• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

Jambo-Jimbo

Ossian Ale, another one I first had years & years ago and thought it was time to try again.

Quite nice golden ale.

image.thumb.png.1cda54be263d51d3a51fa950003d483f.png

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Tonight’s choice is a Vocation stout brewed with Belgian malts, aged on raspberries in ex red wine barrels, cracking beer, full of flavour,  only the one of these though as it’s 11.3 % 🤪

9E6CBDDC-5100-43C0-876C-C1A7D1E2733E.jpeg

heartsfc_fan
23 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Tonight’s choice is a Vocation stout brewed with Belgian malts, aged on raspberries in ex red wine barrels, cracking beer, full of flavour,  only the one of these though as it’s 11.3 % 🤪

9E6CBDDC-5100-43C0-876C-C1A7D1E2733E.jpeg

Nice. Where'd you get that?

heartsfc_fan

This for me tonight. Broughton brewery.

Nice stuff. 6.2% hoppy IPA. Plenty of flavour.

index.jpg

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Nice. Where'd you get that?

https://www.vocationbrewery.com/pages/vocation-co

This was a small batch brew, they aren’t brewing this at the moment, they may do it again, they may not. They have a couple of new similar type beers which I have ordered and I’m waiting on delivery, these may interest you. I have no idea what these are like as I haven’t tried them.

https://www.vocationbrewery.com/collections/core/products/barrel-aged-series-br-coconut-maple-stout-11-6-br

https://www.vocationbrewery.com/collections/core/products/barrel-aged-series-br-chocolate-banana-stout-12-br

I have enjoyed a few of their beers, If if you like an ipa, they have a few crackers that I have tried

Love & Hate, this is available on their website or Tesco

Life & Death

Smash & Grab

heartsfc_fan
19 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

This was a small batch brew, they aren’t brewing this at the moment, they may do it again, they may not. They have a couple of new similar type beers which I have ordered and I’m waiting on delivery, these may interest you. I have no idea what these are like as I haven’t tried them.

https://www.vocationbrewery.com/collections/core/products/barrel-aged-series-br-coconut-maple-stout-11-6-br

https://www.vocationbrewery.com/collections/core/products/barrel-aged-series-br-chocolate-banana-stout-12-br

I have enjoyed a few of their beers, If if you like an ipa, they have a few crackers that I have tried

Life & Death

Smash & Grab

Cheers 👍

Jambo-Jimbo
17 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Life & Death

Smash & Grab

I've had, Heart & Soul, Life & Death, Pure Pilsner & Yakima Pilsner.

Always thought I'd had the Love & Hate but it's not in my database, so I mustn't have had it, sure I've seen it in Asda.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I've had, Heart & Soul, Life & Death, Pure Pilsner & Yakima Pilsner.

Always thought I'd had the Love & Hate but it's not in my database, so I mustn't have had it, sure I've seen it in Asda.

Never seen Love & Hate in Asda, that’s not to say they don’t supply it, I just haven’t seen it there, it’s definitely in Tesco though 

Jambo-Jimbo

Having a bottle of the excellent Lia Fail, this is one of my all time favourite beers, packed with rich malty flavour.

image.thumb.png.3cd52f423d86e6c2e5966486ef2c8bf9.png

rudi must stay
On 13/06/2020 at 21:28, Dawnrazor said:

An ice cold one of these, a long time favourite of mine.

640x640.jpg

Really nice 

the general

I know Brewdog are a thorny subject but the Lothian Road pub is open for takeaway pints.

Also probably covered already but

Cans v Bottles  .. what is better?

the general
21 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

How so?

They just seem a bit marmite between n

beer drinkers that's all  

Jambo-Jimbo
12 hours ago, the general said:

beer drinkers that's all  

Yip, I'd tend to agree, they are either a hit or a miss.

