• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Saw this today for the first time, looks interesting.

CB0103BC-73B1-4960-8519-7B97ABA0E4E2.jpeg

Hope it's better than the H41 from Heineken, which is made with hops from Patagonia, not good, not good at all.

34 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Hope it's better than the H41 from Heineken, which is made with hops from Patagonia, not good, not good at all.

We saw the Patagonia one too Jimbo, I’ll let you know what this Blue Ridge one is like.

Mind you, at 2.06€ for three 33cl bottles at 5.6ABV, I’ll drink it whatever it tastes like :lol:

17 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Morgan - have you tried this beer I had in Marseille last year

FrenchBeer.jpg

No Stuart, never had a hardi coq.

Never even heard of it.

Thanks for sharing yours with me though...

Horatio Caine
35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No Stuart, never had a hardi coq.

Never even heard of it.

Thanks for sharing yours with me though...

Bad news for Mrs Morgan.

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Bad news for Mrs Morgan.

She can take it. :)

:oohmatron: 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2018 at 12:49, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Blue Ridge was terrible Jimbo.

Never again.

alwaysthereinspirit

If you get up to Vermont give Heady Topper a try. Can only buy it in Vermont. People wait outside package stores to buy it and its 8 cans per person max. (4 packs)

Drink of choice lately has been Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Beer or Down East Cider.

jimmyjambo
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

That looks good.

It is quite nice, this one, Cafe Racer is nicer tho imo, tastes of coffee and chocolate

1F90AA6C-6EC7-4659-A7CE-243B71842422.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jimmyjambo said:

It is quite nice, this one, Cafe Racer is nicer tho imo, tastes of coffee and chocolate

1F90AA6C-6EC7-4659-A7CE-243B71842422.jpeg

I really like porters.

Where do you get them?

jimmyjambo
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I really like porters.

Where do you get them?

I go to Beer Zoo in Portobello, a wee craft beer shop on the corner of the High Street and Windsor Place, but occasionally Lidl and Aldi will have a Scottish beer festival on where they have decent deals.

1 minute ago, jimmyjambo said:

I go to Beer Zoo in Portobello, a wee craft beer shop on the corner of the High Street and Windsor Place, but occasionally Lidl and Aldi will have a Scottish beer festival on where they have decent deals.

Is that near Bath Street Jimmy?

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Thanks.

jimmyjambo
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is that near Bath Street Jimmy?

Yes, top of Bath Street turn left along High Street and it’s about 200 yards on the right hand side

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thanks.

Nae bother

4 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Yes, top of Bath Street turn left along High Street and it’s about 200 yards on the right hand side

Nae bother

:thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

00D6000E-5259-431E-95DE-C03DC20EC364.jpeg

DD955224-C855-4EA5-9B24-CB5260440F6B.jpeg

Tesco are charging £2.50 for the wee bottles of Delirium, cheaper to go to Brussels to the real Delirium.

:greggy:

12 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

Tesco are charging £2.50 for the wee bottles of Delirium, cheaper to go to Brussels to the real Delirium.

:greggy:

Is it nice BJ?

I am thinking about buying some on Monday.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 6/2/2018 at 12:35, Morgan said:

Is it nice BJ?

I am thinking about buying some on Monday.

No idea, I tend to stick to wheat beers when I'm over.

Money4NothingDrinks4Free

Is there really a need for any other than Carling? Easily best on the market and at a reasonable price. Anything else is just pretentious if you ask me.

Tastes great from the tap, a couple of tins are perfect for a BBQ and is a staple for an away day trip!

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

Is there really a need for any other than Carling? Easily best on the market and at a reasonable price. Anything else is just pretentious if you ask me.

Tastes great from the tap, a couple of tins are perfect for a BBQ and is a staple for an away day trip!

Carling 

:rofl::rofl:

PortyJambo
On 02/06/2018 at 01:12, martoon said:

Tried this tonight. Didn't expect to like it but it was nice.

wells_banana_bread__73511.1455086986.jpeg

I used to drink that regularly. Nice banana taste to is but not too cloying or sweet. Not had a bottle for ages though....might be time to get some in :)  Asda used to do it, but don't know if they still do.

