Europa Cup

martoon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hans von Luck

Watched Sevco full game and they were truly honking especially in the second half.

Don't care about coefficient get them out soon as possible, horrible Weegie reptiles

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hiding to nothing this round. Pointless assessment. Celtic for example last season. Why I now almost resent European football

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Both likely to be oot in the 1st round.

My last attempt to dumb it down for you: Far smaller teams are getting better results against bigger opposition.

Okay?

No need to be a dick about it.

Your point is shite, the so called minnows are getting results against bigger teams all over Europe, why should St Johnstone and Rangers be any different?

Okay?

weegie jambo

thought the farmers might do better, as for the zombies hoping for the Luxembourgers to do the biz at home and all the zombie new signings turn out to be duds!

It knew rangers would struggle tonight with all their stars away on international duty against Germany

:)

HeartOfWestLothian

Sevco are shocking I give cashino 3 months

I don't think their new manager will last however I wouldn't be reading too much into the performance against that team.

Aberdeen won 3-1 against a team from Luxembourg last season and 2 of their goals that night were late on and they lost the away leg 1-0. It is only June.

Bazzas right boot

Folk reading too much into these results.

Scotland really needs to adjust the season start and finish to accommodate they earlier starts.

We have Watched our euro performances worsen with the earlier starts and done nothing.

Scotland in a nutshell, moan, cry, but actually change f all.

The imps even beating Celtic last year should highlight this.

SectionDJambo

These early rounds is UEFA forcing all countries to take part in the Inter Toto cup in all but name. It's like a consolation cup before you've been knocked out the bigger competition.

Scottish football needs to move to the summer to have much chance of improving its record.

HeartOfWestLothian

Scotland really needs to adjust the season start and finish to accommodate they earlier starts.

We have Watched our euro performances worsen with the earlier starts and done nothing.

Definitely.

Why not even end our league season on the first week of May like the lower leagues do.

The Scottish cup final can be brought forward too meaning teams can get a decent pre season in before having to play competitive games.

Only problem with summer football to help our standing in Europe is, where do you have the end of season ?

If it's, say, the beginning of December, when the Euro competitions break, you then have the problem of a team getting to the knock out phases of those tournaments, playing that tie at the new pre-season.

Obviously, that's wishful thinking in Scottish terms and other factors need to be looked at in that scenario.

No easy answer to this in reality. Sadly, Europe now is a clique of big money clubs, no matter what UEFA say to contradict that. From next season, four top teams from the four top leagues go straight into the group stages of the Champs League.

It's a sham, frankly.

Hiding to nothing this round. Pointless assessment. Celtic for example last season. Why I now almost resent European football

I'm going the same way. I've got to the point that I don't give a **** about Euro club football that starts in June. It' a total farce. The SPFL need to decide if they are serious about this and organize the leagues accordingly. 

I'm going the same way. I've got to the point that I don't give a **** about Euro club football that starts in June. It' a total farce. The SPFL need to decide if they are serious about this and organize the leagues accordingly. 

loveofthegame

So we should stay away for fear of losing, why bother at all then :lol: ?

As for the 3rd part, are we incapable of going on a European trip without you?

The 3rd part was a joke.... my tongue was firmly in my cheek. I would have thought that was obvious.

We are going through a big transitional period and not having Europe to get in the way of a decent pre-season, for this one season only, is a good thing in my opinion. Nothing you say will change that opinion.

I read into it that the St Johnstone result and performance sums up the sad place Scottish football is in

Not so sure another couple of months would have changed that

Highly predicable too

It is a fair debate

My main complaint is about UEFA agreeing to World Cup qualifiers being played in mid June weeks before the next season of qualifiers start

The season should finish early May

But not arguing against changing calendar.

Your point is shite, the so called minnows are getting results against bigger teams all over Europe, why should St Johnstone and Rangers be any different?

Okay?

Couldnt help buy notice but you should add a few more Z's to your signature picture. You can still see her one of her nipples :smile:

manaliveits105

Tommy Wright eh ?? - gutted didnt take the Liths at 9/2 to win - the fermers have been far too uppity recently - feck em

Bowmans_Boot

Other than Hibs & Celtic, I always support all of the Scottish teams in Europe and want them to go as far as possible. Im disappointed St Johnstone lost and dont really get the people taking pleasure from it.

Okay?

Astonishing irony on that first sentence, absolutely astonishing.

So you don't think St Johnstone getting beat and Rangers struggling against Neiderkorn are part of a bigger problem with Scottish football in Europe? Celtic struggling against Red Imperials and Astana, Hearts against Birkirkara, St Johnstone vs Dinamo Minsk, maybe part of a bigger problem?

Hagar the Horrible

The more I look at the Zombieco game last night, how the feck were they even top six?  WE have to do better,  That team they were playing I could muster up 11 better guys from my work.

Got also to laugh at the Fermers,  Novikovas and Chesney called it right, they were a much more rounded and organised team.

Both them last night could be out of Europe before the trades fortnight, The Schools are not even broken up yet down here.

