Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Much the same myself, jimbo, the only time I’ll have a lager these days is when I’m abroad and the choice is limited, although having said that I do try and seek out a pub that is serving some decent craft beer. Never got into the fruit or wheat beers. 

👍

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

This is a Left Handed Giant Imperial Stout with Pistachio and Honeycomb, brewed in collaboration with our friends from Uiltje Brewing Co

Just had this, a bit surprised about the almond/marzipan flavour, which to me was a tad disappointing as I don’t like marzipan,  they mention pistachio in the description, which, in my my mind doesn’t taste of almond.

Nice, not sure I would buy again.

D62B7E4A-3EC2-4EDA-A32C-C0F16ADB1DCB.jpeg

Edited by jimmyjambo

That says chocolate on the back ?🤮

Chocolate without sugar might taste like almonds/marzipan.   Albeit  @%12.5 alc vol I wouldn't notice 😵

Dagger Is Back

Henry Weston Vintage cider. £2 in Tesco for 500ml

8.2%

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Aldi have a selection of Williams Bros cans for 99p a pop just now. Not the famous ones like Caesar Augustus and Joker IPA, but a new range, seemingly themed around classic nightclubs of yore.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Aldi have a selection of Williams Bros cans for 99p a pop just now. Not the famous ones like Caesar Augustus and Joker IPA, but a new range, seemingly themed around classic nightclubs of yore.

Is that, Golden Torch, Hacienda & Studio 54, if so yeh I've had them, alright they were.

Have you tried Double Joker IPA, 8.3% so smooth it's deadly, goes down way too easily.

Can anyone recommend decent companies for beer delivery? I’ve used beer hawk a few times but looking for other alternatives. Mainly IPA’s and ales rather than lagers. 

Jambo-Jimbo
34 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Can anyone recommend decent companies for beer delivery? I’ve used beer hawk a few times but looking for other alternatives. Mainly IPA’s and ales rather than lagers. 

Beerwulf & Beers of Europe are the ones which I use.

35 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Seriously, with a post like that on a football forum............how the **** are you still single??!!

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Beerwulf & Beers of Europe are the ones which I use.

Cheers. Used Beerwulf but not the other. Will check it out.

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Seriously, with a post like that on a football forum............how the **** are you still single??!!

😂

heartsfc_fan
56 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Beer52 aren't too bad. Monthly subscription.

Beer Hawk.

Brewdog also - used them during lockdown and orders come in around 5 days.

Stewart's Brewing - based in Loanhead. Will be using them next week to order in some.

jambos are go!

The prospect of a perfect pint of Tennents Lager is keeping me going. The yellow nectar outsells all other lagers in Scotland put together IIRC. With good reason. 

Jambo-Jimbo
17 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I've just ordered a 12 bottle case directly from Broughton Brewery for £30 inc P&P, which works out at £2.50 a bottle, which I think is ok for 500ml bottles.

I ordered the '79 Selection as the only two in the photo I've had are 'Old Jock' & 6.2 IPA the rest are new beers to me.

Stuart Lyon
4 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

The prospect of a perfect pint of Tennents Lager is keeping me going. The yellow nectar outsells all other lagers in Scotland put together IIRC. With good reason. 

Don't worry the brewery is still in full production with the focus on bottles and cans instead of kegs. Workers considered essential in the current situation.

19 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Thornbridge brewery are doing free nationwide deliveries for any order over £20. Mine arrived the next day. They do some cracking beers. 

Just as an aside. Try to order direct from the brewer, if you can. Especially if its a local brewer. Money goes straight into their pocket rather than Tesco or middle man. 

The beer will be fresher as well. Most are working seven days a week to try and keep up with a different demand and reduced staff. 

jambos are go!
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Don't worry the brewery is still in full production with the focus on bottles and cans instead of kegs. Workers considered essential in the current situation.

Sorry have up drinking any beer out of cans decades ago.

scott herbertson
20 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Beers from Europe hven't let me down

Innis and Gunn order turned up today - ordered on 18 March and sent two chasers....

1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

Sorry have up drinking any beer out of cans decades ago.

Beer keeps better in a can than it does in a bottle. 

I used beer52 for a trial, used code br52 to get 8beers for free and a snack for £4.95 last week. Code might still be valid if anyone is interested. 

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that does not affect tennents 

It does for the export market but yeah I know. 

I have done well not to comment on the taste 😅😅😅

10 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I used beer52 for a trial, used code br52 to get 8beers for free and a snack for £4.95 last week. Code might still be valid if anyone is interested. 

Cancel it once you have used the trial. 

Jambo-Jimbo
56 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Disgusting company, 0 and I mean zero customer service, the google reviews are not wrong, trust me, the reviews are not wrong.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Disgusting company, 0 and I mean zero customer service, the google reviews are not wrong, trust me, the reviews are not wrong.

I’ve already cancelled my trial but thanks for the heads up 👍

Jambo-Jimbo

Just had chippie fish & chips utterly stunning, washed down by a bottle of Wee Jock 80/-, bliss.

image.jpeg.719dc892f6a2d1f8c72db752a5fa2242.jpeg

Uncle Buck

I was in Malta a couple of years ago and I think I drank the place dry with this. Never been able to find it in the UK yet, though.

