?365k if Celtic make the group stages of the CL

andrew

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-land-premiership-clubs-share-11006431

The article states the cash is ring fenced for youth development but given we are already investing heavily in that area I'm sure part of the original funds can be diverted for investment in the squad.

Does this mean we'll have the cash to sign Cadden? Or Rangers will have the ?1m we are after for Walker?

Another Souttar/Gon?alves type signing for the middle of the park would be ideal.

The cash will come in handy.

Sickening how much the Tims will make though and see them open the gap even further from the rest of us.

Unknown user

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-land-premiership-clubs-share-11006431

The article states the cash is ring fenced for youth development but given we are already investing heavily in that area I'm sure part of the original funds can be diverted for investment in the squad.

Does this mean we'll have the cash to sign Cadden? Or Rangers will have the ?1m we are after for Walker?

Another Souttar/Gon?alves type signing for the middle of the park would be ideal.

Or does it mean that Well can afford to tell us to piss off again?

Celtic will get a minimum of 35 million from CL qualification, even if they finish dead last in their group without scoring a goal - how depressing is that?

The imbalance that's being created throughout Europe between the top clubs and the next level down is getting bigger, and it'll inevitably end in those top clubs breaking away imo.

Can't happen quick enough for me so the rest of us can normalise and start enjoying a competitive, entertaining league again.

Sickening how much the Tims will make though and see them open the gap even further from the rest of us.

Yip, I can see it being a one horse race for another 10 years, minimum.

Unknown user

Yip, I can see it being a one horse race for another 10 years, minimum.

The gap gets bigger every year though. I think we've reached critical mass where there's no catching them any more and they just accelerate away into the distance.

Shite, but that's reality imo

Seymour M Hersh

Oh are we meant to be ever so grateful and thankful to them? They can ram the money up their arses.  All this crap the weejie media come out with telling us how great it is for Scottish  football to have them qualify grinds my gears. 

Unknown user

Oh are we meant to be ever so grateful and thankful to them? They can ram the money up their arses. All this crap the weejie media come out with telling us how great it is for Scottish football to have them qualify grinds my gears.

Seconded. Here's some scraps from the table, aren't we lucky little boys and girls?

Celtic couldnt give a shiney shite about the rest of Scottish football and the money the other clubs will get.  Same as the huns who claim they where doing heroic things funding the lower leagues when they had to start at the bottom when in fact they couldnt give a shite, they where going to watch their new club. 

Dallas Green

Can you imagine what 30 million pound would do for this club.

Insane that Celtic are likely to get this every year if they get into the group stage.

The gap gets bigger every year though. I think we've reached critical mass where there's no catching them any more and they just accelerate away into the distance.

That's an easy excuse to be honest. The situation in Scotland isn't any different to Spain where Real and Bar?a are miles clear of the rest financially but it didn't stop Valencia or Athletico winning the league.  Similar story in Germany with Bayern yet Stuttgart and Wolfsburg have both won it in the last decade.

In fact almost every major league in Europe has been won by a traditionally mid table club since the turn of the millennium, FC Twente in Holland, Boavista in Portugal, Leicester in England, Lille & Montpellier in France, Bursaspor in Turkey.

We play Celtic 4 times a season, there is no reason why we can't challenge eventually if we get our act together - we 'just' need to start beating the other 10 teams on a consistent basis.

Celtic will get a minimum of 35 million from CL qualification, even if they finish dead last in their group without scoring a goal - how depressing is that?

The imbalance that's being created throughout Europe between the top clubs and the next level down is getting bigger, and it'll inevitably end in those top clubs breaking away imo.

Can't happen quick enough for me so the rest of us can normalise and start enjoying a competitive, entertaining league again.

Totally agree. The disparity of resources is appalling, but of course due to market forces.

Bizarrely, Celtic feel hard-done by as things stand ? they feel they are the ones in a difficult situation because they don't have the resources to compete with Europe's big clubs.

They can't see that their monopoly on Scotland's Champions League place has all but killed the Scottish competition they bemoan.

Billybuffjaw

Oh are we meant to be ever so grateful and thankful to them? They can ram the money up their arses.  All this crap the weejie media come out with telling us how great it is for Scottish  football to have them qualify grinds my gears. 

And mine.  I have a tim supporter at work telling me how grateful Scottish clubs should be towards them.That club and its support sicken me.

As a symbolic move, I'd actually like Hearts and the other clubs to hand these crumbs back to the 'top table' and tell them to stick it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Theres only so far an arsehole will expand

Unknown user

That's an easy excuse to be honest. The situation in Scotland isn't any different to Spain where Real and Bar?a are miles clear of the rest financially but it didn't stop Valencia or Athletico winning the league. Similar story in Germany with Bayern yet Stuttgart and Wolfsburg have both won it in the last decade.

In fact almost every major league in Europe has been won by a traditionally mid table club since the turn of the millennium, FC Twente in Holland, Boavista in Portugal, Leicester in England, Lille & Montpellier in France, Bursaspor in Turkey.

We play Celtic 4 times a season, there is no reason why we can't challenge eventually if we get our act together - we 'just' need to start beating the other 10 teams on a consistent basis.

It's worse in Scotland because the financial imbalance is so much worse. The CL money has less impact somewhere like the EPL where the bottom team will clear 100m this year. In Spain, in Holland, these countries get decent tv deals, sponsorship deals etc so the difference is less - it's all about comparative power and the rest of Scottish football is celtic's bitch for the foreseeable imho.

It's 35m this season and at least that, probably more, for every season after. If that isn't a widening gap I don't know what is.

Celtic couldnt give a shiney shite about the rest of Scottish football and the money the other clubs will get.  Same as the huns who claim they where doing heroic things funding the lower leagues when they had to start at the bottom when in fact they couldnt give a shite, they where going to watch their new club. 

