• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean Winchester

• Ribble

• jack D and coke

• Mysterion

Might as well ask here even though sky don't really deal with this, what's the cheapest way to get bt sport on sky? Binned bt sport ages ago cos they're an arsehole company but I'm starting to get tired of fumbling about with dodgy streams. Looking online and it's well expensive particularly for the rolling contract, if I phone them am I likely to have a chance of a decent deal? I don't want their broadband or bt tv. 

Also noticed sky and bt are doing a merger of sorts and it will finally be available as part of the sky package from 2019. 

thehibsaregay
9 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Might as well ask here even though sky don't really deal with this, what's the cheapest way to get bt sport on sky? Binned bt sport ages ago cos they're an arsehole company but I'm starting to get tired of fumbling about with dodgy streams. Looking online and it's well expensive particularly for the rolling contract, if I phone them am I likely to have a chance of a decent deal? I don't want their broadband or bt tv. 

Also noticed sky and bt are doing a merger of sorts and it will finally be available as part of the sky package from 2019. 

I pay £12.99 including HD for bt sport

i have sky and no BT Broadband 

17 minutes ago, thehibsaregay said:

I pay £12.99 including HD for bt sport

i have sky and no BT Broadband 

Nice, was that through one of the deal sites or did you just phone up?

Dean Winchester
On 2/7/2018 at 09:19, Gimme an H... said:

Any word yet Dean?

New offer has started.

£40 a month for 18 months for the full TV package. PM if interested.

On 20/02/2018 at 14:50, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Sky all channels 3 boxes internet phone £102. BT 2 boxes £35 through sky.

I just phoned up yesterday as my Bill had gone up (end of the last 12 month deal)

No Internet but the full monty (no BT)

SKy Q + 3 mini boxes which i alredy have

£56 for the next 18 months

9 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

New offer has started.

new customers only ? 

Dean Winchester
10 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Sent you a pm ?

Haven't gotten one from you bud.

37 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

new customers only ? 

Afraid so. They never do any deals for the TV package for existing customers unless it's adding on multiscreen or extending your package :(

54 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Haven't gotten one from you bud.

Afraid so. They never do any deals for the TV package for existing customers unless it's adding on multiscreen or extending your package :(

Anything going offers wise for upgrading to multi screen? 

Dean Winchester
On 2/28/2018 at 19:12, Radio Ga Ga said:

Anything going offers wise for upgrading to multi screen? 

They have an upgrade to Sky Q offer for £12/month:
"No installation fee on the Sky Q 2TB, and a mini box for half price"

Radio Ga Ga
3 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

They have an upgrade to Sky Q offer for £12/month:
"No installation fee on the Sky Q 2TB, and a mini box for half price"

I’ll take that Dean! Can you PM what I need to do?

Dean Winchester
13 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I’ll take that Dean! Can you PM what I need to do?

Just send me a PM with your name and email address :thumbsup:

Dean Winchester
On 2/28/2018 at 07:49, Dean Winchester said:

New offer has started.

Only got 2 left (May get others over the next week if people haven't signed up with them in the next couple of days)

Hi guys

hopefully someone can help me. I live in the middle of nowhere. a wee village just off the A1. i only have the option of sky or BT. i pay sky £67 per month. broken down by broadband £39 ( £18 line, £21 broadband,  and tv £22. just the kids mix. no sports or movies.)

im struggling to pay this every month and in constant debt with sky to the point they cut me off until i manage to clear the bill. 

does anyone work for sky be able to help me out with a better package. Sky have the monopoly down here. BT is pointless but have better connection broadband as its their telephone exchange. 

27 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Hi guys

hopefully someone can help me. I live in the middle of nowhere. a wee village just off the A1. i only have the option of sky or BT. i pay sky £67 per month. broken down by broadband £39 ( £18 line, £21 broadband,  and tv £22. just the kids mix. no sports or movies.)

im struggling to pay this every month and in constant debt with sky to the point they cut me off until i manage to clear the bill. 

does anyone work for sky be able to help me out with a better package. Sky have the monopoly down here. BT is pointless but have better connection broadband as its their telephone exchange. 

When does your contract run out? Should tell you somewhere in your "MySky" account page.

Once it comes up for renewal you can usually negotiate a 50% off deal to stay for another 12 months.

Dean Winchester
On 14/03/2018 at 11:56, Ray Gin said:

When does your contract run out? Should tell you somewhere in your "MySky" account page.

Once it comes up for renewal you can usually negotiate a 50% off deal to stay for another 12 months.

Pretty much this. People that work for Sky rarely get any decent codes for existing customers.

On 10/03/2018 at 12:27, Dean Winchester said:

Only got 2 left (May get others over the next week if people haven't signed up with them in the next couple of days)

Got another 2 unused codes if anyone is still looking. Offer has been extended to April 1st :thumbsup:

On 16/03/2018 at 07:39, Dean Winchester said:

Pretty much this. People that work for Sky rarely get any decent codes for existing customers.

Got another 2 unused codes if anyone is still looking. Offer has been extended to April 1st :thumbsup:

Hey Dean

If you have any codes left I'll take one please ?

Perth to Paisley

17 years 10 months I have had SKY .... they didn’t try too hard to retain me .

BT full package for approximately £60 per month cheaper.

They can spin on it ....wish I did it years ago

Realised I was paying £96 for the full package including sports/cinema,  Box sets, HD and 1 multiroom box. 

