***Official Celtic v Hearts match thread***

Bazzas right boot

whats Hearts results got to do with other teams there?

This is what's wrong. We've lost all self respect and any desire to fight. This is Heart of Midlothian, not effin Dundee or Patrick.

Of course we don't have a great record there but it's better than most others because we used to have teams who fought for it.

Sometimes you fight and you still get skelped but at least you would be more comfortable knowing there's a team to support who'll do the same the week after.

We aren't just soft v Celtic now. It's also against other teams we are more aligned with.

Mate, that was the hardest we've fought against them in dinkey's.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what's wrong. We've lost all self respect and any desire to fight. This is Heart of Midlothian, not effin Dundee or Patrick.

Of course we don't have a great record there but it's better than most others because we used to have teams who fought for it.

Sometimes you fight and you still get skelped but at least you would be more comfortable knowing there's a team to support who'll do the same the week after.

We aren't just soft v Celtic now. It's also against other teams we are more aligned with.

I totally agree. Watching the players go off, laughing and joking with their opponents, looking like they are asking for jerseys etc. It's fecking disgusting to witness!

To be honest, I was happier when footage would emerge of Hearts players smacking Celtic players in the puss off the ball!!!

Lucille's Thirsty

I know sometimes I think our supporters think we have just been promoted, 4-1 isn't a bad result and he spends have the thread trying to dodge round what he just said.

We are the third biggest club in Scotland and clubs like Ross County and Inverness had better performances against Celtic than we did a club with far bigger resources and budget.

I totally agree. Watching the players go off, laughing and joking with their opponents, looking like they are asking for jerseys etc. It's fecking disgusting to witness!

To be honest, I was happier when footage would emerge of Hearts players smacking Celtic players in the puss off the ball!!!

Never saw anyone asking for a jersey.

Never saw anyone asking for a jersey.

I said LOOKING LIKE they were asking for a jersey. I can't recall who it was but whoever walked off with Sinclair looked star struck!

Mate, that was the hardest we've fought against them in dinkey's.

maybe, but overall we've a long way to go to overturn a long spell of being lightweight.

There's no nastiness bred in us whatsoever. You should hate getting beat but our players look like they don't.

A_A wehatethehibs

Cowie is "poor", aye? :lol:

He ****ing is poor aye mate.

Just because he got "pass marks" for being a hard worker last season, in the worst Hearts season in decades, does not make him a good player.

He is a 35 year old ageing ex-scotland player who won most of his handful of caps under levein, the worst scotland manager ever. The only thing which made him a success at cardiff and watford was his pace and set piece delivery - both are visibly completely gone from his game now.

He is the type of player I would be delighted to have him - on the bench, behind 3 quality first choice midfielders. The fact that he is currently our best midfielder is utterly utterly depressing.

He ******* is poor aye mate.

Just because he got "pass marks" for being a hard worker last season, in the worst Hearts season in decades, does not make him a good player.

He is a 35 year old ageing ex-scotland player who won most of his handful of caps under levein, the worst scotland manager ever. The only thing which made him a success at cardiff and watford was his pace and set piece delivery - both are visibly completely gone from his game now.

He is the type of player I would be delighted to have him - on the bench, behind 3 quality first choice midfielders. The fact that he is currently our best midfielder is utterly utterly depressing.

He wouldn't get a game for Aberdeen. Their entire midfield is better than him. And as you say he's our 'best' midfielder. That says it all about the appalling recruitment we have seen in recent windows. And I like Don, an excellent pro, plays for the shirt, shows a hunger and tries to lead the team. But he's totally limited, thats just the simple reality.

What about all the blinkered supporters that ridiculed me for being anti Cathro, you know who you are.

Your still all these things I can't say on here

AuldReekie444

The BBC have went from saying we were "thumped" to "hammered" and then to "crushed". 

I hate sportsound.

On the goalkeeper:

Hamilton was NOT "helpless" for some of the goals. If you must insist on punching the ball, you ******* well parry it out of the park or out of the danger area, like Gordon does.

At least we have the reasonable hope we will be better soon with a new keeper

Hamilton shouldn't play for Hearts till he learns how to be a keeper

Daly, MacPhee and Fox did a decent job today. We did about as well as can be expected against a team who has ?50m more than us to build a squad, on their 'flag-day', away from home, in Glasgow.