Listening to the radio last night and Patterson, Miller and Gordon we going on even though sevco were a new team they should have the class to win this 5 or 6  OHHHH   EEEMMMMM GEEEE

Astonishing irony on that first sentence, absolutely astonishing.

So you don't think St Johnstone getting beat and Rangers struggling against Neiderkorn are part of a bigger problem with Scottish football in Europe? Celtic struggling against Red Imperials and Astana, Hearts against Birkirkara, St Johnstone vs Dinamo Minsk, maybe part of a bigger problem?

FFS, one of us is being stupid not seeing the point here and it's the one with hmfc in his username.

Yes I agree with your ramblings about the bigger problem but can't see how pointing out that the big teams in Finland and Macedonia also struggling helps promote the point you are making.

Hardly backs up your stance that it's a "Scottish football in Europe" problem does it? 

Bazzas right boot

I read into it that the St Johnstone result and performance sums up the sad place Scottish football is in

Not so sure another couple of months would have changed that

Highly predicable too

Doing the same thing over and over isn't helping.

Something isn't working you change it.

That doesn't work, change it.

Not rocket science.

There are pros and cons to any changes, in this case we need to try something different. Nothing should be dismissed. Most of these teams beating us started thier season.

Sometimes the answer is obvious.

We need I accept that the Football season starts in June for us now. Not august.

Bazzas right boot

Other than Hibs & Celtic, I always support all of the Scottish teams in Europe and want them to go as far as possible. Im disappointed St Johnstone lost and dont really get the people taking pleasure from it.

**** rangers too.

Aberdeen, saints, meh.

Celtic, rangers, hibs hope they get ****ed

Why hate Celtic and not rangers?

Watt-Zeefuik

**** rangers too.

Aberdeen, saints, meh.

Celtic, rangers, hibs hope they get ****ed

Why hate Celtic and not rangers?

BB has a soft spot for Rangers due to family connections.  We've given him enough grief for it over the years it's lost its fun a bit.

Bazzas right boot

BB has a soft spot for Rangers due to family connections. We've given him enough grief for it over the years it's lost its fun a bit.

I've got hibs and rangers family.

Ranger's and Celtic are still level pegging, but he ho.

Bowmans_Boot

BB has a soft spot for Rangers due to family connections.  We've given him enough grief for it over the years it's lost its fun a bit.

Not really a soft spot, I just dont hate them.

As for Tosh/Rudis post that he wants Celtic, Rangers and Hibs to get hammered in Europe, why does he care about Hibs being beaten? The reason he gave for wanting Hibs to win the SC was that he didn't care about them, they meant nothing to him, them winning their Holy Grail had absolutely no impact on Hearts whatsoever etc etc. So winning the SC after 100+ years doesn't mean anything but winning a match in a EL qualifying match does? That doesn't make sense to me.

I think this is a tired, worn out and completely boring argument, to be honest, but Rudi continues to bring up Rangers with me at every single opportunity....

Bazzas right boot

Not really a soft spot, I just dont hate them.

As for Tosh/Rudis post that he wants Celtic, Rangers and Hibs to get hammered in Europe, why does he care about Hibs being beaten? The reason he gave for wanting Hibs to win the SC was that he didn't care about them, they meant nothing to him, them winning their Holy Grail had absolutely no impact on Hearts whatsoever etc etc. So winning the SC after 100+ years doesn't mean anything but winning a match in a EL qualifying match does? That doesn't make sense to me.

I think this is a tired, worn out and completely boring argument, to be honest, but Rudi continues to bring up Rangers with me at every single opportunity....

Just found it strange you favour rangers over Celtic.

Ps, I still would have pished myself had rangers beat hibs.

My main reason, clearly stated is I just want rangers to be as weak as possible, still take pleasure in hibs getting beat, it just doesn't make or break my season/ life if they don't.

Hibs can win ten Scottish cups, as long as we won ten leagues. My kind of thinking.

With Rangers, I want them dead or at least lumbering along like an Injured wooly mammoth who is slowly bleeding out after getting bit on the leg. Never want them to recover, European football is how they will do it, I don't want that.

Hopefully rangers finish low as possible this year and that means below us, Aberdeen, Celtic, saints and even hibs as well.

Jambo 4 Ever

2nd leg for rangers tonight... think it will be tough for them, but they will win by the odd goal

Hearts1975

I really want to support our Scottish counterparts and the co-efficient - however what sticks in my throats is Sevco .. I still remember some of their so called supporters at the time liquidation loomed saying they would swap everything after the Murray era just to have their team back and live within their means - before anyone jumps appreciate we were in the same boat in the Romanov years but what the hell .. looking at what Sevco are supposedly spending at the moment and reports of their financial situation they are doing the same again, exactly the same thing which lost them their tin pot club in the first place ... I think we are being run within our means which is why I say that now ... I'll support all the teams for the JT's benefit but the rankers hmm I'll give it a miss TBH

Rangers will go through. That team were shite. With an extra weeks fitness and training behind them Rangers will progress comfortably.

I think St Johnstone have blown it though.

