Sky TV

steve123

3 hours ago, interjambo said:

Just cancelled Sky at the weekend was on an offer and the price was going up to £48. Just got a call from Sky telling me how valuable a customer I was and if I wanted to rejoin they could do me a good deal for £54. Eh naw.

Another one going to cancel,package going up from £75 per month to £92 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean Winchester

• Ribble

• jack D and coke

• Mysterion

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Anyone looking to gar a Sky TV account, I've been offered a deal for a £100 prepaid mastercard each for me and any friend I introduce.

I’ve been offered the same deal,I think anyone with an account can get same offer.

10 hours ago, obua said:

I’ve been offered the same deal,I think anyone with an account can get same offer.

I figured that was probably the case but could do with £100 so thought it was worth mentioning on here on the off chance someone was looking sign up.

• 3 weeks later...
Do The Dance

Is there a friends & family offer on just now?

Any update on the bt sport on sky deal happening?

Dean Winchester

Hi bud

Usual 40% is still on and theres one that includes a percentage off Broadband if required as well. 

Still not heard anything more about the BT deal. Getting rather annoying, not sure if it's an issue in our side or theirs

Do The Dance
45 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Hi bud

Usual 40% is still on and theres one that includes a percentage off Broadband if required as well. 

Still not heard anything more about the BT deal. Getting rather annoying, not sure if it's an issue in our side or theirs

What does 40% work out as on full package mate? I can only get fibre from virgin unfortunately...

The bt thing is quite annoying as adding it to a sky TV and virgin internet package is pretty expensive! Could do with a bit of discount!

Dean Winchester

At a guess 60-70 but it depends on things like multi room etc

Yeah tell me about it. I pay more for BT Sports than I do for all my sky services

Stewie Griffin
4 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

At a guess 60-70 but it depends on things like multi room etc

Yeah tell me about it. I pay more for BT Sports than I do for all my sky services

Hi Dean 

any chance you could send me a code / email to get the deal for friends and family someone at my work is looking to get sky tv and broadband 

• 4 weeks later...
scott herbertson

My in laws have moved in with me (before you dust down the Les Dawson jokes, can i just get in that they are great people and I am very pro this!)

He has Sky HD with two boxes. Currently have John Lewis Broadband/ phone package and no TV at all (use a smart DVD played and netflix/ amazon prime plus the Iplayer options

Is there a decent sky deal to include the sports , films broadband and phone? I notice they were talking about broadband in every room and I have 9 bedrooms so does this apply! Would only need t to three or four rooms, five max?

Any suggestions appreciated. I do have a mate who works for Sky but before I talk to him would be interested in any advice?

Dean Winchester
13 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

My in laws have moved in with me (before you dust down the Les Dawson jokes, can i just get in that they are great people and I am very pro this!)

He has Sky HD with two boxes. Currently have John Lewis Broadband/ phone package and no TV at all (use a smart DVD played and netflix/ amazon prime plus the Iplayer options

Is there a decent sky deal to include the sports , films broadband and phone? I notice they were talking about broadband in every room and I have 9 bedrooms so does this apply! Would only need t to three or four rooms, five max?

Any suggestions appreciated. I do have a mate who works for Sky but before I talk to him would be interested in any advice?

I have a 35% off code just now so it would depend on what package you built up. Fire me a PM with your email and I can send it on.

Broadband will just be a normal monthly charge but you might need some wi-fi boosters if you want to cover that size of house fully (also depends on where your router sits etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Any decent deals going at the moment? Just bought a new build, move in tomorrow, looking for basic sky package? Or any decent deals, already got broadband sorted with BT as it’s fibre to house 

On 05/11/2019 at 08:17, Dean Winchester said:

I have a 35% off code just now so it would depend on what package you built up. Fire me a PM with your email and I can send it on.

Broadband will just be a normal monthly charge but you might need some wi-fi boosters if you want to cover that size of house fully (also depends on where your router sits etc.)

This still the best deal going just now bud?

FrightenedRabbit

I have some Sky deals. PM me your email if interested and I'll forward you the offer.

New customers offer

35% off all Sky TV bundles and Broadband

Existing customer offer

25% off Sky Cinema
25% off Complete Sports
25% off TV Packs

• 1 month later...
Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, G.Wright said:

Evening, 

My virgin deal is up mid January. Are there any new customer offers available for Sky? 

