Phil Anderton Interview

footieman

Building up Burley. Top man.

Great motivation skills.

Great with dealing with players.

Charisma that you cant help liking.

Impressive in the Hearts interview. Knew all about the club when it was conducted. Players, history and training ground.

Couple of digs at Romanov...

Burley does not stand for meddling from above.

It was clear that he can get everyone moving in the same direction, everyone wanted the best for Hearts. Well he hopes almost everyone at Hearts....

Burley does not stand for meddling from above.

Wait until he is told to pick players from the old-firm (or rest them in friendlies). :(

portobellojambo1

Be interesting to see if he tries to destroy Scotland like he single handedly tried to destroy Hearts. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see if he tries to destroy Scotland like he single handedly tried to destroy Hearts. :rolleyes:

He's probably perusing photos of Gordon Smith's nieces over a glass of Glenfarclas right now.

I firmly believe that Hearts are still reaping the benefit of Phil Anderton's short stay and the level of interest and expectation which he managed to develop during it, even 2 years+ later.

Wait until he is told to pick players from the old-firm (or rest them in friendlies). :(

Double barrel for Vlad.Webster and Elvis in Burley's 1st squad.:)

portobellojambo1
I firmly believe that Hearts are still reaping the benefit of Phil Anderton's short stay and the level of interest and expectation which he managed to develop during it, even 2 years+ later.

I wasn't talking about Phil Anderton ibpc. I was talking about George Burley. You are preaching to the wrong person with regard to PA and GB, I consider them possibly the two best signings we have made in years, one was dismissed for overspending his marketing budget, despite not actually being told what his budget was, the other was dismissed, I believe the quote that was used by the young glaikit one (i.e. son of Romanov), because he was destroying the club.

And I agree with you totally, PA did a superb job for the club, as did Burley.

He's probably perusing photos of Gordon Smith's nieces over a glass of Glenfarclas right now.

Can't fault his taste in whisky at least...

Can't fault his taste in whisky at least...

I was doing my best to talk him up...

I actually have him down as more of a VAT 69 guy.

:)

Archived