Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Captain Bubblebeard

You have lost me.

Ok, well, guess I'll have to live with that. It's not really a particularly cryptic op, I don't think - apologies if it doesn't make sense to you. Feel free to give us your opinion on Lafferty nonetheless - that's really the point of the thread.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of hindsight geniuses on here (I am one of them!) who like nothing better than to wisely call things after the event. Great examples are Osh, Sammon and Cowie three year deals, Cathro appointment etc etc.

So for the avoidance of any doubt, let's see you nail your colours to the mast before a ball has been kicked on Lafferty.

Good signing? Two year deal too long/too short? Will he get goals?

NB: just a bit of fun so we can have a chuckle six months down the line when we have some real evidence to judge him on and folk are losing their shit over him being a terrible signing / the DoF making the error of only giving him a two year deal. Please keep the bickering to other threads - all opinions are valid at this stage!

To start the ball rolling, I think he's a decent signing, will get some but not bucketloads of goals but will contribute elsewhere, will split opinion and will leave after his two years neither a Sammon nor a Skacel.

He'll be shite. Like, really gash. We'll be absolutely raging by Christmas and he'll be used incessantly as another stick to beat Levein with. Sent off in the 1st derby too.

Stockton, meanwhile, will be a revelation and we'll be saying we should be sticking to signing players who want to play for us and develop instead of mercenaries looking for a way to keep fit for the World Cup.

He's never really been a proper first choice for teams in Britain.

This is a real chance to be a key player playing every week. He could thrive on that, being really wanted. Both Rangers and Norwich he was a bit part player.

Being "The main man" he could really thrive.

Medical is tomorrow morning it's reported.

Fails the medical.

38 lifetime bans on JKB to follow.

Meanwhile, at Easter Rd, Lennon sits staring angrily at the door and tapping his watch.

Quite accurate according to the Sun...

waynefozzie

I don't think he'll score 20 goals a season or anything like that, but I think that if he stays fit then he'll be an important part of an exciting and competitive new team. I think he'll occupy defences, push teams back, and open space for our creative players. I think he'll be a great foil for Isma (very excited to see what he does next year), and maybe he'll even help get the best out of Martin too. And I think he'll bring fight and bottle and spirit - qualities we badly need.

What's exciting me is that for the first time in years we seem to be signing players with a clear idea of the team we want to build and the system we want to play. That said, we better win handsomely away at Celtic first up or Cathy and the rest of the useless ***** can all GTF.

Aye GIRFUY.

It was in response to a couple of snide comments from you, this one the latest - "Same with the posters with chocolate egos making stuff up about a signing being imminent in order to seem important when they are talking absolute balls. JKB is like a breeding ground for pure weirdos."

Anything at all in that quote that you can justify?

I stated yesterday that the deal was imminent and you jumped on that word, well guess what? It was imminent - within 24 hours is imminent whether you like it or not.

Suck it up arsehole and just focus on enjoying this signing rather than having a go at folk who passed on information they had been given in good faith.

Brilliant. I'd mentioned i had heard it was happening as well and to be honest I'll never do it again given the abuse. Not worth it.

Bazzas right boot

e86d91d09e456fb2c8b10a9eaa20a0d8.jpg

I would still do the "lass" second from the left, is that wrong?

I like him already.

Apparently he left Keith Gillespie (his agent) sitting with Lennon at Easter Road while Kyle was signing a 2 year deal with us.

Top work!

He's a PR genius if nothing else. Off to a cracking start before he's even tied his boot laces!

Was never convinced when he played for Rangers. Thought he was a bit of a huddy truth be told. Can't honestly say I followed his career after that so have little to no idea if he's improved since then.

What he does have is what we've been missing for years. Swagger, self belief, confidence, self assured cockyness and most importantly, a dark streak. Exactly what we're after. Our team's been soft as shite since we emptied the minnows in the final. Hopefully Kyle's attitude is contagious.

Think he'll do well.

...a bit disco

I would still do the "lass" second from the left, is that wrong?

Have a word.

Look at her strides.

e86d91d09e456fb2c8b10a9eaa20a0d8.jpg

hahaha is the one in the stripey jumper picking his nose or suckin his thumb . Brilliant.

Bazzas right boot

Have a word.

Look at her strides.

They'd be aff!

I've had a rotten and busy week or two and then a heap of work travel and didn't get much time to follow what's going on but I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this thread on the few occasions I did get time to check in. Many thanks to the contributors. [emoji119]

Watt-Zeefuik

Clearly Lafferty has taken the scarf-over-heid pic but has told Hearts to keep it quiet so he can go over and have a sit down meeting with Lennon, pull out a pen, then proceed to give Lennie the 5-1 just before he rips off his shirt and does the Beattie straight out of ER.

I thought I was being funny but that's almost what he did!

Shanks said no

I'm almost tempted to go to the first league game at Parkhead, if he can turn in a NI style underdog victory and we managed to come away with 3 points then it would be an astonishing start to the season.

Very positive about the signing and given that Cathro / McPhee (think it was them) previously talked about Tynecastle being a difficult place for a nervous striker, I don't think it will be a problem for our 7' striker.

I have to agree with Redm!

This thread has been entertaining...after two days of following it we finally signed the man....don't know what il do now lol

maroonedinoz

On a connected note with Sevco interest waining it would be great if Walker reconsidered the new contract in light of the quality we are bringing in. Come on Jamie, step up, all is forgiven.

As I said earlier, the debate will soon turn to whether he is a GOOD signing, and whether he is worth the money.

Surely not 5k a week as some have claimed?

Bazzas right boot

As I said earlier, the debate will soon turn to whether he is a GOOD signing, and whether he is worth the money.

Surely not 5k a week as some have claimed?

Walker could be a legend for us. Worth every penny.

He needs to sign or we sell him asap.

He'll be on limbo if he trys to run down his contract now.

He had a decision to make.

Brilliant signing. When are we planning on writing him off as *****? Just looking for a rough timescale.

Brilliant signing. When are we planning on writing him off as *****? Just looking for a rough timescale.

He is shite. Can't get a game for NI ahead of Josh Maggenis. Bust up with Cathro by October.

He is shite. Can't get a game for NI ahead of Josh Maggenis. Bust up with Cathro by October.

kila, on 28 Jun 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

KYLE LAFFERTY became an instant Hearts idol ? after BLANKING Neil Lennon to sign at Tynecastle. Ex-Norwich and Rangers striker Lafferty was scheduled to meet Hibs boss Lenny as the rival clubs chased his signature.

One of his advisers, ex-Manchester United ace Keith Gillespie, was waiting at Hibs? training ground primed for negotiations with Lennon. But Lafferty, 29, opted instead to agree a lucrative two-year deal with the Jambos, after four days of intensive talks ? with Hearts boss Ian Cathro becoming increasingly nervous about the hovering Hibees.

SunSport understands the snub by the Northern Ireland star, who left Ibrox in 2012 following three title successes, left Gillespie embarrassed, and Lennon far from impressed. Lafferty will complete his return to Scotland?s top flight after a medical tomorrow morning.

:gok:

Is that the agent who was pictured with Lafferty a couple of times at tynecastle and who was in the car with them?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Very pleased with this signing. Also delighted to girfu the tramps.

This thread has been fun also.

:jjyay:

I'm definitely on board with this. Proven SPL stirker - knows the league and certainly no shrinking violet that's for sure.

Exactly the type of player we need. Hopefully other supporters hate him as much in a Hearts shirt as we did when he wore blue.

Not sure how much I believe the 'agent was sitting with Lennon while Kyle was signing for hearts' claim - but if it winds up the hobbits..... I'm all for it.

Jambo 4 Ever

Lots of hindsight geniuses on here (I am one of them!) who like nothing better than to wisely call things after the event. Great examples are Osh, Sammon and Cowie three year deals, Cathro appointment etc etc.

So for the avoidance of any doubt, let's see you nail your colours to the mast before a ball has been kicked on Lafferty.

Good signing? Two year deal too long/too short? Will he get goals?

NB: just a bit of fun so we can have a chuckle six months down the line when we have some real evidence to judge him on and folk are losing their shit over him being a terrible signing / the DoF making the error of only giving him a two year deal. Please keep the bickering to other threads - all opinions are valid at this stage!

To start the ball rolling, I think he's a decent signing, will get some but not bucketloads of goals but will contribute elsewhere, will split opinion and will leave after his two years neither a Sammon nor a Skacel.

I'll go for average season. Will start off well in first few games at home... and then will lose interest and get injured in December / Jan. Will be sent off twice by end of season.

But will finish season quite well!

Scores about 8 goals in total this season...

Hope I'm wrong and he does much better though.

Erik, on 29 Jun 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

I'm definitely on board with this. Proven SPL stirker - knows the league and certainly no shrinking violet that's for sure.

Exactly the type of player we need. Hopefully other supporters hate him as much in a Hearts shirt as we did when he wore blue.

Not sure how much I believe the 'agent was sitting with Lennon while Kyle was signing for hearts' claim - but if it winds up the hobbits..... I'm all for it.

Yep find it strange, are the sun saying the agent left Lafferty at tynecastle and arranged to meet him at hibs but Lafferty stayed behind and signed? or they were not at Tynecastle and arranged to meet at hibs and Kyle went back to Hearts on his own and signed?  highly suspicious either way...but still hope it happened though :tiny:

GorgieRules22

Must be a Hibbie with a username like that.

Dalstonjambo

Yep find it strange, are the sun saying the agent left Lafferty at tynecastle and arranged to meet him at hibs but Lafferty stayed behind and signed? or they were not at Tynecastle and arranged to meet at hibs and Kyle went back to Hearts on his own and signed? highly suspicious either way...but still hope it happened though :tiny:

Bearing in mind in that same article the Sub mention that we are playing our first 4 games away due to 'the delayed new stand' I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. These cretins don't even do basic fact checking.

Dalstonjambo, on 29 Jun 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:Dalstonjambo, on 29 Jun 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Bearing in mind in that same article the Sub mention that we are playing our first 4 games away due to 'the delayed new stand' I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. These cretins don't even do basic fact checking.

:2thumbsup:..if it is true then Lemmon wont be able to keep his trap shut about it so we shall wait and see

fabienleclerq

Yep find it strange, are the sun saying the agent left Lafferty at tynecastle and arranged to meet him at hibs but Lafferty stayed behind and signed? or they were not at Tynecastle and arranged to meet at hibs and Kyle went back to Hearts on his own and signed? highly suspicious either way...but still hope it happened though :tiny:

Nope, they are saying he has two representatives and Keith Gillespie was sitting at East mains.

Nope, they are saying he has two representatives and Keith Gillespie was sitting at East mains.

aah right and the other one was at Tynecastle watching Kyle sign for us?

Five to One

Gillespie was sent to East Mains to apologise to Lennon for the no show. He then did a cheeky 5-1 on the way out the door. 

As saying that so I wouldn't get disappointed if he never signed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So trolling others then ?

fireeagle51, on 28 Jun 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

As saying that so I wouldn't get disappointed if he never signed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And if he hadn't signed you would have said "I told you's so" ?

Shows how agents are cocks.

Says to me KL had his mind made up but Gillespie doing all he can to squeeze more dough from somewhere else.

The Scotsman quoting assistant manager Austin McCann as having a large part in the negotiations.

McCann :facepalm:

And if he hadn't signed you would have said "I told you's so" ?

Thats the usual idea for most of the moaning numpties. We're shite but at least I told you so and was right. :vrface:

Wonder how many are hoping he fails so they can score a point.

Rudolf's Mate

And most of you doubted me. Cheers to the ones that kept the faith. It will be quite pleasing to see a proper pr!ck on the pitch insted of in the stands next season. Something we have definatly missed someone with a bit of fight in them

No disrespect intended daz but I'll admit I was sceptical within the first few pages however pretty quickly it was clear that you were onto something.

Especially when a few other notable posters started saying similar.

EreWeG0.., on 29 Jun 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Thats the usual idea for most of the moaning numpties. We're shite but at least I told you so and was right. :vrface:

Wonder how many are hoping he fails so they can score a point.

:2thumbsup:

buzzbomb1958

Must be a Hibbie with a username like that.

This thread is absolutely riddled with them since he signed

buzzbomb1958, on 29 Jun 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

This thread is absolutely riddled with them since he signed

And prior to it

Bowmans_Boot

I was sceptical about signing him as I have never really rated him that highly. However, now he has actually joined us I am ecstatic and see it as a tremendous signing!! In true "fickle football fan" style!!

I think Isma (who I rate very highly) will flourish alongside him: 20+ goals this season.

Shows how agents are cocks.

Says to me KL had his mind made up but Gillespie doing all he can to squeeze more dough from somewhere else.

Not really, there was an agreement to meet Lennon, Kyle no-showed and Gillespie was down there waiting. That's twice Lafferty had dingied Lennon, the derbies will be even tastier now.

Archived