It's not really Celtic's fault that there is such a gap, and there is no way they will get behind any move to change it.

That has to come from UEFA

Cut The Crap

Will help pay for some of our recruitment mistakes over the past two years.

It's not really Celtic's fault that there is such a gap, and there is no way they will get behind any move to change it.

That has to come from UEFA

I do understand that, it's the part that they are doing good for Scottish Football is what gripes me. 

Seconded. Here's some scraps from the table, aren't we lucky little boys and girls?

Completely agree with this. The small-minded, blinkered gratitude makes me sick  ? it's exactly this mindset that's feeding the disparity of resources. Too many people in power in our game seem to think the rightful place of Celtic is above everyone else, even before a ball is kicked

We are not in direct competition with other European clubs and all this does is make the disparity between us and Celtic larger and doesn't help us compete against other premiership clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Charlie-Brown

It is what it is we just have to get on with it, the challenge for Hearts is to be the best they can be with the resources available and hope for that perfect season one day.

John Findlay

People mock us that say the league is the bread and butter. As difficult as it may seem our no 1 objective should always be to win the league. Winning cups are great but they are bonuses. Or objective should always be to have a crack at the champions league riches

We are not in direct competition with other European clubs and all this does is make the disparity between us and Celtic larger and doesn't help us compete against other premiership clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yup.

If anything its a sum which probably actually disadvantages us in that its an amount which is more 'life changing' to the smaller clubs in the SPL than it is to us....... I'd imagine that ?365k makes a much bigger difference to the Hamiltons and the Particks than it does to the Hearts or the Aberdeens.  

Meanwhile, Celtic run off in to the distance.

As a symbolic move, I'd actually like Hearts and the other clubs to hand these crumbs back to the 'top table' and tell them to stick it.

But would they? If Celtic qualify through the group stage, does the ?365,000 also increase to say ?600,000? If they got to semis would each Scots club get near a million? There must be a tipping point when the amount given out makes up for Celtic doing well in Europe.....

...a bit disco

From a Celtic blogger in the DR...

'There can be no doubt that Celtic being in the Champions League is good for Scottish football. We?re single-handedly providing this league with status and relevancy. Without Celtic being an established fixture in the Champions League, Scottish football?s status would plummet from near-irrelevancy to absolute irrelevancy. The league would suffer, the national team would suffer and every club would suffer.

Aside from Celtic, every team in this country is small-time. Supporters of every beaten down and broken team should be nurturing even the faintest ember of positivity in the hope it will ignite a wildfire throughout our game.'

And there you have it.

'There can be no doubt that Celtic being in the Champions League is good for Scottish football. We?re single-handedly providing this league with status and relevancy. Without Celtic being an established fixture in the Champions League, Scottish football?s status would plummet from near-irrelevancy to absolute irrelevancy. The league would suffer, the national team would suffer and every club would suffer.

Aside from Celtic, every team in this country is small-time. Supporters of every beaten down and broken team should be nurturing even the faintest ember of positivity in the hope it will ignite a wildfire throughout our game.'

And there you have it.

:lol:

The Internet

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/without-celtic-champions-league-scottish-11009573

And there you have it.

:lol:

Scottish football clearly THRIVING because of this.

I do understand that, it's the part that they are doing good for Scottish Football is what gripes me. 

Oh aye, that part clearly is a load of nonsense!

Billybuffjaw

And there you have it.

The truly sad thing about that statement is HE and THEY actually believe it. They are a stain and an embarrassment to our game and country, it's a pity the English will never take them or their ugly sister off our hands as they so crave.

Lucille's Thirsty

As a symbolic move, I'd actually like Hearts and the other clubs to hand these crumbs back to the 'top table' and tell them to stick it.

We are not a loaded football club mate you know that.

In what world would we turn away money?

Nice wee earner towards the new stand, but it's sickening just how much Celtic will make.

No fault of theirs though. They deserve to be there.

Ibrahim Tall

Past the point of caring if Celtic win or lose to be honest.

The point where we were in competition with them is long gone so them getting 5 million, 50 million or even 500 million is irrelevant in the scheme of things.

If we benefit financially and Scottish football looks a bit less shit internationally(which it does when even our 'one team' in a 'one team league' gets pumped) then it's good for Hearts.

Will take the money, never going to help narrow any gap to them, but may help ius against the other sides if invested wisely.

Frightening how far ahead they are going to be!!

It'll help. The 30 odd million they receive will not however. To be honest though, if you are not one of the horses then whether it's a one or two horse race makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Only hope is they leave or mess up eg with a new owner or run of shit managers.

Bazzas right boot

Does very little for us in our quest to improve and catch Aberdeen/ rangers and ultimately Celtic.

It Does however, allow teams like St Johnstone and partick stay closer to us, tho.

At that rate it would take 90 years of "prize" money to make one season of Thiers.

Hope they get beat 6-0 in the return.

Bazzas right boot

Will take the money, never going to help narrow any gap to them, but may help ius against the other sides if invested wisely.

Frightening how far ahead they are going to be!!

Eh, every side gets it.

More likley to help keep saints closer to us than help us gain on anyone.

Watt-Zeefuik

Except that it's a house built on TV money, which is a bubble getting close to bursting. 

That's an easy excuse to be honest. The situation in Scotland isn't any different to Spain where Real and Bar?a are miles clear of the rest financially but it didn't stop Valencia or Athletico winning the league.  Similar story in Germany with Bayern yet Stuttgart and Wolfsburg have both won it in the last decade.

Yes -- we'll never compete with Celtic for number of titles. But once our stand is built and paid for and the youth and scouting network is fully built out, we should be able to average about a league title per decade, the way Atletico and Valencia do.

Archived