Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Trooper was fine, not tried the red & black porter, yet.

I've been trying quite a few of the beers from the 8 Sail Brewery from Lincolnshire over the last few months, all are bottle conditioned, one or two quite lively though.

Was really surprised by a Spanish beer I tried last week, it was this one.

image.png.d046d7bdbb84df42d81d37742ec41335.png

At last a decent Spanish beer, wonderfully hoppy, very very nice.

I've got a bottle of their Pale Ale as well.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Trooper was fine, not tried the red & black porter, yet.

I've been trying quite a few of the beers from the 8 Sail Brewery from Lincolnshire over the last few months, all are bottle conditioned, one or two quite lively though.

Was really surprised by a Spanish beer I tried last week, it was this one.

image.png.d046d7bdbb84df42d81d37742ec41335.png

At last a decent Spanish beer, wonderfully hoppy, very very nice.

I've got a bottle of their Pale Ale as well.

If you are trying Spanish beers. Give this cracker a go from Garage Project in Barcelona

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_garage_soup.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

A few beers I picked up today from Beer Zoo in Portobello today, tried a few of them before but got a few that I havent tried yet, looking forward to them :greggy:

28EEE314-76E0-4D81-8082-CB2BAAF9CEF3.jpeg

8A7647FE-9164-4642-B249-7EA6725879C3.jpeg

C3DD6211-AC6E-4BF2-8C13-FFB0D662090C.jpeg

177EE192-AEFB-4722-9BBE-5A3DC7861C2D.jpeg

42 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

A few beers I picked up today from Beer Zoo in Portobello today, tried a few of them before but got a few that I havent tried yet, looking forward to them :greggy:

Big Raspberry Dog Chew is superb. What are the two Northern Monks? Picture is a little bit blurred.

Shame on you for buying Beavertown though?

9 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As am I, especially Radical road, very nice indeed.

Have you tried Stewart's Zymic or Lost Cause or their Scotch Ale when they were available?  All excellent imo.

Not sure what you mean by poncy beers though.

Their Scotch Ale is superb. Properly brilliant imo.

Ka Pai and, moreso, Skeleton Blues are excellent too. Though i prefered Hefe to Skeleton as a wheat beer but the eejits stopped making it!

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

These porters look very appealing.

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Big Raspberry Dog Chew is superb. What are the two Northern Monks? Picture is a little bit blurred.

Shame on you for buying Beavertown though?

Yes Big Raspberry Dog Chew is one ive tried and is a cracking beer.

1 is a ice cream pale ale and the other is a Russian imperial stout, neither have I tried before so looking forward to both.

Admittedly a wee bit disappointing Heineken getting involved, Beavertown make some fantastic beers tho, not sure what kind of impact this will have on them, didn’t realise it was Robert Plants son who founded Beavertown.

37 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

These porters look very appealing.

There are some crackers  there that I’ve tried before, love a porter type beer or a stout

54 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Yes Big Raspberry Dog Chew is one ive tried and is a cracking beer.

1 is a ice cream pale ale and the other is a Russian imperial stout, neither have I tried before so looking forward to both.

Admittedly a wee bit disappointing Heineken getting involved, Beavertown make some fantastic beers tho, not sure what kind of impact this will have on them, didn’t realise it was Robert Plants son who founded Beavertown.

There are some crackers  there that I’ve tried before, love a porter type beer or a stout

Yeah. You think his old man might have invested the £40m.

6 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Had a good few of those. Some crackers in there. The Mexicake, staypuft and raspberry chew chew are particularly tasty. 

Let me know what you think of the strannik. I’ve had two different ones and thought both were awful. Kind of had an artificial banana taste to them. 

7 hours ago, reidyq said:

Had a good few of those. Some crackers in there. The Mexicake, staypuft and raspberry chew chew are particularly tasty. 

Let me know what you think of the strannik. I’ve had two different ones and thought both were awful. Kind of had an artificial banana taste to them. 

Those 3 you mentioned are lovely, the Imperial Stay Puft is even nicer if you can get it,  never tried these Strannik ones before so once I have ill let you know.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, jimmyjambo said:

Those 3 you mentioned are lovely, the Imperial Stay Puft is even nicer if you can get it,  never tried these Strannik ones before so once I have ill let you know.

Mexicake yum yum yum, had it on cask at the Tempest Beer Fest back in 2017, really dangerous stuff though, goes down so easily, way too easily.

On 28/06/2018 at 08:46, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Mexicake yum yum yum, had it on cask at the Tempest Beer Fest back in 2017, really dangerous stuff though, goes down so easily, way too easily.

Not had it on draught, cracking beer from the bottle, and as you say goes down very easy.

Just opened this, superb, full of flavour 

51A425E3-00FC-4F73-BC5C-5277C277E54D.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo
20 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Not had it on draught, cracking beer from the bottle, and as you say goes down very easy.

Never seen that brew before.

9.9%, I'll raise you as I've just opened a bottle of this, at 11.5% :mj_zivili:

image.thumb.png.32984b0e9e6181fda457d0c1cc7ece10.png

Says on the label (not the one in the photo) that it won the Gold Medal at the World Beer Awards as best European Dark beer.

I can taste why, very nice indeed.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Never seen that brew before.

9.9%, I'll raise you as I've just opened a bottle of this, at 11.5% :mj_zivili:

image.thumb.png.32984b0e9e6181fda457d0c1cc7ece10.png

Says on the label (not the one in the photo) that it won the Gold Medal at the World Beer Awards as best European Dark beer.

I can taste why, very nice indeed.

A lovely beer, one which I will definitely buy again.

Never heard of Malheur beer before, just had a quick google, will look out for it in future :thumbsup:

Jambo-Jimbo
32 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

A lovely beer, one which I will definitely buy again.

Never heard of Malheur beer before, just had a quick google, will look out for it in future :thumbsup:

As are the most of the beers I buy, that's why I buy them.

Have to say this Malheur is one of those beers that you want to drink but then again you don't as you'll finish it and it'll be gone, if you know what I mean. 

48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As are the most of the beers I buy, that's why I buy them.

Have to say this Malheur is one of those beers that you want to drink but then again you don't as you'll finish it and it'll be gone, if you know what I mean. 

:D sounds like a beer I fancy, going have to try it

7 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Bbno are excellent. Had a pale ale n maybe a gose of theirs on draft couple of years back n loved them

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Bbno are excellent. Had a pale ale n maybe a gose of theirs on draft couple of years back n loved them

Ive had a few of their beers, not on draft tho, mainly stouts and porter type, and they were all excellent, the 0802 one was superb.

Couple of beers from tonight 

The  Beavertown was excellent, bit of heat from the chilli, lovely.

Didnt like the Fierce PBJ Riot, I was expecting a peanut butter flavoured stout but was like a sweet and sour raspberry jam flavoured beer, not for me.

EC85180F-5D26-4C22-94C5-15CF0CFC0A9A.jpeg

14FC3C1F-FC26-4E4E-9814-C86A660F0992.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, jimmyjambo said:

Couple of beers from tonight 

The  Beavertown was excellent, bit of heat from the chilli, lovely.

Didnt like the Fierce PBJ Riot, I was expecting a peanut butter flavoured stout but was like a sweet and sour raspberry jam flavoured beer, not for me.

EC85180F-5D26-4C22-94C5-15CF0CFC0A9A.jpeg

14FC3C1F-FC26-4E4E-9814-C86A660F0992.jpeg

Noticed the Beavertown fire & fury is a collaboration with the Dutch brewery De Molen.

Only had the one from them which was called Vuur & Vlam which was an IPA and according to my notes was pretty good.

I notice you also have two of their other beers, an Imperial Stout & a Porter (3rd photo from the 4 you posted above), so they might be ok.

Having a German IPA myself, not the best tbh.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Noticed the Beavertown fire & fury is a collaboration with the Dutch brewery De Molen.

Only had the one from them which was called Vuur & Vlam which was an IPA and according to my notes was pretty good.

I notice you also have two of their other beers, an Imperial Stout & a Porter (3rd photo from the 4 you posted above), so they might be ok.

Having a German IPA myself, not the best tbh.

The Beavertown was superb, never seen the Vuue & Vlam one, ill have to look out for them.

Not tried the other De Molen you mentioned yet.

Really disappointing when your looking forward to a beer and it’s not what you expect, which is happened  with my Fierce PBJ Riot tonight .

heartsfc_fan

Enjoying this. Norwegian IPA. 6.5% and lovely.

Interestingly enough it's got a ring pull top like a can of beans, so you basically pull the top off of the can. Never seen that before.

IMG_20180707_200950.jpg

37 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Sweltering yesterday and rescued by a magnificent pint of Tennents Lager.

349.gif

Phil Dunphy
44 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Quite fond of a cold pint of Tennents too. Not a fancy lager but an easy pint to drink.

Not fond of craft beer at all.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

:facepalm:

rudi must stay

100% Corona. Lovely drink :thumbsup:

I'm saying 100% as in its 100% my favourite beer. Not that that's it's alcoholic volume. K

Edited by rudi must stay

Doctor FinnBarr
15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Got this online. Beer Hawk online shop.

Lovely beer.

IMG_20180713_235204.jpg

7%? And I thought IPA's were meant to be "session" beers.

On 7/7/2018 at 20:15, heartsfc_fan said:

Enjoying this. Norwegian IPA. 6.5% and lovely.

Interestingly enough it's got a ring pull top like a can of beans, so you basically pull the top off of the can. Never seen that before.

IMG_20180707_200950.jpg

a lot of the small can craft beers now come with that type of ring pull

11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No idea what this beer (brewed in San Diego) is like but I love the bottle!

th.jpeg

Just checked their website. They do some very interesting beers by the looks of it. Do you know which one you have pictured?

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

This was my choice of beverages earlier this week.

WP_20180710_15_14_01_Pro.jpg

Was this one of the Mikkeller bars? 

If so, where was it?

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If so, where was it?

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If so, where was it?

It certainly is. Berlin. Its not far from the Brewdog. Two stops up from Alexanderplatz.

Other bars I visited / stumbled into were-

Muted Horn- 20 taps and an amazing bottle list.

Stone Berlin-75 taps and the actual tap room is fantastic.

Hopfenreich- Great little dive bar in a very "bohemian" part of town.20 taps and some cracking bottles from Boon.

The kebabs were outstanding as well ?

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

7%? And I thought IPA's were meant to be "session" beers.

True.

When I was in New York another IPA I had was the same strength.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

It certainly is. Berlin. Its not far from the Brewdog. Two stops up from Alexanderplatz.

Other bars I visited / stumbled into were-

Muted Horn- 20 taps and an amazing bottle list.

Stone Berlin-75 taps and the actual tap room is fantastic.

Hopfenreich- Great little dive bar in a very "bohemian" part of town.20 taps and some cracking bottles from Boon.

The kebabs were outstanding as well ?

I'm assuming that Stone Berlin is the Stone Brewery in Berlin, makers of Stone IPA (6.9%), had a can of that last year.

When in Berlin did you see any beer from the Brio Brewery, had a couple of bottles of their beers a few weeks ago (German IPA 7% & Pale Ale 6%)

Beer lists look interesting, wife has always wanted to go to Berlin, me less so, might change my mind now.  :laugh:

Going to Budapest next week-end and they seemingly have an emerging craft beer scene, indeed there is even a craft beer river cruise on the Danube, might well check that out.

Have to admit I've only ever had 3 different Hungarian beers, I'm very hopeful that will change next week, indeed I'll be gutted if it doesn't.

Seymour M Hersh
19 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Just checked their website. They do some very interesting beers by the looks of it. Do you know which one you have pictured?

I don't no. Looked at their website too after seeing this bottle in San Diego Magazine report. Cool bottle though! also noticed the majority of US (well SD) craft beers appear to come in cans which slightly spoils the look for me.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Favourite if out for a pint in Edinburgh is 80/. (Stewart or Mcewans preferably).. Since rebranding Caley 80/. To "Castle rock" (I think) I find its a bit weaker tasting than it used to be. 

Fond of a deuchars IPA aswell.. 

Failing those two then a stronger lager,.. Heineken, Stella, estrella, moretti... 

On a Blackpool session it's usually fosters.. 

In the house up to recently fosters but I'm finding it really pissy these days so have gone for a bit more bite and taste in Heineken, warsteiner and the occasional hop House 13..

I really just like beer.. ? ? ? 

Edited by muldoon74

My favorite beer this week is SuperBock. 

The fire engines have been passing the hotel for

4hours. 

Ive just seen a helicopter with a massive bucket of 

water sloshing underneath..

The Macdonald Pittodrie is a punishment posting within the group. 

Back on Wednesday. FTH. 

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:43, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm assuming that Stone Berlin is the Stone Brewery in Berlin, makers of Stone IPA (6.9%), had a can of that last year.

When in Berlin did you see any beer from the Brio Brewery, had a couple of bottles of their beers a few weeks ago (German IPA 7% & Pale Ale 6%)

Beer lists look interesting, wife has always wanted to go to Berlin, me less so, might change my mind now.  :laugh:

Going to Budapest next week-end and they seemingly have an emerging craft beer scene, indeed there is even a craft beer river cruise on the Danube, might well check that out.

Have to admit I've only ever had 3 different Hungarian beers, I'm very hopeful that will change next week, indeed I'll be gutted if it doesn't.

Apologies for not replying. Yes it is Stone Brewery. San Diego brewery and this is their base in Europe.

We were there for about 4 hours last Monday and tried 31 different beers and had some really good food and the bill came to £60 ish between 3 of us.

It's on the edge of town so a couple of u bhans and an s bhan to get there but its worth it.

We are looking at going to Budapest Beer Week next year.

On 30/06/2018 at 23:47, jimmyjambo said:

Really disappointing when your looking forward to a beer and it’s not what you expect, which is happened  with my Fierce PBJ Riot tonight .

I was the same with the PBJ Riot, really looked forward to it as usually like PB flavoured stouts/porters, but this one was overpowered by the the sour raspberry taste, and not pleasant at all. Struggled to finish it, which is unusual for me!

jambogaz1968
23 minutes ago, the general said:

Shandwicks has pints of Carling or Coors for £1.50

:mellow:

Pity it's shut with a plumbing problem 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, jambogaz1968 said:

Pity it's shut with a plumbing problem 

Probably the Carling rotting the pipes, just imagine what it does to your guts. :laugh: