"wooden" flooring

IronJambo

The cheap shit laminate in my flat has to go as I'm getting fed up with unsightly chips appearing in it. Anyone know how much you need to spend on stuff that'll last? All I can find is real or engineered wood at ?25+ per sqm. Is this the route I need to take?

Howdens v groove is pretty good.

This and magnet equivalent.

Do your downstairs neebs a favour and get carpet.

This and magnet equivalent.

Do your downstairs neebs a favour and get carpet.

Thankfully the sound insulation is such that it doesn't matter.

I'd much prefer a carpet but the flooring flows seemlessly from the hall to my living room and into the kitchen area and I'm not splitting it in any way. Hence the stupidly big area I'm covering. That aside, I wouldn't have carpets throughout because of my two year old. My bedrooms are carpeted and my bathrooms are tiled.

Howdens v groove is pretty good.

Looks decent. Shame they don't display prices.

Harry Potter

wooden flooring is like most things, get what you pay for, the cheap stuff good for bathrooms , expensive for the living room.

Space Mackerel

wooden flooring is like most things, get what you pay for, the cheap stuff good for bathrooms , expensive for the living room.

Better putting down something that's resistant in moisture in kitchen and bathrooms. They generally cost a wee bit more.

Labels on boxes tell you if the product is suitable.

Harry Potter

Better putting down something that's resistant in moisture in kitchen and bathrooms. They generally cost a wee bit more.

Labels on boxes tell you if the product is suitable.

true.

I've got an account. I'll get you a price if you tell me what you want. I'm too busy to fit it till September but don't mind supplying it.

Cruyff Turn

It's trade only but some of them can be a bit lax.

Howdens v groove is the best laminate though. Tbh I don't use anywhere else really except Howdens and anyone I've worked for has always used Howdens.

I've got an account. I'll get you a price if you tell me what you want. I'm too busy to fit it till September but don't mind supplying it.

Won't be doing it for another 12 months or so but I like to have a decent idea of what I'm looking at. Don't think you'd want to fit it for me, Berkshire would be a bit of a stretch for you.

Won't be doing it for another 12 months or so but I like to have a decent idea of what I'm looking at. Don't think you'd want to fit it for me, Berkshire would be a bit of a stretch for you.

Ha! Maybe a bit too far. I can still get you a price. Might help with your plans.

Ha! Maybe a bit too far. I can still get you a price. Might help with your plans.

It's a'right chief, I'm budgeting up to ?30 sqm and whatever I do will need to fit into that anyway. I'm not going to be spending silly money on it.

It's a'right chief, I'm budgeting up to ?30 sqm and whatever I do will need to fit into that anyway. I'm not going to be spending silly money on it.

No problem mate.

Budgie's Boyfriend

The wife is wanting the living room and kitchen done , probably about 25m2 , I was going to go to B&Q or Wickes , are Howdens etc a lot cheaper?

dalkeithjambo

We maybe took the slightly risky method of ordering our solid wood flooring online.

We did look at the usual local places like B&Q etc but did not find anything suitable.

However, we are very happy with the floor we had ordered and fitted in our living room/bottom of stair.

http://www.ukflooringdirect.co.uk

Archived