Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

heartsfc_fan
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Grand Imperial Porter (8%) - Browar Amber, Bielkowko, Poland

Wow wow wow wow, absolutely stunning Baltic Porter, it's not like a modern UK porter, this has a taste of intense fruit, raisins, more akin to a Belgian Abbey or strong old time British ale, bags of flavour, I'll be absolutely getting this again, yum yum yum.

image.thumb.jpeg.5a1250a305a08cbd59538a0cccb4a184.jpeg

Sounds nice! Where can I buy this?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

Jambo-Jimbo
7 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sounds nice! Where can I buy this?

I got mine from Beers of Europe, cost £3.69 but it's out of stock just now (checked last night).

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, westbow said:

image.jpeg.e97305c88ac8ab4fb9e2a01b8dce6678.jpeg
Got the first two, didn’t fancy artic berry ale.

image.jpeg

Haven't had the Berry Ale, but the White Ale & Pale Ale are very nice indeed, as is their Doppelbock (6.7%) but their Toasted Porter (6%) is simply divine, stunning beer is the porter.  

Usually not that easy to get a hold off and were quite expensive IIRC, I had these back in 2013 and have only seen them a couple of times since.

https://www.beergonzo.co.uk/buy/beer/3-fonteinen-oude-kriek-vat-barrel-2019-p6012?r=%2fbuy%2fbeer%2fbrasserie-cantillon-brouwerij-saint-lamvinus-p970

Has anyone ever tired this stuff ?

I'm not sure if it's the beer that I'm attracted to or this comment  - 

The taproom remains closed until further notice, but growler fills are available.😁

heartgarfunkel

Tanned a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout in the hoose back in May for my 50th.  Was really pished already but do recall getting emotional at how good it was - 15% abv and 20 mid a bottle 😬

heartsfc_fan

An easy evening for me as up with my two young kids in the morning (letting the good lady have a lie in):

images.jpg

Like a cold Bud, now and again. Used to drink Heavy(Tartan or 80bob) before I turned to Cider 30 odd years ago. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Like a cold Bud, now and again. Used to drink Heavy(Tartan or 80bob) before I turned to Cider 30 odd years ago. 

I've got into Bud recently after years of avoiding it. Ice cold from a bottle. Not so keen on it in a can or glass for some reason. 

Bulk bought these over the last few weeks. Ferry Road Morrisons been knocking out single bottles for £1.13. Better get there before me and Prince Charles, though (his fave, apparently). 

485941406_spitfireambercluster.jpg.18f7461713317cc1857fa1371844915c.jpg

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, martoon said:

I've got into Bud recently after years of avoiding it. Ice cold from a bottle. Not so keen on it in a can or glass for some reason. 

:spoton:

Has to be a bottle. 👍

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:

Has to be a bottle. 👍

I have, on occasion, tipped the contents of a can (often more economical) into a freshly emptied bottle. Weird, but there you have it. 😀

Dagger Is Back

Don't want to start another thread but does anyone have any idea what is happening with supplies of Belhaven Best in supermarkets? Seem to miss out every time there's a delivery

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Don't want to start another thread but does anyone have any idea what is happening with supplies of Belhaven Best in supermarkets? Seem to miss out every time there's a delivery

They stopped brewing totally I think (covid), back up and running now I believe, so I'd guess it'll take a month or so until supplies are enough.

Dagger Is Back
45 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They stopped brewing totally I think (covid), back up and running now I believe, so I'd guess it'll take a month or so until supplies are enough.

Ah thanks JJ. Looking forward to normal service resuming

Surely they were key workers no? Even the Wholsalers has nowt!

Jambo-Jimbo

Lakeland Gold (4.4%) - Hawkshead Brewery, Staveley, Cumbria

A nice hoppy Golden Ale, served cold, quite nice.

Could see me sitting in a beer garden on a lovely summers day drinking a few pints of this.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd74a3cfc0b8d9580f0a4d022685d7b3.jpeg

Dagger Is Back
On 03/07/2020 at 23:44, heartsfc_fan said:

Needless to say I can't drink lager all night so finally got out the proper stuff. Many in this thread including myself have mentioned this stuff but I will again...

Old Jock 6.7% (Broughton Brewery)

images(2).jpg

I'm on my first bottle of the night and all I can say is THANK YOU!

Really nice beer

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm on my first bottle of the night and all I can say is THANK YOU!

