Steve McClaren

Hendricks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A_A wehatethehibs

Sounds like he is scrounging around for a club. Hopeless at Newcastle and fecked Derby up

True, but he did beat Feyenoord, PSV and Ajax to the Dutch title twice with Twente, and the cup, and Europa knockout stages. That is equal to winning the SPFL with Hearts. Even tougher because Ajax, PSV and Feyenord are far better teams than Rangers and Celtic and also it was Twente's first ever. That'll no doubt be what he points to. He has managed some big clubs in his time, Forest, Wolfsburg, Derby, Newcastle, Middlesborough etc... He is actually a cut above pretty much any other name I've ever heard linked with the Hearts job.

McClaren used to be represented by a guy called Colin Gordon of..........

Key Sports Management!

Some of the posts on this thread are staggering. The mind boggles as to who would be acceptable as the next Head Coach to some Hearts fans.

McClaren used to be represented by a guy called Colin Gordon of..........

Key Sports Management!

Who a certain Mr Colquhoun and BFF to a certain Mr Levein works for. The plot thickens.

Hearts fans saying no to Steve McLaren :rofl:

So just accept somebody regardless of what style of football his teams have played beforehand because he's managed England and Premiership teams?

A_A wehatethehibs

He's ******* hopeless :rofl:

McLaren is absolute champions league compared to 4th rate scottish premiership shite like Pressley, Hartley, Wright etc :lol: Aye he was sacked by newcastle and derby. Hartley was sacked by dundee... dun ****ing dee. His experience dwarfs even fan favourite Michael O'Neil a man who has done comparatively nothing in club football. Brechin and Shamrock Rovers :lol: Try Man U, Middlesborough, Derby, Twente, Forest, Wolfsburg, QPR, Newcastle.

Won the Eredivise with unfashionable FC Twente, and took Middlesbrough to the UEFA cup final. Terrible?

Quite. If that's what terrible looks like, sign me up.

The FC Twente achievement really was quite something in a league generally dominated by three big clubs.

Have you heard his Scottish accent? It's terrible. Worse than Cathro's.

Finlay James

McLaren is absolute champions league compared to 4th rate scottish premiership shite like Pressley, Hartley, Wright etc :lol: Aye he was sacked by newcastle and derby. Hartley was sacked by dundee... dun ******* dee. His experience dwarfs even fan favourite Michael O'Neil a man who has done comparatively nothing in club football. Brechin and Shamrock Rovers :lol: Try Man U, Middlesborough, Derby, Twente, Forest, Wolfsburg, QPR, Newcastle.

Well put, the guy would stroll the SPL

The Internet

So just accept somebody regardless of what style of football his teams have played beforehand because he's managed England and Premiership teams?

Style of football :lol: As has been mentioned, the Eredivisie win ahead of Luis Suarez's Ajax was an incredible achievement on top of other solid jobs done elsewhere. He's not going to win us the league or anything but as for a safe pair of hands to get us out this shite we're in we won't get any better.

Don't think it'll happen like for numerous other reasons but we are in no position to be turning him down.

McClaren is miles ahead of any other names mentioned, even O'Neill who I'd be delighted with.  In fact, O'Neill is one of the few names apparently in the hat that isn't laughable compared to McClaren.

Houston or McClaren?

Pressley or McClaren?

Sho shorry shteeve, we're gonna go with Paul Hartley because he showed promise early on at Alloa and Dundee!

Style of football :lol: As has been mentioned, the Eredivisie win ahead of Luis Suarez's Ajax was an incredible achievement on top of other solid jobs done elsewhere. He's not going to win us the league or anything but as for a safe pair of hands to get us out this shite we're in we won't get any better.

Don't think it'll happen like for numerous other reasons but we are in no position to be turning him down.

No, he wouldn't win us the league. Nobody would. But if you want a manager who has won a closed shop of a league with an unfashionable team...

McClaren would be a brilliant appointment if a deal could be done. I'm sure it's pretty unlikely but I would be delighted if he ended up head coach.

Yes yes and yes.

People turning up their noses due to English snobbery of the England job.

He's absolutely head & shhhhoulders above any of the other names.

I'd love Sergio back, but if SM has seriously applied then there is no other option!

Who a certain Mr Colquhoun and BFF to a certain Mr Levein works for. The plot thickens.

