• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

I like a light beer and had a belter in California last year. Lightswitch I think it was called. Had a really nice Blonde beer in the Innis and Gunn boozer last weekend. Can't remember what it was called though cos I got nuggets on Red Stripe after it

Quilmes. Tesco sold it up until a couple of years ago but havent been abke to get it anywhere (even specialty beer shops) since.

Lovely beer.

yabadabadoo1874again

Quite happy to drink Carling in any UK pub unless they sell Wheat beer, Erdinger whilst not the best is about the easiest to find nowadays, even Stratties sell it. Prefer Franzizkaner or even Hoe but the best I've ever tasted was Hamster beer (Koranwolf) from Holland. Tesco Bathgate had it for a wee while and I bought 3 bottles every week for 4 weeks then it vanished which makes me think they shipped in a crate of 12 and it was only me buying it

Hamster wheat bier ...remember majestic used to sell this over ten years ago...loved it...great stuff...!!!

Anyone recommend a decent beer in Boston, please ?

If there actually is one that is.

Thanks in advance.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager.  Lightly hopped, amber coloured Kolsch style at around 5% abv. IMO, probably the best of the American 'craft' beers.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Lightly hopped, amber coloured Kolsch style at around 5% abv. IMO, probably the best of the American 'craft' beers.

Nice stuff. One of my favourites if I?m in the US.

Dagger Is Back

Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Lightly hopped, amber coloured Kolsch style at around 5% abv. IMO, probably the best of the American 'craft' beers.

Another vote for Sam Adams.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager.  Lightly hopped, amber coloured Kolsch style at around 5% abv. IMO, probably the best of the American 'craft' beers.

Quite liked the Samuel Adams Honey Porter, don't know if it's still on the market nowadays.

I have a bottle of Samuel Adams Triple Bock 1995 Vintage (yes I've had it since then and it's still unopened) it was about 17% when bottled back in 1995.

Did a Brewery Tour at Sam Adams a couple of years back. Some really tasty beers which are not as widely distributed as the Boston Lager. Tour is free, but book ahead. It's in South Boston area of Jamaica Plain/Forest Hills and is near the metro line. You can get a free shuttle trolley from the brewery to nearby Doyles pub, which is a good old fashioned bar to spend a few hours in, and then the metro back to the city centre.

The Old Tolbooth

I always maintained that the U.K. could not produce a decent lager, but we were bloody excellent at ales, until I stumbled across St Mungos lager in Glasgow on a weekend away with the wife, and I love it! 

My favourite lagers outside of that are Estrella and Tiger 

My favourite ales are Tanglefoot and Doombar

I also love a Guinness or ten  :toilet:

Edited by johnmitchell

I always maintained that the U.K. could not produce a decent lager, but we were bloody excellent at ales, until I stumbled across St Mungos lager in Glasgow on a weekend away with the wife, and I love it! 

I also love a Guinness or ten  :toilet:

St. Mungo's is great stuff, particularly if you enjoy a tasty German lager. If you haven't before, give Three Hop by Caledonian Brewery a try: in my opinion it's almost as good as St. Mungo's.

St. Mungo's is great stuff, particularly if you enjoy a tasty German lager. If you haven't before, give Three Hop by Caledonian Brewery a try: in my opinion it's almost as good as St. Mungo's.

Paolozzi from the Edinburgh Beer Factory is pretty good as well. 

The Old Tolbooth

Thanks mate, always on the lookout for a new beer to try.  :2thumbsup:

I also love a Guinness or ten :toilet:

Chapledowns Curious Brew is excellent.

Mostly lagers i drink .

Dont mind a bit of innes and gunn original or rum casked. They done this Seasonal flavour one year it was Canadian oak aged (something like that) was absolutely amazing.

If you have ever been to Habaneros in Musselburgh they sell this fantastic Mexican lager called Pacifico, highly recommend if you like a smooth lager. They sell it in Tesco Musselburgh now as well.

Paolozzi from the Edinburgh Beer Factory is pretty good as well. 

Had a couple of pints of this last week, very impressed. There was a groupon deal to visit the beer factory a while back, which I never took up, wish I had. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jimmyjambo said:

Was in the Beer Zoo Portobello and picked up a few beers, not tried any off these yet but might try a couple tonight

:thumbsup:

IMG_1514.JPG

Happy Chappy is good.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Happy Chappy is good.

Going to try that tonight

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Just about to get fired right into a pint of this beauty.

Image result for imperial plum porter titanic

Had titanic plum porter draught a couple of times, really nice, dont think it was the grand reserve tho, didnt even know there was one

11 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

Jet Black Heart.

Draught NOT bottled.

lovely stuff.

Cheers for info, will have to try this

7 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Was in the Beer Zoo Portobello and picked up a few beers, not tried any off these yet but might try a couple tonight

:thumbsup:

IMG_1514.JPG

Ghost town is fantastic. Really well malted, not too heavy but a good kick.

If anyone can get there paws on an Alechemy Bring Out The Imp, dive on it. Majestic stuff.

Black Metal beers rock.

On 8/25/2017 at 23:38, Ulysses said:

At home, it's mostly pale ales and IPAs for me, and these two from Rathmullan, County Donegal are top of my list:

IMG_7144EDIT.jpg?resize=667%2C1000

And here we are, nearly three months later, and I just brought home a bottle of each of the above to sip on tonight. 

I had a bottle of Edinburgh Beer Factory Bunk last night. Not usually a fan of brown ale but it was top notch. Did the brewery tour a few weeks ago at Sighthill and their unfiltered lager is also really good.

Just back from Krakow , they have decent beer at decent prices, I prefer Wodka now though  :)

Edited by jambogaz1968

On 11/17/2017 at 16:35, Notts1874 said:

Just about to get fired right into a pint of this beauty.

Image result for imperial plum porter titanic

This is brewed just up the road from me. I've tried the Porter and def NOT a fan. Their other stuff is good, especially their lager.

I went to see TNS v QOTS last week and had a couple of beers - Off The Rails - beautiful stuff. 

On 26/09/2017 at 19:26, John Gentleman said:

Cooper's Pale Ale.

Is it any good, found most Aussie beers so far are pretty tasteless.

quite like a crankshaft Ipa from Bentspoke 

John Gentleman

Great stuff. Bottle conditioned and the only beer I've come across which is stamped with a best AFTER date!

12 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Great stuff. Bottle conditioned and the only beer I've come across which is stamped with a best AFTER date!

Cheers will give it a bash

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

I'm a real ale drinker and the last time I was in Oz I tried this and found it decent.

On 11/19/2017 at 11:18, jambogaz1968 said:

Just back from Krakow , they have decent beer at decent prices, I prefer Wodka now though  :)

Wodka...what a place!!

I'm just back from Fuertaventura and visited the Belgian Beer House pub that was across from my hotel. Sampled some cracking beers, Juliper, Duvel, Le Chouffe and Cornet.

Strong mind you :lol:

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Wodka...what a place!!

I'm just back from Fuertaventura and visited the Belgian Beer House pub that was across from my hotel. Sampled some cracking beers, Juliper, Duvel, Le Chouffe and Cornet.

Strong mind you :lol:

Le Chouffes great. Not a massive fan of Belgian beer (i know! Ive tried!!) but i like the elfie stuff

10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Le Chouffes great. Not a massive fan of Belgian beer (i know! Ive tried!!) but i like the elfie stuff

I've never really had any other than the standard Stella etc but I really enjoyed the four I tried.

Just got a case of 12 Dutch IPA's from  https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb

They are based in Amsterdam and their prices are excellent with free postage for an order of 12 bottles or more.

This was my first order from them, so only made a small order, just to try them out, I ordered it Monday night and the case was delivered today (Thursday), I will now make a much larger order now.

Anybody else ordered beer from them?