The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

I have watched Hearts since 1960, my expectations have always been realistic. Buying shares, almost being a member of the FOH 1998 club and buying a season ticket doesn't make me more of a support than anyone else BUT it does entitle me to an opinion. Like many others, I have experienced many disappointments Kilmarnock in 65, Hibs in 73, Dundee in 86 etc However, I have never really felt any anger towards our club...until now. I renewed my season ticket despite last season BUT and I say this with a heavy heart, if this is not ended by Monday, I will be at the ticket office to demand a refund on my season ticket and my FOH contributions will stop as I am not prepared to fund this CL/AB vanity project any longer!

Remember FOH isnt the club your funding the future whether AB and CL are there or not.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

Buffalo Bill

I'm sad to vote that I think he should go. I wanted him to succeed, but yesterday showed that we are a team in crisis. We have no energy, no flair, no passion, no game plan, no clue. Isma looked lost and completely out of condition and form. Lafferty (a good player) was left isolated the entire game, and we've completely failed to address the centre midfield problem in the two and half months since the season finished.

We're still stuck with a querulous Jamie Walker, a listless Arnauld Djoum, a pedestrian Don Cowie and a mediocre Prince Bauben.

My view on Cathro had always been 'give him a good run of game this season to give him a proper chance'.

Yesterday's performance, coupled with the Peterhead result has forced me to reassess that opinion.

I hope the club do the right thing now and release Cathro, but retain the services of Austin McPhee. This job was too big and came too soon for Cathro, a person who I still have great respect for. We need to make the decision now so that we give whoever it is that comes in time to make his own changes.

I think Craig Levein must also have his position re-examined. That's been three disastrous windows in a row. I don't know the names of the two Dunfermline wide men yesterday but they were fitter, faster and much more skilful than our guys. Our signings haven't been good enough. We are one-paced and lacking in any ideas. His next manager needs to be proven; Archibald at Partick would be a good choice imo. We can't afford to take on another complete rookie at this stage.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Where did i say that ? Newcastle  form did drop when he left. He was obviously doing something right at Newcastle. You dont get that position at a massive club like Newcastle at 30 year old without being brilliant as SOMETHING. Its obviously not being brilliant at head coach ill grant you, but to deny there is something there?  Thats a classic.

Define something.

You fancy a ?100 wager that I can prove beyond reasonable doubt I'm a season ticket holder at Tynecastle then ?

Seriously go take ur kids to the park mate. The fact that you are wasting your Sunday on your rivals forum is sad.

All you will do is take a picture of your Hearts supporting uncle's season ticket.

We hold all trump cards in this city just remember that. 76 more derby victories big man a'right!!

brunoatemyhamster

This will be picked up by the media..

Sorry mate My bad.. So if the poll was worded stay or go "as manager" you'd have voted go?

Yup. like ive also said, he's asking for it, but if we dont get rid of CL , we are going to have the same problems with the next appointment. Dont see the point in paying him and Mcphee off with that amount of time left on there contracts. Whatever he was doing at Newcastle, ask him if he wants to do that and see how it goes. He must be brilliant at something.

I'm sad to vote that I think he should go. I wanted him to succeed, but yesterday showed that we are a team in crisis. We have no energy, no flair, no passion, no game plan, no clue. Isma looked lost and completely out of condition and form. Lafferty (a good player) was left isolated the entire game, and we've completely failed to address the centre midfield problem in the two and half months since the season finished.

We're still stuck with a querulous Jamie Walker, a listless Arnauld Djoum, a pedestrian Don Cowie and a mediocre Prince Bauben.

My view on Cathro had always been 'give him a good run of game this season to give him a proper chance'.

Yesterday's performance, coupled with the Peterhead result has forced me to reassess that opinion.

I hope the club do the right thing now and release Cathro, but retain the services of Austin McPhee. This job was too big and came too soon for Cathro, a person who I still have great respect for. We need to make the decision now so that we give whoever it is that comes in time to make his own changes.

I think Craig Levein must also have his position re-examined. That's been three disastrous windows in a row. I don't know the names of the two Dunfermline wide men yesterday but they were fitter, faster and much more skilful than our guys. Our signings haven't been good enough. We are one-paced and lacking in any ideas. His next manager needs to be proven; Archibald at Partick would be a good choice imo. We can't afford to take on another complete rookie at this stage.

Absolutely this.

brunoatemyhamster

Define something.

Good point. lol .Whatever has got him this far in the game  without ever having kicked a ball ? Whatever got him that Jose Muirinho accent ? When i find out exactly what it is ill Tell CL and Budge.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

There is no way he can turn this round now . Trying to get a decent manager in this time of this season could be problematic. What a ****ing mess .

Yesterday was my tipping point.

Prior to that I was willing to give him the first 10 games of this season to see how he did as I felt that it was the players letting him down last season.

4 games in and there has been no change despite a couple of decent signings.  There is no rhythm to our play, we look totally disjointed and almost as though we don't know exactly what we're supposed to be doing.

That says to me that it's not the players that are responsible for this, so it must be the 'management'.

Recruitment has also been pretty poor.  There are still positions that we clearly need to address and they still haven't been filled.  Levein comes out of this looking extremely poor too and people are right to question his role in this shambles too.

IMO it's 100% time for Cathro to go and Levein had better up his game or the guns will be turned on him next.

Edited by Le Chat

The Football wasn't crap under Robbie.

It is crap now.

Thought folk would have seen that now.

It was away from home and stop kidding yourself otherwise.

Oh great Robbie, who was a defeat against Port Vale away from being entrenched deeply in the relegation zone until a late surge gave them a respectable end of season position.

Seriously go take ur kids to the park mate. The fact that you are wasting your Sunday on your rivals forum is sad.

All you will do is take a picture of your Hearts supporting uncle's season ticket.

We hold all trump cards in this city just remember that. 76 more derby victories big man a'right!!

My season ticket is the trump card I hold over you.

Hoped he'd be terminated last night.

I've been patient, prepared to give him time, willing him to succeed but there's been nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest that he's improving or in any way even finding his feet.

He has to go.

And if Levein's presence is going to be a barrier to appointing a head coach worthy of Heart of Midlothian then he MUST go too.

Skivingatwork

I hope the club do the right thing now and release Cathro, but retain the services of Austin McPhee. This job was too big and came too soon for Cathro, a person who I still have great respect for. We need to make the decision now so that we give whoever it is that comes in time to make his own changes.

I think Craig Levein must also have his position re-examined. That's been three disastrous windows in a row. I don't know the names of the two Dunfermline wide men yesterday but they were fitter, faster and much more skilful than our guys. Our signings haven't been good enough. We are one-paced and lacking in any ideas. His next manager needs to be proven; Archibald at Partick would be a good choice imo. We can't afford to take on another complete rookie at this stage.

A good summation.

It is more than that if you delete the Hibees votes.

Pribably i8. I was all giving him until the first round of fixtures at least by feck that now. Hes done!

Allowayjambo1874

I hope the club do the right thing now and release Cathro, but retain the services of Austin McPhee. This job was too big and came too soon for Cathro, a person who I still have great respect for. We need to make the decision now so that we give whoever it is that comes in time to make his own changes.

I think Craig Levein must also have his position re-examined. That's been three disastrous windows in a row. I don't know the names of the two Dunfermline wide men yesterday but they were fitter, faster and much more skilful than our guys. Our signings haven't been good enough. We are one-paced and lacking in any ideas. His next manager needs to be proven; Archibald at Partick would be a good choice imo. We can't afford to take on another complete rookie at this stage.

Curious to know why we are keeping McPhee, surely he is part of the problem?

My season ticket is the trump card I hold over you.

How would you know I don't have a season ticket?

Cat Stevens

The job is too big for him at this time. Not his fault. He's been hung out to dry by Levein, his mentor. I don't doubt he's a good coach but he needs to drop a few levels to learn what to do on a match day.

Glamorous Glue

If / when he does go then MacPhee and the rest of the coaching staff have to as well. All part of the problem.

Simply moving MacPhee up one place will make no difference at all.

Yesterday was my tipping point.

Prior to that I was willing to give him the first 10 games of this season to see how he did as I felt that it was the players letting him down last season.

4 games in and there has been no change despite a couple of decent signings.  There is no rhythm to our play, we look totally disjointed and almost as though we don't know exactly what we're supposed to be doing.

That says to me that it's not the players that are responsible for this, so it must be the 'management'.

Recruitment has also been pretty poor.  There are still positions that we clearly need to address and they still haven't been filled.  Levein comes out of this looking extremely poor too and people are right to question his role in this shambles too.

IMO it's 100% time for Cathro to go and Levein had better up his game or the guns will be turned on him next.

Spot on!

How would you know I don't have a season ticket?

I'm your mate remember.

You emailed me remember.

Interested to know why you have 'great respect' for Cathro BB - for me he has shown the fans complete and utter contempt with his drivel and arrogant comments. Did you see his interview yesterday? Bizarre that you Respect him

I was one that defended him last season and wanted him to get time. I still think that was the right thing to do.

However, his time is most definitely up. It hasn't worked and the club MUST act now.

I am glad that we tried something a bit different. By all accounts a very highly rated coach and we didn't let the likes of Boyd and the Scottish football dinosaurs persuade us otherwise.

They were not right here, it hasn't worked, not because Cathro is young or hasn't played at the game. It hasn't worked because he has not been up to it.

He has to go now. As much as I think he was an appointment worth making and we were right not to take the good football man route, failure to bite the bullet now, will make us an absolute shambles. Budge & Levein showed when they first came in, that they can be completely ruthless for the good of the club. They must do it again.

Otherwise I do fear for this season.

I've voted go. It's obvious that he's lost the dressing room as well as the fans. That is an impossible position within which to operate.

Neilson's Shank

I voted stay, said that Robbie s players could not adapt to his style. We have had a massive player turnover and quite simply cannot get other players in and out if we change coaches. Very poor performances but hopefully the players will get the kick up the arse they need after this.

Personally i want Craig to go more than Cathro. Cathro is only a coach and is a front for that twat. Cathro is not the type of manager we need we need someone with balls not a puppet  :veryangry:

Buffalo Bill

Curious to know why we are keeping McPhee, surely he is part of the problem?

I think he's a handy bloke to have around. 

Interested to know why you have 'great respect' for Cathro BB - for me he has shown the fans complete and utter contempt with his drivel and arrogant comments. Did you see his interview yesterday? Bizarre that you Respect him

That's my personal opinion. It doesn't really need to be justified.

Bazzas right boot

It was away from home and stop kidding yourself otherwise.

Oh great Robbie, who was a defeat against Port Vale away from being entrenched deeply in the relegation zone until a late surge gave them a respectable end of season position.

Our away form was best since 06.

Portable.. wtf.

Anyway, of topic. The results, wins, goals etc say otherwise about our play under Robbie.

Likewise, they tell us our form is poor now.

kingantti1874

The fact Cathro is in double figures is quite tragic in itself.

Look at the post counts (4,0 etc) , the donations and subscriptions from the yes voters.. Only brunoatemyhamster and Neilson are safe from doubt. The rest..?

kingantti1874

Our away form was best since 06.

Portable.. wtf.

Anyway, of topic. The results, wins, goals etc say otherwise about our play under Robbie.

Likewise, they tell us our form is poor now.

Stop going on about Robbie for **** sake.. Take it to another thread.. It's irrelevant

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I have no axe to grind with Cathro personally. He has tried his best in a job he patently isn't qualified or experienced enough to hold. In fact I respect him for believing in his abilities and taking up the challenge. I suspect he may in time develop into a decent manager in his own right. 

However, for the good of the club he has to go. Its time to bring in experience; an authoritative presence whom the egos of the dressing room will respect and be prepared to run through a brick will for. Its patently obvious the players are not motivated and cannot function in the current formation and style. Unfortunately that leads me to believe that Austin must go as well. Which is a real shame as he seems bright and forward-thinking but he represents the current way of thinking which needs a total overhaul.

brunoatemyhamster

Personally i want Craig to go more than Cathro. Cathro is only a coach and is a front for that twat. Cathro is not the type of manager we need we need someone with balls not a puppet  :veryangry:

This. We now find ourselves back in 2006 , Where Craig is Vlad. There were rumours of this problem with Robbie, problems surfaced under Cathro. We are going to make another costly mistake if CL picks whos next. The buck should stop at the director of football.

My real fear is this shit is going to linger on until it's too late.Bottom after 4 games with 2 points at best then another defeat to Aberdeen we then stoat on for another 6 or 7 games becoming adrift at the bottom.Action needs to happen now.

I'm your mate remember.

You emailed me remember.

Some questions you hate answering in real life:

Who has won more trophies Hearts or Hibs?

Who on average has finished higher past 140 years?

Who has won far more derbies?

Answer these questions and slag off Hibs please. Do it right here.

Gordon Ramsay

All this pish about keeping MacPhee.

Get them all out, every part of the Cathro regime must go. They are all part of the problem.

Levein can go too but I realise there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

The footballing side of the club is a total mess.

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Look at the post counts (4,0 etc) , the donations and subscriptions from the yes voters.. Only brunoatemyhamster and Neilson are safe from doubt. The rest..?

How can you see who has voted, if you don't mind me asking?

isma_goncalves

His time is up I'm afraid, I really wanted him to succeed to prove the likes of Boyd and Craigan wrong. Enough is enough though damage limitations and all that.

Some questions you hate answering in real life:

Who has won more trophies Hearts or Hibs?

Who on average has finished higher past 140 years?

Who has won far more derbies?

Answer these questions and slag off Hibs please. Do it right here.

Hibs are vermin, loathed them my entire life, used to watch Benny Brazil wandering down the road in Balerno to catch the bus in full Hibs Pukta tracksuit pissing myself laughing. I won't go anywhere near their Shithole of a stadium for fear of catching a disease. The Cup Final 5-1 was probably the best day of my entire life.

The Spurs away game was a fantastic day out as well and incidently a day out where you asked me if I could get you tickets, I've also had a pint with you in the old Robbos with your mate Victorian. I was of course wearing my Hearts top and not a disgusting shade of Green. Will that suffice Simon ?

Kind of thinking he should get one last chance in the league itself, but hard to see it working out. The players simply aren't good enough to make the system he wants to play work. Would maybe have been a success at Celtic because they do have good enough players, but every other club in Scotland I reckon it wouldn't work out. He should have stayed in Portugal or Spain, how they do things there is more suited to him.

brunoatemyhamster

I fooled you all. I'm currently listening to the Proclaimers, shooting up then heading to mass.