Sky TV

steve123

A bit of a simple question anyone got any advice for TV package with them ( already have broadband with BT), I am moving into new home and going to have to get Sky after being with Virgin for years so a bit clueless with regards process ie are there deals about if I look or do I just pay what they say cheers.

Edited by steve123

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dean Winchester

• Ribble

• jack D and coke

• Mysterion

Dean Winchester

A bit of a simple question anyone got any advice for TV package with them ( already have broadband with BT), I am moving into new home and going to have to get Sky after being with Virgin for years so a bit clueless with regards process ie are there deals about if I look or do I just pay what they say cheers.

I have deals for new customers. Current one is full package (Sky Q) for ?35/month for 18 months.

PM me with your name and email if you want a code.

Carl Weathers

That's an unreal deal. I've been a customer for 5 years and just got offered a renewal deal for the Sports HD package with broadband and line rental for ?69 a month for 18months (still using my old box).

Space Mackerel

I have deals for new customers. Current one is full package (Sky Q) for ?35/month for 18 months.

Just as a matter of interest, what does it go up to after 18 months?

Dean Winchester

Just as a matter of interest, what does it go up to after 18 months?

Full price :) It's an 18 month contract though so you can cancel it before it goes full price if you want.

Space Mackerel

Full price :) It's an 18 month contract though so you can cancel it before it goes full price if you want.

Full price being these days?

?90 or something?

Been customer for years and never received any deals at all.Currently paying around ?60 per month for sports.

Worth phoning to try and get a deal ?

Carl Weathers

Yes - phone the cancellations department and say you can't justify the cost and you'll get offered a deal. I got 40% off today.

Cheers for that brilliant, t&Cs say full price same as a lot of things ie mortgage once you come to end of deal you just need to renegotiate before you go to full price.

Edited by steve123

Yes - phone the cancellations department and say you can't justify the cost and you'll get offered a deal. I got 40% off today.

Will do,thanks

Got 60% off the full package late last year but had actually cancelled and they were throwing deals at me as the 4 week notice period ticked down.

That's not Sky Q by the way, just Sky + HD.

12 month deal, there is absolutely nothing to lose if you are out of contract or nearing the end of the minimum subscription period. Get on the phone.

Space Mackerel

Aye probably about there

?90 a month to watch never ending adverts and repeats?

Sounds like a great deal. ;)

luckyBatistuta

Who's going to be the first to mention sportsmania ;)

Hmmm, can't see anyone being that smug

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dean, do you have any recent new customer offer codes at the moment?

I'll be moving house end of August so would be looking to get something up and running ASAP after that.

Possibly looking to get Sky Fibre Unlimited as well as which I was quoted at ?11 per month, which is pretty decent

Dean Winchester

Hi Dean, do you have any recent new customer offer codes at the moment?

I'll be moving house end of August so would be looking to get something up and running ASAP after that.

Possibly looking to get Sky Fibre Unlimited as well as which I was quoted at ?11 per month, which is pretty decent

Nothing at the moment but I expect a new offer will be in place in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll post when it is :)

• 3 weeks later...
Rudolf's Mate

?90 a month to watch never ending adverts and repeats?

Sounds like a great deal. ;)

So says the "I'm probably going back to Sky" person [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's looking to sign up to Sky, I've been sent an "introduce a friend" email where I and the person I introduce each get a ?50 prepaid MasterCard.

Posted this on the money supermarket thread but probably some use here too

Someone recently told me about this site to save money on sky bills for existing customers

https://www.cutmyskybill.co.uk

I am a bit sceptical about it to be honest, seems to say they could possibly get good savings per month, anyone any experience? From what I see they ask for your sky password so this is the bit I'm unsure about, though the instructions tell you change it after.

They seem to charge ?25 per case but if they save you ?40 quid per month then it's a no brainier. Seems to get decent reviews around the web

Why pay someone to get you a discount? I got 60% off the full package by simply asking for it with the threat (wasn't idle) that I was leaving if they didn't agree. Furthermore I got a letter last week saying that the special offer period was coming to and end (1 year anniversary) but that it was extended indefinitely! Think I'm paying about ?32 a month for full tv package on sky + with hd.

Do The Dance

Anything on the now, or upcoming Dean?

Looking at deals for tv, and fibre too, if possible.

Edited by Do The Dance

Do The Dance

just ping me a pm with name and email address

Could you give any details of the deal mate?

Is that only for new customers?

Yeah but have deal for upgrading to SkyQ for existing, extra 12 quid a month, no instal fee and half off the minibox

Balls getting an error when I try to Pm, will try again when I am at home

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

No worries, about to leave work so will send out codes from any pm's tomorrow morning anyway

Yeah but have deal for upgrading to SkyQ for existing, extra 12 quid a month, no instal fee and half off the minibox

Cheers, moving house and just upgraded to sky q, no change in price (with adding fibre unlimited) but ?65 install for the 2TB plus one mini box. Thought that was not bad

• 2 weeks later...
Stewie Griffin

Got sky Q getting installed tomorrow and was wondering if having BT sport on my main box will mean I'll be able to watch it on the mini box ? . I'm currently paying BT for multi room and had to give them both viewing card numbers however with sky Q I'll only have the one viewing card .

