Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

one of the proper good *****, thanks for the goals Calum, one of my personal favorite was his volley at Cowdenbeath away.

Oh yes, that was a cracker, head, chest then left footed into the top corner. Good luck Calum, hope it all works out for you!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent.

Wonder if Warnock fancies a stab at Scottish football...

I've a job in mind [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91395e79e277d8ac5c5cd9f7742ed475.jpgLove this photo and loved the way he played. Good luck for the future Callum, hope you get to the very top

Good move for him and a step up to a club that should be pushing for promotion there or thereabouts .

Pleased he's gone down south to challenge himself and really hope he goes on to be a great player and a successful one at that !!

chester copperpot

See the 'fans' who slated him?

What ya feel of him now?

****ing shocking behaviour

Pants Shaton

Unbelievable that people think he should have signed a contract to ensure we got more money and he got less. Easy to be high and mighty when it's not your money.

Neil McCann did it and look how much goodwill it bought him from the arsehole boo boys when he was playing poorly in his 2nd spell here.

RustyRightPeg

Going by recent ITK posts from people on here, you'll forgive me for not believing you.

Every man and their dog on this forum seem to know personal goings on with Hearts players.

Aye that's fair enough. Just passing on information I received from people who know him personally. Probably shouldn't have bothered due to some of the accusations that get thrown round on here!

Holyrood_Hearts

Feel a bit of a twat now. Being honest I wasn't happy with CP not signing a new deal (especially after suffering the injury) I felt he should've shown more loyalty & allowed the club a chance to get a good transfer fee.

That said, given what's been announced today it's a great gesture by him requesting the selling on fee. Good to hear Warnock talking us up too.

Cardiff's a great move for him & I wish him all the very best with his career.

Feel a bit of a twat now. Being honest I wasn't happy with CP not signing a new deal (especially after suffering the injury) I felt he should've shown more loyalty & allowed the club a chance to get a good transfer fee.

That said, given what's been announced today it's a great gesture by him requesting the selling on fee. Good to hear Warnock talking us up too.

Cardiff's a great move for him & I wish him all the very best with his career.

I was the same and I'm delighted I get to apologise and STFU :)

Fantastic effort from all to ensure we have a chance at getting something, even if it is a few years down the round.

Jambof3tornado

Wonder what the sell on is??

Fingers crossed he gets back fit quick and has a good season. Hopefully he settles into strapons scotland setup and gets the move that will see us cash in.

the big show

91395e79e277d8ac5c5cd9f7742ed475.jpgLove this photo and loved the way he played. Good luck for the future Callum, hope you get to the very top

Of topic but i see the hobos was there dressed as seats again .. good luck Callum Paterson you done us proud ..

Wonder what the sell on is??

Fingers crossed he gets back fit quick and has a good season. Hopefully he settles into strapons scotland setup and gets the move that will see us cash in.

15% of any future fee

I find when you get a bit older you care less about players coming and going. They're all just passing through.

But Paterson had a wee bit more about him. Character, a desire to win and let's be honest, no little ability. Nearly 40 goals from a right back and only 22 says it all.

Nice lad who seemed a bit of a radge too. Cardiff have always struck me as good kernts, so hopefully it works out for Paterson, the Bluebirds and Hearts.

Without a doubt, the best 5-1 picture taken.

Diadora Van Basten

What ya feel of him now?

******* shocking behaviour

Hands up I am impressed that he has acted very unselfishly in getting Hearts a possible sell on fee.

Disco Dave

I know he asked for a year extension a few months back but our DOF wouldn't budge on his offer of a 2 year deal. Who's the selfish one?

Once he hit 23, we would not be entitled to training compensation (I think). So a 1 year deal would have been the wrong thing for the club.

I find when you get a bit older you care less about players coming and going. They're all just passing through.

But Paterson had a wee bit more about him. Character, a desire to win and let's be honest, no little ability. Nearly 40 goals from a right back and only 22 says it all.

Nice lad who seemed a bit of a radge too. Cardiff have always struck me as good kernts, so hopefully it works out for Paterson, the Bluebirds and Hearts.

Patersons dedication on the park was tremendous and had he been a wee bit older I reckon he would have been captain. Despite knowing he was gone at the end of the season he gave 100% every game which is hugely impressive and speaks to his professionalism and commitment. Contrast that with 'certain' other players downing tools mid February. I'm really impressed with Paterson for helping to ensure we can receive a fee if he succeeds at Cardiff.

Him 'ignoring' the huns for me was icing on the cake :D Hope we eventually see him come back similar to Berra.

It was ?60,000 euros a season in 2013. Can't find current figures but going by the reports it appears it's about ?65-70,000 a season. Based on the 7 years he's been here, that's about ?395,000-?425,000 which is what the papers have been saying.

