Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

They were talking about the players coming in and strengthening the squad. 

Locke definitely was discussing how Berra coming back would give the team a real leader something we needed.

Berra was talking about how exciting it was with the quality of players potentially coming in and the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro.

One of the two of them named Lafferty when they were talking about the quality of the players potentially coming in.

That was about it. It was all positive stuff. 

Maybe someone else from the 200+ people in the Gorgie Suite today could verify if it was Locke or Berra who said it.   

Hang on, hang on...

"the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro."

Good to hear.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
queensferryjambo

Hang on, hang on...

"the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro."

Good to hear.

When Berra was talking about the new training techniques he had encountered since coming back to Hearts he looked into the crowd and very genuinely said that 'he wasn't just saying that' and he really meant it. 

Berra came over as a really level headed switched on guy.

The Future's Maroon

I'm ok with swallowing

I'm on iPad so can't put the appropriate pic up for some reason, but it will cum lol...

John Findlay

When Berra was talking about the new training techniques he had encountered since coming back to Hearts he looked into the crowd and very genuinely said that 'he wasn't just saying that' and he really meant it.

Berra came over as a really level headed switched on guy.

Of course he is. Was educated at St Thomas's like the best of us.

Westendjambo

I'm going this way too. HATED him at Rangers and he's always on my list of footballers I genuinely dislike. But im fickle and this could actually be a top signing.

Same. One of these players that love to be hated and will up his game when opposition fans give him pelters. The type of player we need right now.

Wont hold my breath on us signing him but we need a few players that will bring a bit of personality on to the playing field and into the changing room. KL fits the bill imo

A lot of bull,we are miles away regarding to wage demands.He was on 35k A week at Norwich.

Aye so he came to Tynie on friday wth the Mrs for a cold pie.

I remember a poster who, when Berra was being announced, would thrash his keyboard to death with Lego stuck up his nostrils, proclaiming he'll not sign. Reasons such as: we're not offering enough, his kid in reality hates him, or Jupiter isn't rising in Capricorn...or some such pish.

He's funnily gone quiet recently.

Anyway. Despite that, the fact we are linked too/have signed/are trying/ and may be signing players such as Berra, McGinn, Lafferty & McGregor, is credit to Cathro & Co.

Rab Douglas & Steve Lovell, don't have quite the same ring, and ambition to them.

We are targeting good, seasoned, experienced and genuinely exciting players, possibly on wages higher than what we have been. The reality is we have to improve & compete, both on and off the field.

Of course, we may get all, some, or none of the targets. Though if it's an indication of what we're aiming to do this year, I'm pleased to see the ambition, and what else we could line up instead, if our targets fell through.

:thumbsup:

Maroon Sailor

When did Sclafferty become Lafferty ? Sign of the times I suppose

Gorgie_Rules

Guy Demel had been on the books at Arsenal, played for Borussia Dortmund, Hamburg then went from West Ham to a relegation bound Dundee Utd. Not all players are motivated by money especially once they have made a decent sum in their career, often its about getting a club where you can be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Berra would have made more money in his career than Lafferty however he has signed. Granted he has family reasons but if Lafferty's main motivation is signing for a club that he will get regular games to impressive enough to make a potential Northern Ireland world cup squad then we are a good fit. I think the biggest danger is a side who will be pushing for League 1 in England will snap him up, however most of the top end clubs are probably looking at higher quality 

As mentioned we need characters in the team who hate losing and are hated by other clubs, the type of mentality we have lacked in a while, Black, Rudi, Suso-esque 

Maroon Sailor

Guy Demel had been on the books at Arsenal, played for Borussia Dortmund, Hamburg then went from West Ham to a relegation bound Dundee Utd. Not all players are motivated by money especially once they have made a decent sum in their career, often its about getting a club where you can be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Berra would have made more money in his career than Lafferty however he has signed. Granted he has family reasons but if Lafferty's main motivation is signing for a club that he will get regular games to impressive enough to make a potential Northern Ireland world cup squad then we are a good fit. I think the biggest danger is a side who will be pushing for League 1 in England will snap him up, however most of the top end clubs are probably looking at higher quality

As mentioned we need characters in the team who hate losing and are hated by other clubs, the type of mentality we have lacked in a while, Black, Rudi, Suso-esque

He's fecking pish

i rarely comment on these things but I did hear from someone that Tuesday will be "interesting". He wouldn't allude if it was Lafferty but gave me a wink and said I'd be happy. And nope I can't say who it was.

Lest we forget ... 

Either way, I'd be delighted if we were able to pull off another coup like Lafferty. Like others have said, we are lacking the kind of arrogant w*****s that win matches. 

I'm desperate for Lafferty to sign, exactly the type of character we need, opposition fans will hate him.

Fraggle1990

Laff was on 20k a week at Norwich and got a 1mil signing on fee.

Holyrood_Hearts

After watching the likes of Watt, Sammon, Muirhead & Johnsen last season alone I don't get why anyone wouldn't want Lafferty. He's much better than those above.

My source (who telt me Jack Hamilton wouldn't be number 1 this season) has intimated Lafferty deal is now about crossing t's and dotting i's. He is 90% sure it's happening, subject to a couple of minor contract details. In fact, he's had his medical already. Also told we're looking at a Northern Irish defender and a deal may be announced tomorrow. Plays for Peterborough the noo...

Maroon Sailor

After watching the likes of Watt, Sammon, Muirhead & Johnsen last season alone I don't get why anyone wouldn't want Lafferty. He's much better than those above.

Says more about Hearts and Scottish football if people are jacking off about Lafferty

My source (who telt me Jack Hamilton wouldn't be number 1 this season) has intimated Lafferty deal is now about crossing t's and dotting i's. He is 90% sure it's happening, subject to a couple of minor contract details. In fact, he's had his medical already. Also told we're looking at a Northern Irish defender and a deal may be announced tomorrow. Plays for Peterborough the noo...

Michael Smith?

Jambo 4 Ever

Interesting

Defender is michael smith perhaps?

Did your source say anything about us signing a keeper?

Blackie the Cat

Michael Smith?

TheExecutive

His medical is tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Interesting

Defender is michael smith perhaps?

Did your source say anything about us signing a keeper?

I believe that's the guy. No news on keeper as yet. If (big IF) it's to be McGregor, nothing has been leaked in my mate's direction.

His medical is tomorrow. :thumbsup:

It may well be, just passing on the info as I received it. Either way, I'm hopeful it's almost over the line.

Dr. Bapswent

At least we won't have to pretend they are playing for the privelidge of pulling on the maroon jersey.

Odious people. But footballing mercenaries who are ruthless and what's needed.

The Peterborough owner Darragh Mcanthony was tweeting that Smith was the interest of a Scottish team (i.e us) so sounds like its been happening for a while.

Roll on tomorrow!

HillmanHearts

The Peterborough owner Darragh Mcanthony was tweeting that Smith was the interest of a Scottish team (i.e us) so sounds like its been happening for your

BonningtonJambo

The Peterborough owner Darragh Mcanthony was tweeting that Smith was the interest of a Scottish team (i.e us) so sounds like its been happening for a while.

Roll on tomorrow!

Yeah seen that he was ment to be going to coventry but then he said something about a spfl prem club in for him so it would be unlikely he'd be joining coventry..hopefully its us then

Tynecastlesmychurch

Agree with you about Lafferty being better. But I'd happily have Muirhead at the club!

At least we won't have to pretend they are playing for the privelidge of pulling on the maroon jersey.

Odious people. But footballing mercenaries who are ruthless and what's needed.

What the **** are you on about?

What the **** are you on about?

He means look at the way apparent "one of us" Hearts fans like Walker, Nicholson etc have treated the club they have supposed to support. They've not exactly played for the jersey or shown much passion or fight lately.

He thinks maybe we'd be better with higher quality players who will fight like crazy if the pay is right.

I think that's his point. Kind of makes sense to me.

As for Lafferty - i think it's a risk and I'm not convinced that he'll be what we're pinning our hopes on. He does have cult hero potential and we do lack an arsehole. Whoever said we were too fluffy is spot on. All we can do is hope that he buys into the club and really makes a good go of things.

Randy Marsh

Lest we forget ... 

Either way, I'd be delighted if we were able to pull off another coup like Lafferty. Like others have said, we are lacking the kind of arrogant w*****s that win matches. 

I remember this well.  I absolutely loved what Lafferty did here.  This match was shortly after we played Aberdeen away and Miko was sent off in similar circumstances.  The Aberdeen players including Mulgrew basically cheated to get Miko sent off.  Superb stuff from Lafferty there.

I don't hate or even dislike Lafferty and McGregor. Starting to doubt my PHM credentials. :)

Whether we sign both or neither it's clear were in the market for the right quality of player. No more costly, hope for the best, gambles but tried and tested signings who can, and hopefully will, hit the ground running.

The speculation has certainly taken the pressure and focus off Ian Cathro and the, understandable, discontent at his tenure thus far.

There's no denying Lafferty is an improvement on what we've currently got, although if we're being honest, that's probably not saying a whole lot.

I've defo not been a fan of the guy over the years, but I'm open to seeing how he applies himself in a Hearts top. I'll save my  / hate verdicts for the guy till after I've seen what he has to offer us and how he goes about things.

He means look at the way apparent "one of us" Hearts fans like Walker, Nicholson etc have treated the club they have supposed to support. They've not exactly played for the jersey or shown much passion or fight lately.

He thinks maybe we'd be better with higher quality players who will fight like crazy if the pay is right.

I think that's his point. Kind of makes sense to me.

As for Lafferty - i think it's a risk and I'm not convinced that he'll be what we're pinning our hopes on. He does have cult hero potential and we do lack an arsehole. Whoever said we were too fluffy is spot on. All we can do is hope that he buys into the club and really makes a good go of things.

Yeh, I actually read it wrong tbh. I also agree with that.

If we sign Lafferty I will be very optimistic about us next season, next step is getting a good goalkeeper in which thankfully they look to be doing, I'm starting to feel as if they are at least attempting to get the right players in opposed to these punts on any old foreign guy that we can get on the cheap, promising signs.

Son Of Anarchy

There's no denying Lafferty is an improvement on what we've currently got, although if we're being honest, that's probably not saying a whole lot.

I've defo not been a fan of the guy over the years, but I'm open to seeing how he applies himself in a Hearts top. I'll save my / hate verdicts for the guy till after I've seen what he has to offer us and how he goes about things.

Where I'm at too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When I mentioned I was ok with swallowing didn't realise I would get so many volunteers. What a strange bunch you are.

Nowhere did I say I would be doing the swallowing :lol:

Had pints with big Laffy last night. Promised he'd score loads for us.

:look:

A_A wehatethehibs

Are we becoming Northern Ireland (McPhee United)?

Might actually be a good strategy. Northern Ireland would win the spfl comfortably

Archived