Nothing at the moment but I expect a new offer will be in place in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll post when it is :)

Any new deals Dean? BT deal due to end soon and not likely to renew due to poor broadband

Dean Winchester

Any new deals Dean? BT deal due to end soon and not likely to renew due to poor broadband

50% off TV bundles but it's not the best as it doesn't include Sport. It's probably the longest I've seen it go without a decent offer so hopefully there's a new one soon.

50% off TV bundles but it's not the best as it doesn't include Sport. It's probably the longest I've seen it go without a decent offer so hopefully there's a new one soon.

Cheers got another 3-4 weeks so I'll hold on.....

sky = ripoff

virgin = ripoff

Plusnet = under ?40 for all the BT sports channels in HD as well as box nation, Eurosport, discover, history, view plus box with recording and pause, rewind live tv . 40mb fibre = Nice one son.

sky = ripoff

virgin = ripoff

Plusnet = under ?40 for all the BT sports channels in HD as well as box nation, Eurosport, discover, history, view plus box with recording and pause, rewind live tv . 40mb fibre = Nice one son.

I'm under ?40 with sky for all sky sports channels in HD plus every other HD channel apart from movies. Based on personal experience I'd much rather give my money to them over BT.

Recently moved house and took my sky with me - so i'm not a new customer.

However, the regular broadband speeds at my new address are a pitiful 6mbps which makes trying to watch any sort of on demand / catch up tv useless - need to wait a good half hour for a show to go from DOWNLOADING to AVAILABLE. Utterly pitiful.

Nearing the end of my current deal which got me 'everything' from sky at around ?82 a month or something, which in honesty was already at the very top end of what i'm willing to pay for tv / broadband. 

Not interested in continuing to pay that, particularly with shan broadband like that.

Contract is up in november - so will be due to give them their notice at the start of october. That said, i do enjoy having my sky, and i do rate their service pretty highly....... Hoping they'll come back with a good offer which will make the fibre make sense - if not i'll gladly see out my notice and go elsewhere.

I think sky are slowly starting to realise they arent the only show in town any more - folk have waaaaaaay more choice now than they've ever had before. The days of folk being willing to pay ?100+ a month for this sorta thing are a thing of the past now.

Recently moved house and took my sky with me - so i'm not a new customer.

However, the regular broadband speeds at my new address are a pitiful 6mbps which makes trying to watch any sort of on demand / catch up tv useless - need to wait a good half hour for a show to go from DOWNLOADING to AVAILABLE. Utterly pitiful.

Nearing the end of my current deal which got me 'everything' from sky at around ?82 a month or something, which in honesty was already at the very top end of what i'm willing to pay for tv / broadband. 

Not interested in continuing to pay that, particularly with shan broadband like that.

Contract is up in november - so will be due to give them their notice at the start of october. That said, i do enjoy having my sky, and i do rate their service pretty highly....... Hoping they'll come back with a good offer which will make the fibre make sense - if not i'll gladly see out my notice and go elsewhere.

I think sky are slowly starting to realise they arent the only show in town any more - folk have waaaaaaay more choice now than they've ever had before. The days of folk being willing to pay ?100+ a month for this sorta thing are a thing of the past now.

Sounds like the interweb i used to get with talk talk, utter mince, virgin is the best 200mbps i get now.

Sounds like the interweb i used to get with talk talk, utter mince, virgin is the best 200mbps i get now.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can really blame Sky for that though - it just seems to be generally awful for regular broadband in the area regardless of provider.

Don't have virgin in the area, although I think its maybe coming soon.

I don't really have any need for 200mb broadband in fairness, but 6?!?! 6 is utterly useless - that's practically a fast dial up connection.

Sky fibre reckon the most they can offer is 39-40 but in reality it'd be lower than that. Not sure how that works with the 55mb guarantee I've seen mentioned recently though.

Waiting on the Sky being installed this morning.

Ended up with variety pack, Sky fibre unlimited and talk for ?50 a month for 18 months.

Probably not the best deal but it will do for now.

Didn't bother with the sports as I use kodi.

I'm under ?40 with sky for all sky sports channels in HD plus every other HD channel apart from movies. Based on personal experience I'd much rather give my money to them over BT.

That sounds too good to be true. I take it you're paying another supplier for broadband and don't get BT sports?

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

That sounds too good to be true. I take it you're paying another supplier for broadband and don't get BT sports?

Ah didn't realise you were getting broadband too. ?30 for that on top of ?36 for the tv package. I don't get BT sport.