Moore and Brandon were very good. Way more committed than Sam or Jamie over the last few months.

Fair enough

But overall being at the game we weren't at the races and I would say there is nothing good to take from the game

As I said during game that was an easy training exercise for Celtic

I know sometimes I think our supporters think we have just been promoted, 4-1 isn't a bad result and he spends have the thread trying to dodge round what he just said.

We are the third biggest club in Scotland and clubs like Ross County and Inverness had better performances against Celtic than we did a club with far bigger resources and budget.

And there was me saying leave it there.

Cannae help yourself eh ? What fekin part did I try and dodge around what I said ? Please explain that to me

A routine gubbing.

Glad I didn't bother to watch or listen or pay any attention to the game.

The best option

Good choice

When the stand/stadium is completed, Mrs budge focus must be on having a team to match the rest of the league, and capable of getting a decent result against a good Celtic.

This will be more clear with Scottish cup ties.......

Also check your facts

post-29950-0-59179800-1501944682_thumb.png

When the stand/stadium is completed, Mrs budge focus must be on having a team to match the rest of the league, and capable of getting a decent result against a good Celtic.

Go and tell me how you get a decent result against a ?50m team without spending at least 30% of that on building your own?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Go and tell me how you get a decent result against a ?50m team without spending at least 30% of that on building your own?

By being hard to break down. European teams manage it as did Sergio and Laszlo.

You can beat them but you can't give them space like we did, not even an inch.

So you don't think that team out there today tried ?

And our record there most certainly is not better than most is it ?

AlphonseCapone

The mental side of me agrees, the other side is papping it and doesn't dare say anything

Your other side is wise.

Jambof3tornado

We cannot afford to match celtic.

I'm interested in answers to this as well

MacDonald Jardine

Will it be though?

That assumes we actually build the stand which is becoming another fiasco.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

So you don't think that team out there today tried ?

And our record there most certainly is not better than most is it ?

Our team today was horrendous, whether they were trying or not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A_A wehatethehibs

Ask Alan Archibald, Tommy Wright, or Jim McIntyre.

Over a league season you are right there is no contest, but in an individual one off game teams with far lower budgets than Hearts have taken results off Celtic during the 5 years which have past since the last time we beat them. Hearts fans have every right to expect better.

upgotheheads

Sorry to say it but our squad Is a shambles compared to a year ago.

Thinking back to the way Ozturk was treated it seems to have been downhill all the way since then. He had a bad game against St.Johnstone and was given the bum's rush and yet he was a better player than some on show today.

Our recruitment recently has been chaotic which makes me wonder about our dof.

Cathro had to go but I still feel we'd have been better keeping him hanging on before we got a replacement.

It will do us no good whatsoever to ditch everything we were doing in pre season and playing players in a formation that is nowhere close to the basis upon which they were signed or have trained for for 6 weeks

Daly should be not making any drastic changes as he isn't the ****ing boss - he should just be trying to get them more fired up.

The new manager will come in and change it again.

Daly should be carrying on the basic principles until the new guy comes in.

There is no point our players adapting to 3 different styles of formations of playing over a couple of months. It will just **** them over.

Ask Alan Archibald, Tommy Wright, or Jim McIntyre.

Over a league season you are right there is no contest, but in an individual one off game teams with far lower budgets than Hearts have taken results off Celtic during the 5 years which have past since the last time we beat them. Hearts fans have every right to expect better.

Have to agree. We've not Celtic since the 2012 semi final. We used to be in their faces and go down fighting. We've gone soft.

Expected maybe, but our record against them is humiliating and unacceptable, even allowing for the budget gap.

The likes of Morton, ICT, Hamilton and East Kilbride have given Celtic better games when they have met than the last dozen or so games we have met, particularly our recent meetings.

The fact is is expected and we are happy to brush if off and deam it acceptable is a loser mentality.

Even allowing for the 50 million plus "budget gap"... aye. Humiliating, right enough.

:gok:

Even allowing for the 50 million plus "budget gap"... aye. Humiliating, right enough.