Really nice beer

👍👍

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Lakeland Gold (4.4%) - Hawkshead Brewery, Staveley, Cumbria

A nice hoppy Golden Ale, served cold, quite nice.

Could see me sitting in a beer garden on a lovely summers day drinking a few pints of this.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd74a3cfc0b8d9580f0a4d022685d7b3.jpeg

Enjoyed a few different hawkshead beers down in Kendal last year.

Visited the brewery as well,nice day out

Think they had a bit of a fall out with local  community lately though as they paid off a lot of there original staff after a takeover.

There social media was quite entertaining for a while 🙂

Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, Tott said:

Enjoyed a few different hawkshead beers down in Kendal last year.

Visited the brewery as well,nice day out

Think they had a bit of a fall out with local  community lately though as they paid off a lot of there original staff after a takeover.

There social media was quite entertaining for a while 🙂

Lakeland Gold is the only one I've had from this brewery, thus far anyway, the Lakes isn't really an area I've been to much, but that might well change now.

Stuart Lyon
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Lakeland Gold is the only one I've had from this brewery, thus far anyway, the Lakes isn't really an area I've been to much, but that might well change now.

If you go to the Lakes go to Cockermouth and do the Jennings brewery tour. Very enjoyable and they have a shop attached so you can buy some Jennings brews as well as McEwan's Champion and Headspace.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

If you go to the Lakes go to Cockermouth and do the Jennings brewery tour. Very enjoyable and they have a shop attached so you can buy some Jennings brews as well as McEwan's Champion and Headspace.

The closest I've got to the lakes in the last few years is Tebay Services.  :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The closest I've got to the lakes in the last few years is Tebay Services.  :laugh:

To be fair, that's a bloody posh services!!

They have one near Gloucester too, the only place to stop👍

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Got a couple of beers at the Farm Shop (Cumbrian Ales - Langdale & Loweswater Gold) when we stopped there on Sunday on our way back up from a day trip to Southport.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Got a couple of beers at the Farm Shop (Cumbrian Ales - Langdale & Loweswater Gold) when we stopped there on Sunday on our way back up from a day trip to Southport.

Next time your on the M6 and have time, come off at J36, come into Kirkby Lonsdale and go to Booths, it's about 15ish minutes, they've got some fantastic locally brewed beers, the village is worth a walk around ant the Kirkby Lonsdale brewery it's well worth a visit, I'd recomend thier Monumental and Imperial Dragon.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yep, it's posh as these things go and with prices to match, but when we dropped into there last year we got quite a lot of pretty good bargains: venison mince, Swaledale hogget, Cumberland sausages, and local cheeses, all either reduced for a quick sale or at a decent price anyway. Good place.

We like to keep up the tradition of cross-border raids and rampages, but make do with cheaper alcohol rather than cattle these days...  (And also of course the tradition of being tight-fisted and stingy!   :thumbsup:)

Jambo-Jimbo

Next time your on the M6 and have time, come off at J36, come into Kirkby Lonsdale and go to Booths, it's about 15ish minutes, they've got some fantastic locally brewed beers, the village is worth a walk around ant the Kirkby Lonsdale brewery it's well worth a visit, I'd recomend thier Monumental and Imperial Dragon.

👍

Cairneyhill Jambo

Don't normally stick to one beer but i'm really enjoying Innis & Gunn lager beer just now.  Got to be ice cold though.

Half an hour in the freezer normally does the trick.

Not Your Buddy, Guy by Stewart's is blowing my mind right now - however, Brewdog are doing 48 cans of Punk for 45 quid at the moment! Decent enough, especially at less than a quid a can.

37 minutes ago, Frank said:

Not Your Buddy, Guy by Stewart's is blowing my mind right now - however, Brewdog are doing 48 cans of Punk for 45 quid at the moment! Decent enough, especially at less than a quid a can.

Not your buddy, guy, was a lovely stout, Aldi had them at the start of the year, I think they were only £1.80 or there about, unfortunately they don’t have them anymore.

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Not your buddy, guy, was a lovely stout, Aldi had them at the start of the year, I think they were only £1.80 or there about, unfortunately they don’t have them anymore.

Was that the Maple Syrup Stout, cause I had that back in February, and yes it was pretty good.

Managed to get that Brewdog/Evil Twin Vietnamese Coffee stout from Tesco, also got the Black Sheep Milk Stout as well and Big Milk Stout from the London Beer Factory.  Not tried any of them yet, I'll post them when I do.

Drinking this right now, nothing to write home about tbh, so I feel that it calls for a special stout later, to make up for the disappointment.

image.thumb.jpeg.3c591e297028f45cb1b47c3066bf4944.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was that the Maple Syrup Stout, cause I had that back in February, and yes it was pretty good.

Managed to get that Brewdog/Evil Twin Vietnamese Coffee stout from Tesco, also got the Black Sheep Milk Stout as well and Big Milk Stout from the London Beer Factory.  Not tried any of them yet, I'll post them when I do.

Drinking this right now, nothing to write home about tbh, so I feel that it calls for a special stout later, to make up for the disappointment.

image.thumb.jpeg.3c591e297028f45cb1b47c3066bf4944.jpeg

Yes it is a maple stout.

I’ve not had the black sheep milk stout before, never even seen it before, will look out for it.

ive had the big milk stout, which was pretty nice.

Hope you enjoy the Vietnamese coffee stout 👍

image.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo

Lion Stout (8.8%) - Ceylon Breweries, Biyagama, Sri Lanka

I've had this a few times now, and it's as good as ever, strong coffee/chocolate flavours, really good stout, I like this one.

image.jpeg.a50ff340c29d86011ddef119ee9ace8b.jpeg

Hi. I'm from Germany, so write my first post in this topic here obviously 😅

My english is not very good, but I do my best. 

Favourite Beer? 

The "Premium Pils" from Stauder. 

20200718_003504.png

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Tried this last night - nice taste - refreshing,

Little Creatues.jpeg

As Aussie beers go, this is probably one of the better ones.

Stuart Lyon
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As Aussie beers go, this is probably one of the better ones.

Agreed. Many years ago in Perth WA I got fed up with drinking lager so asked if there were any dark beers. The only one they suggested was Kalgoorlie Stout - it was terrible! Strange thing is the guy I was visiting moved to Kalgoorlie for work not long after that.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Agreed. Many years ago in Perth WA I got fed up with drinking lager so asked if there were any dark beers. The only one they suggested was Kalgoorlie Stout - it was terrible! Strange thing is the guy I was visiting moved to Kalgoorlie for work not long after that.

Yeh, I don't think Australia is renowned for it's beer, however in saying that there has to be lots of craft breweries nowadays, but not seen many if any selling here in the UK.

heartsfc_fan

8% coconut and chocolate stout. Dutch.

Absolutely lovely.

Got it ony beer52 subscription so not sure how easy it's to buy in supermarkets.

index.jpg

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

images.jpg

Class in a glass.

the red death / grenade still hits the spot

Auld Reekin'
On 17/07/2020 at 23:44, Amgra said:

Hi. I'm from Germany, so write my first post in this topic here obviously 😅

My english is not very good, but I do my best. 

Favourite Beer? 

The "Premium Pils" from Stauder. 

20200718_003504.png

Hi Amgra - welcome to the forum. It's usually quite safe on here if you post about beer, but maybe someone will want to have an argument with you anyway!    :thumbsup:   🍻

I really like (most) German beers, but haven't tried that one - it's from Essen, right? Pils isn't my favourite style of German beer, but this one is the one I've enjoyed most:

Tannenz%C3%A4pfle_bottle_TZ_USA-687x1030

And this one least:

flensburger_pilsener_sortiment.jpg

Hefeweiss and Kellerbier are the German beer styles I enjoy most. You're lucky there, having a lot of fantastic beer easily available and very cheap - compared to here - if you buy from the supermarket rather than the pub.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Jambo-Jimbo

A bit better but there's better Ales to be had, not bad but not great.

snapshotimagehandler_1093357553.jpeg?h=5

Different people, different tastes, I like both Fursty Ferret & the Cranborne Poacher.  :laugh:

Jambo-Jimbo

Not to keen on this though, not exactly what I'd call a stout way too thin, If you know what I mean.

Leroy Stout (5%) - Leroy Breweries, Boezinge, Belgium

image.jpeg.5ab204f427f6a66151c5db8af7aa9381.jpeg

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not to keen on this though, not exactly what I'd call a stout way too thin, If you know what I mean.

Leroy Stout (5%) - Leroy Breweries, Boezinge, Belgium

image.jpeg.5ab204f427f6a66151c5db8af7aa9381.jpeg

Perfect town for a brewery though!   :yas:   :booze::davebp: