?14m

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

We will have raised ?14m for the new stand in four years.

This is over ?3m a season.

Once it is up an running and paid for, will we be spending similar, but on the team?

We won't have a capital projects, so do you reckon there will be quite a significant increase in the playing side.

A extra ?1-?2m is massive in Scottish football terms.

When my student loan was up, I bought a motorbike, will we be doing similar!

Bazzas right boot

Yes.

:)

We'll have our first ?1m signing!

Imo, we can get on top of ranger's if we do spend a significant amount extra on the team, establish ourselves as the main contender to Celtic, for what's that worth.

Once it is up an running and paid for, will we be spending similar, but on the team?

We won't have a capital projects, so do you reckon there will be quite a significant increase in the playing side.

Once all the infrastructure is in place, the additional funds raised through FOH will be an absolute game changer for us. I genuinely think us and Scottish football haven't quite twigged how much of a difference this could make.

What we're doing at the moment, improving the ground, other income flows, improving the youth team, once that's all properly in place in a year or two, I think we'll all be very, very surprised and delighted with exactly what we can actually achieve.

The future is very, very, very much maroon. I'm confident that, as things stand, the only club that will be able to compete with us (and likely, still pump us silly) is Celtic.

Tynecastlesmychurch

We definitely need a motor bike or two. :)

Wed certainly be the most pacey team in the league!

Budge has already put a down payment on a Harley for herself and Levein.

An extra 1-2m is significant in Scottish terms, you are right.

Unfortunately it still leaves us way behind the Glasgow pair so we need to be careful not to spend it for the sake of spending it. The chances are we still won't win anything.

Set some aside for other projects, invest further in the youth and scouting and build up cash reserves.

Bazzas right boot

We definitely need a motor bike or two. :)

Pressley was getting his license when I got mine. He was finishing up his week, I was starting mine. Shite fact for the day.

Bazzas right boot

An extra 1-2m is significant in Scottish terms, you are right.

Unfortunately it still leaves us way behind the Glasgow pair so we need to be careful not to spend it for the sake of spending it. The chances are we still won't win anything.

Set some aside for other projects, invest further in the youth and scouting and build up cash reserves.

Ranger's ATM are there for the taking.

Bazzas right boot

Build up cash reserves for about five years.

Stick it on black, double it.

Build another stand.

Can never envisage the FOH contribution monies being spent directly on player transfer fees and wages. In my opinion best to make the FOH money available for the Youth development academy and stadium maintenance/improvements. At best perhaps spend  small tranfer fees to recruit young players for our development programme. The season ticket and other income could then be totally spent on transfer fees and first team squad player and staff wages. Imagine the meltdown on JKB if millions of pounds were spent directly on transfers/wages and we had a scenario like end of last season. Such would undermine our aims for the FOH and be detrimental to our future for our much loved football club. When our commitements to Mrs Budge have been met and our new stand paid for and with continued contribution from FOH we can look forward to an exciting future. 

Can never envisage the FOH contribution monies being spent directly on player transfer fees and wages. In my opinion best to make the FOH money available for the Youth development academy and stadium maintenance/improvements. At best perhaps spend small tranfer fees to recruit young players for our development programme. The season ticket and other income could then be totally spent on transfer fees and first team squad player and staff wages. Imagine the meltdown on JKB if millions of pounds were spent directly on transfers/wages and we had a scenario like end of last season. Such would undermine our aims for the FOH and be detrimental to our future for our much loved football club. When our commitements to Mrs Budge have been met and our new stand paid for and with continued contribution from FOH we can look forward to an exciting future.

But that's the thing. At the moment, those costs are coming out of our normal running costs. With FOH funds supporting infrastructure, the money from our usual turnover that is spent on this can be diverted to the playing squad.

Seriously. Once Ms Budge and the stadium are paid off, we're looking at a stream of income that other clubs can only dream of.

Can never envisage the FOH contribution monies being spent directly on player transfer fees and wages. In my opinion best to make the FOH money available for the Youth development academy and stadium maintenance/improvements. At best perhaps spend  small tranfer fees to recruit young players for our development programme. The season ticket and other income could then be totally spent on transfer fees and first team squad player and staff wages. Imagine the meltdown on JKB if millions of pounds were spent directly on transfers/wages and we had a scenario like end of last season. Such would undermine our aims for the FOH and be detrimental to our future for our much loved football club. When our commitements to Mrs Budge have been met and our new stand paid for and with continued contribution from FOH we can look forward to an exciting future. 

I agree. Its too risky because of the potential for failed signings (osh being anothing example of pushing the boat out and being stung). I think using the FOH money to generate alternative revenue streams for the club would be a good idea (I.e to create long term stability).

It's fantastic to think what level of financial input will possibly go into the team once other aspects of the club are finalised and in place.

Of course the level of backing has to remain close to what it is just now, but I firmly believe that financial benefactors may be drawn to the club by seeing the way the supporters are backing it.

This is when the club would have a little chance to go up a level.

A_A wehatethehibs

Not to mention the boost in revenue streams from the stand itself.

By 2020 we will be well clear of Aberdeen and Hibs financially. The question is, what will happen to Rangers.

Tbh, spending that on players isn't necessarily on the top of my agenda. It's great to have it there should we get the right signing.

But, last thing we want is coach and board feeling pressured to spend money for the sake of it really.

Let's hope it's more this

two.jpg

And not this

22-dsc00094-copy.jpg

I notice the wee crappy scooter has a nice shade of hibs green. 

Perhaps indicative of their standing in Edinburgh football.

Gorgie_Rules

Also means we can stump up ?150-?200k on promising youngsters who can potentially sell on for 10 times the value further down the line.

Unfortunately rangers will always have 10s of thousand more season ticket holders which will mean significantly bigger budget, but so long as we are clever in the way we spend/invest our additional funds then no reason why we can't challenge them consistently. Will take time and patience from the fans though, season ticket sales and FoH contributions need to remain what they are currently as a minimum, which going by the 2nd half of last season, I don't see any reason why they won't.

I notice the wee crappy scooter has a nice shade of hibs green.

Perhaps indicative of their standing in Edinburgh football.

I couldn't find a maroon bike for the top picture but I'm glad someone noticed my underlying pop at the vermin.

I think just being debt free is an advantage with no mortgage/interest payments to the banks. I believe Hibs still pay quite a hefty fee to Tom Farmer. Will be interesting to see how our future contributions are spent after thr stand is paid for.

Getintaethem

We should in theory be able to pay better wages, closing the gap on the Glasgow clubs and helping to keep our better players. We should also start to see the benefits of the changes to the youth system. All in all exciting times ahead if the club continues to be run properly. The next step is reaching the group stages of the Europa cup which could add another ?3-4M to the coffers. I still think we are two our three seasons away from realising our potential.

Rudolf's Mate

Where is the 4 years / ?3 million figure coming from?

I recall reading that the aim was to achieve ?1.4m per year in first 2 years however that we'd done slightly better than that. Not sure what the actual figure is but I thought it was ?1.5m per year.

Selkirkhmfc1874

We should be in position to pay better salaries but imo we should always live within our means! Would never want to go down the administration road ever again

Lucille's Thirsty

We should in theory be able to pay better wages, closing the gap on the Glasgow clubs and helping to keep our better players. We should also start to see the benefits of the changes to the youth system. All in all exciting times ahead if the club continues to be run properly. The next step is reaching the group stages of the Europa cup which could add another ?3-4M to the coffers. I still think we are two our three seasons away from realising our potential.

That's should be our aim to qualify for the group stages it would be marvellous to get big European night at Tynie.

We should be able to live within our means and be miles ahead of hibs, Aberdeen etc.

This will still have us way behind Celtic, the only way we can bridge the gap with them is champions league football. We either need them not to get it or we need to get in - this will involve 2nd place getting a champions league spot again and god knows how far away we are to that.

Lucille's Thirsty

We should be in position to pay better salaries but imo we should always live within our means! Would never want to go down the administration road ever again

The current owner would not allow this to happen.

Bazzas right boot

Where is the 4 years / ?3 million figure coming from?

We are building a ?14m stand with no debt.

It's taken us 4 years to get that.

bean counter

I cannot see us using the FOH contributions for player wages or day to day expenditure I believe that will now always be set by our expected season ticket sales.

As o1djambo says the FOH money gives us the ability to pay small ? 250 k to ? 500 k fees to bring in quality players either for development for seasoned pros whose current clubs are looking for a small fee. Celtic do it very successfully in the ? 750 k plus price range like Wanyama and Van Dijk

I'd rather we had funds to pay a decent free transfer slightly better wages than spend a fee on someone, the first thing we need to do is get our selling right and make sure we get the right fee for our players at the right time.

I certainly wouldn't mind paying 100-200k on decent young players if we think they'll improve our team and have a decent sell on.

As a club our aim should be to qualify for the Europa league groups which I believe we could do on a regular basis, our uefa rank as a country will probably need to improve though for that to happen which I believe it will.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The ?3 million pounds is not correct. At present we have approx 8000/8500 pledgers who contribute on average about ?15 per month plus odd one off donations. A number contribute higher sums,but on average I believe this correct. You can work it out for yourselves at about ?1.4 million per annum. Without going back to look I think this figure is what the FOH account for the last three years indicate. Steady as she goes  fellow supporters.

We should be able to live within our means and be miles ahead of hibs, Aberdeen etc.

This will still have us way behind Celtic, the only way we can bridge the gap with them is champions league football. We either need them not to get it or we need to get in - this will involve 2nd place getting a champions league spot again and god knows how far away we are to that.

Champions league is impossible for us, 2nd place team in Scotland would face really good oppents as the smaller sides in the draw will probably be league champions meaning we couldn't draw them.

However Celtic improving the uefa rank would make it easier to get into the Europa league groups.

Anyone know how much extra income the new stand and its facilities will generate for us?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

The ?3 million pounds is not correct. At present we have approx 8000/8500 pledgers who contribute on average about ?15 per month plus odd one off donations. A number contribute higher sums,but on average I believe this correct. You can work it out for yourselves at about ?1.4 million per annum. Without going back to look I think this figure is what the FOH account for the last three years indicate. Steady as she goes fellow supporters.

Not talking about the foh dues.

We will have funded a ?14m project within 4 years, maybe 5.

What's interesting is that going forward some of this finance could go on the team,

johnking123

Anyone know how much extra income the new stand and its facilities will generate for us?

Three or 4 million. Possible more if in Europe.

Lucille's Thirsty

I'd rather we had funds to pay a decent free transfer slightly better wages than spend a fee on someone, the first thing we need to do is get our selling right and make sure we get the right fee for our players at the right time.

I certainly wouldn't mind paying 100-200k on decent young players if we think they'll improve our team and have a decent sell on.

As a club our aim should be to qualify for the Europa league groups which I believe we could do on a regular basis, our uefa rank as a country will probably need to improve though for that to happen which I believe it will.

:spoton:

The problem for me with this regime is that some of our younger players like Nicholson and Paterson have effectively went free,giving their talent the board must keep on top of contracts for our younger and more talented stars,when another club is interested there not going for peanuts.

IMO we could've got ?2m plus for Calum if he was tied to a long term contract but we got what ?400k it's money we can't turn down of course it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

:spoton:

The problem for me with this regime is that some of our younger players like Nicholson and Paterson have effectively went free,giving their talent the board must keep on top of contracts for our younger and more talented stars,when another club is interested there not going for peanuts.

IMO we could've got ?2m plus for Calum if he was tied to a long term contract but we got what ?400k it's money we can't turn down of course it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

I agree but with young players they might only take 2-3 year deals, 1st year they might not show much but if they become great in year 2 it makes it difficult to get them to sign because they know in a year's time they can go for free and clubs watching also know this.

Of course some players will sign knowing that we will still sell them but want good money for them, it's a hard balance.

hope so

Being able to pay an average of even ?1k per week per player in Scotland is massive.  Assuming 20 players, that's ?1m a year.  Obviously not all players would get that increase, I'm just talking average wage/entire budget.

Paying our top players ?1.5k/?2k per week more would allow us to compete at Lafferty level more often.  Would also mean when we sign those young Scottish players we all want, we can attract them that wee but easier than Aberdeen etc, and maybe even the lure of England (alongside the chance to progress with us rather than languish as many do on a move South).

If we sold out every time, The extra 2500 seats X 18 home games alone would generate just under one million, excluding cup ties & the additional revenue from corporate/functions etc this figure would push this over the million.

We're doing fine in the "sign up young players and developing them" area.

The trick is to sell them on for a big wodge of cash, which we are terrible at.

The problem is that people moan at long contracts being handed out because they think players don't try as hard when they are on a 3 or 5 year deal. Slippers on, pipe lit, feet up.

But at the same time they moan when players on short term contracts leave for a free because have no loyalty to the club and don't try hard enough because they're mercenaries.

Funny old game.

The other thing to remember about the additional seats we are installing plus FOH donations is that they are both extra cash coming in with very little overhead caused. So its not just extra revenue but more or less 100% additional cash in the bank.

Bazzas right boot

If we sold out every time, The extra 2500 seats X 18 home games alone would generate just under one million, excluding cup ties & the additional revenue from corporate/functions etc this figure would push this over the million.

Less maintenance and more higher priced seats as well, Could easily be around ?2m up on the old stand.

Archived