:gok:

As a stand alone result, it isn't. Our recent record is though. It must be one of the word in Scotland.

Governor Tarkin

This man gets it.

I'm interested in answers to this as well

Don't start the match with Cowie, Djoum, Buaben and a right back in midfield. That would be a start.

Cathro had to go but I still feel we'd have been better keeping him hanging on before we got a replacement.

It will do us no good whatsoever to ditch everything we were doing in pre season and playing players in a formation that is nowhere close to the basis upon which they were signed or have trained for for 6 weeks

Daly should be not making any drastic changes as he isn't the ******* boss - he should just be trying to get them more fired up.

The new manager will come in and change it again.

Daly should be carrying on the basic principles until the new guy comes in.

There is no point our players adapting to 3 different styles of formations of playing over a couple of months. It will just **** them over.

Jammy the whole formation/style will be scrapped if they bring in an "experienced" manager anyway Cathro was trying to get mediocre, in some instances guff, players to do things that are completely beyond them. Unless we see a barrowload of further moves in the transfer window (both in and out) he is going tone very limited as to how we can play. We have no width, little pace and few left sided players. We have no dynamic midfielders and even our options up front are limited. In short a much more aggressive style is going to be required to at least compete. Formations, tactics and style are not going to be at the head of the list, becoming at least competitive is.

Lucille's Thirsty

Don't start the match with Cowie, Djoum, Buaben and a right back in midfield. That would be a start.

If we didn't start the match with Cowie and Buaben we wouldn't have a midfield at all, our midfield is got to be one of the weakest in the league IMO.

The position I would most like new signing in.

Francis Albert

Not as bad as I feared and the upside is Levein won't be tempted to give the job to Daly in line with the "model". Certainly can't be faulted for effort. But we desperately need a goalkeeper and some creativity in midfield and in Walker's apparent exile some width. As we have for three transfer windows and counting.

Jammy the whole formation/style will be scrapped if they bring in an "experienced" manager anyway Cathro was trying to get mediocre, in some instances guff, players to do things that are completely beyond them. Unless we see a barrowload of further moves in the transfer window (both in and out) he is going tone very limited as to how we can play. We have no width, little pace and few left sided players. We have no dynamic midfielders and even our options up front are limited. In short a much more aggressive style is going to be required to at least compete. Formations, tactics and style are not going to be at the head of the list, becoming at least competitive is.

We have signed players to play 3-4-3

We'll have real problems IMO if our new manager doesn't want to play some sort of close variant of that

If our new manager is good at it then it's a good formation - ask Chelsea fans

Yes we still have time to buy new players but from what I can see not much ****ing spare cash.

Not as bad as I feared and the upside is Levein won't be tempted to give the job to Daly in line with the "model". Certainly can't be faulted for effort. But we desperately need a goalkeeper and some creativity in midfield and in Walker's apparent exile some width. As we have for three transfer windows and counting.

Effort?

Maybe but where?

Celtic had nobody in their faces for the whole game from what I saw

If folk think we'd magically turn into a team that can perform or look like we give a shit within a week, then you're gullible. It will take time and a lot of team bonding to up the morale and that's once the new head coach comes in. I expected at least a 3 goal to nil score line today, not sure why folk would think any different. The seethe and anger on here is just embarrassing.

I'm not a defeatist but cmon guys we all know how shite we've been recently. Onwards to next week, where we have a more realistic chance of getting a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, not accepting this common sense and realism.

Trip to Parkhead out the way early is another.

We shouldn't be feeling relieved after getting the parkhead game out the way early. We should be going there looking forward to us giving those t055ers a feckin hard game - a lot of it is getting the players fired up for these games and it clearly isn't happening.

We have signed players to play 3-4-3

We'll have real problems IMO if our new manager doesn't want to play some sort of close variant of that

If our new manager is good at it then it's a good formation - ask Chelsea fans

Yes we still have time to buy new players but from what I can see not much ******* spare cash.

Don't see us playing 3 at the back for very long at all. Think that any new manager will make significant changes quickly though given the likely timescale January will again probably see a lot of activity. Agree about the funding which is why its essential we now do whatever deals are necessary to punt Walker and Djoum. We simply must get in some quality asap.

Archived