Cheers 

Fire me a PM with your name and email 👍

• 8 months later...
Dean Winchester

Had a few people messaging me asking me if there was still deals on.

New Customers

35% off the entire package

Existing Customers

25% off a TV pack if they don't have it already (including Sports)

40% off the data portion for a new sim and phone deal

Moving house within the next week. I have the full whack of Sky(TV, broadband and phone). Have had this for 30 odd years. Phoned up today to find out how much it would be for the same package but at the new house. Bare in mind I was going to need a new dish and router plus all the other bits I would need. Cost....zero. Quite pleased. Don't care if I'm selling my soul to the devil. Free is good. And it's £10 cheaper than I'm currently paying

Edited by inspector

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in negotiations with Sky on renewing my tv/broadband. They're offering a free upgrade to Sky Q. Is this going to end up costing me more in the long run? I know the Sky Q box does all sorts of magical things, but I'm happy enough staying with my 'normal' box if it works out cheaper.

Cheers

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm in negotiations with Sky on renewing my tv/broadband. They're offering a free upgrade to Sky Q. Is this going to end up costing me more in the long run? I know the Sky Q box does all sorts of magical things, but I'm happy enough staying with my 'normal' box if it works out cheaper.

Cheers

I’m still on my 3 old sky boxes but eventually they will break or become unusable so would be tempted to take a ‘cost free’ offer to upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Cheers

Don’t settle with the free upgrade, I got that and also a monthly cost reduction. Just takes a couple of threats to cancel everything.

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m still on my 3 old sky boxes but eventually they will break or become unusable so would be tempted to take a ‘cost free’ offer to upgrade. 

That's the main selling point for me. I'll probably never use all the wizardry even though it sounds very fancy.

22 minutes ago, obua said:

Don’t settle with the free upgrade, I got that and also a monthly cost reduction. Just takes a couple of threats to cancel everything.

They've offered a deal which seems almost too good to be true which is why I'm thinking there must be a hidden cost somewhere!

Cheers both, Sky Q it is then!

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's the main selling point for me. I'll probably never use all the wizardry even though it sounds very fancy.

They've offered a deal which seems almost too good to be true which is why I'm thinking there must be a hidden cost somewhere!

Cheers both, Sky Q it is then!

What monthly cost and package are you being offered? 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

What monthly cost and package are you being offered? 

£36 for Superfast Fibre phone/broadband and  Signature TV package plus £100 towards paying off my outstanding broadband contractwith the Post Office and free Sky Q upgrade.

Samuel Camazzola
20 minutes ago, Alex said:

£36 for Superfast Fibre phone/broadband and  Signature TV package plus £100 towards paying off my outstanding broadband contractwith the Post Office and free Sky Q upgrade.

👍 Do you get a Netflix subscription included in that TV package too? 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Don't think so, but when I was looking into the Sky Q thing it looks like it can be an add on.

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Normally the add on for netflix 'ultimate TV add on' is bundled with the signature package and bumps the price up by £4 a month 

• 3 weeks later...
Dean Winchester
On 26/08/2020 at 21:23, Dean Winchester said:

Had a few people messaging me asking me if there was still deals on.

New Customers

35% off the entire package

Existing Customers

25% off a TV pack if they don't have it already (including Sports)

40% off the data portion for a new sim and phone deal

Got a couple of codes left for these.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Does Sky have any way of telling if someone is using a full viewing card that is not on a subscription?

Asking for a friend.

😈

• 2 weeks later...
jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

Yes the same ones are still available.

Was for my sister she’s phoned up and went to cancel they’ve pretty much offered her what you said there. Cheers for getting back tho bud👍🏼

My deal just came to an end. Went to cancel and the new discount offer they tied to fob me off with was nearly twice the cost of my old package. :lol: 

:bolt: 

57 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

My deal just came to an end. Went to cancel and the new discount offer they tied to fob me off with was nearly twice the cost of my old package. :lol: 

:bolt: 

Cancel quickly. Skys black Friday deals were fantastic last year

10 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Cancel quickly. Skys black Friday deals were fantastic last year

It's now cancelled. Don't think I can take a new deal for 12 months though after doing so. 

On 27/09/2020 at 21:37, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Does Sky have any way of telling if someone is using a full viewing card that is not on a subscription?

Asking for a friend.

😈

Yes, tell your friend to expect a call from the fraud team

• 2 weeks later...
north wales jambo

Hi, what offers are on for new customers at the moment please, also if you recommend someone to sky do you get a reward.. basically brother in law never had sky but would be interested at right price. Cheers 

Dean Winchester
57 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

Hi, what offers are on for new customers at the moment please, also if you recommend someone to sky do you get a reward.. basically brother in law never had sky but would be interested at right price. Cheers 

35% off their package with the friends and family discount. Not sure about the refer a friend... Probably best to check the website and the monthly price may be more.

Samuel Camazzola

Has anyone purchased the Sky Soundbox? Looks to be a good offer if you're a Sky Subscriber and as it's a bit of kit engineered by Devialet, makes it more appealing. 

I'm considering getting one. Just have to think how it can be set up as my TV unit won't accommodate it at the front. 🤔 

• 11 months later...

Big announcement coming from Sky this week, rumoured to be that Sky are about to launch a range of Sky branded 4K QLED TV's with SkyQ (including apps such as IPlayer, netflix, prime and disney+) and a Dolby Atmos soundbar built in. They will be designed for SOIP (Sky over IP) meaning they will run on broadband and there will be no need for a Sky dish on the side of your house/flat.  

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think the IP concept has been trialled, either in Germany or Italy.

It has but as a Now Tv style box rather than an all in one Tv system

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Big announcement coming from Sky this week, rumoured to be that Sky are about to launch a range of Sky branded 4K QLED TV's with SkyQ (including apps such as IPlayer, netflix, prime and disney+) and a Dolby Atmos soundbar built in. They will be designed for SOIP (Sky over IP) meaning they will run on broadband and there will be no need for a Sky dish on the side of your house/flat.  

Interesting but if your broadband goes down you have no sky tv ? No sky and no internet, Wouldn’t like to be in a family home during that. 😂

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What cables do Sky use to get Internet into the home? 

I assumed it all came through the Satellite.

Satellite provides the feed direct to the current Sky TV Boxes via a coaxial cable, broadband comes via the usual phoneline/fibre.

The new TV's will work the same way as any other Smart Tv by connecting to your wifi but have full the SkyQ experience that you can currently only get from the satellite feed 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Interesting but if your broadband goes down you have no sky tv ? No sky and no internet, Wouldn’t like to be in a family home during that. 😂

To be fair when your broadband goes down currently you are restricted to live feeds and existing recordings, like netflix, disney+ and prime it'll rely on a stable internet connection

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Thanks for the heads up

My current contract with BT ends in December.

Maybe too early but I'll keep looking to see what happens.

8 hours ago, Ribble said:

The TV set was leaked last week - noting 3 sizes. 

SkyQ over IP isn't really a big leap, the existing Sky on demand platform has been built up over a decade. The IPTV aspect of things comes from their learning with NowTV and sister companies around Europe (eg Sky Italia). 

NowTV and it's previous incarnations were horrific but improved when peering links between ISPs improved. On BT Broadband the network was reworked a few years back to deliver every major video & consumer data service (from Netflix to Playstation/Microsoft) to remove buffering & slow downloads. Unless your home network is a bag of spanners then most broadband customers with at least 50mbps should be able to stream at least 4 live HD TV streams. I expect they'll sell Sky over IP as a Sky Broadband only service.

If you follow NowTV's specs - it may not do 4k initially, it's HD TV channels require 7-8mbps. I would expect them to outline minimum broadband speed requirements to be able to offer a recording option (ie. 30mbps min so that after allocating half that for TV that there's enough capacity for reasonable web browsing etc). I'd also guess that Sky Broadband's routers (in their access network and the home) would be reconfigured to prioritise video over all other IP traffic. 

My initial guess is that they will not have recording facilities built in since the purpose of the service is "Live and On Demand."  The a rumour about a "Sky Cloud" solution so that recordings are held online supports that idea.

If it doesn’t have a recording feature it will fail imo. The all in one solution must be able to do everything the sky Q box can do now or the take up will be poor.