Just checked the rules. It's still ?60,000 per season at the club. He signed in 2010. So depending on when in 2010, he's either 7 years or 7 and a half.

I make that only ?365,000 to ?390,000. Got to hope it's the higher one.

Hope he makes it, praise on Hearts sticking by him when out the game.

7 days after contract expired

Presumably completing his recovery in Wales now

So much for the selling club ethos

We're letting our best youth prospects walk away on frees!

:seething:

Man Utd fans threatened Wayne Rooney to sign a new contract. Turned up at his house with baseball bats

Hearts fans are a bit soft

I was disappointed that he didn't choose to sign a new contract and help look after the club that help made him into both our best player and a full Scotland international. And I still am. At the end of the day CP was looking after himself and myself like many other fans only had the interests of HMFC.

However a great gesture by CP and you will be greatly missed. A fantastic player.

Agree with all of that.

upgotheheads

1 goal every 4 games! Outstanding for a full back, we've hardly had any strikers scoring at that rate.

When he gets back to full fitness he could be a 10 million + player in the English leagues.

Good on him for securing a sell on fee for us, he didn't need to do that.

Good luck Calum.

Captain Bubblebeard

Undoubtedly my favourite player of the post-Vlad years. Absolute heart of a lion and everything that was lacking in the second half of last season. Was he brilliant in every single game? Of course not - he's still only 22. Did he give 100% and care about every ball that was kicked though? Absolutely.

Cannot wish the guy enough luck. Maybe one day he will do a Berra and come back home to grace us with a trademark headed goal followed by obscure celebration or two. All the very best big man - cheers for the last seven years and, if the sell on clause was indeed down to you, more power to you.

He was clearly going. We will get a decent development fee and he has requested a cut of any future transfer. Thanks Callum and all the best for the future.

Bazzas right boot

What ya feel of him now?

******* shocking behaviour

Maybe, but he signs a new 2 year deal and we get ?2m + for him? (pocket change for a young international rb of his ability)

So, yes he done us well by insisting on a 15% sell on clause, could be great for us. However, it is debatable whether we could have gotten more money and the sell on clause if he was under contract. He refused to sign one so we'll never know.

Rocky jamboa

Sorry to see him go but glad it's not to one of the OF and a great gesture on his part if he's insisted on the sell on clause.

Hope he does well down there and gets an even bigger move in future

132goals1958

Gave his all and an inspirational figure. Recall his confrontation with Juanma at Perth who stupidly got sent off in the first half.

bauld willie

Excellent.

Wonder if Warnock fancies a stab at Scottish football...

When BT Sport first started in Scotland, it was Warnock who was brought in to be one of the original pundits. I think he only lasted a couple of games, before he was hounded out by the media and public for not bending Scottish or part of the establishment.

The one thing I remember about him was how good his knowledge was on Scottish football. He had clearly done his homework and surprised quite a few. Came across really well.

Edited by bauld willie

Strummerville

Omiya hearts is so bitter it's frightening. Come back when John McGinn is worth 400k.

Hats off to Paterson for the sell on fee different class

John mcCartney

ive got a feeling that callum paterson could just be hmfc`s golden egg

if he screws the nut and improves under warnock and his staff,his type of player could be going into serious valuations

in future....great gesture callum

bauld willie

if he screws the nut and improves under warnock and his staff,his type of player could be going into serious valuations

He's got the physicality and will score goals. Not the greatest defender I have ever seen, but in the air he is almost unstoppable.

Goals win titles or keep teams up, I think he will go far.

Seen worse players go for over 10 million in recent years in the prem... The way it's going down there the average championship player could be worth that much!!

Has been a tremendous player for Hearts and he was probably our best striker for a number of years.  Even when he was at right back.

Best of luck to him.

But he's dead to me now.

Wish him well and hope he realises his massive potential.

Respect for his ambition and the clause inserted (that didn't need to be) that Im sure both he and Hearts deserve huge credit for.

Class will always rise above the bumping of gums.

socrates82

He's got the physicality and will score goals. Not the greatest defender I have ever seen, but in the air he is almost unstoppable.

Goals win titles or keep teams up, I think he will go far.

Dunno about that. Helped keep 18 year old Raheem Sterling quiet in one of his first games age 17.

Clerry Jambo

Neil Warnock?s assistant stumbled across Callum Paterson by accident more than a year ago. Since then, the Cardiff City manager has been desperately trying to sign this rampaging full-back from Hearts.

He finally got the 22-year-old?s signature on paper yesterday as Paterson agreed a three-year deal with the English Championship club. He leaves Hearts with his contract expired, ?400,000 training compensation agreed, plus a 15 per cent sell-on clause inserted in the deal at the player?s request.

Paterson won?t be fit until around October as he recovers from medial and cruciate ligament damage. Warnock is thoroughly convinced the wait will be worth it. During a brief spell as Rotherham United manager last year, he sent Mick Jones ? now his Cardiff assistant ? north on a scouting mission which unearthed much more than the pair expected.