One of the best Brewdog's I've had was this one, although I doubt you'll find it in the shops.

image.thumb.jpeg.a3903ae0882259bfb03bde42c399ac40.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.778b0a395621f1944738803a7274f4f2.jpeg

12 hours ago, the general said:

beer drinkers that's all  

Aye, I had a bottle of the Punk IPA last week and didn't think that much of it.

Dagger Is Back
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, I had a bottle of the Punk IPA last week and didn't think that much of it.

First one I had I didn’t really think too much of it either.

Had about 5/6 now and it’s grown on me

maroonplatoon87
On 13/06/2020 at 14:49, Dawnrazor said:

Got a couple of bottles of this last, lovely stuff.

510ff84761f9a3f8ba1da42916982e1d_640x640

Mind me asking where you managed to get it 

10 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Mind me asking where you managed to get it 

A shop called "Booths" in Kirby Lonsdale, its the North Wests answer to Waitrose!!

maroonplatoon87
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

A shop called "Booths" in Kirby Lonsdale, its the North Wests answer to Waitrose!!

A tad too far for me, thanks 

heartsfc_fan
14 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One of the best Brewdog's I've had was this one, although I doubt you'll find it in the shops.

This stuff is/was sold on BA flights going over to America.

Can still get it (end of the batch) on brewdog online. Not had the stuff myself.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This stuff is/was sold on BA flights going over to America.

Can still get it (end of the batch) on brewdog online. Not had the stuff myself.

Yeh, i know it was only sold on BA Transatlantic flights.

My daughters partner (ex-partner now) managed to get some, cost him 67p per can, I asked him to get me as many as he could, but I never got any. 😞

Can't see any on the Brewdog site.

the general
15 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Had this on a BA flight and it was really nice obviously not quite cold enough

I think its available online oops maybe not as per other posts

Edited by the general

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

640x640.jpg

Not had a bottle of Old Tom in ages, have seen it at Asda, I'll have to get a bottle.

Have went off the McEwans Champion just now, Old Jock is my go to beer just now, in fact drinking one now.

If you get it down your way, well worth a try, good strong Scottish ale.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not had a bottle of Old Tom in ages, have seen it at Asda, I'll have to get a bottle.

Have went off the McEwans Champion just now, Old Jock is my go to beer just now, in fact drinking one now.

If you get it down your way, well worth a try, good strong Scottish ale.

Old Tom is dangerous stuff!! Beautiful but strong, it's been the first beer in the basket for me for a year or so.

I'm drinking the first bottle of McEwans Champion now, 2 bottles of Old Tom still to go, and I like it a lot.

We've a shop down here called Boothes and they always have a fantastic, as good as I've ever seen in a supermarket, range of beers, wines and spirits, needless to say I kick the erse right oot it😆

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

:pleasing:

Having some of this tonight. A favourite.

Drinking it right now, the first time I've had but its lovley 👍

Wow, Just had this, another cracking beer from Vocation, quite sweet, chocolate, coconut with maple syrup,  at 11.6% abv I’ll have to go onto something a bit lighter now🤪

27C6D3B4-1DD0-43B4-91B0-F508B2D6045E.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Old Tom is dangerous stuff!! Beautiful but strong, it's been the first beer in the basket for me for a year or so.

I'm drinking the first bottle of McEwans Champion now, 2 bottles of Old Tom still to go, and I like it a lot.

We've a shop down here called Boothes and they always have a fantastic, as good as I've ever seen in a supermarket, range of beers, wines and spirits, needless to say I kick the erse right oot it😆

8.5% Old Tom is or was when I tried it, there's a Blonde Tom (6%) as well, had it a couple of years back, didn't like it much.

Had quite a few Robinson's beers over the years, as usual some are average, some not that great, but there was some which were pretty good that I liked.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Wow, Just had this, another cracking beer from Vocation, quite sweet, chocolate, coconut with maple syrup,  at 11.6% abv I’ll have to go onto something a bit lighter now🤪

That looks quite thick.

Probably a good idea going onto something a bit lighter, 11.6% by feck.

