Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure on this one i get the reasoning but i have the fear of someone who will not apply himself.....

Im not sure on this one i get the reasoning but i have the fear of someone who will not apply himself.....

Wants a slot in the NI team for World Cup. He will apply himself knowing MacPhee has a say in that team, also knowing Michael O'Neil lives in Edinburgh and will no doubt be along to watch the famous on a few occasions

Are we becoming Northern Ireland (McPhee United)?

All managers and coaches call on their contacts to build a team. For better or worse.

Rangers are doing it just now as well.

As are hibs. As long as they keep an ex Celtic coach on board they can sponge off their big brothers.

John Findlay

We have an ace up our sleeves. A week's free holiday on Ann's boat in the Med. Has to be a deal clincher.

Escobar PHM

As i said it all depends on the medical tomorrow and would be unproffesional to parade a player infront of a few fans, who at that time had not had a medical or signed the contract.

He cant sign a full contract with us until the 1st July unless Norwich release him early.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We have an ace up our sleeves. A week's free holiday on Ann's boat in the Med. Has to be a deal clincher.

Aye but just keep a watch out for that sergey guy. Wouldn't want any accidents.

Lafferty will be our best attacking signing since Skacel, imo.

I ****ing hope so.

Lafferty will be our best attacking signing since Skacel, imo.

If he applies himself then Goncalves will love having him alongside.

Goncalves will score plenty next season if given support

Out of respect i wont be naming my source, however they have been involved at the club for the last 4/5 years and was told directly last night by that person.

Would be great news

And keep the info coming

I also respect you won't divulge your source

Dr. Bapswent

He means look at the way apparent "one of us" Hearts fans like Walker, Nicholson etc have treated the club they have supposed to support. They've not exactly played for the jersey or shown much passion or fight lately.

He thinks maybe we'd be better with higher quality players who will fight like crazy if the pay is right.

I think that's his point. Kind of makes sense to me.

As for Lafferty - i think it's a risk and I'm not convinced that he'll be what we're pinning our hopes on. He does have cult hero potential and we do lack an arsehole. Whoever said we were too fluffy is spot on. All we can do is hope that he buys into the club and really makes a good go of things.

l

Kind of

What I also meant was, they are never pure Hearts men, and we can't pretend they are.

For some reason many only want to believe the players that are on the pitch have only wanted to play for Hearts in their dreams. We know that's not true for these guys.

Nor is it true for almost every player - however that is no bad thing if they have fight and determination. At least with these guys we can't pretend they have suddenly got the dream move to the club of their dreams. So we will treat them like the mercenaries they are and not kid ourselves with any other fantasy.

loveofthegame

Might actually be a good strategy. Northern Ireland would win the spfl comfortably

Celtic are a far superior side to NI.

Off topic though. Back on topic, Lafferty potentially a great signing.

This was posted earlier.

I'm fairly cetain i started the thread and said within 48 hours before SSN, not about point scoring just nice to share genuine information on to fellow hearts fans when you know.

I'm fairly cetain i started the thread and said within 48 hours before SSN, not about point scoring just nice to share genuine information on to fellow hearts fans when you know.

It had been discussed for days in the other transfer thread???

Starting a new thread with info you read on another thread doesn't mean you have an ITK source!

Buffalo Bill

If he's not up for application then he could take a better offer financially elsewhere.

If he comes to Hearts, he's coming here for the right reasons - to start, to play, to score goals and to get himself to the World Cup. 

fabienleclerq

He cant sign a full contract with us until the 1st July unless Norwich release him early.

This makes no sense. He's free to sign for anyone surely? As long as the contract is for after his current one ending, same as Berra?

Escobar PHM

You have a better than 50-50 chance of guessing correctly and dressing it up as ITK IMO.

Escobar PHM

This makes no sense. He's free to sign for anyone surely? As long as the contract is for after his current one ending, same as Berra?

He can sign a pre-contract yes. Like Berra.

If he's not up for application then he could take a better offer financially elsewhere.

If he comes to Hearts, he's coming here for the right reasons - to start, to play, to score goals and to get himself to the World Cup. 

It comes down to how much he wants to go to the World Cup.

Rudolf's Mate

And this was why I made my Banderson comment. He's always several days behind the scoop trying to pass it off as insider knowledge.

Are we becoming Northern Ireland (McPhee United)?

Michael O'Neill is now our consultant transfer fixer

further talks taken place this morning i here, if personal terms are agreed a medical will be scheduled tomorrow. 

Rocky jamboa

I would have preferred us to push for Sow to be honest, if it's right that his contract is up soon. Maybe we have though.

I wasn't fussed for lafferty at rangers but he always looked good for NI. really skilful - like a different played so could be good for us.

Not claiming to be ITK. Just stating what i knew. And started a new thread for a deal that will happen. Dont post on here often and i'm just passing on what I know. I will just continue to read in the future. Forgot just how much posters with less than 100k posts are deemed to be idiots claiming to be ITK. The deal will happen and I wont be posting any further information i find out about this or any other deals in the future. Shame that JKB is such a clique.

Q: Would you give Lafferty a 3 year contract?

Not shite enough for a 3 year deal. That is how we roll.

Bazzas right boot

Not claiming to be ITK. Just stating what i knew. And started a new thread for a deal that will happen. Dont post on here often and i'm just passing on what I know. I will just continue to read in the future. Forgot just how much posters with less than 100k posts are deemed to be idiots claiming to be ITK. The deal will happen and I wont be posting any further information i find out about this or any other deals in the future. Shame that JKB is such a clique.

The internet is full of wallopers, it shouldn't surprise you.

But, if you are easily hurt or offended, JKB probably isn't the best place for you.

Thanks for the info , anyhoo.

I know he'll be an asset but he really was a huge nobend at Rangers. I just hope he bangs in the goals so I forget how much I hated him back then.

Aye, but he was a Rangers knob end! If he signs, he'll be our knob end!

I wouldn't take it personally. It is said in a jovial way they kb is for arseholes, unfortunately it is becoming a very sad truth. Too many imposters who are as subtle as a brick. Too many self righteous arseholes who appear to genuinely believe what they type and only their opinion matters.

Having said all that, kb gets it so right often. Just not often enough. Keep posting your info when you get it, your bang on so far and remember, haters going to hate.

...a bit disco

Q: Would you give Lafferty a 3 year contract?

Happily.

You learn to ignore / deal with criticism etc on here and other similar

It's the new playground

maroonlegions

The internet is full of wallopers, it shouldn't surprise you.

But, if you are easily hurt or offended, JKB probably isn't the best place for you.

Thanks for the info , anyhoo.

This place is teaming with trolls and wee gangs that hunt in packs and also vermin.

Ok we are all entitled to our opinion and not everyone will always agree but you would find it hard to find any thread on here that is not being trolled or is smelling of vermin like trolls.

I'M ITK! 

And an idiot. 

Unknown user

:laugh: mate, you need to laugh it off and take it less seriously - you just gave a whole website a row!

There are always opposing views and always people who think you're taking shit, it's the nature of the beast. There's rarely more than three of us agreeing on anything by the way, a pretty rubbish clique!

Rudolf's Mate

This place is teaming with trolls and wee gangs that hunt in packs and also vermin.

Ok we are all entitled to our opinion and not everyone will always agree but you would find it hard to find any thread on here that is not being trolled or is smelling of vermin like trolls.

The last few posts are spoton however you've hit the nail on the head. Coming from someone that hardly ever agrees with you [emoji3]

Meow.

Been there mate. I only pm 2 or 3 guys/gals on the board now with anything, They're appreciative of that and They've had some stuff long before the papers got them. If they choose to share it here I don't mind but I won't. How you play it is up to yourself but I choose to keep it between the odd 2/3 that pm me.

BBC reporting Hibs in for Lafferty now...

I'm quite sure there will be a few clubs.

Just because he's in talks with us doesn't mean we will get him.

Hibs need a replacement for Cummings that the fans will accept as a suitable name.

They could well pay over the odds just to appease.

Thought Police

Has it not been reported a few times that Hibs were also interested?

Archived