?Mick went to look at a player for me over a year ago,? recalled Warnock, speaking exclusively to the Evening News. ?I asked him about the player and he said: ?Nah, not really for you ? but I?ve seen one that?s made to measure for you, gaffer. You will love him.? He was talking about Paterson.

?He said he was full of enthusiasm, he gets up and down the pitch, he can score a goal in the opposition box and he can play two or three positions. Mick said: ?I don?t know whether you can get him but you ought to try.?

?We made enquiries but it wasn?t possible to do anything at the time. It?s taken a while but it?s something I?ve wanted to do for ages. The injury sort of thwarted it a little bit but, in some respects, it has helped me get him.

?He had a few clubs in for him even though he?s not going to be fit till October. I had him down to talk to him to try an impress on him what he would be getting at Cardiff. I wasn?t sure about his clothes, though. I said he?d get the p*** taken out of him with some of his dress sense! Other than that, he was a good lad.?

Warnock may be 68 but he clearly retains a sharp sense of humour. He also relies on his own sense of judgment when deciding whether to sign a player. A man of many clubs, he knew instantly from the moment he met Paterson that he would be an asset in the Welsh capital.

?I just like him. I met him and, you know when you get a feeling? That was it for me. The injury was probably a little bit worse than some but I just feel like giving him a chance. At my age, I?m not too worried about what?s happening in two years? time!

?He?ll fit in well because he?s a confident lad. I just like the look of him because I?ve watched him a lot over the last 12 months. I think he?s got a good future if he can overcome this injury obstacle and get back to full fitness. Scotland could benefit as well.

?I think the compensation fee is realistic and Hearts have got a sell-on as well. We wanted to do the right thing there because I like Hearts and I like Craig Levein, the director of football, who I know from his time at Leicester.?

Paterson was determined for some time to continue his career in the English leagues after seven years at Tynecastle. He scored 38 times in 162 appearances there and had a list of suitors on both sides of the border. Rangers were credited with an interest but the full-back with a keen eye for goal always saw his next destination being south.

He also has his international career to prioritise having become Scotland?s first-choice right-back before injury struck last December. Warnock is confident he will return to Gordon Strachan?s squad given time to find fitness and settle in at Cardiff.

?I do see him as a mainstay with Scotland going forward because I don?t see much better than him,? continued the Bluebirds manager. ?That?s the next challenge for him now, to get fit and get in our first team and then get back in the Scotland squad.

?I hope it can work both ways for both parties ? my trust in him and him coming with me. I just got a good feeling about him when I met him. He?s my kind of player, really.?

After his injury, it was about as good we could expect. Well done to all involved, especially for the sell on, and thank Jebus he didn't go to an Ugly.

My thoughts too. I would of been sick if he's gone to either of the uglies. He was a class act for us and irreplaceable on our budget. Hopefully he has a couple of brilliant seasons and gets a bigger move whilst in contract. Shows a real ambition going down south and not taking the uglies route (which may well happen with either Sam or / and Jamie)

Good luck to the lad.  We now have a vested interest in his future career, which no doubt makes a Callum-Watch thread much more relevant than the Robbie-Watch one.

Well done to the EEN for managing to spin three separate stories out of a single transfer move.

Dunno about that. Helped keep 18 year old Raheem Sterling quiet in one of his first games age 17.

On many CP threads when quite a number of absolute $@*?$%@ slated CP, I have always praised him as a potential superstar by Scottish standards...his performances home and away against Liverpool as a 17 YEAR OLD were stunning....absolutely fantastic...

I hope he does himself justice (he will it would only be any cruel hangover from his injury now or in the future) and has a truly impressive career and earn himself and us a few more bob to boot :)

I think this is best case scenario for Hearts.  Player wanted away.  He's not going to Glasgow.  We get ?400,000 development fee and about 15% sell on clause.  Good luck to him and I hope he keeps improving and becomes a regular international.  

A_A wehatethehibs

Cardiff got him for absolute buttons. I reckon the sell on clause (which is a superb gesture by callum himself who is understood to have pushed for that) will end up netting us more than the development fee.

A superb young player, a bargain for Cardiff. An absolute machine and a born and bred winner.

Bazzas right boot

I think this is best case scenario for Hearts. Player wanted away. He's not going to Glasgow. We get ?400,000 development fee and about 15% sell on clause. Good luck to him and I hope he keeps improving and becomes a regular international.

It's not best case, best case would have been he signed a new contract, we got a big fee and a sell on clause.

Paterson done well b us, but it is no way a best case for us.

Bowmans_Boot

It's not best case, best case would have been he signed a new contract, we got a big fee and a sell on clause.

Paterson done well b us, but it is no way a best case for us.

In modern football it is pretty much the best case scenario for us.