Spartans & Edinburgh City

Escobar PHM

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I don’t have access to a car tomorrow was my point. I used to play football on the pitches at Ainslie Park every week so know a few of the good places to park. 

A bus from Midlothian to town, then out to Ferry Road isn’t the easiest. 

Hope they win tomorrow. Another Edinburgh side doing well will fill the gap left by Hibernian being perpetually toilet. 

Absolute tosh. 27 take you onto Ferry Road itself.  Very  short walk from Crewe Toll where you can get a 19, 24, 29, 37, 47 and 113 from the city out. You can also get the 8. Get off at Javits on West Granton Road and walk straight up Pilton Drive North. Take no more than 10 minutes. To say it's hard to get to without a car is complete and utter nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Just outside Dalkeith. 

Could you not get a 29 direct to Crewe Toll? Obviously a trek but would save changing buses.

Edited by Chester™

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Absolute tosh. 27 take you onto Ferry Road itself.  Very  short walk from Crewe Toll where you can get a 19, 24, 29, 37, 47 and 113 from the city out. You can also get the 8. Get off at Javits on West Granton Road and walk straight up Pilton Drive North. Take no more than 10 minutes. To say it's hard to get to without a car is complete and utter nonsense.

Give over John. I played football at Ainslie Park for 4 years before I moved out to Midlothian. It’s none of your business if I decide to not spend nearly an hour on a bus into town before jumping another one down to Crewe Toll. 

So wind your neck in. 

8 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Could you not get a 29 direct to Crewe Toll? Obviously a trek but would save changing buses.

The 29 doesn’t go my way, sadly. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Give over John. I played football at Ainslie Park for 4 years before I moved out to Midlothian. It’s none of your business if I decide to not spend nearly an hour on a bus into town before jumping another one down to Crewe Toll. 

So wind your neck in. 

The 29 doesn’t go my way, sadly. 

Oh diddums. Called out on talking shite and takes the cream puff.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Oh diddums. Called out on talking shite and takes the cream puff.

Talking shite :laugh: You came wading in with your muckle nose to try and prove someone wrong without actually reading the post. 

Away you go. 

TyphoonJambo

Chill guys. I was born and bred in muirhouse, just along the road from the ground and i will admit that if you told me i had to get the bus, any combination, to Dalkeith to watch that level of football, i would Tom Kite myself and find any excuse not to. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Chill guys. I was born and bred in muirhouse, just along the road from the ground and i will admit that if you told me i had to get the bus, any combination, to Dalkeith to watch that level of football, i would Tom Kite myself and find any excuse not to. 

It’s the way of Kickback now. You have two kinds of posters. 

Chester, who makes genuine suggestions to try and be helpful. John Findlay who is just looking for an argument. 

I might see see if any of the local junior sides are playing. 

Had hoped to get to The game on the 19th v Annan but a family christening has put paid to that.

Might still try tomorrow, though depends what the mrs plans are for the day

If not I’ll try a later date in the season

John Findlay
27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Talking shite :laugh: You came wading in with your muckle nose to try and prove someone wrong without actually reading the post. 

Away you go. 

You are an angry man. All you had to say was I can't be arsed instead of making excuses re buses. You're never in the wrong  Phil. 

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are an angry man. All you had to say was I can't be arsed instead of making excuses re buses. You're never in the wrong  Phil. 

Awfy sanctimonious post from the man who decided this thread needed some petty bickering. 

I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised. 

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pity you couldn't be arsed. 

Edited by Chester™

On 28/11/2018 at 12:40, Jeff said:

Sorry for the bump. Is the season ticket discount still going? Gonna head down on Saturday

It is still £6.00 if you have a Hearts/Hibs season ticket. I have watched Ed City a few times this season. 

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

It is still £6.00 if you have a Hearts/Hibs season ticket. I have watched Ed City a few times this season. 

Cheers for the response but I posted it late November. They outclassed Queens Park that day :D

2 hours ago, Darren said:

John's right, it is easy to get to. Obviously if you live miles away then it becomes a bit more difficult.

So it's easy to get to unless it isn't?

50 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

So it's easy to get to unless it isn't?

It's an easily accessible part of Edinburgh but full marks for being a smart arse.

I always have a chat with the reserve goalie when I'm in Tesco. I've seen City 3 times now at Ainslie Park. Might well make it tomorrow. (I'll be taking the cycle path ??). 

been here before
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wee dip last couple of weeks

But still top with Peterhead losing.

Scrappy game City just never got into the groove. Bit of a sloppy goal to concede and could have still been playing without equalising.

Good sized crowd of 621 which I think caught the catering out with hot food running out just before half time. Still on the plus side I managed to get 2 of the last 3 sausage rolls ?

Peterhead will be kicking themselves about conceding those late goals.

Edited by been here before

• 2 years later...