Favourite Beer

jimmyjambo

Following on from the favourite pub or worst pub thread, I thought this was worth starting.

Whats your favourite pint/beer and where do you get it? I prefer a porters/stout type beer.

Love Black Isle Porter, usually go to Cloisters after the game where they have this.

Porter1.jpeg

Was in Holyrood 9A a couple of weeks ago and had a few Pilot mochaccino stouts, superb.

pilot-1.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• jimmyjambo

• Dawnrazor

• heartsfc_fan

Williams' Caesar Augustus. Just enough hoppiness and very sessionable.

Or Leffe Blonde/Brune if I'm having a quiet couple of beers.

I like Cascade lager from Tasmania

Never seen it outside of Oz tho

Pretty much any Czech is good. Pilsner urquell, budvar etc

luckyBatistuta

Is it ok to say Peroni? Or are we expecting hipster / craft beers only lol?

Haha, was thinking the same. I must be really boring, as it's only Peroni, Grolsch, Stella, Heineken, in that order and that's it.

I love the black isle as well.

My favourite porter is Robinsons Red n Black which is one of iron maidens beers. Very drinkable I had 2 cases and they were gone far too quickly.

n85621.jpg

Favourite beer at the moment is probably old crafty hen.

Followed very closely by the full Badgers range.

They are all really nice.

BadgerHeading.jpg

Regal Kingston

In all seriousness 

Black Isle Blonde, Caesar Augustas, Amstel & Estrella

Still enjoy a good pint of Tennents too.

I love the black isle as well.

My favourite porter is Robinsons Red n Black which is one of iron maidens beers. Very drinkable I had 2 cases and they were gone far too quickly.

n85621.jpg

Favourite beer at the moment is probably old crafty hen.

Followed very closely by the full Badgers range.

They are all really nice.

BadgerHeading.jpg

Badger brewery is local to me, Tanglefoot on draught is superb. May have over indulged last night....

Auld Reekin'

Duval,Hoegarrden, Blacksheep.

Good man - great choice...

For me, also Weihenstephaner Hefeweiss (or pretty much any of the other German hefeweissen other than Erdinger), Rothaus Pils, Three Hop, Greene King IPA, and London Pride. As with the OP, some of the Scottish and English porters kicking around are brilliant too. Having said that, I like a lot of different beers, as long as they're not ultra-hoppy/bitter/strong "craft" brews or industrial fizz.

Badger brewery is local to me, Tanglefoot on draught is superb. May have over indulged last night....

Fursty Ferret was my entry to Badger. It was the moment I realised how shite lager actually is. Since then I've tried all of them and I think Hopping Hare is probably the one I drink most now.

Guinness, Deuchars, Belhaven Best and a cold Newkie Brown for me. A really good Deuchars is hard to beat i.e The Doric (outwith festival time when they put Edinburgh Castle ale on!!!!) serves a cracker.

Williams' Caesar Augustus. Just enough hoppiness and very sessionable.

Definitely my favourite beer that I can drink all night.

There are others that I prefer the taste of but could only have a few of them or I'd be on my back.

There are others that I prefer the taste of but could only have a few of them or I'd be on my back.

This.

I quite often wonder why I am so pissed after 4 or 5 pints then I realise I've been drinking 6%+ beer :lol:

Of course it is.

For me it's Peroni, Heineken, San Miguel or Estrella.

Don't turn my nose up,at Moretti or 1664 though.

They do a beer in Italy called Menabrea which is quite hard to find on draught but is lovely stuff.

Riddley Walker

Caesar Augustus used to be my go-to drink if out drinking and it was available, however far too many pre and post-match pints of it at the Golden Rule have put me off.

Love the Red McGregor and Dark Island beers from Orkney Brewery, been a Tesco constant for a paltry ?1.65. There's a great wee booze shop with tons of different beers next to me, not cheap but the Samuel Smith range is very nice.

As most have said, Williams Brewery is consistently cheap and tasty as well when bought in bottle. Midnight Sun, Joker and Pavlov's Dog are my favourites of theirs.

Gold is lovely. ?1 a bottle in morrisons recently. Took advantage.

And so you should :thumbsup:

The Mitre had Titanic Plum Porter a few weeks ago, lovely stuff

champion-beer-of-britain.jpg

I P Knightley

Lucky man!

I used to go to Dorset for 2-3 long weekends a year, golfing and chilling, and stayed not far from Blandford. I remember taking a newcomer to a Badger pub for his first taste of Tanglefoot - it was like an angel had pissed on his tonsils.

Since then, I've always been a big fan of Badger beers. Not too keen on the Blandford Fly but Fursty Ferret, hopping Hare and Golden Champion top the list. 

Always keen on a bit of Golden Glory, too. :oohmatron:

Mars plastic

Peroni sends me loopy. Thy had it in Monty's up until last year and we'd go up on a Friday and get absolutely off our crackers. Hellish hangover with it mind.

They've one in at the moment called Paolozzi which is Brewed up at Sighthill. That's another right strong brew so it is.

Normally a Guinness for me. Though I will occasionally stray to Deuchars or Caeser Augustus.

All these fancy craft beers make buying a round a bit tricky, in the old days you went to the bar and ordered pints of lager or heavy, now you have to order half a dozen different thing with names you forget as soon as you leave the table.

doctor jambo

Erdinger Weiss

in fact any cloudy Weiss from Germany

Moretti

Guiness

after reading a thread on here bought some Innes and Gunn- gads

Was introduced to Duval in Belgium a few years ago. Its strong about 8% but its lovely and readily available in most super markets.

Also loved  Ozujsko when in Dubrovnik but never managed to find it over here.

Another shout for carling or fosters and Budweiser In a bottle but had something in Belgium called hommelbier which I haven't been able to find since. Beautiful.

Peroni sends me loopy. Thy had it in Monty's up until last year and we'd go up on a Friday and get absolutely off our crackers. Hellish hangover with it mind.

They've one in at the moment called Paolozzi which is Brewed up at Sighthill. That's another right strong brew so it is.

Oldest daughter got me some of that Paolozzzi for my birthday, lovely stuff. Broughton's Greenmantle is lovely too. 

Of course it is.

For me it's Peroni, Heineken, San Miguel or Estrella.

Don't turn my nose up,at Moretti or 1664 though.

They do a beer in Italy called Menabrea which is quite hard to find on draught but is lovely stuff.

Have you tried the 150th Anniversary Brew?  Very Nice.

Recently had the Menabrea Amber, Rossa & the Strong, all in bottles though.

Little Italy restaurant in Penicuik has Menabrea on draught, which is a bit far for you to travel for a pint I know, but yes I've not come across many places outside of Italy which sell it on draught, it's usually Peroni or Moretti.

F?rstenberg - a cracking beer on a hot summer's day.

Deuchars - great session beer.

Leffe Blonde with a meal.

Caeser Augustus; Joker; Schiehallion etc - Just for drinking!

Edited by Rab Mac52

Have you tried the 150th Anniversary Brew?  Very Nice.

Recently had the Menabrea Amber, Rossa & the Strong, all in bottles though.

Little Italy restaurant in Penicuik has Menabrea on draught, which is a bit far for you to travel for a pint I know, but yes I've not come across many places outside of Italy which sell it on draught, it's usually Peroni or Moretti.

I'll look out for that Anniversary one Jimbo. :2thumbsup:

Sister-in-law lives in Eddleston, I'll mention Little Italy to her and her husband.