Before the JC bashing chat starts again. He is no longer involved with Key Sports Management ;)

BurnieHearts

An ex England manager and Hearts fans say no thanks. Unreal.

I think he would be a huge success up here for us.

If Steve McClaren really wants this job, it is a total no brainer.

If that means our DOF has to leave, then so be it Ann, you have had to make many horrible/right or wrong decisions in your business life, please make this one of the right ones.

I would love this to happen, his CV in Holland would get him most job's in football, the fact that he has thrown his hat in the ring with us, we have to grasp that opportunity.

Governor Tarkin

The rumour is probably pish, but I'd hack my left ball of with a spoon for a manager of McLaren's stature.

Maroon Sailor

So basically people on here are saying Scottish football is crap rather than saying McClaren is crap.

Ever since he left the Boro job 11 years ago he has been a fecking bombscare with every job he has had in England.

He knows how far his reputation has sunk - which is fair play to him if he thinks Scotland is his level.

McLaren is absolute champions league compared to 4th rate scottish premiership shite like Pressley, Hartley, Wright etc :lol: Aye he was sacked by newcastle and derby. Hartley was sacked by dundee... dun ******* dee. His experience dwarfs even fan favourite Michael O'Neil a man who has done comparatively nothing in club football. Brechin and Shamrock Rovers :lol: Try Man U, Middlesborough, Derby, Twente, Forest, Wolfsburg, QPR, Newcastle.

Got sacked by England, Wolfsburg,had to resign at forest and twente the second time round. Out of all his management jobs he's only succeeded twice, once at Boro and then Twente

Cruyff Turn

McClaren has worked with good players at the clubs he has managed.

I don't think he's the man for us in our situation.

We need a real leader.

Bazzas right boot

Good responses

Pressley, Houston, Hartley v McLaren...

Perspective indeed.

Bazzas right boot

Got sacked by England, Wolfsburg,had to resign at forest and twente the second time round. Out of all his management jobs he's only succeeded twice, once at Boro and then Twente

Pressley, Hartley?

Both sacked, was pressley Sacked by Fleetwood?

Aye but McLaren, sacked by england and Derby is a no no.

Very few manager's haven't been sacked.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Experience doesn't equal quality. There's a bigger chance he would fail than succeed.

Give me Paulo any day. Or Csaba guaranteed not to get embarrassed from Celtic with him in charge.

Bazzas right boot

Have you heard his Scottish accent? It's terrible. Worse than Cathro's.

Shame, his Dutch accent was schmoking.

Cruyff Turn

Pressley, Hartley?

Pressleys left every job he has had of his own accord.

Bazzas right boot

Pressleys left every job he has had of his own accord.

Jump, before pushed, I'm not sure?

Anyway, pressley v McClaren.....

Cruyff Turn

Jump, before pushed, I'm not sure?

Anyway, pressley v McClaren.....

Pressley. McClarens a soft touch. :stuart:

The thing is, there are some who would take Sergio over mclaren. Seriously.

Not really wanting McLaren but this is a fair point  :2thumbsup:

Pressley, Hartley?

Dont recall mentioning either of them

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'd take Steve McClaren's hairdresser over Stephen Pressley.

steve-mcclaren-newcastle_3428743.jpg?201

:lol: Still would.

I watch a fair bit of Derby because my mate's a fan. The first time there he had them playing some excellent stuff and they were really unlucky not to go up. Second time round he revived them with a good run but got sacked when they really fell away. If he has applied then it's a no brainer.

Son Of Anarchy

Has this actually been mentioned anywhere in the press or just some highly dubious rumour?

No, just one poster indicating SM showed an interest although if so why not chuck the CV in? Perhaps Hendricks has heard more today?

I watch a fair bit of Derby because my mate's a fan. The first time there he had them playing some excellent stuff and they were really unlucky not to go up. Second time round he revived them with a good run but got sacked when they really fell away. If he has applied then it's a no brainer.

This could be a lot of shite though. If its the case that he has applied - and as I say could very much be shite -it will come out in the media.

2 points in their last 13 games before he got sacked

2 points in their last 13 games before he got sacked

Yup he had a very bad run after they lost to Norwich at new year. They also had a ridiculous amount of injuries to key players.

The biggest ego in the world- loves himself more than anything or anyone. I'd rather have Cathro back

Would ye aye?

The biggest ego in the world- loves himself more than anything or anyone. I'd rather have Cathro back

aye-ok.jpg

Archived