34 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I used to drink that regularly. Nice banana taste to is but not too cloying or sweet. Not had a bottle for ages though....might be time to get some in :)  Asda used to do it, but don't know if they still do.

You're right about the flavour. A mellow banana taste that doesn't over power the beer. 

Wells also do a stick toffee pudding beer, amongst others. A bit more sweeter but still nice. 

I got the banana stuff from Morrisons, btw. Ferry Road, but probably available in others. 

Edited by martoon

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

You're right about the flavour. A mellow banana taste that doesn't over power the beer. 

Wells also do a stick toffee pudding beer, amongst others. A bit more sweeter but still nice. 

I got the banana stuff from Morrisons, btw. Ferry Road, but probably available in others. 

Mart? I’ve had the Wells pudding beer once when they had it as a guest ale in the Stockbridge Tap. As you say, very sweet. My wife really liked it but it wasn’t to my taste at all.

Hell, I’m sweet enough already...

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Mart? I’ve had the Wells pudding beer once when they had it as a guest ale in the Stockbridge Tap. As you say, very sweet. My wife really liked it but it wasn’t to my taste at all.

Hell, I’m sweet enough already... 

We all know that, Morg. ;)

It's a bit to much for me too. Much prefer the banana but, even then, no more than one per session. 

Prefer beer to taste like...well, beer. 

:toasting:

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

We all know that, Morg. ;)

It's a bit to much for me too. Much prefer the banana but, even then, no more than one per session. 

Prefer beer to taste like...well, beer. 

:toasting:

I’ll drink to that.

Cheery :toasting:

Midloth_Iain

Freshest, crispest lager I have had this year.  First tried it on a trip to Hawaii in March.

Pleased to report it tastes just as good over here :greggy:

20180311041218_IMG_1191.JPG

10 hours ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

::troll::

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Money4NothingDrinks4Free said:

:interehjrling:

:lol:

Beer has come a long way in the past few years.

Pretentiousness aside, I ****ing love it!

These guys are worth a try. You may know the marketing lassie as she used to be the manager of the Stockbridge Tap. Brewery is in Dalkeith and has a tap room

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Dfa4FSdXkAAklcI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 11/06/2018 at 17:58, Notts1874 said:

These guys are worth a try. You may know the marketing lassie as she used to be the manager of the Stockbridge Tap. Brewery is in Dalkeith and has a tap room

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Dfa4FSdXkAAklcI.jpg

They make a smokey ale for bonfire bar in dalkeith. Really tasty, but it's >£5 a pint. In dalkeith. :berra:

Seymour M Hersh

My stopping drinking beer pre-dates the craft beer explosion and although the "real" ales were popular I never liked them as I'd always drunk lager. I stopped drinking pints of lager for bottles a few years before giving beer up altogether and the reason was the inconsistency of the pint from pub to pub. You could get a brilliant pint of (for arguments sake) Tennents in pub A then go to pub B and it was bowf! At least when you bought bottles it was consistent. 

Arnold Rothstein
On 07/06/2018 at 22:55, JackLadd said:

Just now it's Bud Light.  

Now im not much of a beer snob but Bud Light has to be the most watery beer out there.  

2 minutes ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Now im not much of a beer snob but Bud Light has to be the most watery beer out there.  

I agree but I got a taste for it in Florida. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Harviestoun have a Session IPA called Summer Legend out now which I have just tried and it is well worth a try. Only 3.5 so easy for early in the day. 

tmg-article_tall.jpgtmg-article_tall.jpgtmg-article_tall.jpg

Just 3 of the beers that I really enjoyed on my Chicago holiday in early June, their double IPA's are brilliant, very easy to drink but also very strong.

My adopted local meant you were spoilt for choice, the brewery of the month for June was a spectacular Belgian Hopewell Family Saison 5.9% ABV @ $4.

www.maproom.com

1 hour ago, Jamdub said:

tmg-article_tall.jpgtmg-article_tall.jpgtmg-article_tall.jpg

Just 3 of the beers that I really enjoyed on my Chicago holiday in early June, their double IPA's are brilliant, very easy to drink but also very strong.

My adopted local meant you were spoilt for choice, the brewery of the month for June was a spectacular Belgian Hopewell Family Saison 5.9% ABV @ $4.

www.maproom.com

Goose is superb