Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Had a bottle of this last night, very nice.

image.png.ad3d851f4c37325b15545a1752ffd534.png

So did I and I enjoyed it too. Had a Wee Jock on Friday night - it was OK but I prefer the Old Jock. I'm having an Old Jock this evening.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

Blue Dug Brew (3.6%) - Carlsberg UK

Had a pint of this in the Blue Dug Bar, Barony Castle Hotel, Eddleston, Peeblesshire, it is named after the Blue Dug, a ghost story associated with the hotel.

The Duty Manager said it is brewed by Carlsberg.  The Great Polish Map of Scotland is located within yards of the hotel.

What did I think of the beer, pretty bog standard cask beer tbh, alright, but nothing special, meal was lovely though.

image.jpeg.34d0c2eac33f36641287da723a7192d2.jpeg

Last up tonight, as I better not have anymore, as I'm also hitting the rum (more than I should be :laugh:)

Order of the Faith DDH IPA (6.5%) - Northern Monk & Alpha Delta Brewing, Yorkshire & Newcastle.

Cloudy pale yellow, really citrusy, not exactly my prefered brew tbh, more in tune with the modern trend of right now.

image.jpeg.fd5f567b0d2950f9cdb186bb2ac1af37.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Stunning, really really good.

image.jpeg.edb51425b9ade4ad4d8989e6a48269cb.jpeg

That’s a nice beer that Jim, just like a Vietnamese coffee, coffee with condensed milk.

just had this from Vocation, it’s a stout with rum & ginger, it’s an nice enough beer, but not nice enough for me to buy again, if that makes sense 

07A59ECE-7888-4DA5-A339-29E422ABC118.jpeg

heartsfc_fan

Other end of the scale, these are only 90p or so in Tesco/Asda. Not bad to start the evening.

index.jpg

12 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

That’s a nice beer that Jim, just like a Vietnamese coffee, coffee with condensed milk.

just had this from Vocation, it’s a stout with rum & ginger, it’s an nice enough beer, but not nice enough for me to buy again, if that makes sense 

07A59ECE-7888-4DA5-A339-29E422ABC118.jpeg

Makes perfect sense, most of the beers I have are alright, but most I probably wouldn't have again, however every now and then you come across one that stands out, such as the Roaster Coaster or Old Jock which is my go to beer that I'll have 3 or 4 times a week, in fact I had a bottle of Old Jock before I tried the Roaster Coaster last night.

11 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Makes perfect sense, most of the beers I have are alright, but most I probably wouldn't have again, however every now and then you come across one that stands out, such as the Roaster Coaster or Old Jock which is my go to beer that I'll have 3 or 4 times a week, in fact I had a bottle of Old Jock before I tried the Roaster Coaster last night.

Going have to try this old jock, I’m sure I’ve had it years ago, will have a look for it.

Drinking this at the moment, a lovely beer from Vocation, they do some fantastic beers, this one has chocolate, bourbon and a hint of chilli, superb, would definitely buy again.

C8B7409C-0203-4089-AADA-429A44A93780.jpeg

heartsfc_fan
2 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Going have to try this old jock, I’m sure I’ve had it years ago, will have a look for it.

Drinking this at the moment, a lovely beer from Vocation, they do some fantastic beers, this one has chocolate, bourbon and a hint of chilli, superb, would definitely buy again.

C8B7409C-0203-4089-AADA-429A44A93780.jpeg

11.5% 😁

Posted this beer before, but I have to say I really do like this.

Grand Imperial Porter (8%) - Amber Brewery, Bielkowko, Poland

It really won't be everyones cup of tea as it is really intense and strong, reminds me an old time strong beer, something along the likes of Traquair Ale, if anyone has tried that.

image.thumb.jpeg.a820c80c3a344ddf4fde888545e0d3c1.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Posted this beer before, but I have to say I really do like this.

Grand Imperial Porter (8%) - Amber Brewery, Bielkowko, Poland

It really won't be everyones cup of tea as it is really intense and strong, reminds me an old time strong beer, something along the likes of Traquair Ale, if anyone has tried that.

image.thumb.jpeg.a820c80c3a344ddf4fde888545e0d3c1.jpeg

This is by anspach & hobday ...the porter just had a bottle.....  it’s ok but not my fav.

2643F259-A71B-4074-B38D-86AA34D24B0B.jpeg

10 hours ago, One five said:

This is by anspach & hobday ...the porter just had a bottle.....  it’s ok but not my fav.

2643F259-A71B-4074-B38D-86AA34D24B0B.jpeg

Never even heard of that one, let alone seen it before.

11 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Never even heard of that one, let alone seen it before.

I got it from M&S drinkable but would not buy it again though.

On 18/08/2020 at 18:31, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Kloster Andechs Dunkel (4.9%) - Kloster Brewery, Bavaria, Germany.

Nice mild roasted flavour, enjoying this.

image.jpeg.8e239bddc51ab90eea3d2492520d77df.jpeg

Where did you get that from?

Went to Germany with my ex GF years ago, she was German and introduced me to this. Only about 2 bars in Munich sold it.

The story behind it is good, brewed by benedictine monks to provide them sustenance as a meal substitute during lent as they didn't eat, so got pished instead. 

We visited the monestary/Brewery and had the best beer,pork and pretzel the size of your head

4 hours ago, Bozi said:

Where did you get that from?

Went to Germany with my ex GF years ago, she was German and introduced me to this. Only about 2 bars in Munich sold it.

The story behind it is good, brewed by benedictine monks to provide them sustenance as a meal substitute during lent as they didn't eat, so got pished instead. 

We visited the monestary/Brewery and had the best beer,pork and pretzel the size of your head

Beers of Europe

https://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Just checked, in stock @ £2.59 per bottle.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Just halfway through a bishops finger for the first time.  Iam not sure I can taste much identifiable, it's a pleasant enough drink at least.  Not strong or much after taste.  Could down a few I think, Iam only having one today. 

Does have a slight fruity smell, as indicated on the label on the back ☺ 👍 Not bad at all, will try again 😊 

Heart of Darkness
On 13/08/2020 at 22:12, EastOfTheRiver said:

Had a bottle of this from Broughton ales tonight, at 6.2% it was a bit stronger than my normal IPA’s but no complaints. 

B1007A3E-EFC8-483F-8556-677072D19B69.png

Had this a few times and found it very enjoyable. 😋👌

I got a bottle of birra moretti waiting to get sipped once a particular event comes to a conclusion Thursday. 

🤞 🍻 

Never had it before, hopeing it's good. To be fair, I've never discarded a beer in my days ☺ so it's getting downed, good or bad. 

Edited by HMFC01

3 minutes ago, Tott said:

First beer ive tried  from Broughton ales.

Neither strong or hoppy,but very nice indeed.

450x450.jpg

This is good stuff 👍

I think this is the first time I've had this but it's really nice, good body and smooth, some of the ipa's I've had can have been a bit thin for my liking.

SHAWOL.JPG

• 1 month later...

To celebrate tonight’s result I though I’d have a wee beer from sunny Leith 😂

From the campervan brewery in Leith 9.3 % abv, Double Mutiny, lovely, chocolate, coffee, vanilla and coconut flavour, would buy again.

8E6F8897-B644-42E5-8990-0CF1F4BCC101.jpeg

15 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

To celebrate tonight’s result I though I’d have a wee beer from sunny Leith 😂

From the campervan brewery in Leith 9.3 % abv, Double Mutiny, lovely, chocolate, coffee, vanilla and coconut flavour, would buy again.

8E6F8897-B644-42E5-8990-0CF1F4BCC101.jpeg

That's some head on that, looks quite fizzy.

I've not had many new beers over the last few months, mostly just been drinking Broughton Brewery 'Old Jock' of late.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's some head on that, looks quite fizzy.

I've not had many new beers over the last few months, mostly just been drinking Broughton Brewery 'Old Jock' of late.

It settled down, didn't make a good job of pouring it tbh

Had this from Tempest / Põhjala yesterday. Lovely stuff at 13.2%.

A modern take on a traditional Scottish 160/- Shilling Ale, brewed with wildflower honey and aged in a blend of Glen Garioch and Auchentoshan whisky.

dacbad707bc34421f8b158b9ba0418dd72409e1c.jpg

Edited by Ritchez

2 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

A modern take on a traditional Scottish 160/- Shilling Ale, brewed with wildflower honey and aged in a blend of Glen Garioch and Auchentoshan whisky.

I bought one of these a couple of weeks back, may try it this weekend 

8 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Where did you get that?

EmJDwKMXIAAfrbF.jpg 

First months venture into the Fyne ales mini-cask discovery club.

Meridian single hop pale ale..

Tried too stick too a couple of beers  during game.

But  easy drinking,cask empty .now onto the jarl.

Edited by Tott

20 minutes ago, Tott said:

EmJDwKMXIAAfrbF.jpg 

First months venture into the Fyne ales mini-cask discovery club.

Meridian single hop pale ale..

Tried too stick too a couple of beers  during game.

But  easy drinking,cask empty .now onto the jarl.

I like the Jarl, at least the bottle version, cask might be slightly different though.