Not really fussed on how Scottish teams do in Europe tbh. I suppose I would rather they didn't get pumped out by minnows like we did last year and many of our counterparts have done in the past. On the other hand though, the opportunity to laugh at them is too good to pass up.

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers will go through. That team were shite. With an extra weeks fitness and training behind them Rangers will progress comfortably.

I think St Johnstone have blown it though.

Not really fussed on how Scottish teams do in Europe tbh. I suppose I would rather they didn't get pumped out by minnows like we did last year and many of our counterparts have done in the past. On the other hand though, the opportunity to laugh at them is too good to pass up.

Going for a Nil/Nil draw with the zombies, St J out though, they will het horsed

will never want rangers to win another match in their current existence, unless it directly benefits us. 

Celtic I don't really care, same for hibs if they ever get there again. Would support all other Scottish clubs

will never want rangers to win another match in their current existence, unless it directly benefits us.

Celtic I don't really care, same for hibs if they ever get there again. Would support all other Scottish clubs

Surely it does directly benefit us if the coefficient gets better ?

That goes for every Scottish team in Europe, incidentally.

I could not give the slightest shite about the co-efficient.

1.    I love random trips (Tallin etc)

2.    If a Scottish team can?t beat a bunch of part time minnows then we have no right worrying about seedings v the bigger boys

I can?t stress this enough, I want all Scottish teams outside Hearts to get completely humiliated in all they do.  I utterly detest every other Scottish club who will be anywhere near European tournaments.  I don?t want teams like St Johnstone getting any better than they are already. FFs they finished above us last year, why the **** would I?  As for those hellish, vile, sectarian drenched piles of Satan vomit form the Weeg, well I want national shame  - it would make me very happy.  Hope they get horsed and their key players to get season long injuries. 

All I care about is Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

IveSeenTheLight

2nd leg for rangers tonight... think it will be tough for them, but they will win by the odd goal

You never know what could happen in football.

They could lump the ball up the park and get a sending off.

Score from the resultant free kick and the tie is wide open and the unwashed arses will be twitching like mad.

I'll be heading to the pub and will drink Carlsberg in hope it is a moment worthy of an advert  :cheesy:

I think Premium Sports is on Sports Nation. If so than a few cans of lager and a laugh at Rangers is in store. Hope it is on it anywway.

The_razors_edge

My mate from work is a saints fan and was at the game last Thursday. He tells me the best player on the park for either side was a young Liberian kid called Oscar Dorley for FC Trakai. Outstanding apparently. Only 18, 5 caps for Liberia since 2015. Apparently applauded off the park by the saints fans when subbed. According to my mate was given a free role and popped up all over the place and ran the show. We're Looking for a winger/attacking midfielder....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alicante jambo

I could not give the slightest shite about the co-efficient.

1. I love random trips (Tallin etc)

2. If a Scottish team can?t beat a bunch of part time minnows then we have no right worrying about seedings v the bigger boys

I can?t stress this enough, I want all Scottish teams outside Hearts to get completely humiliated in all they do. I utterly detest every other Scottish club who will be anywhere near European tournaments. I don?t want teams like St Johnstone getting any better than they are already. FFs they finished above us last year, why the **** would I? As for those hellish, vile, sectarian drenched piles of Satan vomit form the Weeg, well I want national shame - it would make me very happy. Hope they get horsed and their key players to get season long injuries.

All I care about is Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Exactly where i am.

peter_hmfc

Okay?

I've literally already explained this, read it again ffs.

Back onto the topic, I would have gone had it been in Vilnius (where the Trakai home game is held) or Luxembourg. A chance at a European trip come to nothing. I don't understand people who say "I'm glad we're not in Europe.". Well, I'm not, and I'm sure I'm in the mass-majority. Thanks Ian, *****.

IveSeenTheLight

Just imagine they go out....

:jjyay:

Lets hope.

If they do, will there be a risk of admin mk II or at very least a diluting of their shares to repay the soft loans

My mate from work is a saints fan and was at the game last Thursday. He tells me the best player on the park for either side was a young Liberian kid called Oscar Dorley for FC Trakai. Outstanding apparently. Only 18, 5 caps for Liberia since 2015. Apparently applauded off the park by the saints fans when subbed. According to my mate was given a free role and popped up all over the place and ran the show. We're Looking for a winger/attacking midfielder....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would rather Liberian Girl - great tune.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Any Hearts fan wanting Rangers to progress doesn't really get football rivalry.

Watt-Zeefuik

I like seeing the non-OF Scottish teams do well but it's because I'm a bit of an odd duck as an American following Scottish football.  I like seeing the profile of Scottish football raised a bit, partially because it means there's more folk to talk about it with and partially because I hope it means more coverage of it here.

For the OF teams, it's an odd mix because I hope they don't advance (so that they don't get the extra dosh) but if they go up against the giant clubs I don't mind seeing them get a result. I know it makes me a bad Hearts fan but I really enjoyed watching Celtic shock Barcelona and all of the plastic fans Bar?a fans around me go boggle-eyed.

Archived