Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

jimmyjambo

Just had this from Pilot breweries in Leith, lovely imperial stout with a slight taste of liquorice, superb.

E8694437-58AA-41BE-AA21-98EC9E47B2D1.jpeg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

Jambo-Jimbo

Fast becoming my go to beer, used to be McEwans Champion, but Old Jock is replacing that, much more flavour.

image.png.6728e6e6de4324966a52ffab75c5cc0b.png

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Just had this from Pilot breweries in Leith, lovely imperial stout with a slight taste of liquorice, superb.

E8694437-58AA-41BE-AA21-98EC9E47B2D1.jpeg

Just opened a bottle of this, had better tbh.

image.jpeg.b62e6f4c8fce3ecf43533f4747e7272f.jpeg

jimmyjambo

Tonight’s beer is a BrewDog and Evil Twin collaboration, 9% abv, Vietnamese coffee stout, lovely, it is quite sweet,  taste of coffee and chocolate, £3.50 from Tesco, will definitely buy again.

603482A0-4ADE-491E-A452-A59E2727AF3F.jpeg

jimmyjambo
On 05/06/2020 at 20:20, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just opened a bottle of this, had better tbh.

image.jpeg.b62e6f4c8fce3ecf43533f4747e7272f.jpeg

That’s a shame Jim, haven’t even heard of that brewery tbh

Jambo-Jimbo
24 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

That’s a shame Jim, haven’t even heard of that brewery tbh

Bit of a hit or miss from Ridgeway Brewery tbh, had 6 now from them pretty average if truth be told, best was Bad King John, you'd probably like it, black & roasted probably as far as a beer can go without being a stout, although maybe too weak for you, it's only 6% 😄

I'll look for that Roaster Coaster next time I'm at Tesco, maybe this Monday, it'll be the first time I'll have been outside my town in about 6 weeks, but needs must running low on beer.  :rofl:

Jambo-Jimbo
36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

beer-1527863_216d8_hd.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

beer-57661_72dec_hd.jpeg

Haven't had any beers from either of those two breweries.

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Haven't had any beers from either of those two breweries.

Very nice, the family that own the Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery also own the Orange Tree in Kirkby Lonsdale,  if you're ever in the area go, great beers and great steaks and burgers for great money, they do a few different types from lighter ales to a Porter, all made 10 miles from me.

It sticks in my craw a wee bit but there some really beautiful English ales.

Farm Yard Breweries also do some beautiful beers.

Edited by Dawnrazor

jimmyjambo
48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Bit of a hit or miss from Ridgeway Brewery tbh, had 6 now from them pretty average if truth be told, best was Bad King John, you'd probably like it, black & roasted probably as far as a beer can go without being a stout, although maybe too weak for you, it's only 6% 😄

I'll look for that Roaster Coaster next time I'm at Tesco, maybe this Monday, it'll be the first time I'll have been outside my town in about 6 weeks, but needs must running low on beer.  :rofl:

Pill look out for that

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Very nice, the family that own the Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery also own the Orange Tree in Kirkby Lonsdale,  if you're ever in the area go, great beers and great steaks and burgers for great money, they do a few different types from lighter ales to a Porter, all made 10 miles from me.

It sticks in my craw a wee bit but there some really beautiful English ales.

Farm Yard Breweries also do some beautiful beers.

I'll do that, if I'm ever down that way.

There are many good English beers, even some fantastic ones, good beer is good beer no matter where it's from.

Stuart Lyon

Was given this by a friend yesterday - Very rich, chocolatey with more than a hint of coffee OK but I won't be looking for it. 

Chokka.jpeg

heartsfc_fan
On 06/06/2020 at 20:28, jimmyjambo said:

Tonight’s beer is a BrewDog and Evil Twin collaboration, 9% abv, Vietnamese coffee stout, lovely, it is quite sweet,  taste of coffee and chocolate, £3.50 from Tesco, will definitely buy again.

Couldn't see it in my Tesco earlier :( so got this:

Lovely hazy IPA. 7.2%. Would definitely buy again.

index.jpg

jimmyjambo
10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Couldn't see it in my Tesco earlier :( so got this:

Lovely hazy IPA. 7.2%. Would definitely buy again.

index.jpg

I got it at the Tesco in Penicuik 

heartsfc_fan
30 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Tesco Eskbank for me. Tbh, I probably wasn't looking hard enough.

Jambo-Jimbo
20 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Wasn't waiting in the queue at Tesco Galashiels this morning, joined queue and moved one place in 5 minutes, feck that I thought, left and joined Mrs JJ at M&S, 25 minutes later & the guy I was behind was still 8 places from getting in the store, went to Asda and walked straight in, stocked up on beer there and at Aldi, some stuff I've not had in a few years, so time to try them again, got 4 new beers though, 1 Bad Brewing Co (Milkshake IPA) & 3 Williams (Brel IPA, Klute IPA & Otis Orange IPA), but more importantly beer cupboard looking much more healthier now. 👍

jimmyjambo
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wasn't waiting in the queue at Tesco Galashiels this morning, joined queue and moved one place in 5 minutes, feck that I thought, left and joined Mrs JJ at M&S, 25 minutes later & the guy I was behind was still 8 places from getting in the store, went to Asda and walked straight in, stocked up on beer there and at Aldi, some stuff I've not had in a few years, so time to try them again, got 4 new beers though, 1 Bad Brewing Co (Milkshake IPA) & 3 Williams (Brel IPA, Klute IPA & Otis Orange IPA), but more importantly beer cupboard looking much more healthier now. 👍

Must admit I like a healthy beer cupboard 😂

Ive had the milkshake ipa before, can’t remember what it was like though, not tried the others, enjoy 👍

I like the idea of a roasted coffee taste and a nice dark chocolate.  In a can would be :sweeet:

Not keen on a Vietnamese brew at 9%alc though, I might get tunnel vision :rolleyes2:

Just now, HMFC01 said:

:rofl:

Seriously though, is it any good :2thumbsup:

It is, they do a few nice beers, Hen Harrier is another. 

