Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Lafferty was unfortunate at Rangers in the other players at club at time.

He was never first choice. Its a big difference the position at Hearts plus his experience and motivation.

I also say we've been crying out for someone with strength and movement to really stretch defences. The front players are crucial in shaping the options and tempo of the whole team.

This could be a very good signing.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ibrahim Tall

Reading behind the lines, looks like Gillespie fancies himself as an agent and thought he could make a few bucks by getting Lafferty a 'better' contract than his current agent without ever being asked to buy only succeeded in making a ***** of himself.

Armadale Jambo

I'm feckin loving this guy. Do you think he'll be playing on Saturday at Livingston?

Son Of Anarchy

Where is our resident Question Time host? Thought he would have been along to give his thoughts on todays revelations.

Fairly sure he's started a protest outside Tynie. His plackards say "do we need KL as he's not Scottish"? " will he stop swearing?" and my personal favourite "Vanessa is lovely, does she play chess"?

Rudolf's Mate

Reading behind the lines, looks like Gillespie fancies himself as an agent and thought he could make a few bucks by getting Lafferty a 'better' contract than his current agent without ever being asked to buy only succeeded in making a ***** of himself.

Said exactly the same thing as soon as KL made the comment about being with his agent.

Text just sent from Cathro to Walker:

"Jamie, looks like Rangers not bidding further, every chance you'll be with us next season. You need to get the fans back onside. Your assignment for next fortnight is to follow Kyle around and learn from him. Do everything he does."

We've missed that bit of gallousness, especially around derby time since Rudi left. Hibs had it with Cummings and it's no coincidence we were poorer in derbies when we lost that.

On Radio Scotland now Willie Miller already moaning about him and his actions..aided by his northern sidekick Richard Gordon

But of course Hibs goalkeeping signing is big news

Hibs probably have themselves a decent keeper there but again you can't judge him after a season in the championship.

Especially when they dropped points against everyone.

Seems Lafferty used diff agents for diff clubs hence Gillespie flying over from Northern Ireland to negotiate with Hibs and Lennon

He used another agent for his deal with us

This is quite common these days it seems for players who often don't have just one agent

Seems Lafferty used diff agents for diff clubs hence Gillespie flying over from Northern Ireland to negotiate with Hibs and Lennon

He used another agent for his deal with us

This is quite common these days it seems for players who often don't have just one agent

From Lafferty's comments it seems he has one agent - the one at Hearts signing the contract.

Listening to sportsound and Preston was saying that a lot of players don't work with one single agent now.

Apparently they'll contact a few agencies and ask them to find the player a deal and he'll then go along to said club with agent and negotiate.

So IMO it would appear Gillespie found Lafferty a deal a few days after Hearts and that was at Hibs.

So:

1)Hibs were interested.

2)Lafferty wasn't.

Listening to sportsound and Preston was saying that a lot of players don't work with one single agent now.

Apparently they'll contact a few agencies and ask them to find the player a deal and he'll then go along to said club with agent and negotiate.

So IMO it would appear Gillespie found Lafferty a deal a few days after Hearts and that was at Hibs.

So:

1)Hibs were interested.

2)Lafferty wasn't.

I said it earlier, agents can be cocks and I felt Lafferty wanted to be at Hearts as proven.

Gillespie might not be his actual agent but he was at it imo. I don't believe for a minute he didn't know KL was very keen on joining us.

I said it earlier, agents can be cocks and I felt Lafferty wanted to be at Hearts as proven.

Gillespie might not be his actual agent but he was at it imo. I don't believe for a minute he didn't know KL was very keen on joining us.

I'm guessing agents rely on being able to get meetings with clubs for their income. So all Gillespie was thinking of was getting in front of Hibs so he could say he'd done it.

Not taking the piss but what did they talk about for 4 solid days?

10 til 6?

Ann was explaining the route and timetable the Number 1 bus takes to Easter Road from Gorgie

After a while he agreed it was too far to travel

Is there a link to the full lafferty interview . Only seen a minute or so of it ?

Is there a link to the full lafferty interview . Only seen a minute or so of it ?

go on the Willie Miller thread that's the only one I've seen

It's on HeartsTV, I don't think there's another outlet that shows the whole thing just clips unfortunately!

Rudi Hates Hibees

Looking forward to his next interview already.

He's the type of player that thrives on the hate atmosphere and he's doing a marvellous job in building that up. If he keeps noising that lot up the first derby should be great.

I've got a good feeling about him, think he's going to be a fantastic player for us.

Rudolf's Mate

20 goal striker...:bruce:

We can but dream. Think Isma might have more of a shot of 20 goals this year now, in honesty.

I'd take double figures from Lafferty regardless.

I'd take that as well. As a lot of others have said, I think a lot of Isla's goals will come from Lafferty's work.

There is a video on YouTube with his Rangers Goals.

A very good finisher and good at taking a dig first time.

I was already a Frampton fan, now I love the lad. Well played that man! 

There is a video on YouTube with his Rangers Goals.

A very good finisher and good at taking a dig first time.

Aye, its just horrid watching that clubs fans celebrate  :sick:

Bowmans_Boot

He has always been a big game player, Im now looking forward very much to the first derby!!

Салатные палочки

Watched this clip. First game of the season should be interesting when Kyle and Broonie lock horns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40437416

That "headbutt" gets worse every time you watch it.  Mulgrew's face is pretty funny though, he just knows what's coming.  

Bowmans_Boot

That "headbutt" gets worse every time you watch it. Mulgrew's face is pretty funny though, he just knows what's coming.

Just like the Griffiths "did the ball cross the line?" free kick, it is extremely difficult to see exactly what happened from TV footage. 50/50 & Im giving Kyle the benefit of doubt ?

Салатные палочки

Just like the Griffiths "did the ball cross the line?" free kick, it is extremely difficult to see exactly what happened from TV footage. 50/50 & Im giving Kyle the benefit of doubt ?

Very much inconclusive.  

hmfc_liam06

20 goal striker...:bruce:

We can but dream. Think Isma might have more of a shot of 20 goals this year now, in honesty.

I'd take double figures from Lafferty regardless.

I think if we can have Lafferty and Goncalves contribute 40 goals between them then that'll be a great return.

By contribute I also mean assists.

Escobar PHM

Mulgrew subsequently joined Celtic. Tells you all you need to know about this vicious unprovoked assault.

Bowmans_Boot

Mulgrew subsequently joined Celtic. Tells you all you need to know about this vicious unprovoked assault.

Previously I had thought it was a pretty disgraceful dive. Having watched it again since Thursday I am at a loss as to how Mulgrew wasnt given a life ban. Shocking attack on a talented, innocent player.

A_A wehatethehibs

Watched this clip. First game of the season should be interesting when Kyle and Broonie lock horns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40437416

Actually forgot how good a player he was for Rangers. He was one of those attackers who while he didn't score every other game like Boyd, the goals he did score were often the important and decisive ones

Archived