• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I'm just impressed that you drank a bottle of beer that is a quarter of a century old :lol:

It was supposed to improve with age, guess someone forgot to tell the beer that though. :laugh:

Got an older bottle of beer.

Eldridge Pope - Thomas Hardy's Ale Vintage 1994.

It's bottle conditioned and says that it improves for at least 25 years, which is, around about now, although I have no desire to open it, as it was a collectors item back in 1994, and even more so now.

Just had a bottle of this Belgian Beer.

image.thumb.png.e73fba495e1cf18620499dec222ec14e.png

Stunning, simply stunning and at 10% its got a bit of a kick to it as well.

Pity I only bought one bottle of it, I would definitely buy more of this.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just had a bottle of this Belgian Beer.

image.thumb.png.e73fba495e1cf18620499dec222ec14e.png

Stunning, simply stunning and at 10% its got a bit of a kick to it as well.

Pity I only bought one bottle of it, I would definitely buy more of this.

Looks nice jimbo, where did you buy that?

just drinking this, quite nice

7D357537-4A38-4570-B7EB-6A56E6AEF4C9.jpeg

Edited by jimmyjambo

4 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Cheers  jimbo, will have to give ot a try .

I've now ordered 3 times from them, no issues whatsoever, my Brother-in-law has ordered from then as well, no probs either.

Doctor FinnBarr
28 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Nothing wrong with cider, IMO.

:toasting:

Only asked cos the funny buggers at CAMRA don't seem to like cider, anyhow I'm blasting into Westons Old Rosie tonight

6 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

Only asked cos the funny buggers at CAMRA don't seem to like cider, anyhow I'm blasting into Westons Old Rosie tonight

Morrisons were selling that in a 10 litre box with a wee tap, unfiltered cloudy cider 7.3% for the incredible price of £8. it was rude not to pick up a couple of boxes and it is very drinkable.

13 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

How's the head today?  :booze:

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

How's the head today?  :booze:

Fine mate, had the wife at Tynie for her "Plot do", I've been treated to a few bottles of Erdinger for my troubles.

My daughters boyfriend persuaded me to try a few crafty beers out in Canada and me and Mrs JH have got quite into it since coming home. Like a lighter beer and blonde but had a really nice flat white porter from M & S last night. Selling em for £1 at Ocean Terminal. 

Never too late to learn I suppose. So many beers so little time

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Not a craft beer but was very happy to discover my local shop is selling Brooklyn Lager for only £1 a bottle reduced. One of the few lagers I enjoy. 

Where’s local?

Love a drop of BL. Got it on draft in Edinburgh but it’s £5.70 a pint!!

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

IPA-glsss-bottle-for-IPA-Page-812x1024.p

51st-State-For-51st-page.png

Not seen the 51st State IPA before.

Had the O'Hara's Pale Ale on Cask when I was in Dublin 3 years ago, very nice indeed, also had the O'Hara's Irish Stout which was good as well, but I didn't enjoy the O'Hara's Irish Red, didn't like that at all.

Remember I had a sample of a smoked lager called Rowers Irish Lager in the Temple Bar, yuck yuck yuck, but the Rowers Red Ale was ok, so I had a pint or two of that.

Managed to try several when in Dublin (as you do), Clonmel 1650, Copper Coast, Helvick Gold, Barrelhead Pale Ale & Sweetman's Pale Ale (Both from J.W. Sweetman) plus a few Smithwick's, as well as the ones mentioned above.

Hopfen-Märzen 6.4% and North Sea Stout 7.5%(both from Pilot) were both on draft in The Jolly Judge on Friday night 

2 minutes ago, jambogaz1968 said:

Hopfen-Märzen 6.4% and North Sea Stout 7.5%(both from Pilot) were both on draft in The Jolly Judge on Friday night 

North Sea Stout is a fantastic beer, had it on draught a few times

Had a bottle of this over the weekend. Imperial Peanut butter stout from Buxton / Omnipollo. Bloody gorgeous......and yes they are aware what the bottle looks like.

Buy Buxton Brewery Yellow Belly £6_50 _ Buy Beer online ___.jpg

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Had a bottle of this over the weekend. Imperial Peanut butter stout from Buxton / Omnipollo. Bloody gorgeous......and yes they are aware what the bottle looks like.

Buy Buxton Brewery Yellow Belly £6_50 _ Buy Beer online ___.jpg

£9.30 for a 330ml bottle from local beer shop, hope it is good at that price...................

might get get one for this weekend 

Edited by jimmyjambo

3 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

£9.30 for a 330ml bottle from local beer shop, hope it is good at that price...................

might get get one for this weekend 

You only need the one. Its definitely not a session beer. Tried the new Tiny Rebel beers on Friday. The Cheeky V sour is very good as is their DIPA collaboration with Siren.

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You only need the one. Its definitely not a session beer. Tried the new Tiny Rebel beers on Friday. The Cheeky V sour is very good as is their DIPA collaboration with Siren.

Had the Tiny Rebel mashmallow imperial porter a couple of weeks ago on draught which was superb,  as was the peaches and cream IPA

10 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Had the Tiny Rebel mashmallow imperial porter a couple of weeks ago on draught which was superb,  as was the peaches and cream IPA

Imperial Stay Puft is superb.The chocolate Stay Puft not so much.

The Real Maroonblood
19 hours ago, Tott said:

450x450.jpg

beer_74342.jpg

10781_1.jpg

Had Jarl on tap absolutely s***e

Seven Giraffes is great.

Never tried  the other one.

We did the Edinburgh Beer Factory tour a couple of months ago. (The one on the Sighthill Industrial Estate. They've got some cracking beers. Their bunk Brown is lovely and their unfiltered lager too. Recommend it. Good value for money too.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2018 at 09:01, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not seen the 51st State IPA before.

Had the O'Hara's Pale Ale on Cask when I was in Dublin 3 years ago, very nice indeed, also had the O'Hara's Irish Stout which was good as well, but I didn't enjoy the O'Hara's Irish Red, didn't like that at all.

Remember I had a sample of a smoked lager called Rowers Irish Lager in the Temple Bar, yuck yuck yuck, but the Rowers Red Ale was ok, so I had a pint or two of that.

Managed to try several when in Dublin (as you do), Clonmel 1650, Copper Coast, Helvick Gold, Barrelhead Pale Ale & Sweetman's Pale Ale (Both from J.W. Sweetman) plus a few Smithwick's, as well as the ones mentioned above.

I completely missed this post at the time - but if you're ever here again let me know and I'll be happy to show you the very best of Irish craft beers. 

Red ales are a very Irish thing, and even I'm not necessarily gone on them - but I do like the O'Hara's red, I have to admit.  They say, however, that the best red ale in the country is made by Franciscan Well down in Cork. 

Helvick Gold is lovely, but watch the sediment or you'll be out with a dose of the extremist leftists.  :eek:

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I completely missed this post at the time - but if you're ever here again let me know and I'll be happy to show you the very best of Irish craft beers. 

Red ales are a very Irish thing, and even I'm not necessarily gone on them - but I do like the O'Hara's red, I have to admit.  They say, however, that the best red ale in the country is made by Franciscan Well down in Cork. 

Helvick Gold is lovely, but watch the sediment or you'll be out with a dose of the extremist leftists.  :eek:

As is brown lemonade!

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Might take you up on someday. :toasting: