Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

...a bit disco
Hibernian have joined Hearts in the race to sign former Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty, BBC Scotland understands.

The 29-year-old Northern Irishman, who was in Edinburgh on Friday for talks with Hearts, is available on a free transfer after leaving Norwich City.

Lafferty is expected to make a decision on his future this week.

Meanwhile, Hibs are hopeful of keeping John McGinn after rejecting a bid from English Championship side Ipswich Town.

McGinn, 22, has been a stand-out performer for the Easter Road side since moving from St Mirren in 2015.

The midfielder, who has picked up three Scotland caps, played a key role as Hibs secured promotion to the Premiership last season, winning the Championship player of the year award.

Lafferty left Rangers in 2012, joining Swiss side Sion before moving to Italy's Serie A with Palermo. A switch to Norwich followed, and he was subsequently loaned to Turkish side Rizespor and then Birmingham City.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have preferred us to push for Sow to be honest, if it's right that his contract is up soon. Maybe we have though.

I wasn't fussed for lafferty at rangers but he always looked good for NI. really skilful - like a different played so could be good for us.

Since the change to transfer rules in china they are now reluctant to let people go. They have increased the tax on transfers to 100% so if you buy a player for ?5m it actually ?10m

Rudolf's Mate

Has it not been reported a few times that Hibs were also interested?

Yep just after it was confirmed we were actually in for him.

...a bit disco, on 26 Jun 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

Hibernian have joined Hearts in the race to sign former Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty, BBC Scotland understands.

The 29-year-old Northern Irishman, who was in Edinburgh on Friday for talks with Hearts, is available on a free transfer after leaving Norwich City.

Lafferty is expected to make a decision on his future this week.

Meanwhile, Hibs are hopeful of keeping John McGinn after rejecting a bid from English Championship side Ipswich Town.

McGinn, 22, has been a stand-out performer for the Easter Road side since moving from St Mirren in 2015.

The midfielder, who has picked up three Scotland caps, played a key role as Hibs secured promotion to the Premiership last season, winning the Championship player of the year award.

Lafferty left Rangers in 2012, joining Swiss side Sion before moving to Italy's Serie A with Palermo. A switch to Norwich followed, and he was subsequently loaned to Turkish side Rizespor and then Birmingham City.

Hobos after an Irishman? surely no

This place is teaming with trolls and wee gangs that hunt in packs and also vermin.

Ok we are all entitled to our opinion and not everyone will always agree but you would find it hard to find any thread on here that is not being trolled or is smelling of vermin like trolls.

You're obsessed with 'trolls', you appear to have a 'troll' fetish, it's all very odd from you.

And according to you virtually every ***** is Hibs, change the record man, you're boring.

Clark Griswold

Every time we are linked with a player Hibs also seem to be, what's going on? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Been there mate. I only pm 2 or 3 guys/gals on the board now with anything, They're appreciative of that and They've had some stuff long before the papers got them. If they choose to share it here I don't mind but I won't. How you play it is up to yourself but I choose to keep it between the odd 2/3 that pm me.

I remember your info. Always bang on. The PM's dried up though :(

On topic I'd like to see Lafferty sign for us as I stated weeks ago when I broke the news that we were looking at him :)

Mars plastic

You're obsessed with 'trolls', you appear to have a 'troll' fetish, it's all very odd from you.

And according to you virtually every ***** is Hibs, change the record man, you're boring.

The Legions fellie doesn't have get himself in a right state on here, mate.

Every time we are linked with a player Hibs also seem to be, what's going on? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazy journalism, if hearts are interested in a player then it stands to reason that hibs will be as well, no? gets more people interested and clicking on things, generates more money for the news vendors. doesn't have to be true as it's all 'believed to be' or 'sources close to', in other words, we don't have a fu(king clue what is going on but we'll print stuff anyway as we want yer money.

letsalldothebeattie

I hope this deal goes through this would be a massive statement signing for Cathro I believe. Follow it up with McGregor too and we are starting to shape up nicely for the new season

Winston Ingram

Some nonsense on here.

1. A deal isn't agreed. Terms are only being discussed today.

2. He was on nowhere near 35k a week at Norwich. Take 10,000 off and you'd be close.

3. There is no chance he'll sign for Hibs.

Fxxx the SPFL

As i said it all depends on the medical tomorrow and would be unproffesional to parade a player infront of a few fans, who at that time had not had a medical or signed the contract.

Hibs reportedly in for him hope your source was right would be a bit of a bummer if he went to the vermin.

BBC reporting Hibs in for Lafferty now...

Easy solution to that....McPhee tells him if he signs for them he's dropped from the NI squad, jobs a goodun

Some nonsense on here.

2. He was on nowhere near 35k a week at Norwich. Take 10,000 off and you'd be close.

so why was he up on friday?

Malcolm Tucker

Some nonsense on here.

If Hibs offer more money, why wouldn't he sign...?

So who was first to mention Lafferty as a potential signing for us?

I need to know.

I first heard about it from you mate - a good while back now. 

You are the one true source :thumbsup:

Some nonsense on here.

I was told that he was back in for talks today and to "tie things up"

Some nonsense on here.

1. A deal isn't agreed. Terms are only being discussed today.  I think we all know that - even you.

2. He was on nowhere near 35k a week at Norwich. Take 10,000 off and you'd be close.  None of us know that - not even you.

3. There is no chance he'll sign for Hibs.  None of us know that - not even you.

letsalldothebeattie

That's what Sky were reporting earlier he was back up for talks this morning and if all went well they expect a deal to be done in 48 hours

Easy solution to that....McPhee tells him if he signs for them he's dropped from the NI squad, jobs a goodun

Yeah

Michael O'Neill seems a good guy. We can't underestimate though a possible strong dislike for Hibs. Given they rejected him for managers job (I think at time Calderwood was sacked and then Pat Fenlon got job) based on possible alleged false information about personal habits i.e drinking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jolly good. I'm sure we are just making Hibs aware of their secondary importance :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

Jolly good. I'm sure we are just making Hibs aware of their secondary importance :thumbsup:

Not even, Hearts using it as a incentive/ threat, -

Look, big yin, if you don't sign for us, you'll end up at some shite ... like hibs.

Kyle then is like- :uhoh2:

"Where do I sign, boss?"

He is right though JKB has dropped in quality whether its trolls, interlopers or just people refusing to recognise and discuss others opinions im not sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The big guy's just trolling H1b5

This is what I believe, probably not the Laffster himself, but some Hearts minded rep has saw fit to show the Leith pond dwelling puddle drinking vermin, in no doubt they are the shit off our shoe

:fth:

SSN saying Lafferty and Hibs can't agree terms

Love this to be true. GIRUY ya tramps.

That's what Sky were reporting earlier he was back up for talks this morning and if all went well they expect a deal to be done in 48 hours

Saw that as well according to Sky it's just down to agreeing personal terms .

Maiden Gorgie

Hibs haven't ended interest though. Get this done Hearts!

Can't agree terms with Hibs? Are the media not just creating hibs interest to make it a bit more dramatic?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

just want this over the line.

we have wrapped this up surely?

My feelings exactly. He might have led a wild lifestyle but by all accounts he's always put in 100% effort. Not one to hid in matches.

Can't agree terms with Hibs? Are the media not just creating hibs interest to make it a bit more dramatic?

And maybe Hibs think they need to show they are looking with Cummings away and perhaps John McGinn

It is a crazy time with stories though

The Legions fellie doesn't have get himself in a right state on here, mate.

His brain's on the verge of exploding, mate :(

Haha .Net will be a funny read, posting will have gone from "he's shite" to "he's the dugs, get him signed" back to "he's shite"

Haha cancel that.  What a bunch of utter maggot infested arseholes.

Jambos4life

Does anyone even know if he's at or been to hearts today as a few seem to think he's back in for final discussions?

Rudolf's Mate

Haha .Net will be a funny read, posting will have gone from "he's shite" to "he's the dugs, get him signed" back to "he's shite"

Haha cancel that. What a bunch of utter maggot infested arseholes.

:spoton:

Equally I'll be raging if he went there :seething:

Vermin are fuds.

Probably want to say they were after same players as us in case they were successful.

They definitely want to feel big about themselves.

Laughable *****.

lauriesrank

Celtic are a far superior side to NI.

Off topic though. Back on topic, Lafferty potentially a great signing.

Not having any of that at all btw!  How are celtic a far superior side to NI???  SO you think Celtic would get to the world cup with a group that includes NOrway, Germany and the Czech Republic?  Also latterly Azerbaijan who are an improving nation, they'd probably beat stan marino though... probably.  

Escobar PHM

FFS has he agreed to visit Easter Road, speak to them, stand on their pitch with his burd ? NO...........well then dry yer pants all of ye.

Except for the mulgrew incident what has lafferty actually done that makes him the pr*ck so many people say he is? Is it just due to playing for rangers that makes him hated, not much I can remember from his time up here and never followed his career after.

Haha cancel that.  What a bunch of utter maggot infested arseholes.

We'll get the same on here if he dd sign for them.....so let me be the first to say I think he's shite :whistling: 

lauriesrank

Not claiming to be ITK. Just stating what i knew. And started a new thread for a deal that will happen. Dont post on here often and i'm just passing on what I know. I will just continue to read in the future. Forgot just how much posters with less than 100k posts are deemed to be idiots claiming to be ITK. The deal will happen and I wont be posting any further information i find out about this or any other deals in the future. Shame that JKB is such a clique.

Glad you started a new thread, in fairness it's better for it as it enables people who may not have a lot of time on their hands to a have a quick sketch through and not be bogged down by a thread which has (at present,) 128 pages!  Keep on going mate! :)

Escobar PHM

Not having any of that at all btw!  How are celtic a far superior side to NI???  SO you think Celtic would get to the world cup with a group that includes NOrway, Germany and the Czech Republic?  Also latterly Azerbaijan who are an improving nation, they'd probably beat stan marino though... probably.

Celtic would finish 2nd in that group, as will Northern Ireland.

Archived