Been a customer for 16 years and paid the full price for most of it, does that get taken into account or are all the decent deals for new customers? Been offered same package for £62 a month. Is that the best I am likely to get? 

Stewie Griffin

I’ve been with sky for 14 years now . Two years ago I called up trying to get a better deal with no luck so said I wanted to cancel. Later that night logged into my account and there was a half price offer ( I’ve got full package including sky q and multi-room ) which I’ve still got thankfully as there’s no way I’d pay full price for it again . Think cancelling and waiting on an offer is the only way to get a decent deal if you’re an excisting customer.

• 1 month later...
Dean Winchester

Offer has started up again. £40/month for 18 months for the full TV package for New Customers.

Give me a PM if interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Dean Winchester
On 5/4/2018 at 07:35, Dean Winchester said:

Offer has started up again. £40/month for 18 months for the full TV package for New Customers.

Still got loads of these :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
invernessjt
On 04/05/2018 at 07:35, Dean Winchester said:

How easy is it to get out of these types of contracts? (My daughter has split up with her bf and can no longer afford the £40/month package she took out last year).

Dean Winchester
On 6/1/2018 at 13:13, Nicholas Brody said:

That deal still going?

Yeah few more weeks. Still got loads left this time around.

3 hours ago, invernessjt said:

How easy is it to get out of these types of contracts? (My daughter has split up with her bf and can no longer afford the £40/month package she took out last year).

I have no idea I'm afraid. She would need to phone up and speak to them about the options.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

I'm still astounded people pay out that amount of money each month for Sky. IPTV is less than one months subscription. 

I called these guys today to try and reduce my bill which is currently £74+ pm. That's only with ADSL broadband, kids TV and box sets.

Told them Vodafone were offering me fibre and line rental for £20pm but they still wouldn't budge any on price.

Bye-bye sky broadband then. £14 pm saved by booting that, along with better internet.

Anyone using EE TV?  It sounds like a decent proposition,  especially being able to use it on multiple devices - 4 I think. But I've not idea if their box is any good. 

Stewie Griffin

I’ve had a half price deal from sky for the past 2 years which was due to end in August . This morning I got a letter from them saying they’ve extended it for a further 12 months from then . Happy with that as I was thinking I was going to have to call them soon and haggle a new deal 

Edited by Stewie Griffin

• 1 month later...
Do The Dance

Bump.

@Dean Winchester, I’ll be hoping to maybe get a deal soon. Anything on the go mate?

Also, do you have any info on bt being available through sky rather than going through bt?

Edited by Do The Dance

Dean Winchester

Nothing at the moment. I expect probably end of the month but no promises.

It will be available on Sky in a package from early next year but for now I think you have to buy directly from BT and supply them with your viewing card number.

Do The Dance

No worries Dean, thanks for the reply. I’m in contract with Virgin until mid September anyway, so no rush.

I’ll be in touch in the future mate.

8 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

Nothing at the moment. I expect probably end of the month but no promises.

It will be available on Sky in a package from early next year but for now I think you have to buy directly from BT and supply them with your viewing card number.

If you want BT Sport via Sky - you just need to provide your viewing card number to get it activated.

At the moment - there's a "Get BT Sport free for 18months" deal.

http://sport.bt.com/football/take-them-all-on-with-free-bt-sport-for-18-months-for-a-limited-time-only-S11364287030203

It's worth considering BTTV as a service for the Ultra HD channel. 

• 1 month later...
Dean Winchester

Latest offer is £45/month for 18 months for the full package for New Customers. Only on until the end of the month though.

PM me with name/email if you're wanting a code.

Space Mackerel
On 02/06/2018 at 15:21, invernessjt said:

Maybe a bit late but I just cancelled my D/D with Sky via online banking halfway through. I got about 3 threatening letters then about 50 saying all is forgiven, please come back, pretty please.

Eh...naw, thanks.

9 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

Latest offer is £45/month for 18 months for the full package for New Customers. Only on until the end of the month though.

PM me with name/email if you're wanting a code.

You have a PM Dean :fing10:

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2018 at 11:07, Stewie Griffin said:

I’ve been with sky for 14 years now . Two years ago I called up trying to get a better deal with no luck so said I wanted to cancel. Later that night logged into my account and there was a half price offer ( I’ve got full package including sky q and multi-room ) which I’ve still got thankfully as there’s no way I’d pay full price for it again . Think cancelling and waiting on an offer is the only way to get a decent deal if you’re an excisting customer.

Very much this! Been with them for about 6 years and in terms of tv package I’ve had absolutely everything in HD Sky+ the last 24 months for £34 after getting a 60% discount.

Discount been wiped now, i’ve cancelled, negotiations will begin. Don’t take any pish from them.

Days after cancelling I’ve been offered an upgrade to Sky Q, full package in HD for £55 a month with a £30 install.

£40 with free install id take as it’s an 18 month contract.

Any existing customers upgrading had anything similar of late?

Our on demand download speed is pathetic. 2-3 hours for an SD version of the walking dead for example.. 

Called sky my options (after full reset etc) are: get sky q, pay for an engineer (£65) or suffer it. We can't get Q as we are in a four in a block with communal dish. £65 is a *** rip off when you've been with a company for five years. Have to look at alternatives, although virgin not available to us. 

Skyguy actually asked if I wanted to buy a new box as its five years old and hard drive may be wearing out. Durability of technology these days is pathetic. Things are designed to fail to force upgrades. 

Going to look at BTTV but there's so much in the way of installation/setup fees etc to make it prohibitively expensive atm..