Steve McClaren

Hendricks

Steve McClaren is unemployed. But he's not a waster.

I would imagine the poster would not be too happy about an ex England manager at our club.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he has had some serious ups and downs throughout his managerial career

How many managers coaches haven't? There in lies the problems most clubs have searching for a manager/coach.

I'll need to stop now the wine is taking affect :lol:

How many managers coaches haven't? There in lies the most problems most clubs have searching for a manager/coach.

Agreed. Especially one who has been involved in those roles for 20+ years.

If he wants the job and would take a sensible wage he is by far the best candidate out of all the names mentioned. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Most outstanding candidate so far if it's true. Worth it just for what he could pass on to Daly, Kirk and Fox.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I'd be astounded if he would be happy with a couple of grand a week to manage in Scotland!

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I'd be astounded if he would be happy with a couple of grand a week to manage in Scotland!

When he managed Twente he was presumably on significantly less than he was at any English side he's managed. If he has shown interest money can't be his motivation! He and whoever represents him are going to be well aware of Hearts budget restraints.

Better equipped than our DoF, McClaren has probably never heard of Levein.

Yes, I'm sure a former England manager who has worked in three different European countries has never heard of the Scotland manager from five years ago.

The Old Tolbooth

This place is absolutely unreal [emoji23][emoji23]

There are people turning their noses up at McLaren, but they'd be happy to see Houston or Sergio take over, am I living in a parallel universe? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This place is absolutely unreal [emoji23][emoji23]

There are people turning their noses up at McLaren, but they'd be happy to see Houston or Sergio take over, am I living in a parallel universe? [emoji23][emoji23]

This.

He is a terrible manager.

Won the Eredivise with unfashionable FC Twente, and took Middlesbrough to the UEFA cup final. Terrible?

Won the Eredivise with unfashionable FC Twente, and took Middlesbrough to the UEFA cup final. Terrible?

Twente's first league title in their history. Also won Middlesbrough's first and only major trophy, the League Cup.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

When he managed Twente he was presumably on significantly less than he was at any English side he's managed. If he has shown interest money can't be his motivation! He and whoever represents him are going to be well aware of Hearts budget restraints.

True enough. Don't get me wrong I'd be pleasantly surprised nay delighted if he does join us!!

McLaren would be an outstanding appointment. Easily the highest profile manager the club will have had in my lifetime, if he were to be given the job. 

Personally can't see it, though. 

The Old Tolbooth

Hey, Sergio won a game at Old Trafford, Houston managed a cup final with Dundee Utd, Levein guided us to Europe twice in a row by finishing third, Hartley has errrrrr (I'll get back to you on that one), and Pressley in management has errr (I'll get back to you on that one too) .......and yet folk want this shower of shite before someone like McLaren [emoji23]

No wonder I ****ing drink!

Captain America

Would be a great appointment.

He has coach and managed at some top clubs. In fact go as far to say that every club he has coached or managed at are bigger than us.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Former Scotland boss and former England boss as part of our management team? Yes please.

glastonbury jambo

That was then , this is now ...he has lost his way big time and isnt all there in a mental capacity.

Voice of reason

If he is the 'incredible' manager some people are saying then why has he been sacked fairly quickly from his last two jobs at Derby and Newcastle? Some people seem blinded by his name rather than taking into account his recent managerial record. He would be a risky appointment given recent failures and his lack of knowledge of the league. More suited to a Director of Football type appointment than a head coach in my opinion. His interest, if true, shows that Hearts are still well regarded in British football circles though.

Would be unbelievable. One that we simply would be mad to not take a shot on.

Not doubting the OP though, but never in a month of Sunday's can I see it happening. Would love to be proven wrong.

glastonbury jambo

If he is the 'incredible' manager some people are saying then why has he been sacked fairly quickly from his last two jobs at Derby and Newcastle? Some people seem blinded by his name rather than taking into account his recent managerial record. He would be a risky appointment given recent failures and his lack of knowledge of the league. More suited to a Director of Football type appointment than a head coach in my opinion. His interest, if true, shows that Hearts are still well regarded in British football circles though.

Spot f@ing on!!

gashauskis9

Yes, I'm sure a former England manager who has worked in three different European countries has never heard of the Scotland manager from five years ago.

Said it in jest, but thanks for pulling me up :pleasing:

Auld Reekin'

Better equipped than our DoF, McClaren has probably never heard of Levein.

The signing of Phil Stamp was brought about directly by the relationship of McClaren (Middlesborough manager at the time) and Levein, due to them having both been on some FIFA coaching course together before.

The signing of Phil Stamp was brought about directly by the relationship of McClaren (Middlesborough manager at the time) and Levein, due to them having both been on some FIFA coaching course together before.

:glorious:  :scenes:  :pleasing:  :pleasing:  :pleasing:

Auld Reekin'

:glorious:  :scenes:  :pleasing:  :pleasing:  :pleasing:

Well, I'm pleased you're pleased (unless I've missed-out on some subtlety [wouldn't be the first time], or "in-joke" [wouldn't be the first time, either]...).

Dutch accents and brollys.....pah.

If Steve McLaren wants the Hearts job he can wear a Jimmy wig and carry a pink frilly princess umbrella and I still give it to him.

My man love for Sergio would have to remain stuck in 2012 and he can stay where he is.

Folk would actually turn him down   :lol:

A man who would instantly command the respect of the squad. Huge stature in the game, huge reputation. Going from Cathro to someone like this would be incredible.

Ricardo Shillyshally

I think the gullit lounge needs renamed.

Not sure to what, perhaps we could just use an umbrella term to cover fantasy managers

So no Mikey

No Stevie Mac

How about Coleman of Wales away to see what price is hopefully he's better than 13/8 before I lump on

If the OP source is good, this is incredible news. It's possible that he would just like the challenge but I'd be surprised if he would do it for less than around 10k a week plus bonuses.

I don't know that of course. Anyway this will give them a good laugh in Lochend and that's good because they haven't had that much to laugh about for 60 years. Plenty to laugh at though.

Seymour M Hersh

You are terrible poster.

You see how it works? Opinions. :thumbsup:

Tbh I'd say your post is more fact than opinion. But that's just my opinion! 

People that would chose Sergio over McLaren

**** me, please keep Hearts fans away from the board when FOH takes over...

Archived