• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean Winchester

• Ribble

• jack D and coke

• Mysterion

Dean Winchester

There's one for a package that excludes Sport for £45/month but I think it's actually cheaper to get the same package direct...

None of the decent deals at the moment I'm afraid. Will bump when there is.

1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

There's one for a package that excludes Sport for £45/month but I think it's actually cheaper to get the same package direct...

None of the decent deals at the moment I'm afraid. Will bump when there is.

Ahh man. Nae good. Cheers anyway bud, was worth a try ????

8 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Our on demand download speed is pathetic. 2-3 hours for an SD version of the walking dead for example.. 

Called sky my options (after full reset etc) are: get sky q, pay for an engineer (£65) or suffer it. We can't get Q as we are in a four in a block with communal dish. £65 is a *** rip off when you've been with a company for five years. Have to look at alternatives, although virgin not available to us. 

Skyguy actually asked if I wanted to buy a new box as its five years old and hard drive may be wearing out. Durability of technology these days is pathetic. Things are designed to fail to force upgrades. 

Going to look at BTTV but there's so much in the way of installation/setup fees etc to make it prohibitively expensive atm..  

I had an issue with my 10 year old Sky HD box and phoned them up to cancel saying I was moving to Virgin because I wasn’t wanting to pay the extra for Sky Q. They had an engineer out to me a couple of days later for free and swapped out my old box for a better refurbished one.

48 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

I had an issue with my 10 year old Sky HD box and phoned them up to cancel saying I was moving to Virgin because I wasn’t wanting to pay the extra for Sky Q. They had an engineer out to me a couple of days later for free and swapped out my old box for a better refurbished one.

Might give that a try mate cheers.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Virgin are bumping my bill up with the option to cancel for free. Pondering Sky but need it in two rooms and would want literally every bolt on possible. Any tips to hey this cheaper as it looks like it would be about 250 quid up front and hundreds per month? 

For existing customers I’ve just done my annual threathen to leave ritual and got this deal. Sky Q 2tb box, sky q mini, full package in HD £40 upfront and £53 a month inc multiroom. Very happy with that. 

On 22/10/2018 at 09:26, Kendoll said:

Virgin are bumping my bill up with the option to cancel for free. Pondering Sky but need it in two rooms and would want literally every bolt on possible. Any tips to hey this cheaper as it looks like it would be about 250 quid up front and hundreds per month? 

Pm me your name and email and I’ll send you a friends and family offer, won’t be anywhere near the amounts you say

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

For existing customers I’ve just done my annual threathen to leave ritual and got this deal. Sky Q 2tb box, sky q mini, full package in HD £40 upfront and £53 a month inc multiroom. Very happy with that. 

Does that include sport as well? Ours is just about up soon and they’ll be getting the phone call too. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Does that include sport as well? Ours is just about up soon and they’ll be getting the phone call too. 

Yep, includes everything. 

8 hours ago, Ribble said:

Pm me your name and email and I’ll send you a friends and family offer, won’t be anywhere near the amounts you say

Aargh. Too late. Phoned them up and negotiated a deal with them, had to move swiftly to cancel Virgin in time. Hope your deal wasn't better ?

On 22/10/2018 at 09:26, Kendoll said:

Get a playstation, sign into SKY GO on your PlayStation in the spare room.... Done 

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/10/2018 at 07:33, Dazo said:

How far did you have to go with the threat? Actually cancel? I did this last year but its now ran out. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Cal_ said:

How far did you have to go with the threat? Actually cancel? I did this last year but its now ran out. 

Cancel at the end of every deal. If you wait about a fortnight you should get a good offer to sign up again. 

i've found these days that I dont have to phone up and cancel I was given an 18month extension on half price TV package without doing anything meaning I get phone, line rental, broadband and all the HD channels for £65 a month which I think is a decent deal.

It generally tells you what you can get when you phone up these days after putting in your details.

21 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Just threatened I was moving to virgin as they had a good offer for new customers. New 18 month deal but discount is for 18 months. 

On 26/10/2018 at 07:33, Dazo said:

Decent deal. I tried to get something similar (I hadn't seen your post) but they wouldn't do the Sky Q. 

Best offer was to continue on Sky HD for 18months at £35 p/m for Entertainment and Sport. 

I've cancelled (happy to wait and see if i get any offer to come back). 

Managed to get a discounted offer on BT Ultra HD in the mean time and it's very very good. 

Edited by Mysterion

8 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Decent deal. I tried to get something similar (I hadn't seen your post) but they wouldn't do the Sky Q. 

Best offer was to continue on Sky HD for 18months at £35 p/m for Entertainment and Sport. 

I've cancelled (happy to wait and see if i get any offer to come back). 

Managed to get a discounted offer on BT Ultra HD in the mean time and it's very very good. 

I’ve tried before for sky q but not had any luck. Quite surprised to be honest to getter 2tb box and mini for only £40. The monthly sub discount is pretty standard these days in my experience. 

Dean Winchester
On 12/11/2018 at 19:16, Performance said:

Anyone got any codes for new customers?

New deal started today. £45/month for the Full TV Package. £60/month for the Full TV Package + Broadband Unlimited. Both for 18 months.

As usual PM me with name and email if you're wanting one.

• 1 month later...

I just got Sky installed, I bought an entertainment package and broadband. I set up my sky go. Am I meant to have Sports and movies?

Edited by ri Alban

31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I just got Sky installed, I bought an entertainment package and broadband. I set up my sky go. Am I meant to have Sports and movies?

Sports & Movies are extra subscription channels outwith of the entertainment package.

Well it is on mine at any rate.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sports & Movies are extra subscription channels outwith of the entertainment package.

Well it is on mine at any rate.

I was wondering if you got it free thro sky go. Obviously not. :d

Doesn't Chromecast, the scrounges.

On 16/11/2018 at 10:58, Dean Winchester said:

New deal started today. £45/month for the Full TV Package. £60/month for the Full TV Package + Broadband Unlimited. Both for 18 months.

As usual PM me with name and email if you're wanting one.

How much more would BT Sports HD be on top of that , any idea?

I'm paying £123 a month for Sky tv (without movies and kids tv) and BT Sports HD and fibre broadband , seems a bit expensive when I think about it . 

4 hours ago, jambogaz1968 said:

I'm paying £123 a month for Sky tv (without movies and kids tv) and BT Sports HD and fibre broadband , seems a bit expensive when I think about it . 

It is as i have all of the above incl movies and kids tv but without BT and im paying £67.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @deanwinchester Any new New Year deals. Looking to swap Broadband to SKY from BT and would consider TV package also. Online offer offer of £47 for Fibre and entertainment package quite decent tbf as paying £45 for fibre only at BT? Any help appreciated... 

Dean Winchester
2 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Hi @deanwinchester Any new New Year deals. Looking to swap Broadband to SKY from BT and would consider TV package also. Online offer offer of £47 for Fibre and entertainment package quite decent tbf as paying £45 for fibre only at BT? Any help appreciated... 

Full TV Package including Netflix for £45/month for 18 months. Broadband would then need to be added on top of this.

Full TV Package including Netflix for £45/month for 18 months. Broadband would then need to be added on top of this.

Cheers for that. Worth considering 

• 4 weeks later...

Moved to SKY fibre a couple of months ago from BT, unimpressed tbh. WiFi signal seems weaker for one thing.

Also SKY have an app which they claim tests your connection and speed, continually gives me a reading of 57mbs even when I was recently standing in the middle of a field some 3 miles from my house!

They are totally at it, considering going crawling back to BT for my broadband.

Anyone else noticed a big difference moving BT to SKY?

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

Moved to SKY fibre a couple of months ago from BT, unimpressed tbh. WiFi signal seems weaker for one thing.

Also SKY have an app which they claim tests your connection and speed, continually gives me a reading of 57mbs even when I was recently standing in the middle of a field some 3 miles from my house!

Should be just the same. Its the same line. If your router was reset at any point in the first week it may have affected your speed. 

Try running https://www.speedtest.net

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Unaware of how Sky’s app/Speedtest  works but it may be the case that they’ve deployed line testing code into their router.

BT Broadband do this with the newer home hubs. When you request a test it contacts a server in BT’s network which initiates a speed test between the Hub and a Datacentre then stores the stats (and then updates the app to show you the result). 

Could be be the same with Sky’s Hub.

3 hours ago, The Duke said:

Moved last week and like you I'm getting advised online by SKY my speed is 34mbs (what is was with BT) but when I try other speed tests its at 21mbs. I will wait ten days grace as they say it can fluctuate. I presume I can walk away if they are not providing the speed promised prior to signing up.  

Dean Winchester

New deals are up. They aren't offering a Full TV package one this time:

The Spectator Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Sports & HD
The Ultimate Mix Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Cinema and Ultimate On Demand which brings Netflix and Sky Box Sets together.
Surf and Watch Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment & Sky Broadband Unlimited

Each bundle is £30/month for 18 months.

PM me if you want a code.

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

New deals are up. They aren't offering a Full TV package one this time:

The Spectator Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Sports & HD
The Ultimate Mix Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment, Sky Cinema and Ultimate On Demand which brings Netflix and Sky Box Sets together.
Surf and Watch Bundle – Sky TV Entertainment & Sky Broadband Unlimited

Each bundle is £30/month for 18 months.

PM me if you want a code.

Just for new customers I take it? Trying to sort a deal for my folks just now...they’re paying way over for a pretty basic package just now.

Dean Winchester
40 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just for new customers I take it? Trying to sort a deal for my folks just now...they’re paying way over for a pretty basic package just now.

Aye unfortunately. Think I've only seen one or two deals for existing customers and they've never been particularly great.

47 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I left them a few months ago as the price was going up to about £34 for a pretty basic package. Got them down to £20 but I wasn't interested. Since then I have had emails offering £17, £14 and now £11 on a 12-month contract. Might take them up on the £11 one

jack D and coke

Aye unfortunately. Think I've only seen one or two deals for existing customers and they've never been particularly great.

55 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I left them a few months ago as the price was going up to about £34 for a pretty basic package. Got them down to £20 but I wasn't interested. Since then I have had emails offering £17, £14 and now £11 on a 12-month contract. Might take them up on the £11 one

Yeah think I’m gonna have to get them to leave or at least threaten to leave. Paying £70 and only get a fairly basic package atm. 

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Eh!!! Why? My folks don’t have Sky anymore ?

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Eh!!! Why? My folks don’t have Sky anymore ?

My dad can barely work the tv mate never mind the sky. Don’t want to confuse him :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

My dad can barely work the tv mate never mind the sky. Don’t want to confuse him :lol: 

:lol: I do get a few phone calls.

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

From yir ma complaining about what he’s watching? :look:

Nothing wrong with a wee bit snooker ?

33A51FBA-5F27-408D-A4A8-4DCC3D5E2F35.jpeg