Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

You lot should just bite the bullet and buy a Perfect Draft machine. Pours lovely draught beer in the house! Currently on BeerHawk for £200 including two kegs.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

4 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

You lot should just bite the bullet and buy a Perfect Draft machine. Pours lovely draught beer in the house! Currently on BeerHawk for £200 including two kegs.

Yeh, but there is a limited number of different beers (19), whereas I can get between 24 - 36 different beers with every order I make elsewhere.

For example I've just finished an Orkney Brewery Puffin Ale and I've just poured an Anchor Brewery Go West IPA.

With a 6 litre keg you'd have to finish off that before you try the next one, to restrictive for my liking.

2 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

I'm on a mission to Brussels this weekend to try as many different wheat beers as possible, wish me luck.

I'll pray for you my friend.  :mj_zivili:

17 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just got a case of 12 Dutch IPA's from  https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb

They are based in Amsterdam and their prices are excellent with free postage for an order of 12 bottles or more.

This was my first order from them, so only made a small order, just to try them out, I ordered it Monday night and the case was delivered today (Thursday), I will now make a much larger order now.

Anybody else ordered beer from them?

Sounds pretty good and very good prices! Might be tempted to try a 12 pack of Belgian Blond's.

The Real Maroonblood
13 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

I'm on a mission to Brussels this weekend to try as many different wheat beers as possible, wish me luck.

Good luck.

On 11/23/2017 at 22:50, bikerjambo said:

Crack into this bad boy, It's like drinking champagne beer !!!

geuze boon.jpg

2 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

Had a couple of nice beers last night

IMG_1535.JPG.0ddf4dc6eb366448cc26607a4f825b4c.JPGIMG_1539.JPG.dcf9f608c41b3bebf47ea5eebb11057b.JPG

Had the Mexicake at the Tempest Beer Fest last year, excellent stout but dangerous stuff at 11% as it was so nice and so easy to drink.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Had the Mexicake at the Tempest Beer Fest last year, excellent stout but dangerous stuff at 11% as it was so nice and so easy to drink.

went down lovely, would love to try it on draught

6 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

went down lovely, would love to try it on draught

I tried it near the end of the evening, at 11% I thought it best not to try it at the start of the day, or I'd have been :toasting:

The Real Maroonblood
On 1 December 2017 at 10:07, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Got this from the wife this morning.  :pleased:

image.png.8cc706616a7558985e1c0eeb5df79823.png

A woman of taste:bravo:

Still got some of these in the house, purely decorative purposes now of course, especially the signed ones.

An attractive head, good strong body and guaranteed a great finish  ;) 

971227_10151609001935918_418663259_n.jpg

11 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Nice stuff these two...Alhambra.

Alhambra-Reserva-1925-brew-205x300.jpeg.cc0e81e53fb329d040744b7e127f1342.jpegAlhambra-Reserva.jpg.f8d67882dcbdc0ee8db5ee1cfbff7c49.jpg

They also do a Dark lager called 'Alhambra Negra' which is pretty good, give it a try one day, if you can find some.

image.png.5d50646c5144a74b219b5b94040b1ba2.png

21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They also do a Dark lager called 'Alhambra Negra' which is pretty good, give it a try one day, if you can find some.

image.png.5d50646c5144a74b219b5b94040b1ba2.png

Fortunate to be is Spain 3/4 times a year, will definitely give this a bash, thanks for the tip JJ.

Is this another strong one?

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Fortunate to be is Spain 3/4 times a year, will definitely give this a bash, thanks for the tip JJ.

Is this another strong one?

The one I had was 5.4% so pretty much normal strength.

Time for a Christmas Beer, me thinks.

St. Feuillien - Cuvee de Noel (Belgium) 9% vol

image.jpeg.80bda1358a798b670702b2ba309e0f72.jpeg

First impressions, sweet and fruity, nice lingering finish.

16 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Anyone tried Double Joker I.P.A?   Just had a bottle and have to say I wasn't that impressed. 

Nope, can't say that I have, had the normal Joker IPA but not the Double Joker.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Nope, can't say that I have, had the normal Joker IPA but not the Double Joker.

I usually like a couple bottles of joker, went into Morrison's tonight and all they had was this, 8.3% so it does have a bit of a kick to it :lol:

IMG_20171209_215540.jpg

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I usually like a couple bottles of joker, went into Morrison's tonight and all they had was this, 8.3% so it does have a bit of a kick to it :lol:

IMG_20171209_215540.jpg

I liked Joker, but sometimes when they up the strength from the normal brew, it can ruin it.

TBH that label doesn't ring any bells with me, I can't remember having seen it, in saying that the nearest Morrisons to me is in Hawick and I'm not down there very often, but I would think you'd get William's Brothers beers pretty much anywhere, I'll look out for it.

To change the brewer.

I'm not a fan of Brewdog beers, however I can wholly recommend Tesco American Double IPA which is brewed by Brewdog, IMO it is stunning and at 9.2% it has just a wee kick to it, good job it's only 330ml bottles.

My St. Feuillian Christmas beer, I am considering suing them :laugh:, as myself and some family members brewed something extremely similar at the Stewart Brewery Craft Kitchen which I named 'Happy Monk' as it was a Belgian style IPA at 7.2%, they must have copied our recipe, the cads. :laugh:

Popped into the Beer Zoo Portobello during the week for a few beers for the festive period :smiliz23:

Had the Big Raspberry Dog Chew on draught in The Salt Horse on Blackfriars St last Saturday after the game, @ 10 % they serve in third of a pint, but it was bloody lovely :pleased:

IMG_1561.JPG.190d4e7df109388385dfc1723ae9dee4.JPGIMG_1562.JPG.81fcbd386e753ec5f4b8f5efbacac580.JPG

On 23/11/2017 at 19:07, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They are based in Amsterdam and their prices are excellent with free postage for an order of 12 bottles or more.

This was my first order from them, so only made a small order, just to try them out, I ordered it Monday night and the case was delivered today (Thursday), I will now make a much larger order now.

Ordered a case of Grimbergen blond from Beerwulf to try them out.Found their service to be great.Like yourself I will be ordering more from them. The Grimbrgen was an excellent beer too.

D358629A-B014-4EB8-A55F-5F576187A5E3.png

On 23/11/2017 at 19:07, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just ordered 12 bottles from a brewery I enjoyed when I was in Amsterdam. Great prices as well. Thanks for link. 

Screenshot_20171216-205633.png

Edited by Gerd Muller
Picture upload

14 minutes ago, buzz said:

Ordered a case of Grimbergen blond from Beerwulf to try them out.Found their service to be great.Like yourself I will be ordering more from them. The Grimbrgen was an excellent beer too.

D358629A-B014-4EB8-A55F-5F576187A5E3.png

3 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Just ordered 12 bottles from a brewery I enjoyed when I was in Amsterdam. Great prices as well. Thanks for link. 

Your welcome guy's.

I have now ordered two lots from them, the aforementioned case of Dutch IPA, and I ordered 30 different beers from them as well, got them last week.

As an aside, the boxes seem to come in two sizes, 12 and 20 bottles, handy to know when ordering more than 12 bottles.

• 1 month later...

After having a bottle of Samuel Adams 1995 Triple Bock Reserve for the last 23 years, I thought it was high time that I and some family tried it, so I opened it on Saturday night.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef2893b57e40283774c529844568334e.jpeg

It smelt, looked and had the consistency of soy sauce, but had the taste of very strong dark chocolate and raisins, no head no fizz and a really really bitter chocolate aftertaste.

Strength I've no idea, but it was 17.5% when it was bottled in 1995, so god knows what it was on Saturday night, but the three of us were quite merry a short time later.

On 03/12/2017 at 14:31, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Really like March of the penguins, local Aldi is always sold out of it though 

Budgie's Boyfriend

Going to Budapest in June , beer festival will be on , looks the dogs...any KB's been to any previous ones in Budapest?

North Sea stout by Pilot is fantastic, slight liquorice flavour to it. Had it on draught in the Bow bar on Saturday  

02C5F9D0-477A-4CC4-BFEB-CBA506C49971.jpeg

Edited by jimmyjambo

Budgie's Boyfriend
4 minutes ago, jimmyjambo said:

North Sea stout by Pilot is fantastic, slight liquorice flavour to it. Had it on draught in the Bow bar on Saturday  

02C5F9D0-477A-4CC4-BFEB-CBA506C49971.jpeg

Pilot Tap Takeover & Meet The Brewer

Public
 · Hosted by Pilot and The Jolly Judge
Featuring;
Hopfen-Märzen 6.4% 
North Sea Stout 7.5% 
Ultravilot 5.3% 
Transatlantic Breakfast (Left Hand Colorado collaboration) 7.2%
Blond 4%
Vienna Pale 4.6% 
Blue Lady 5% 
Mochaccino Stout 5.5%
8 February at 15:0023:59

1 minute ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Public
Featuring;
Hopfen-Märzen 6.4% 
North Sea Stout 7.5% 
Ultravilot 5.3% 
Blond 4%
Vienna Pale 4.6% 
Blue Lady 5% 
Mochaccino Stout 5.5%

Cheers for that, must admit they have some lovely beers, North Sea stout is my favourite, the Mochaccino stout is also decent.

Might be worth a wee visit.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Public
Featuring;
Hopfen-Märzen 6.4% 
North Sea Stout 7.5% 
Ultravilot 5.3% 
Blond 4%
Vienna Pale 4.6% 
Blue Lady 5% 
Mochaccino Stout 5.5%

Cheers for that, must admit they have some lovely beers, North Sea stout is my favourite, the Mochaccino stout is also decent.

Might be worth a wee visit.  :thumbsup:

Budgie's Boyfriend

Hi folks! From this Friday 2nd of Feb we will be hosting a Pilot tap- take over, showcasing some of their latest creations, see you then!! Pilot

Red Squirrel , Lothian Road

7 minutes ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Hi folks! From this Friday 2nd of Feb we will be hosting a Pilot tap- take over, showcasing some of their latest creations, see you then!! Pilot

Red Squirrel , Lothian Road

Cheers BB, might head there after the game on Saturday, usually go to the Hanging Bat on Lothian Road or Cloisters at Tollcross.    :thumbsup:

Loved a beer in Estonia (Saku) I think it was called. If anyone knows where it can be bought it would be very appreciated...

Picked the wrong night to start reading this thread. All I have left o f this lot is the Sir Keith 10.5. Maybe the name i influencing me :-)

keithbeer.jpg

Edited by brownkg

Had a coupleof half pints of Tiny Rebel mashmallow imperial porter in The Bow Bar on Saturday after the game, superb

image.png.ac62083aabc131bbc4a77470e4881a51.png

Wife had a couple of Tiny Rebel peaches and cream IPA, also very nice

image.png.ed9c8c8a37eaa87e6727f5de46f1a11f.png

Edited by jimmyjambo