FootballMania HD matchday vlogs

CornhillHearts

CornhillHearts

As some posters may be aware, my son has a Youtube channel FootballMania HD.

He presents match day vlogs, which have proved to be pretty popular and he's had some great feedback from predominantly Hearts fans, but also other teams fans worldwide.

As alluded to previously by posters he was potentially flouting SPFL copyright rules in terms of filming match footage.

Sad to say that he's recently had two vlogs v Killie and Rangers removed from his channel. Given if he receives one more "strike" Youtube could delete his channel altogether, he has taken the decision to heed the warnings and not film match footage.

He's a wee bit deflated about the situation, given there's plenty similar footage out there, although he's going to continue vlogging and hopes to give a "matchday experience" to viewers albeit in a different style.

He also does match day vlogs for Edinburgh City, who have him as accredited media personnel, although given the uncertainty around what he can or can't film for Edinburgh City he's taken the decision not to vlog their game v Elgin today and he's off to Fir Park.

Cheers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CornhillHearts

• peter_hmfc

• Chester™

• rudi must stay

Really sorry for your kid . Thought he done a terrific job and for a young lad has a real talent . I am sure he still has a bright future in this area and someone will see it . Maybe even us .

What was the reason? Did he use copyrighted sound tracks or is it due to showing goals etc?.

Maybe he could just stick to more fan clips, teams coming out etc

That's a shame regards the game footage but I will still look forward to his vlogs as they are done to a very high standard, and I'm sure other people who have seen his vlog will do the same.

Could he not in the meantime set his videos to link only so he can still link to places like this?

Unfortunately public videos can get copyrighted. I had a video with 1.5m views that was taken down after 5 years because of the song I used.

Was gutted but maybe private link can keep him going and some can see his footage.

Good luck to the wee YouTuber :)

I know it's not the same as Youtube and definitely won't get the same amount of views, but he could try uploading them to Vimeo, I'm not sure how the copyright for that works, but it could be an option.

As some posters may be aware, my son has a Youtube channel FootballMania HD.

He presents match day vlogs, which have proved to be pretty popular and he's had some great feedback from predominantly Hearts fans, but also other teams fans worldwide.

As alluded to previously by posters he was potentially flouting SPFL copyright rules in terms of filming match footage.

Sad to say that he's recently had two vlogs v Killie and Rangers removed from his channel. Given if he receives one more "strike" Youtube could delete his channel altogether, he has taken the decision to heed the warnings and not film match footage.

He's a wee bit deflated about the situation, given there's plenty similar footage out there, although he's going to continue vlogging and hopes to give a "matchday experience" to viewers albeit in a different style.

He also does match day vlogs for Edinburgh City, who have him as accredited media personnel, although given the uncertainty around what he can or can't film for Edinburgh City he's taken the decision not to vlog their game v Elgin today and he's off to Fir Park.

Cheers

is that wee Joes Vlogs?

if so they are terrific. blooming shame

head up wee man

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Oh that's a pity it was great watching his Vlogs. Especially for us fans overseas can't get to matches.

The same rules stopped Hearts own YouTube channel from uploading our own highlights a couple of years ago. Remember 'goal cam'?

It's a joke considering how poor a service we get from the SPFL, this is just someone throwing their weight around. No money is being made from it FFS, if anything it does a better job of promoting our league than they do themselves.

Dallas Green

It's utterly pathetic from the SPFL putting in a copyright claim to get it taken down if that's what has happened.

They were good vlogs!

I saw one of his vlogs and thought it was very decent, it's q shame he can't show footage of the game though.

If his channel grows enough couldn't hearts maybe do something to allow him to vlog match highlights?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jambo-fletch

Always enjoyed watching his videos! Clearly got a real passion and talent for it! Living in England I always enjoyed watching these highlights! Feel gutted for the lad!

I saw one of his vlogs and thought it was very decent, it's q shame he can't show footage of the game though.

If his channel grows enough couldn't hearts maybe do something to allow him to vlog match highlights?

Unfortunately Hearts are also very protective around match highlights and content. The argument would be it could affect subscriptions to Hearts TV therefore losing the club revenue.

Unfortunately Hearts are also very protective around match highlights and content. The argument would be it could affect subscriptions to Hearts TV therefore losing the club revenue.

Yeah I can understand that I guess, it's a shame but he should definitely stick with it, I think he might be another Spencer fc in the making ;)

Neilson's Shank

Loved the Vlogs pity that petty rules are stiffling a great opportunity for the young man.

Keep working on the non match elements you are good at it.

Sierra Delta

That's a shame, but if his views etc were enough to attract the attention of YouTube then he's obviously doing something right :)

I think the clubs need to take a stand against the SPFL. They are incompetent and if the goals (scored by the clubs players, in the clubs ground, funded by the club) help generate a wee bit cash and fan engagement for the clubs then they absolutely should be allowed to. 

Its not like the SPFL does anything decent with them anyway. Utter nonsense. 

CornhillHearts

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply.

As mentioned he's vlogged yesterday's game.

Should anyone be looking in from parties who may wish to know, he definitely didn't film any match footage.

In answer to some of the questions: the previous vlogs were removed due to match footage. He's not wee Joe, although he's a mate of his.

I understand why Spfl and Hearts are protective of their product, it's maybe more of a matter of the timing when the vlogs are published.

IMO Hearts are missing out on engaging with the younger fan here. It may be that this is going to be adressed given the recent adverts for media staff, but most of the tweets/news stuff is aimed at the adult fan.

Anyway, I've been telling him he's a victim of his own success and it shows how well received his stuff has been.

The link to his vlog is below and if anyone has any feedback/ideas as to what he could do with them, please feel free to reply here, or on the YouTube page.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/286qR05UJ_g

Great vlog for yesterday again and he did well to keep it really interesting without the match footage. As we were driving away I actually saw him walking along the road and pointed him out to my mates as "wee Aaron who does the vlogs"! They both knew exactly who he was as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy these vlogs, the young man does an excellent job and you can see he is enjoying doing it. Its a a shame he has had to cut out the match footage though, SPL **** **** ****!

• 1 month later...

Does he sit and record himself the entire 90mins :lol: ? Would drive me absolutely mad sitting next to or behind someone doing that the whole game.

That's ****ing brutal chat from the SPFL. It's not like they're trotting out Match of the Day on a weekly basis, our highlights package is dreadful, so to claim copyright for something that probably won't even be shown on Sportscene is mental.  

Can he still film pre-match, half-time and full-time content (like as soon as the whistle goes), or would they moan about that as well? 

Whether I agree with the idea of it or not (I wouldn't like to sit next to someone doing the same sort of thing) , he's obviously got a good following and puts together decent content which should be encouraged. 

Nothing about the SPFL firing copyright claims at him surprises me.  They'll go for the low hanging fruit that couldn't possibly fight back, yet they won't pull up teams for pitch invasions or sectarian singing?  Scumbags.  

Edited by tian447

CornhillHearts
3 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Does he sit and record himself the entire 90mins :lol: ? Would drive me absolutely mad sitting next to or behind someone doing that the whole game.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

That's ****ing brutal chat from the SPFL. It's not like they're trotting out Match of the Day on a weekly basis, our highlights package is dreadful, so to claim copyright for something that probably won't even be shown on Sportscene is mental.  

Can he still film pre-match, half-time and full-time content (like as soon as the whistle goes), or would they moan about that as well? 

Whether I agree with the idea of it or not (I wouldn't like to sit next to someone doing the same sort of thing) , he's obviously got a good following and puts together decent content which should be encouraged. 

Nothing about the SPFL firing copyright claims at him surprises me.  They'll go for the low hanging fruit that couldn't possibly fight back, yet they won't pull up teams for pitch invasions or sectarian singing?  Scumbags.  

Not the whole game no. 

He still films post and pre-match and hasn't had any issues.

His main gripe is that he seems to have been targeted. As you'll possibly be aware there's a growing number of folk that do this sort of thing seemingly without recourse. It may be that he's become noticed as he's grown his channel a bit. 

13 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Not the whole game no. 

He still films post and pre-match and hasn't had any issues.

His main gripe is that he seems to have been targeted. As you'll possibly be aware there's a growing number of folk that do this sort of thing seemingly without recourse. It may be that he's become noticed as he's grown his channel a bit. 

Love watching these vlogs!

Hearts fans should totally support Aaron by subscribing to these and sharing as much as possible.

13 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Not the whole game no.

Caught all 4 goals at Hearts vs Rangers so much have been recording for a substantial amount of time.

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Caught all 4 goals at Hearts vs Rangers so much have been recording for a substantial amount of time.

Who cares if he does??!!  Folk are only happy when the game is like a library!

CornhillHearts
2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

He's been watching football for some time now so, as he previously did when he was filming the game- anticipates when something of interest (generally goals) is going to happen

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Who cares if he does??!!  Folk are only happy when the game is like a library!

The people sitting around him? Can't understand why people can't just watch/enjoy the game, same goes for people who spend more time checking their accumulator and the English scores than they do watching the match right in front of them.

25 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

The people sitting around him? Can't understand why people can't just watch/enjoy the game, same goes for people who spend more time checking their accumulator and the English scores than they do watching the match right in front of them.

Away you go,

This is completely different from checking the scores on your phone ect.

I doubt he is lugging about a full sized broadcast camera with him.

23 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

Away you go,

This is completely different from checking the scores on your phone ect.

I doubt he is lugging about a full sized broadcast camera with him.

Exactly, you don't record other people then upload it to youtube when you check the scores.

Last part is a strawman argument, I never said he was, at all.

CornhillHearts

Aaron's Edinburgh City vlog from the weekend.

With assist and goal for Callumn Morrison-doing well. Thumbnail credit Thomas Lee

Edited by CornhillHearts
Insert credit for photo

On 01/11/2017 at 17:56, peter_hmfc said:

You a clearly a very sad old man with nothing better to do with your time, sometimes opinions are best kept to yourself.

The match blogs are fantastic, really great to see a young boy with such an interest in Hearts and combining two hobbies.

2 hours ago, barcajambo said:

You a clearly a very sad old man with nothing better to do with your time, sometimes opinions are best kept to yourself.

The match blogs are fantastic, really great to see a young boy with such an interest in Hearts and combining two hobbies.

I'm probably younger than you and I wouldn't like it if the person next to me was constantly filming himself and commentating on the game right in front of him :rofl: . How criminal. Jog on.

2 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

I'm probably younger than you and I wouldn't like it if the person next to me was constantly filming himself and commentating on the game right in front of him :rofl: . How criminal. Jog on.

If your younger than me then you probably need to get out more and maybe then you won’t be knocking a enthusiastic young fan.  (delete)

17 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

If your younger than me then you probably need to get out more and maybe then you won’t be knocking a enthusiastic young fan.  Gimp.

* Insists another fan needs to get out more. *

* Spends their time abusing other fans. *

Oh BJ, will you ever win. It's early on a Monday morning so I'll let you off with just my pity.

Awww :( .

• 1 month later...
CornhillHearts

Evening all. 

Aaron was fortunate enough to interview Jim Jefferies recently, as well as being a legend in the eyes of many Hearts fans (myself included) he was also an absolute gent and very encouraging to Aaron. Enjoy. 

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Evening all. 

Aaron was fortunate enough to interview Jim Jefferies recently, as well as being a legend in the eyes of many Hearts fans (myself included) he was also an absolute gent and very encouraging to Aaron. Enjoy. 

good interview. Fair play to Edinburgh City but it's a shame he's not in a Hearts tracksuit there, would still be a useful man to have around

42 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Evening all. 

Didn’t know they Gary Jardine left. Why did that happen?! He’s a gent and obviously was doing something right. Who’s this new manager?

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Didn’t know they Gary Jardine left. Why did that happen?! He’s a gent and obviously was doing something right. Who’s this new manager?

James McDonagh. Good experience as a youth coach, been at huge clubs compared to Edinburgh City as Jefferies says. They have Farid El Alagui, leaving aside his connections that's a brilliant signing there

Edited by rudi must stay

CornhillHearts

Former Hibs youth coach, think it was 20s, latterly assistant manager at Falkirk. 

10 minutes ago, Dayman said: