The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

David McCaig

I had been prepared to give Cathro time and wait until he had put his own squad together and then judge him.

After yesterday it is now clear that it isn't working and decisive action needs to be taken now.

To wait until Christmas may be too late because I am beginning to really fear that we could be in a relegation dogfight this year, unless things dramatically turn around, which I just don't see at present.

I've nothing against Cathro, but the guy is completely out of his depth, his idea's may work in time, however I think Hearts are just too big a club for him right now.

This time next week we will be bottom of the Premier League and that is where we will stay until either Cathro is sacked or we begin life in the Championship!!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• David McCaig

The question will be is Ann Budge listening to the supporters who the club belongs too. I believe when someone like Cathro loses the fans it's time for him to go. This anger the fans are feeling will only get worse until Cathro and probably Levein get their P45. If Ann fails to listen to the fans i wouldn't care to think of the well being of the club.

Bazzas right boot

The football was crap under Robbie and it has got a lot worse under IC

We need a complete change in the management structure at Tynecastle

The Football wasn't crap under Robbie.

It is crap now.

Thought folk would have seen that now.

I'm with the good Doctor on this one. There's currently 3 votes for him staying. would imagine each of those people are currently furiously ###### over their San Giro season ticket at our current self inflicted predicament.

Cathro's position is completely untenable - he has to go asap to give us any hope of saving our season, though I have a horrible feeling he's left us with some dire signings & the squad is weak & unbalanced. That's probably another reason he has to be sacked.

HHGH - FTH.

I think there is a fair amount of quality in the squad and that a good manager could work with it. Not cathro obviously. If we are 2 years away from having a steady stream of first team ready young players then we have to have a proper manager at least until then to steady the ship and project coach has to go on hold. New man should be directly reporting to the board not to Levein. If Levein's ego can't handle this he can go too. FTH

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

It doesn't seem like Cathrine has the required management skills to command the respect and fear - yes fear- of the players. It might be legitimate to also question the application and professionalism of those players but this has for now at least become secondary.

I wonder if he is just too clever in a way for us - he has got us set up playing a way that only works if you have very very good players. We don't. I was thinking that he surely couldn't have made such a basic mistake until I remembered that he is the same age as my daft wee brother and it is his first management job. If he has been allowed to be that naive then CL should resign too.

Getintaethem

7 wins in 30 games (two of them against east fife and Elgin). That's relegation material. Hoped he would do well, but find him uninspiring and his tactics flawed. Time to go. Levien needs to stop hiding behind puppets and put himself in the dugout, his master plan isn't working.

Jordan votes stay!!

I hope the mods will do a mass scale cull. These idiots have not clicked it is public. Someone even deleted their No vote. Obviously just realised.

Bazzas right boot

If folk think he can turn it around, fair enough.

Had we won yesterday, he'd have bought more time with me.

I just can't see a way back after the LC shambles.. a win a Celtic?

Anyone who votes stay better be able to sensibly justify it on here.

Failing that they can get punted. :rofl:

Yesterday it was the players who made major mistakes , slips, poor thought when crossing and the miss of the season what could Cathro do about that.

David McCaig

Counter productive post IMO

Possibly but all it takes is a plausible explanation ala Brunoatemyhamster.

Personally, I liked the option of the poll being secretly public and the results being wikileaked.

A_A wehatethehibs

Yesterday it was the players who made major mistakes , slips, poor thought when crossing and the miss of the season what could Cathro do about that.

Have you been under a rock for the last 8 months of nightmarish football hell, this is not about yesterday.

Bazzas right boot

I hope the mods will do a mass scale cull. These idiots have not clicked it is public. Someone even deleted their No vote. Obviously just realised.

Your Which hunt is sad.

Voting stay doesn't automatically make you hibs.

Using that logic, folk who wanted Robbie punted are also Hibs, as it could be argued they were the catalyst for this mess.

brunoatemyhamster

Fair enough but that sounds like a vote for go rather than leave.

Im at that stage now. Tried to give him time, but he's asking for it now.  Hes got 2 plus years left. Why pay them off when we could still uses them. There's more going on behind the scenes for sure and he's taking all off the flack , only some justified.

David McCaig

And Peterhead, Easter Road, Firhill etc etc.

As I said yesterday, when fit, Buaben has been an ever present for Cathro that in itself is a reason for being sacked.

Stephen Muddie

Possibly but all it takes is a plausible explanation ala Brunoatemyhamster.

Personally, I liked the option of the poll being secretly public and the results being wikileaked.

We could've caught hundreds. We could've had a feast.

You made too much bush noise. I'm hungry

It is crap now.

The football was absolutely awful under Robbie. Some of those away performances were eye-bleeding.

Just because Cathro is awful, doesn't make Robbie great. He was for his firsts season then it was downhill from there.

It is crap now.

It was good in the Championship i will give you that

But crap since promotion

Bazzas right boot

You have a point, but it's about everything and ultimately finishing behind Dunfermline and Peterhead.

For some reason, everything goes wrong.

Players slip.

Striker's make poor decisions.

Poor miss's

A bit unlucky, perhaps. Dunfermline scored there only real two chances ( they were half chances at that as well).

It's mind boggling, we miss, seem to work hard for our goals and the opposition score, almost at will.

Soft as shite in the middle

Out the LC before august after last year's league form?

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

Your Which hunt is sad.

Using that logic, folk who wanted Robbie punted are also Hibs, as it could be argued they were the catalyst for this mess.

Voting stay doesn't make you a vermin but it does justify a wee check on posting history. Only trolls, vermin and a very small proportion of Hearts fans wil vote this way.

David McCaig

Im at that stage now. Tried to give him time, but he's asking for it now. Hes got 2 plus years left. Why pay them off when we could still uses them. There's more going on behind the scenes for sure and he's taking all off the flack , only some justified.

I agree with you, but I'm sure that a demotion would count as constructive dismissal unless Cathro agreed to it.

Im at that stage now. Tried to give him time, but he's asking for it now.  Hes got 2 plus years left. Why pay them off when we could still uses them. There's more going on behind the scenes for sure and he's taking all off the flack , only some justified.

If he goes he goes, no demotions or anything like that, if you think it's a good idea to keep this guy in charge and watch us sleep walk into another disastrous season then fair enough.

Your Which hunt is sad.

Robbie Neilson was 100x better than Cathro. Anyone wanting Cathro to stay is Hibs or mentally unstable.

Your Which hunt is sad.

Ffs Oliver Twist is my pal I know him. He is a Hibee who utterly despises us. Ffs he refers to us as Hertz on here and calls himself the same name as the world's most famous beggar who wants more just like (in his words) our club asking the fans.

Sorry I've seen enough now to realise this coming season will be a disaster with Cathro in charge.

I have watched Hearts since 1960, my expectations have always been realistic. Buying shares, almost being a member of the FOH 1998 club and buying a season ticket doesn't make me more of a support than anyone else BUT it does entitle me to an opinion. Like many others, I have experienced many disappointments Kilmarnock in 65, Hibs in 73, Dundee in 86 etc However, I have never really felt any anger towards our club...until now. I renewed my season ticket despite last season BUT and I say this with a heavy heart, if this is not ended by Monday, I will be at the ticket office to demand a refund on my season ticket and my FOH contributions will stop as I am not prepared to fund this CL/AB vanity project any longer!

Yesterday the players lacked motivation until the last 10 minutes.

They played with no shape.

They played with no cohesion.

They played with no ideas.

They were slow.

Most of the mistakes came from a lack of focus or composure.

Cathro was completely unable to change it when things were going wrong.

And that is one ****ing game. I could write the same another 25 times.

Newcastles form dropped :lol: that's an utter belter, I'll give you that :lol:

It's a classic, Ian Cathro was the main man behind everything good at Newcastle, not Champions League, Europa league and la Liga winning manager Benitez, it all hinged on a wee ill looking ginger guy from Dundee behind the scenes.

brunoatemyhamster

If he goes he goes, no demotions or anything like that, if you think it's a good idea to keep this guy in charge and watch us sleep walk into another disastrous season then fair enough.

Where did i say i wanted him in charge ?

Bazzas right boot

Ffs Oliver Twist is my pal I know him. He is a Hibee who utterly despises us. Ffs he refers to us as Hertz on here and calls himself the same name as the world's most famous beggar who wants more just like (in his words) our club asking the fans.

Fair enough. Still not everyone that votes stay will be hibs.

Tell his name to the mods then and get him punted if that's the case.

Please do the honerable thing Ian. Time to resign & dont listen to Ann & Craigs refusal to accept. Time to walk son.

kingantti1874

Where did i say i wanted him in charge ?

When you voted for him to stay? No problem with genuine hearts fans having this view BTW.. But I'd bet there will be less this time around..

It's a classic, Ian Cathro was the main man behind everything good at Newcastle, not Champions League, Europa league and la Liga winning manager Benitez, it all hinged on a wee ill looking ginger guy from Dundee behind the scenes.

:lol: Jonjo Shelvey and Dwight Gayle inconsolable in the dressing room when they hear the news :lol:

Tell his name to the mods then and get him punted if that's the case.

The mods are fully aware.

brunoatemyhamster

Where did i say that ? Newcastle  form did drop when he left. He was obviously doing something right at Newcastle. You dont get that position at a massive club like Newcastle at 30 year old without being brilliant as SOMETHING. Its obviously not being brilliant at head coach ill grant you, but to deny there is something there?  Thats a classic.

I think "it's not in his nature to lead" is right. Some people are just not cut out for managing a football team. Sadly because he clearly has intelligence and talent, but if the team doesn't perform, and is certainly isn't, then he has too go asap.

I think that just about covers it for me.

Thing is I think we are only a decent midfielder and a goalkeeper away from being a good side.

All is not lost there is still about five weeks of the transfer window left. Enough time to offload the remainder of the dross and time for PETER HOUSTON to shape his squad.

We have to act immediately though.

brunoatemyhamster

When you voted for him to stay? No problem with genuine hearts fans having this view BTW.. But I'd bet there will be less this time around..

Jesus. read the explination i gave for voting Yes. The question was " DO YOU WANT CATHRO TO STAY " not " DO YOU WANT CATHRO TO BE IN CHARGE NEXT SEASON ".   

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Sirgay like slavering.

Where did i say that ? Newcastle form did drop when he left. He was obviously doing something right at Newcastle. You dont get that position at a massive club like Newcastle at 30 year old without being brilliant as SOMETHING. Its obviously not being brilliant at head coach ill grant you, but to deny there is something there? Thats a classic.

They won 4-0 2-0 and 2-1 as soon as he left. Infact they lost two games in two months after he left and won about 10.

One things for sure OUR form dropped when he came in here.

Edited by JJ1984

kingantti1874

This will be picked up by the media..

Jesus. read the explination i gave for voting Yes.

Sorry mate My bad.. So if the poll was worded stay or go "as manager" you'd have voted go?

The mods are fully aware.

You fancy a ?100 wager that I can prove beyond reasonable doubt I'm a season ticket holder at Tynecastle then ?