Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

jamtartan74

Had me going, ya prick :lol:

ah well let's just pretend I was telling the truth buddy [emoji23], who knows what's happening lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luckyBatistuta

This thread is surely proof positive that no-one knows anything about wtf is going on with this saga.

Maybe no one on here knows anything about wtf is going on with this saga, but the people that the people who don't know anything about wtf is going on with this saga know do.

gashauskis9

65VcrDc.jpg

That was their headline last night. To be fair, nobody including the media has a clue what is going on.

He'll be going to Easter Road tomorrow to tell them he can't wait to score a hat trick against them and put them in their place.

:fth:

I would have said that it was time after the second meeting. If it needed a third meeting to convince him to come to Tynecastle then it was one too many meetings for me.

Spot on, SM. Lafferty is a good player and would be a welcome addition, but he is not a world beater and I would rather we sign players who are really keen to join (even if of slightly less quality than eg Lafferty) rather than have to "wear down" supposedly better standard players.

I have a feeling that whether or not he is a success (if he were to sign) that he'll pick up a red against either Celtic or Rangers in our opening run.

How things would go from there is more elaborate guess work but I can see a Hearts #9 Lafferty walking off at both grounds before the 45.

Btw no itk or Mystic Meg-ging. A hunch.

I would have said that it was time after the second meeting. If it needed a third meeting to convince him to come to Tynecastle then it was one too many meetings for me.

Meeting 1 - See the facilities, talk to the management team, wined & dined

Meeting 2 - Discuss contract

Meeting 3 - Sign, scarf above head

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marilyn Manson more like if you'd give Mrs L the bums rush

who the heck is Marilyn Manson ???

Suspect Device

He's not free to sign a full contract until Saturday.

If his current contract runs till Friday?, then he can sign a contract.

Hearts just couldn't register it until Saturday surely

Malcolm Tucker

The state of this place when he signs for Hibs....

It's gonna be quite the sight.

jamboinglasgow

It's gonna be quite the sight.

I am now on edge and taking this as you know he is signing for Hibs.

:uhoh2:

Sorry for any offence JyTees. Wasn't my intention.

Not offended Soops. Just a general rant not directed at anyone in particular. It's a ****ing chore trying to garner information from this site at times though.

:thumbsup:

Deals like this, is when a shot at Europe this season might have been the clincher.

Aye, professional footballers are all about playing Maltese fishermen and posties. 

I very much doubt Lafferty and the vast majority of players Hearts are looking at and have spoken to give a rats arse that they won't get the opportunity to play in the completely guff early rounds of Europe.

Malcolm Tucker

I am now on edge and taking this as you know he is signing for Hibs.

:uhoh2:

Haha, like everyone else I know absolutely jack shit.

I just always expect the worst with these things.

The state of this place when he signs for Hibs....

Will be a serious kick in the stanes if that happens. Levein will get utterly destroyed.

jamboinglasgow

Haha, like everyone else I know absolutely jack shit.

I just always expect the worst with these things.

haha, fair enough, was thinking your brother was feeding you inside info on this one.

I am like that as well, when the poster who put up the fake itk previous, I just believed it. Hopefully tomorrow ends our misery.

Will be a serious kick in the stanes if that happens. Levein will get utterly destroyed.

Will he aye? Destroyed? Because a player chooses more money? Would you prefer we get into a bidding war with Hibs and pay whatever he asks? If Hibs want to throw money at one star player they're welcome to. We're working to a budget and have a number of targets.

Will he aye? Destroyed? Because a player chooses more money? Would you prefer we get into a bidding war with Hibs and pay whatever he asks? If Hibs want to throw money at one star player they're welcome to. We're working to a budget and have a number of targets.

Aye, DESTROYED.

IF he ends up there instead of at Hearts (personally I have no idea if he has even spoken to Hibs) our DoF should expect a lot of grief. This is clearly not any old target, this is one of our main targets of the pre season. Someone who has been pinpointed as a player who could make a big difference, who has connections with our coaching staff and who many of us thought would be out of our reach financially given where he is coming from. IF he goes to our greatest rivals, a team only just promoted back to the SPL after the sustained efforts we have made to get him then it will be a huge blow and without question a setback for the preparations. You can, as I've come to expect, live in your glorious little maroon fantasyland but thats the reality.

Hopefully later today Levein can take some time off recruiting the long list of players we require (given his atrocious recent transfer windows) and bask in securing what in my opinion would be an excellent and significant signing but if it goes the other way and he loses him to Hibs (NB not some team in England who can afford way more than us) he will rightly get pelters. I hope for his sake its the former and I will certainly be praising him if he gets the deal done.

Seymour M Hersh

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns ? the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our team and other teams, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

I hope this clarifies matters! 

i wish jj was my dad

Aye, DESTROYED.

IF he ends up there instead of at Hearts (personally I have no idea if he has even spoken to Hibs) our DoF should expect a lot of grief. This is clearly not any old target, this is one of our main targets of the pre season. Someone who has been pinpointed as a player who could make a big difference, who has connections with our coaching staff and who many of us thought would be out of our reach financially given where he is coming from. IF he goes to our greatest rivals, a team only just promoted back to the SPL after the sustained efforts we have made to get him then it will be a huge blow and without question a setback for the preparations. You can, as I've come to expect, live in your glorious little maroon fantasyland but thats the reality.

Hopefully later today Levein can take some time off recruiting the long list of players we require (given his atrocious recent transfer windows) and bask in securing what in my opinion would be an excellent and significant signing but if it goes the other way and he loses him to Hibs (NB not some team in England who can afford way more than us) he will rightly get pelters. I hope for his sake its the former and I will certainly be praising him if he gets the deal done.

Why would our DoF take any grief if a signing target with no connection to the club joined a rival for more money? We've had twenty years of spending money we didn't have and it didn't end well. That's why we have a wage ceiling.

FWIW, i can't stand Lafferty and I'm sceptical about whether he would be a positive influence at the club but I am impressed that we're targeting players at that level. The very fact that he knows our financial restrictions and is still willing to talk to us suggests our DoF is doing something right.  

If reports of interest in  Lafferty (true) McGregor, Berra(true) McGinn, Cadden and the Man City lad are true then our management team should be applauded whether or not they get the deals over the line.

rudi must stay

If reports of interest in Lafferty (true) McGregor, Berra(true) McGinn, Cadden and the Man City lad are true then our management team should be applauded whether or not they get the deals over the line.

Totally agree, shown a lot of ambition considering we don't have Europe and finished 5th last season so big names would take some convincing as Lafferty shows

So my update this morning says deal is done and the club are waiting to announce it. I do not know what the hold up is. However as all my posts in this thread say. A deal has been done. And whilst i had no reason to doubt that this morning i feel more confident than ever that he IS a hearts player.

Now i can see JJ has other info but i don't know where that has come from and i respect he may also have people itk. Different stories go to different people etc etc. Its not about point scoring or anything as JKB likes to make it out to be. I believe the deal is done and i still stick to that conclusion. The announcment i dont know what the hold up is but it may well be a double signing or due to a formal players death yesterday etc. The club are busy during the off season and prioties will no doubt be on other things also happening at the club right now. But my word is he is a hearts player and i have no doubt the club will say the same in due course.

So my update this morning says deal is done and the club are waiting to announce it. I do not know what the hold up is. However as all my posts in this thread say. A deal has been done. And whilst i had no reason to doubt that this morning i feel more confident than ever that he IS a hearts player.

Now i can see JJ has other info but i don't know where that has come from and i respect he may also have people itk. Different stories go to different people etc etc. Its not about point scoring or anything as JKB likes to make it out to be. I believe the deal is done and i still stick to that conclusion. The announcment i dont know what the hold up is but it may well be a double signing or due to a formal players death yesterday etc. The club are busy during the off season and prioties will no doubt be on other things also happening at the club right now. But my word is he is a hearts player and i have no doubt the club will say the same in due course.

Lets hope your info is correct... :)

I havent posted on this thread yet and has to be said the state folk have got in whether they are pro KL or against has been quite farcical, regardless of where he ends up...

Hopefully there is closure today, if not, the world keeps turning and funnily enough the Hearts will survive... :)

ford donald

If reports of interest in  Lafferty (true) McGregor, Berra(true) McGinn, Cadden and the Man City lad are true then our management team should be applauded whether or not they get the deals over the line.

I agree with that,but you can't chase that level of player,then offer them low wages.

Mars plastic

Aye, the first thing Levein and Gardiner did this morning was update you on the status of the deal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would our DoF take any grief if a signing target with no connection to the club joined a rival for more money? We've had twenty years of spending money we didn't have and it didn't end well. That's why we have a wage ceiling.

FWIW, i can't stand Lafferty and I'm sceptical about whether he would be a positive influence at the club but I am impressed that we're targeting players at that level. The very fact that he knows our financial restrictions and is still willing to talk to us suggests our DoF is doing something right.  

Your assumption is that the reason he would not sign for us and instead go to Hibs is because of money. You may be correct with that assumption but thats all it would be. My suspicion would be that Hearts and Hibs are in a position to offer a very similar wage and I can't imagine there would be much difference from our best offer and theirs. If, as would appear to be the case we are extremely set on signing him and he has been targeted as a key signing in our preparation for the new season it would be very disappointing if he were allowed to go to Easter Road. We have clearly been in the driving seat over them.

Personally I'm pretty positive he's coming to Hearts and should that be the case then the DoF and those pushing it through will again, like the Berra deal, get the praise this signing deserves.  

Westendjambo

By the time last night came we had spoke yesterday about what we had for lunch, dinner and supper but we hadnt spoke about the fact that lafferty had signed. The Sun stating lennon again trying to persuade him and that he still hasnt signed for us. Hope your right though dazza but theres plenty things i hoped would happen and never has. Im away for toast and beans

Five to One

Talking to Hibs probably

Had one decent game in his last spell there, the Cup Final. Hope he is talking to them. 

Hopefully this is the case. It would make sense that he could not be announced as a signing until the first of July if his contract with Norwich official ends at the end of June. Still can't understand why he would be entertaining Lennon if it's all signed sealed and dusted with us though. Nothing like something like this to have KB festering and raging though

Morning Jambos. If this bloke doesn't sign today I will be officially angry.

So my update this morning says deal is done and the club are waiting to announce it. I do not know what the hold up is. However as all my posts in this thread say. A deal has been done. And whilst i had no reason to doubt that this morning i feel more confident than ever that he IS a hearts player

I do believe you are posting in good faith and just relating what your source is t telling you .

For what it's worth I'm not convinced a deal has been done and don't think a deal wil now be done .

Morning Jambos. If this bloke doesn't sign today I will be officially angry.

The general concencous is that a deal will be done today either way. My own opinion is he will sign for us after speaking to Lennon due to courtesy and probably not wanting to burn his bridges with him.

Sound lad. :)

That'll do me.

Archived