023F8CEF-9C11-4406-8001-A81B941307BE.jpeg

Edited by Uncle Buck

Jambo-Jimbo
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was in Malta a couple of years ago and I think I drank the place dry with this. Never been able to find it in the UK yet, though.

023F8CEF-9C11-4406-8001-A81B941307BE.jpeg

Beers of Europe have the Export Lager from time to time, the one above is the basic Cisk Lager.

I was in Malta in June last year and was pleasantly surprised that the company that make Cisk also had a big range of other beers.

Cisk Lager, Cisk Excel, Cisk Pilsner, Cisk Strong, Farsons IPA, Farsons Double Red, Farsons Hopleaf, Farsons Blue Label, Farsons Gold Label, Farsons Milk Stout.

Also got some from Gozo, Lord Chambray Brewery - Blue Lagoon, Golden Bay, San Blas, Special Bitter.

Needless to say I had them all, some on draught as well as bottles/cans.

jimmyjambo

3e4c668f50791847f7a6837ebd4819a4_raw.jpg

drinking this at the moment, it’s like a Christmas pudding in a glass, wow, what a beer, l

Edited by jimmyjambo

Seaside jambo

I’ve took a previous posters advice and am drinking innis&gunn blood red sky 

Absolutely a great beer well done sir 👍

is it just me or has the standard of cans of export went down hill ? 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, jimmyjambo said:

drinking this at the moment, it’s like a Christmas pudding in a glass, wow, what a beer, l

11%, I hope you are keeping within the governments alcohol unit recommendations  :laugh: 

Dawnrazor
1 hour ago, jimmyjambo said:

Whare do you get that?

jimmyjambo
59 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

11%, I hope you are keeping within the governments alcohol unit recommendations  :laugh: 

😂

19 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Whare do you get that?

Direct from the brewery, Cloudwater, i don’t think they sell them at the moment, may have sold out, absolutely fantastic beer👍

Dawnrazor
9 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

😂

Direct from the brewery, Cloudwater, i don’t think they sell them at the moment, may have sold out, absolutely fantastic beer👍

I'll keep my eye out for that👍

On 28/04/2020 at 18:47, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I mind I was looking for something new last year work wise around November time  .  A boy I worked with at Sky recently moved to the company and recommended me . I couldn’t make it in for a interview so the guy called and done a telephone interview with me said it’s all fine you have the job can you start tomorrow . I was like sorry I need to work 4 weeks notice and am away to New York in a couple weeks too 4 weeks notice would of taking me right up to the first week in jan . That will be fine leave it with me and I will call you back . 

Two days later I get an email from the same boy who offered me the job If you can’t start this coming Monday then unfortunately we can’t offer you the job . I replied I can’t he then phones me and goes off on one saying along the lines of that **** we never employed you if your not willing to take the risk and just quit your current job you don’t have balls we need personality in this business 😂

I refused to just up sticks and leave my company I work for and had a 30 min interview then offered the job . Not seen the office the people or the set up and I was expected to just join . 

✊🏼

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I mind I was looking for something new last year work wise around November time  .  A boy I worked with at Sky recently moved to the company and recommended me . I couldn’t make it in for a interview so the guy called and done a telephone interview with me said it’s all fine you have the job can you start tomorrow . I was like sorry I need to work 4 weeks notice and am away to New York in a couple weeks too 4 weeks notice would of taking me right up to the first week in jan . That will be fine leave it with me and I will call you back . 

Two days later I get an email from the same boy who offered me the job If you can’t start this coming Monday then unfortunately we can’t offer you the job . I replied I can’t he then phones me and goes off on one saying along the lines of that **** we never employed you if your not willing to take the risk and just quit your current job you don’t have balls we need personality in this business 😂

I refused to just up sticks and leave my company I work for and had a 30 min interview then offered the job . Not seen the office the people or the set up and I was expected to just join . 

✊🏼

Sounds like a real prick to work for, looks like you had a lucky escape there.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sounds like a real prick to work for, looks like you had a lucky escape there.

I think if I went I would of been out a job in jan . Would of been to come in over a busy period for Christmas then get rid in Jan . 

crunchy frog

Bought a couple of these from Top Cellar in Gorgie Road last night. 3.6%, dont waste your time lads

They also do a Mango Mongozo 😐

20200503_090319_resized.jpg

Governor Tarkin

Started off with a wee 4 pack Peroni last night. Incredibly refreshing. Moved on to a brace of Caesar Augustas, and finished off with 3 bottles of McEwan's Champion.

I keep my beer fridge at just under 2°. 

Absolutely LOVE cold beer.

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Started off with a wee 4 pack Peroni last night. Incredibly refreshing. Moved on to a brace of Caesar Augustas, and finished off with 3 bottles of McEwan's Champion.

I keep my beer fridge at just under 2°. 

Absolutely LOVE cold beer.

You're clearly a man of taste. 

Jambo-Jimbo

Tonight's beer is Saint-Monon Brune, 7.5% Belgian beer.

image.jpeg.d7406985ac6962284b40d776a5e89b93.jpeg

Not much flavour tbh.

Think I'll have a Leffe Blonde to wash this down.

Currently having a tiny rebel “cwtch” from my Beer52 starter pack. Very nice indeed. Not sure if I’ll be continuing the 30 a month thing long term but the beers are good to be fair.