Had that Off-Tempo (Bad Brewing Co) Milkshake IPA last night, quite enjoyed it, I'd certainly have it again.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

8.5% Old Tom is or was when I tried it, there's a Blonde Tom (6%) as well, had it a couple of years back, didn't like it much.

Had quite a few Robinson's beers over the years, as usual some are average, some not that great, but there was some which were pretty good that I liked.

Try the "Ginger Tom" if you see it.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Try the "Ginger Tom" if you see it.

Not sure if I've seen that, doesn't ring a bell.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not sure if I've seen that, doesn't ring a bell.

It's nice, gingery ale, not too gingery, just enough, and as strong as Old Tom, worth a go.

19 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

I'll keep my eye out for that, looks like my kind of beer.

Showing my age, but I can't keep up with all the real ales and imported beers. The small breweries seem to be springing up all over the shop.... Ergo on Dragons den etc..

As a lad I was introduced to McEwan's export, 80 shilling ,Tartan special, and India Pale ale...  And for the more sophisticated, sweet heart stout and a wee heavy....  Mind you that was the time of Babycham commercials....   So it could only improve.....   :)

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's nice, gingery ale, not too gingery, just enough, and as strong as Old Tom, worth a go.

Beers of Europe have it.

I'm rather hoping my girls do their usual and get their old dad a voucher for the above company, if so Ginger Tom is the first one bought. 👍

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Showing my age, but I can't keep up with all the real ales and imported beers. The small breweries seem to be springing up all over the shop.... Ergo on Dragons den etc..

As a lad I was introduced to McEwan's export, 80 shilling ,Tartan special, and India Pale ale...  And for the more sophisticated, sweet heart stout and a wee heavy....  Mind you that was the time of Babycham commercials....   So it could only improve.....   :)

Let's not forget Double Diamond and Skol, Harp & Kestral lager.

You can still get Sweetheart Stout, not had one of them in years.

Mrs JJ used to drink Cider & Babycham, that was all the rage back in the day.

Don't worry too much about trying to keep up with all the new breweries, I can't either. :laugh:

32 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That looks quite thick.

Probably a good idea going onto something a bit lighter, 11.6% by feck.

Had that Off-Tempo (Bad Brewing Co) Milkshake IPA last night, quite enjoyed it, I'd certainly have it again.

It was a lovely beer, I bought 4 of these and 4 of another Voation, chocolate and banana stout  at 12%abv, which I will try tomorrow for the first time.

im sure I had that ipa a while back which I think I got from Asda,  which was a decent beer if I recall.

24 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'll keep my eye out for that, looks like my kind of beer.

I think they are only on sale direct from the brewery, I may be wrong though. A fantastic beer well worth trying.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Let's not forget Double Diamond and Skol, Harp & Kestral lager.

You can still get Sweetheart Stout, not had one of them in years.

Mrs JJ used to drink Cider & Babycham, that was all the rage back in the day.

Don't worry too much about trying to keep up with all the new breweries, I can't either. :laugh:

Double diamond works wonders, works wonders etc....

Most of my old man's generation I saw in the pub used to look down on lager drinkers...

Was stout and a wee heavy a black and tan....   Folk would get about 3 quarters of the pint class filled then ask for the wee heavy.........  Only paying for half a pint...

Jambo-Jimbo
6 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Double diamond works wonders, works wonders etc....

Most of my old man's generation I saw in the pub used to look down on lager drinkers...

Was stout and a wee heavy a black and tan....   Folk would get about 3 quarters of the pint class filled then ask for the wee heavy.........  Only paying for half a pint...

One of my Uncles drank black & tan's all the time, nowadays most bar staff wouldn't have a clue what it is, never mind how to make one.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One of my Uncles drank black & tan's all the time, nowadays most bar staff wouldn't have a clue what it is, never mind how to make one.

Yeah, some of the old timers always got a new pint glass three quarters full. To get more for money...   It was popular at Artisan and Regent Buffet early 80s....