dazajmbo

Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

Lucille's Thirsty

Recruitment going into the right direction IMO.

queensferryjambo

To fair to the OP prior to the Main Stand auction today when Scott Wilson interviewed Berra and Gary Locke the Kyle Lafferty transfer was spoken about publicly as a potential signing.  

dazajmbo

To fair to the OP prior to the Main Stand auction today when Scott Wilson interviewed Berra and Gary Locke the Kyle Lafferty transfer was spoken about publicly as a potential signing.

What was said?

socrates82

The closer we seem to get to signing lafferty the more i like him. Couldn't stand him at rangers and wasn't madly enthusiastic but would now love to see him for us. Very much the type of player we need if he's still got his legs.

DG_HMFC

I would imagine Lafferty knows what level Hearts are at in terms of wages on offer. If he was driven by money, he would never have been up here the other day. That gives me hope that a deal will be struck and he will sign.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kimosavi

Yer no gonna turn up fur a joab at Mickey D's unless you have checked oot the wages are ye

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mikey1874

I would imagine Lafferty knows what level Hearts are at in terms of wages on offer. If he was driven by money, he would never have been up here the other day. That gives me hope that a deal will be struck and he will sign.

He certainly can't repeat the last 2 years where he hardly played for Norwich

Superunknown

I agree. Unless it's a way of getting his name in the papers and attract offers from wealthier clubs.

jake

Sniff sniff.. He knew what we were offering before he flew up to see the place

Well sniffed .

jake

Tbh i absolutely hated lafferty.

But in a maroon shirt.

My man

Mauricio Pinilla

The closer we seem to get to signing lafferty the more i like him. Couldn't stand him at rangers and wasn't madly enthusiastic but would now love to see him for us. Very much the type of player we need if he's still got his legs.

I'm going this way too. HATED him at Rangers and he's always on my list of footballers I genuinely dislike. But im fickle and this could actually be a top signing.

Rudolf's Mate
:facepalm: Edited by Rudolf's Mate

J80MBO

A lot of bull,we are miles away regarding to wage demands.He was on 35k A week at Norwich.

35k a week hahaha

Gashauskis9

We need bawbags that other teams hate. It's what we're missing, we've been too fluffy since Rudi and Black left. Walker's the only player who's came close since.

kingantti1874

We need bawbags that other teams hate. It's what we're missing, we've been too fluffy since Rudi and Black left. Walker's the only player who's came close since.

Blackie is only 32..

Ray has bus pass hooray

fluffy well that's a new one lol

Rudolf's Mate

A lot of bull,we are miles away regarding to wage demands.He was on 35k A week at Norwich.

Whittaker was on ?20k...

When he was in the EPL ffs!

Redmond was only ?25k in the EPL.

Toxteth O'Grady

Boo - I don't like him

Mikey1874

Whittaker was on ?20k...

When he was in the EPL ffs!

Redmond was only ?25k in the EPL.

There has been info published on Norwich wages. Who knows if true. Top earners ?40k then ?35k including Naismith.

Lafferty sounds like he would be nearer ?20k

JI TEES

There is no way he was here just for a jolly...a blind man could see that his previous salary was outwith what we can offer...he has made his money...it's all about playing week in, week out which is what he will do at us. Make no mistake of we are to sign a million pound plus player I will be fookin delighted...got a really good feeling about this!

J80MBO

In my opinion..decision he has is somewhere like ipswich for cash but might not get game

Or someone like hearts for lower salary but be guaranteed to play and more likely to succeed...inturn get back in northern irelandd starting 11.

Bauld

If he signs with us he has a big opportunity.

Doesn't act like a total bell and scores goals he will get noticed for international duty.

All going to plan he's off to the world cup.

At his age it could be his last chance of a world cup appearance as well.

Money aside he will jump at that opportunity and he should also have all the motivation required to perform every week.

Elias Henry Furst

Yer no gonna turn up fur a joab at Mickey D's unless you have checked oot the wages are ye

Spot on kimo.

Lafferty knew the offer before pitching up at Tynecastle on Friday.

Rudolf's Mate

There has been info published on Norwich wages. Who knows if true. Top earners ?40k then ?35k including Naismith.

Lafferty sounds like he would be nearer ?20k

You'd certainly think so.

I found a site which claimed the following:

f15ca669c350f826e8129d35c7e9f8ff.png

Not sure how correct as that would have him on basic of around ?10k pw. Not taking 2016 exchange rates into acc.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

kimosavi

Spot on kimo.

Lafferty knew the offer before pitching up at Tynecastle on Friday.

That's the 1st thing his agent would ask when we contacted him

Imagine Spartans had phoned his agent

"Aye we will come doon and huv a look I will get Kyle's bird too come Doon anaw. Wages don't tell me the now just tell us when we get there yeh. Friday at 11 yeh we shall see you there mate, I'll get kyle to wear a nice denim trooser and jumper number"

socrates82

If Berra can take a massive wage cut to get game time and play for a club he wants to play for I'd imagine Lafferty would consider it too, even without the prior connection to Hearts. He strikes me as someone who likes his bling going by that Bentley he drove at Rangers so I'd be surprised if he chose us over money but we'll see.

Wham Bam Austin McCann

Really hope this is true. Just want it pushed over the line asap so that we can then use Berra, Lafferty, Hughes and the new stand and added support to drive other big names to Tynecastle.

I also hope he has cut out the silly play acting and diving from his game. The refs will be looking to punish him for the slightest.

Mikey1874

So Michael O'Neill might be encouraging Lafferty to come here to stay in N.Ireland squad

While he encouraged Boyce to go to the Championship to increase his chances of place in N.Ireland squad.

He also helped Aaron Hughes settle into Edinburgh and perhaps played a part in him signing for this season

Michael O'Neill seems to like the Hearts

queensferryjambo

What was said?

They were talking about the players coming in and strengthening the squad. 

Locke definitely was discussing how Berra coming back would give the team a real leader something we needed.

Berra was talking about how exciting it was with the quality of players potentially coming in and the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro.

One of the two of them named Lafferty when they were talking about the quality of the players potentially coming in.

That was about it. It was all positive stuff. 

Maybe someone else from the 200+ people in the Gorgie Suite today could verify if it was Locke or Berra who said it.   

Sierra Delta

Be pleasantly surprised if he does join us. Really do think he'd be an excellent signing. 

Rudy T

I know he'll be an asset but he really was a huge nobend at Rangers. I just hope he bangs in the goals so I forget how much I hated him back then.

dazajmbo

They were talking about the players coming in and strengthening the squad.

Locke definitely was discussing how Berra coming back would give the team a real leader something we needed.

Berra was talking about how exciting it was with the quality of players potentially coming in and the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro.

One of the two of them named Lafferty when they were talking about the quality of the players potentially coming in.

That was about it. It was all positive stuff.

Maybe someone else from the 200+ people in the Gorgie Suite today could verify if it was Locke or Berra who said it.

Thanks QFJ

Dannie Boy

If he signs with us he has a big opportunity.

Doesn't act like a total bell and scores goals he will get noticed for international duty.

All going to plan he's off to the world cup.

At his age it could be his last chance of a world cup appearance as well.

Money aside he will jump at that opportunity and he should also have all the motivation required to perform every week.

Good post. Great observations as re what we can offer him and it doesn't all revolve round money.

Sir Gio

I have always thought he was a top bloke. Lovely chap

RudiHMFC

I can't wait until he scores against Hibs in October already.

Elias Henry Furst

So Michael O'Neill might be encouraging Lafferty to come here to stay in N.Ireland squad

While he encouraged Boyce to go to the Championship to increase his chances of place in N.Ireland squad.

He also helped Aaron Hughes settle into Edinburgh and perhaps played a part in him signing for this season

Michael O'Neill seems to like the Hearts

I know you say in almost jest but my best mate played under him at Brechin and said similarly. Often complementing the club in conversation at a time when Romanov's behaviour was at its most erratic and it was easy to sling mud.

Gashauskis9

fluffy well that's a new one lol

You know what I mean. No one hates us, no one fears us. We're a pushover.

Debut 4

Whether it happens or not why are some people so astounded that Lafferty or McGregor may join Hearts?

It's a natural course for some players. A realisation their day near the top has been and gone and that coming to Hearts on say 5k a week isn't a bad move at their age where they'll be first picks.

Like Berra, maybe it's about home comforts now(Lafferty's missus apparently wants nearer home) , they've made their money and as they are at the tail end of their careers they'll get regular football here.

Edited by Debut 4

Gashauskis9

Blackie is only 32..

And I'd take him back in a heartbeat

kimosavi

And I'd take him back in a heartbeat

Rofl

Barack

Whether it happens or not why are some people so astounded that Lafferty or McGregor may join Hearts?

It's a natural course for some players. A realisation their day near the top has been and gone and that coming to Hearts on say 5k a week isn't a bad move at their age where they'll be first picks.

Like Berra, maybe it's about home comforts now(Lafferty's missus apparently wants nearer home) , they've made their money and as they are at the tail end of their careers they'll get regular football here.

I remember a poster who, when Berra was being announced, would thrash his keyboard to death with Lego stuck up his nostrils, proclaiming he'll not sign. Reasons such as: we're not offering enough, his kid in reality hates him, or Jupiter isn't rising in Capricorn...or some such pish.

He's funnily gone quiet recently.

Anyway. Despite that, the fact we are linked too/have signed/are trying/ and may be signing players such as Berra, McGinn, Lafferty & McGregor, is credit to Cathro & Co.

Rab Douglas & Steve Lovell, don't have quite the same ring, and ambition to them.

We are targeting good, seasoned, experienced and genuinely exciting players, possibly on wages higher than what we have been. The reality is we have to improve & compete, both on and off the field.

Of course, we may get all, some, or none of the targets. Though if it's an indication of what we're aiming to do this year, I'm pleased to see the ambition, and what else we could line up instead, if our targets fell through.

Edited by Barack

Apache Mal

Blackie is only 32..

Good for Blackie.

Dr. Bapswent

Kyle Lafferty and Allan McGregor ..... 2 hateful players

But both probably the quality we need next season

Tough one to swallow.

Sir Gio

Tough one to swallow.

I'm ok with swallowing

MacDonald Jardine

Tough one to swallow.

Also the type of characters we need.

Deans Jambo

That's the 1st thing his agent would ask when we contacted him

Imagine Spartans had phoned his agent

"Aye we will come doon and huv a look I will get Kyle's bird too come Doon anaw. Wages don't tell me the now just tell us when we get there yeh. Friday at 11 yeh we shall see you there mate, I'll get kyle to wear a nice denim trooser and jumper number"

:rofl:

Pans Jambo

Tough one to swallow.

Diks

But winners.

Cannot be accused of being a wage thief.

I hope we get them.

Dino Velvet

I'm ok with swallowing

I've sent you a pm.

kimosavi

I'm ok with swallowing

Me too

...... i mean am i **** thats disgusting

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mac80

I've sent you a pm.

Lmfao