• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

Son Of Anarchy

Peterhead changed my mind. Yesterday confirmed it. No progress at all and that both annoying and disappointing. Time to go. I still think it was brave and adventurous and wish it had been a success but we have no chance of getting anywhere other than in deeper trouble with him in charge. Bye thanks good luck elsewhere. Stats don't lie.

Edited by Son Of Anarchy

kingantti1874

I fooled you all. I'm currently listening to the Proclaimers, shooting up then heading to mass.

LOL.. When I opened the poll the intention was to gather opinion on cathro's roll as manager and manager alone.. I feel you've answered a different unintended question. Not good seeing a good jambo in a column with hibs fans..

Should have gone months ago.

We have a top 6 squad, but a head coach who will undoubtedly take us into a relegation dogfight.

I think McPhee might be worth keeping, but Budge has a big call to make regarding Levein.

The 'young, untried, coach' model needs reexamined.

Our neighbours have an experienced manager and look a different team as a result.

We all wanted Cathro to work, but it hasn't.

David McCaig

The worrying thing is that the signs were there from his very first game in the dugout!!

2 weeks earlier we had ragdolled Rangers at Tynecastle... The performance at Ibrox was as meek a surrender as you could ever wish to see. Little did we know that this would be the norm for the next 8 months!!

I'm sad to vote that I think he should go. I wanted him to succeed, but yesterday showed that we are a team in crisis. We have no energy, no flair, no passion, no game plan, no clue. Isma looked lost and completely out of condition and form. Lafferty (a good player) was left isolated the entire game, and we've completely failed to address the centre midfield problem in the two and half months since the season finished.

We're still stuck with a querulous Jamie Walker, a listless Arnauld Djoum, a pedestrian Don Cowie and a mediocre Prince Bauben.

My view on Cathro had always been 'give him a good run of game this season to give him a proper chance'.

Yesterday's performance, coupled with the Peterhead result has forced me to reassess that opinion.

I hope the club do the right thing now and release Cathro, but retain the services of Austin McPhee. This job was too big and came too soon for Cathro, a person who I still have great respect for. We need to make the decision now so that we give whoever it is that comes in time to make his own changes.

I think Craig Levein must also have his position re-examined. That's been three disastrous windows in a row. I don't know the names of the two Dunfermline wide men yesterday but they were fitter, faster and much more skilful than our guys. Our signings haven't been good enough. We are one-paced and lacking in any ideas. His next manager needs to be proven; Archibald at Partick would be a good choice imo. We can't afford to take on another complete rookie at this stage.

Spot on with all points, BB.

allystrachan

About time he was ditched. The fans have back the club with a crazy amount of money over the past few years. The club need to listen to the fans here!

Have never voted for him to go before now. Sadly the experiment has failed. I was prepared to give him time but I'm seeing absolutely no improvement, even with better players and a complete inability to manage a game when things aren't going well. (Which is pretty much every game). Talks a good game has great ideas, is very well thought of in football I get it all but it's a results business and his record is nothing short of appalling.

I really wanted him to succeed but with every poor result, and lets be honest there have been a few he is damaging his reputation as well as that of the club.

He was a risk worth taking IMO but it hasn't worked.

The "system" has given us 1 successful manager and 1 failure. What now? Who knows but there has to be change and soon

Hibs are vermin, loathed them my entire life, used to watch Benny Brazil wandering down the road in Balerno to catch the bus in full Hibs Pukta tracksuit pissing myself laughing. I won't go anywhere near their Shithole of a stadium for fear of catching a disease. The Cup Final 5-1 was probably the best day of my entire life.

The Spurs away game was a fantastic day out as well and incidently a day out where you asked me if I could get you tickets, I've also had a pint with you in the old Robbos with your mate Victorian. I was of course wearing my Hearts top and not a disgusting shade of Green. Will that suffice Simon ?

You try too hard.

Also it is against rules to post names on here.

Edited by i8hibsh

I've never been a fan of IC and while I respected the views of those who thought he should be given a chance, it's clear that he has lost the dressing room and now the fan base. It's now all about damage limitation and we need to act quickly to get an experienced manager in otherwise we are looking at bottom six finish. CL wouldn't be my first choice or even my second but maybe he has to step up to the mark for the first few games and try to steady the team.

