with the side he inherited but made some poor signings. Thems the breaks I suppose.

This was clearly a prediction battle and others predicted he would be gone, and I said they were wrong. Well, they were right, I was wrong. Hope they do a little dance and enjoy it.

Meanwhile, FTH, tomorrow and always.

Howdy Doody Jambo

well they say every manager gets the sack, I'm sure Robbie will learn from his experience, good on him for giving it a go I'm sure he will get another chance 

probably left us a bit early when we were doing quite well 

Great servant to our club over two decades and tucked away a cracking pen in 2006. Quite strange to see people enjoying his poor run in England, can’t really blame the guy for having a go however maybe a bit too early for him. Hope he does well wherever he ends up. 

22 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I still think he'll be at secvo come the start of next season. 

Not sure doesn’t seem like that would be any improvement on Murty and as such the Rankers fans wouldn’t accept that

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not sure doesn’t seem like that would be any improvement on Murty and as such the Rankers fans wouldn’t accept that

Maybe they want him to garauntee immediate promotion at the first time of asking... ;)

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Maybe they want him to garauntee immediate promotion at the first time of asking... ;)

Touché get out league 2 straight off without having to bring back Princess Ally

Edited by sadj

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are completely correct but for some reason I've just got a feeling. 

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic