Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

The closer we seem to get to signing lafferty the more i like him. Couldn't stand him at rangers and wasn't madly enthusiastic but would now love to see him for us. Very much the type of player we need if he's still got his legs.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine Lafferty knows what level Hearts are at in terms of wages on offer. If he was driven by money, he would never have been up here the other day. That gives me hope that a deal will be struck and he will sign.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yer no gonna turn up fur a joab at Mickey D's unless you have checked oot the wages are ye

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I would imagine Lafferty knows what level Hearts are at in terms of wages on offer. If he was driven by money, he would never have been up here the other day. That gives me hope that a deal will be struck and he will sign.

He certainly can't repeat the last 2 years where he hardly played for Norwich

I agree. Unless it's a way of getting his name in the papers and attract offers from wealthier clubs.

The Internet

The closer we seem to get to signing lafferty the more i like him. Couldn't stand him at rangers and wasn't madly enthusiastic but would now love to see him for us. Very much the type of player we need if he's still got his legs.

I'm going this way too. HATED him at Rangers and he's always on my list of footballers I genuinely dislike. But im fickle and this could actually be a top signing.

A lot of bull,we are miles away regarding to wage demands.He was on 35k A week at Norwich.

35k a week hahaha

gashauskis9

We need bawbags that other teams hate. It's what we're missing, we've been too fluffy since Rudi and Black left. Walker's the only player who's came close since.

kingantti1874

We need bawbags that other teams hate. It's what we're missing, we've been too fluffy since Rudi and Black left. Walker's the only player who's came close since.

Blackie is only 32..

Fxxx the SPFL

fluffy well that's a new one lol

Rudolf's Mate

A lot of bull,we are miles away regarding to wage demands.He was on 35k A week at Norwich.

Whittaker was on ?20k...

When he was in the EPL ffs!

Redmond was only ?25k in the EPL.

Whittaker was on ?20k...

When he was in the EPL ffs!

Redmond was only ?25k in the EPL.

There has been info published on Norwich wages. Who knows if true. Top earners ?40k then ?35k including Naismith.

Lafferty sounds like he would be nearer ?20k

There is no way he was here just for a jolly...a blind man could see that his previous salary was outwith what we can offer...he has made his money...it's all about playing week in, week out which is what he will do at us. Make no mistake of we are to sign a million pound plus player I will be fookin delighted...got a really good feeling about this!

In my opinion..decision he has is somewhere like ipswich for cash but might not get game

Or someone like hearts for lower salary but be guaranteed to play and more likely to succeed...inturn get back in northern irelandd starting 11.

If he signs with us he has a big opportunity.

Doesn't act like a total bell and scores goals he will get noticed for international duty.

All going to plan he's off to the world cup.

At his age it could be his last chance of a world cup appearance as well.

Money aside he will jump at that opportunity and he should also have all the motivation required to perform every week.

Elias Henry Furst

Yer no gonna turn up fur a joab at Mickey D's unless you have checked oot the wages are ye

Spot on kimo.

Lafferty knew the offer before pitching up at Tynecastle on Friday.

Rudolf's Mate

There has been info published on Norwich wages. Who knows if true. Top earners ?40k then ?35k including Naismith.

Lafferty sounds like he would be nearer ?20k

You'd certainly think so.

I found a site which claimed the following:

f15ca669c350f826e8129d35c7e9f8ff.png

Not sure how correct as that would have him on basic of around ?10k pw. Not taking 2016 exchange rates into acc.

Spot on kimo.

Lafferty knew the offer before pitching up at Tynecastle on Friday.

That's the 1st thing his agent would ask when we contacted him

Imagine Spartans had phoned his agent

"Aye we will come doon and huv a look I will get Kyle's bird too come Doon anaw. Wages don't tell me the now just tell us when we get there yeh. Friday at 11 yeh we shall see you there mate, I'll get kyle to wear a nice denim trooser and jumper number"

If Berra can take a massive wage cut to get game time and play for a club he wants to play for I'd imagine Lafferty would consider it too, even without the prior connection to Hearts. He strikes me as someone who likes his bling going by that Bentley he drove at Rangers so I'd be surprised if he chose us over money but we'll see.

Really hope this is true. Just want it pushed over the line asap so that we can then use Berra, Lafferty, Hughes and the new stand and added support to drive other big names to Tynecastle.

I also hope he has cut out the silly play acting and diving from his game. The refs will be looking to punish him for the slightest.

So Michael O'Neill might be encouraging Lafferty to come here to stay in N.Ireland squad

While he encouraged Boyce to go to the Championship to increase his chances of place in N.Ireland squad.

He also helped Aaron Hughes settle into Edinburgh and perhaps played a part in him signing for this season

Michael O'Neill seems to like the Hearts

queensferryjambo

What was said?

They were talking about the players coming in and strengthening the squad. 

Locke definitely was discussing how Berra coming back would give the team a real leader something we needed.

Berra was talking about how exciting it was with the quality of players potentially coming in and the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro.

One of the two of them named Lafferty when they were talking about the quality of the players potentially coming in.

That was about it. It was all positive stuff. 

Maybe someone else from the 200+ people in the Gorgie Suite today could verify if it was Locke or Berra who said it.   

Sierra Delta

Be pleasantly surprised if he does join us. Really do think he'd be an excellent signing. 

I know he'll be an asset but he really was a huge nobend at Rangers. I just hope he bangs in the goals so I forget how much I hated him back then.

They were talking about the players coming in and strengthening the squad.

Locke definitely was discussing how Berra coming back would give the team a real leader something we needed.

Berra was talking about how exciting it was with the quality of players potentially coming in and the great feeling in the squad with the way they are coached and trained by Cathro.

One of the two of them named Lafferty when they were talking about the quality of the players potentially coming in.

That was about it. It was all positive stuff.

Maybe someone else from the 200+ people in the Gorgie Suite today could verify if it was Locke or Berra who said it.

Thanks QFJ

If he signs with us he has a big opportunity.

Doesn't act like a total bell and scores goals he will get noticed for international duty.

All going to plan he's off to the world cup.

At his age it could be his last chance of a world cup appearance as well.

Money aside he will jump at that opportunity and he should also have all the motivation required to perform every week.

Good post. Great observations as re what we can offer him and it doesn't all revolve round money.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I have always thought he was a top bloke. Lovely chap

Elias Henry Furst

So Michael O'Neill might be encouraging Lafferty to come here to stay in N.Ireland squad

While he encouraged Boyce to go to the Championship to increase his chances of place in N.Ireland squad.

He also helped Aaron Hughes settle into Edinburgh and perhaps played a part in him signing for this season

Michael O'Neill seems to like the Hearts

I know you say in almost jest but my best mate played under him at Brechin and said similarly. Often complementing the club in conversation at a time when Romanov's behaviour was at its most erratic and it was easy to sling mud.

gashauskis9

fluffy well that's a new one lol

You know what I mean. No one hates us, no one fears us. We're a pushover.

Whether it happens or not why are some people so astounded that Lafferty or McGregor may join Hearts?

It's a natural course for some players. A realisation their day near the top has been and gone and that coming to Hearts on say 5k a week isn't a bad move at their age where they'll be first picks.

Like Berra, maybe it's about home comforts now(Lafferty's missus apparently wants nearer home) , they've made their money and as they are at the tail end of their careers they'll get regular football here.

Dr. Bapswent

Kyle Lafferty and Allan McGregor ..... 2 hateful players

But both probably the quality we need next season

Tough one to swallow.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tough one to swallow.

I'm ok with swallowing

MacDonald Jardine

Tough one to swallow.

Also the type of characters we need.

Deans Jambo

That's the 1st thing his agent would ask when we contacted him

Imagine Spartans had phoned his agent

"Aye we will come doon and huv a look I will get Kyle's bird too come Doon anaw. Wages don't tell me the now just tell us when we get there yeh. Friday at 11 yeh we shall see you there mate, I'll get kyle to wear a nice denim trooser and jumper number"

:rofl:

Tough one to swallow.

Diks

But winners.

Cannot be accused of being a wage thief.

I hope we get them.

I'm ok with swallowing

Me too

...... i mean am i **** thats disgusting

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ibrahim Tall

Tough one to swallow.

Winners often are, most opposing fans hated Rudi too for example.

Hated both at Rangers but I'd be happy to sign them tbh, fed up with having a team of likeable losers.

Players we've all hated over the years (Hobos aside) are usually ones we would give our right arm for. Lafferty fits the bill

Recruitment going into the right direction IMO.

Definitely and can add Niall Mcginn to the list of players we're supposedly interested in. They're all good players in positions we need strengthening. Getting them to sign is the hard part but you can't fault the list of targets so far.

Archived