• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean Winchester

• Ribble

• jack D and coke

• Mysterion

Was on a good deal with Sky - £36. 90 for original package plus broadband and line rental but think my contracts have ended and/or I've been moved to fibre max and bill has jumped to £50 and by May it will be An eye-watering (for me) £70. Can't afford much more than I'm paying now so any help appreciated before I phone them

2 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Was on a good deal with Sky - £36. 90 for original package plus broadband and line rental but think my contracts have ended and/or I've been moved to fibre max and bill has jumped to £50 and by May it will be An eye-watering (for me) £70. Can't afford much more than I'm paying now so any help appreciated before I phone them

Just phone and ask to bring the cost down

2 hours ago, LeftBack said:

50% off or GTF is the approach to take.

If you don't get the 50% offer initially it'll show up via your TV account settings shortly after.

25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

50% off or GTF is the approach to take.

If you don't get the 50% offer initially it'll show up via your TV account settings shortly after.

Cheers. Does that include the broadband. Can be bothered changing but can't afford to stay. And as I'm in Borders choices are limited

Dean Winchester
7 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Cheers. Does that include the broadband. Can be bothered changing but can't afford to stay. And as I'm in Borders choices are limited

Probably more for the TV package. Broadband is a bit harder to get as a fair chunk of it is line rental.

There is a new deal available for new customers for the full TV package at £45/month (this includes Netflix as well). Sod all for existing customers as per usual I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...
The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Complete TV Package (including Netflix) for £45/month for new customers. Give me a PM if interested.

Have you any idea when Sky will being going diishless in the UK?

Dean Winchester
22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Have you any idea when Sky will being going diishless in the UK?

"This year" but they have said that the last 2 financial years as well so...

My deal was going up to £34 for the basic tv package. Binned the lot a few months ago and keep getting 'come back' emails with ever decreasing prices. Down to £13 now but no intention of going back. Just council telly for me now, plus Netflix and my firestick 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

My deal was going up to £34 for the basic tv package. Binned the lot a few months ago and keep getting 'come back' emails with ever decreasing prices. Down to £13 now but no intention of going back. Just council telly for me now, plus Netflix and my firestick 

Good lad. Feels great cutting the cord eh?

Can understand why people like the ease of sky and if you can afford it and willing to go pay for it by all means. However if it is a sturggle get over to the Kodi thread. No regret here. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

2 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

It's been going through testing in Italy but no idea how that's went. I've not seen anything come across my desk as yet which normally means a new product is more than 6 months away.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Once GoT is finished I'll bin Sky for a couple years. Got Amazon  Prime which along with freeview is more than enuff. No doubt in 2-3 years I'll rejoin Sky on a cheap offer and stay a couple years before exiting again.

Dean Winchester
On 09/04/2019 at 08:12, Dean Winchester said:

Complete TV Package (including Netflix) for £45/month for new customers. Give me a PM if interested.

Had a few people ask and this is still available :thumbsup:

Are Sky getting a bit nervy about customer numbers? I recently got Virgin TV as an upgrade to my broadband deal and it includes a few Sky channels which I've not had for years and since I got it I've had the F1 and a couple of Premiership matches on Sky 1 as opposed to the dedicated sports packages. 

My package is coming to an end and my broadband deal with BT is also ending, gonna see if I can bluff my way to a decent discount and broadband deal. 

The only concern is that SKY broadband always seemed laggy before ha sit improved? 

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Are Sky getting a bit nervy about customer numbers? I recently got Virgin TV as an upgrade to my broadband deal and it includes a few Sky channels which I've not had for years and since I got it I've had the F1 and a couple of Premiership matches on Sky 1 as opposed to the dedicated sports packages. 

Not anymore than normal I don't believe. I think churn last year was the lowest it had been for around 10 years. VM agreed a deal with Sky for the Sky channels so they're probably paying a pretty penny for the privilege...

58 minutes ago, Bozi said:

My package is coming to an end and my broadband deal with BT is also ending, gonna see if I can bluff my way to a decent discount and broadband deal. 

The only concern is that SKY broadband always seemed laggy before ha sit improved? 

Sky and BT both use the Openreach network so on paper it should really be the same as long as you get the equivalent package with Sky. 

Jambo-Jimbo
On 09/04/2019 at 16:22, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Once GoT is finished I'll bin Sky for a couple years. Got Amazon  Prime which along with freeview is more than enuff. No doubt in 2-3 years I'll rejoin Sky on a cheap offer and stay a couple years before exiting again.

Similar to what I'm going to be doing.

We have the Entertainment HD package & multi-room, once GoT is finished the multi-room goes and as the wife mainly only watches Sky One & Fox which she can get on Now TV at a fraction of the cost the whole package can go, it's just getting too expensive now for what we really actually watch, which isn't a great amount nowadays.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Similar to what I'm going to be doing.

We have the Entertainment HD package & multi-room, once GoT is finished the multi-room goes and as the wife mainly only watches Sky One & Fox which she can get on Now TV at a fraction of the cost the whole package can go, it's just getting too expensive now for what we really actually watch, which isn't a great amount nowadays.

I was paying £115+ to Sky for Q when it first came out soon as it was up they wouldnt give me any discounts even though we have had it for nigh in 30years. Left joined Talk Talk and for £55 i get Sky sports , Sky Cinema , Entertainment , 78mb download fibre multi room and then im £20 for bt sport.

They really are just ott with charges now

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, sadj said:

I was paying £115+ to Sky for Q when it first came out soon as it was up they wouldnt give me any discounts even though we have had it for nigh in 30years. Left joined Talk Talk and for £55 i get Sky sports , Sky Cinema , Entertainment , 78mb download fibre multi room and then im £20 for bt sport.

They really are just ott with charges now

Yeh I was about the same, over £120 per month two years ago, got rid of the sports & movies and it came down to around £90 but it's slowly been creeping up again and with the latest price increases it's £102 right now, enough is enough I'm just not prepared to pay that anymore.

In saying that that's everything, phone line/fibre/TV, but I'm not in contract with anything off sky so even the fibre broadband could be switched.

I'll go with the TV first that'll save me currently £61.50 per month, but the broadband might well be next.

Like yourself I've been with Sky for eons now, BSB was still on the go when I first got Sky in.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh I was about the same, over £120 per month two years ago, got rid of the sports & movies and it came down to around £90 but it's slowly been creeping up again and with the latest price increases it's £102 right now, enough is enough I'm just not prepared to pay that anymore.

In saying that that's everything, phone line/fibre/TV, but I'm not in contract with anything off sky so even the fibre broadband could be switched.

I'll go with the TV first that'll save me currently £61.50 per month, but the broadband might well be next.

Like yourself I've been with Sky for eons now, BSB was still on the go when I first got Sky in.

My folks got sky circa nov 89 when it was just 16channels and 

1 sports channel - when it worked you got Argentinian football

2 rtv?? - some german channel with tutti frutti on it

3 ??‍♂️

4 eurosport

5 lifestyle

6 and 7 ??‍♂️

8 sky one

9 and 10 ??‍♂️

11 filmnet and you ordered a decoder from sweden or the back of a mag

12 sky news

13 and 14 ??‍♂️

15 mtv

16 sky movies

Mad to think what it is now. It is though as you say not worth it. The cable / broadband companies and youview boxes are far better value for money. 

Edited by sadj

• 1 month later...

Is this deal still going or any other deals going? 

6 hours ago, Baillie07 said:

It is, PM me name and email and i'll send a code over

Dean Winchester
6 hours ago, Baillie07 said:

Yeah lasts for another month I believe

Just renegotiated my expiring deal.

£21 per month for HD entertainment pack + HD Sports and Boxsets for the first 12 months, going up to £37 for the final 6 months (which is what I currently pay). 

• 3 weeks later...
Dean Winchester

Got a few codes left for this. Offer ends 2 weeks today.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

This offer doesn’t include broadband does it? With BB it would roughly be how much bud?

Trying to sort my folks out possibly....

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

This offer doesn’t include broadband does it? With BB it would roughly be how much bud?

Trying to sort my folks out possibly....

No it doesn't.

Looks to be 2 options for BB at 20 for around 12 MBps or 27.50 for around 60 MBps (may change depending on the area your folks are at) so around £65-£75 depending on what Broadband and Talk package you choose.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dean Winchester said:

No it doesn't.

Looks to be 2 options for BB at 20 for around 12 MBps or 27.50 for around 60 MBps (may change depending on the area your folks are at) so around £65-£75 depending on what Broadband and Talk package you choose.

Cool mate thanks??

Dean Winchester
On 13/06/2019 at 08:14, Dean Winchester said:

This has ended now. They've replaced it with a 40% off offer for new customers but you can build your own package (i.e. you don't need to add movies/sport/on demand if you don't make use of them).

For reference the full package is £44/month with the discount and with Broadband included goes up to around £70 (for the fastest speed). As always, give me a PM if wanted.

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

This has ended now. They've replaced it with a 40% off offer for new customers but you can build your own package (i.e. you don't need to add movies/sport/on demand if you don't make use of them).

For reference the full package is £44/month with the discount and with Broadband included goes up to around £70 (for the fastest speed). As always, give me a PM if wanted.

Currently trying to get my folks to do something about theirs. Atm it’s in my old mans name but he’s about as much use as a handbrake on a speedboat with these things so what can I do? They pay more than this for basic BB and some entertainment package as it is...

Is there anything you can do? Does it have to be they cancel and then take it again in my mums name for example?

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out last night that if you upgrade your subscription to include ultimate on demand (Netflix & boxsets), it's only £3pm. Sky site shows £12, discount shows when you click add. You need a Netflix account & link it via sky q box (instructions given) so you only pay £3. According to my sky email following me adding it last night, it's an 18month discount. Sky not appearing to advertise this. 

On 18/06/2019 at 16:51, jack D and coke said:

Currently trying to get my folks to do something about theirs. Atm it’s in my old mans name but he’s about as much use as a handbrake on a speedboat with these things so what can I do? They pay more than this for basic BB and some entertainment package as it is...

Is there anything you can do? Does it have to be they cancel and then take it again in my mums name for example?

If their current contract period is coming to an end, get on the online chat via the sky site. Tell them you're leaving as your current deal is far too expensive and you'd be better off with freeview/netflix. They should give you a massively discounted offer to stay for another 12/18 months. 

(You'll need your parents' login details, postcode etc.)

jack D and coke
Just now, Ray Gin said:

If their current contract period is coming to an end, get on the online chat via the sky site. Tell them you're leaving as your current deal is far too expensive and you'd be better off with freeview/netflix. They should give you a massively discounted offer to stay for another 12/18 months. 

(You'll need your parents' login details, postcode etc.)

Cool I’ll give that a bash mate cheers. 

I now have 6 remote controls for everything that's attached to my TV. Firestick, BT, NowTV, etc..

The correct HDMI port has to be selected then there's a hunt behind the cushions to find the right remote.

Wife can't cope and she's told me I have to rationalise. SkyQ seems the logical solution.

Is there a best time to get a deal with Sky? Year end, Quarter end, etc.

1 hour ago, Serge said:

I now have 6 remote controls for everything that's attached to my TV. Firestick, BT, NowTV, etc..

The correct HDMI port has to be selected then there's a hunt behind the cushions to find the right remote.

Wife can't cope and she's told me I have to rationalise. SkyQ seems the logical solution.

I've got one of these. Control up to 8 devices with the one controller. Sorted.

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-350-control?crid=60

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I've got one of these. Control up to 8 devices with the one controller. Sorted.

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-350-control?crid=60

Looks good. I have bad experience of these in the past when you had to punch in code numbers and you'd rarely get all the functions working.

Looks like these have sorted the programming issue.

8 hours ago, Serge said:

Staff have discount codes all year round and the offers rotate every month or so, currently 40% off whatever package you build, pm me your name and email and I can send a code

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Staff have discount codes all year round and the offers rotate every month or so, currently 40% off whatever package you build, pm me your name and email and I can send a code

Is this only for new customers? 

Just now, geebo117 said:

Is this only for new customers? 

Yeah, although you will probably get similar if you are at end of initial contract period and phone up

• 1 month later...
On 18/07/2019 at 16:18, Ribble said:

Hi Ribble, was wondering if you had any sky codes available? I’ll ping you a pm.

cheers

Dean Winchester
49 minutes ago, rab_hmfc said:

Hey all moving house and not had sky for ages? Any deals or codes at the moment 😄! Cheers

40% deal is still going. Give me a PM with your name and email :thumbsup: 

Do The Dance

Can you get BT sport as part of the package through Sky now, or is that still separate through BT?

Dean Winchester
7 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Can you get BT sport as part of the package through Sky now, or is that still separate through BT?

Still separate for the moment. Last I heard it was due to be on by the end of the year but it was meant to be Spring 2019 when it was first announced...

• 2 weeks later...

Just cancelled Sky at the weekend was on an offer and the price was going up to £48. Just got a call from Sky telling me how valuable a customer I was and if I wanted to rejoin they could do me a good deal for £54. Eh naw.