I can just imagine some drunk person walking into a shop, looking around for their favorite drink, can't find it, then decide to ask the shopkeeper or anyone nearby.  

"I can't find any pleasant phucker anywhere, can you help me?"  :D 

Jambo-Jimbo
10 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I can just imagine some drunk person walking into a shop, looking around for their favorite drink, can't find it, then decide to ask the shopkeeper or anyone nearby.  

Then imagine asking (risky in some parts of the country) "I'm looking for some Sheepshaggers, have you got any here?"

image.jpeg.ce4f22779f6646753d36f896fc1af631.jpeg

Crikey!  Very directly, if it's any good, I'll ask for it while I am sober, no bother.  It's opened my eyes this morning  :rubeyes:

👍

I think I am going to get some beer later, maybe some McEwans.  Not had some for a long while.

The Natural Order
11 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Dancing Duck Brewery do that a lot with their beer names. Always a good laugh at beer festivals.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Jambo-Jimbo

Been around 5 years since I tried this, and it's still fairly good, nice easy drinking beer.

image.jpeg.17ec966545134adb598494244f2c663c.jpeg

Then I had a Williams Klute West Coast IPA, again a nice easy drinking beer, nothing exceptional but still nice enough.

image.jpeg.5b0c96b7a44c468987125642d3a72dda.jpeg

Just ordered 4 draught pints of this from the local boozer for Friday night take away. 

First proper pints in months :lol: 

image.jpeg.9c3a426aecdfb87f2fbd3e9eee4e5f94.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
On 05/06/2020 at 20:18, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Fast becoming my go to beer, used to be McEwans Champion, but Old Jock is replacing that, much more flavour.

image.png.6728e6e6de4324966a52ffab75c5cc0b.png

Good choice.

Not for the faint hearted though.

21 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Just ordered 4 draught pints of this from the local boozer for Friday night take away. 

First proper pints in months :lol: 

image.jpeg.9c3a426aecdfb87f2fbd3e9eee4e5f94.jpeg

Never tried that one,but  Fyne Ales have some really good beers,especially Jarl.

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, Tott said:

Never tried that one,but  Fyne Ales have some really good beers,especially Jarl.

👍

I thought Maverick & Zombier were pretty good as well.

Jambo-Jimbo
45 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good choice.

Not for the faint hearted though.

Do you mean the strengh? 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Do you mean the strengh? 

Aye.

It's lovely but it's not a session beer.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye.

This is the same, beautiful pint but dangerous, 4 or 5 and get up and to the toilet and it looks like you've walked through a cheese wire afterabout 5 steps!

ImperialDragon.png

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye.

That would depend upon how much you can drink & handle I'd suppose.

Probably two or three would be my limit before having to move onto something lighter, otherwise I'd only make a right James Hunt of myself.  😂

Jambo-Jimbo

Can't remember the last time I had this, it is many years ago, probably the best part of up to 10 to 15 years ago

It's ok, but there are many better beers out there.

image.thumb.jpeg.18bee65483e992d937014661a0676e53.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo

Good Scottish beer this, I have a bottle of this every now and then.

Brewed by the Cairngorm Brewery in Aviemore, however the first time I tried Wildcat it was brewed by the Tomintoul Brewery, in 2000 the Aviemore Brewery & the Tomintoul Brewery merged to become the present day Cairngorm Brewery.

Wildcat, Stag & Nessie's Monster Mash are all original Tomintoul beers now in the Cairngorm Brewery stable.

image.jpeg.f1dfbeef108ad8b9ccf139c9116d5b84.jpeg

heartsfc_fan

Got some of this finally :yas:

In a word.

Wow!

42 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Got some of this finally :yas:

In a word.

Wow!

👍 glad you enjoyed it, quite sweet, just like a Vietnamese coffee, coffee with condensed milk

Bought a couple of these tonight but a bit to choclatey and sweet for me, had to mix my champion ale with second bottle lol

457310011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=cbe5f2235d447d44215c2398e190666e

7 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Bought a couple of these tonight but a bit to choclatey and sweet for me, had to mix my champion ale with second bottle lol

457310011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=cbe5f2235d447d44215c2398e190666e

I enjoy these, actually had one tonight, they occasionally brew another porter called Saint Petersburg which is nicer and less sweet

708D8071-F007-45DC-919B-4172CE3EDFBD.jpeg

10 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

I enjoy these, actually had one tonight, they occasionally brew another porter called Saint Petersburg which is nicer and less sweet

708D8071-F007-45DC-919B-4172CE3EDFBD.jpeg

Does Morrison's or Tesco sell this mate?

1 hour ago, Jambo314 said:

Does Morrison's or Tesco sell this mate?

No, at least I’ve never seen them in any shop/supermarket, I bought them direct from https://thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/ , but they aren’t part of their core range and don’t brew them often, and they don’t have any at the moment.

Jambo-Jimbo

Had the Brel Belgian Style IPA last night, I'd definitely have it again, but I really like Belgian beer and it didn't disappoint.

image.thumb.jpeg.b3fb0a9e739d5d0022ca9bc51cc484e2.jpeg

And a couple of bottles of this, not my favourite.

snapshotimagehandler_1703451737.jpeg?h=5

Edited by Dawnrazor