Amnesty for all name callers and those who wanted Cathro to stay, some of whom were clinging to the hope that he would turn into a Fergie. That was not for me but fair do's. As Hearts fans we have to all want the best for the club and most can see that isn't Cathro.

You try too hard.

Also it is against rules to post names on here.

It's also against the rules to troll.

You have been trolling me for days now and making yourself look a right dick in the process.

I hoped that was the end of it but I fear not.

He can't stay now. It's a shame it hasn't worked out and I don't think there was abutting wrong with trying something this ambitious but there are no signs it's getting any better even with the change in policy on signings. The biggest worry for me is not lack of motivation it's lack of being able to adapt tactics in games. That has surprised me tbh as I expected him to be good at that and he's not.

Levein has questions to answer on his management of the playing staff as well although I wouldn't be ripping up the model at this stage.

He has made good players look like they wouldn't get a game for dunfermline or Peterhead. New players come in and look good for a game or two then loose it. Some of the Jan signings may have been good under someone else. We are lucky teams are still looking at walker or djoum. We need someone to get players overachieving not the opposite .

tartofmidlothian

I really wanted him to succeed and was ready to write off last season, but a complete squad overhaul and a pre-season of his own have led to one of our most atrocious, embarrassing cup results ever. Time for a change, I think, this squad is well worth a European place.

ToadKiller Dog

Has been a dead man walking since the Hibs cup game and really should have went at the split last season ,but I grudgingly accepted the clubs choice to give him a bit longer .

The club board got it wrong .

The club now have no choice but to remove him this Monday ,the playing side is damaged to drag it on could well be terminal for this season .

The man who has presided over this debacle and allowed this situation to go on for months longer than it should have, is culpable. Mr Levein has treated the supporters with contempt, failing to communicate with us when it was clear his experiment had failed months a go.

The club was a laughing stock last season, the club is being ridiculed this season by so called professionals and the like. We were in a crisis last season, some could not or did not want to admit it, we were a mess then more so now. 

Mr Levein eventually made a statement, backing his philosophy of bringing through and developing young coaches and made reference to bringing in another want to be coach when Cathro eventually moves on.

When is the penny going to drop, Mr Levein has to be held to account, the transfer policy, terms of contracts handed out to below average players etc. Ann Budge has to act now and remove Mr Levein's autonomy of all football related duties.

Again are we really surprised that we have not heard a peep from the club regarding this farce, it is shocking the way the supporters are being treated, IMO.

I was (am) desperate for Cathro to succeed but that ship has sailed. Has to go for the obvious damage and malaise that's running through our club just now and also from his own point of view; the longer he stays, the more of a laughing stock he becomes

The man who has presided over this debacle and allowed this situation to go on for months longer than it should have, is culpable. Mr Levein has treated the supporters with contempt, failing to communicate with us when it was clear his experiment had failed months a go.

The club was a laughing stock last season, the club is being ridiculed this season by so called professionals and the like. We were in a crisis last season, some could not or did not want to admit it, we were a mess then more so now.

Mr Levein eventually made a statement, backing his philosophy of bringing through and developing young coaches and made reference to bringing in another want to be coach when Cathro eventually moves on.

When is the penny going to drop, Mr Levein has to be held to account, the transfer policy, terms of contracts handed out to below average players etc. Ann Budge has to act now and remove Mr Levein's autonomy of all football related duties.

Again are we really surprised that we have not heard a peep from the club regarding this farce, it is shocking the way the supporters are being treated, IMO.

Top post

brunoatemyhamster

LOL.. When I opened the poll the intention was to gather opinion on cathro's roll as manager and manager alone.. I feel you've answered a different unintended question. Not good seeing a good jambo in a column with hibs fans..

Totally feel the majority on this one. Just seems like another stupid decision i going to come back and bite us in the wallet. Cathro could be a young Alex Miller but his times run out at Tynecastle. I think we'll regret this but something has to change sharpish.

The man who has presided over this debacle and allowed this situation to go on for months longer than it should have, is culpable. Mr Levein has treated the supporters with contempt, failing to communicate with us when it was clear his experiment had failed months a go.

The club was a laughing stock last season, the club is being ridiculed this season by so called professionals and the like. We were in a crisis last season, some could not or did not want to admit it, we were a mess then more so now.

Mr Levein eventually made a statement, backing his philosophy of bringing through and developing young coaches and made reference to bringing in another want to be coach when Cathro eventually moves on.

When is the penny going to drop, Mr Levein has to be held to account, the transfer policy, terms of contracts handed out to below average players etc. Ann Budge has to act now and remove Mr Levein's autonomy of all football related duties.

Good post.

Skippy Doodle

I understand the current mood amongst supporters (although I do not condone name calling and personal insults) I too get frustrated at the end of games like everyone else I just feel sorry for the lad and believe he deserves the full 12 months for a proper stab at it. For me it is CL who needs to look at his current strategy. It was clear from offset that Cathro did not have a good gauge on Scottish football and how to best set up your team in this league. His ambition for players far outweighs our wage structure

Independence

Does anyone know how much it will take to get rid of Cathro?

No manager resigns nowadays . Why would they? They all want the dosh as anyone would.

Rather than cancelling my subscription to FoH I would be willing to increase my donation if it was used to pay this regime off. I also know a few who would join the FoH to assist with this.

ford donald

If you voted stay and you're a hearts fan then get on the phone to the doctor first thing Monday morning. Cheers.

And make sure he is a qualified Psychatrist

This. We now find ourselves back in 2006 , Where Craig is Vlad. There were rumours of this problem with Robbie, problems surfaced under Cathro. We are going to make another costly mistake if CL picks whos next. The buck should stop at the director of football.

I see you still haven't stated this drop in form from Newcastle when there wasn't one.

sandylejambo

There you go Mods, some of the scumm that have been infesting this board are now in clear site,,, unless any of them are called Mrs Cathro

David McCaig

Totally feel the majority on this one. Just seems like another stupid decision i going to come back and bite us in the wallet. Cathro could be a young Alex Miller but his times run out at Tynecastle. I think we'll regret this but something has to change sharpish.

A young Alex Miller!!!!!

No manager resigns nowadays . Why would they? They all want the dosh as anyone would.

Rather than cancelling my subscription to FoH I would be willing to increase my donation if it was used to pay this regime off. I also know a few who would join the FoH to assist with this.

Probably whatever we get for Walker lol.

Disastrous all round this nightmare. I fear he'll get the next 4 games as they're away from home so the heats off to a certain extent regarding pressure at home. Should be looking forward to the game v the sheep celebrating our new stand and how far we have came. Instead I fear we will have zero points and still Cathro in the dugout.

kingantti1874

Kind of thinking he should get one last chance in the league itself, but hard to see it working out. The players simply aren't good enough to make the system he wants to play work. Would maybe have been a success at Celtic because they do have good enough players, but every other club in Scotland I reckon it wouldn't work out. He should have stayed in Portugal or Spain, how they do things there is more suited to him.

So Robbies team weren't good enough, the January team weren't good enough, and the players we've just signed aren't good enough.. Not good enough to beat Dunfermline at home of part time plumbers and shelf stacker from Peterhead.ok then mate.. You never though his ideas and his system (or complete lack ofbecause let's face it out players look permanently confused..) is the problem..

David McCaig

If Craig Levein takes on the Manager's role it costs us nothing in real terms to bin Cathro.

brunoatemyhamster

I see you still haven't stated this drop in form from Newcastle when there wasn't one.

I see you still haven't stated where i said he was the brains behind Benitez . Never mind. They won 9  in 10 before he took over at Hearts. they

then lost 3 and drew 1 of the next 7 . 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

I'm desperate for IC to succeed so I want to see how we start in the league.

If things continue to go South then I'll be reviewing my stance.

kingantti1874

How much has cathro's failurs in the cup cost us.. A good run in the league cup is probably worth over half a million a season.. A run to the final over a million.. Scottish Cup is probably nearer 1.5 over finishing 5th as opposed to 3rd cost us nearly half a million.. Brunoatemyhamster.. We can't afford not to sack him.

Personally I'd just put him on garden leave until he gets another job..

I wanted him to succeed but too many chances and going backward fast is not a great combo - oh and please take Levein with you,or put him in charge of academy.

Lets get a proper manager in - Leveins little experiment with our club should be binned asap before it really costs us.

Well said. I now have no time for CL. Great player but a power mad and arrogant dictator who is destroying the club from within. He knows he'll never get a well paid gig anywhere else which is why he's clinging on.

He has the opportunity of making a relatively credible and dignified exit by negotiating his way out now with Budge/Levein.

Or, he can stick it out for a few more weeks and lose all dignity and credibility and be hounded out by the fans.

The latter makes him less employable in future.