Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Apologies, I'm probably getting him mixed up with someone else. 

Edit: just checked. He definitely left under freedom of contract.

Agreed he stated some time before that would be his last season at Hearts and but for the knee problem would have gone for 1 million plus West Ham I think injury effed that up.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

It is a sell-on clause not a new contract clause. So if he never left Cardiff then we'd get nothing.  It only works if he moves to a new team. Which is the whole point of them otherwise clubs would just get players to sign a new contract for £1 to play for the next week then resign them to their full deal and avoid paying any residual fees to the old club.

You're right in general, but in this particular case, the 'sell-on' clause wasn't something agreed between the clubs as part of a transfer deal. He signed for Cardiff as a free agent and the 'sell-on' clause was something entirely agreed between him and Cardiff as he wanted Hearts to get something back if his move to Cardiff was a success (other than the development fee we received). So whether his new contract would affect the sell-on situation will depend entirely on agreements between Paterson and Cadiff.

We have a sell on with Sam Nicholson too, he also insisted following Callum's lead. I forget if Sam has already switched clubs and I don't think it meant anything outside UEFA anyway?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

We have a sell on with Sam Nicholson too, he also insisted following Callum's lead. I forget if Sam has already switched clubs and I don't think it meant anything outside UEFA anyway?

The outside uefa thing was that we weren't entitled to a development fee  he moved to the US. The sell on fee would still count.

4 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Honest to god if callum isn't starting up top for Scotland then McLeish has chucked it

If he starts anywhere for Scotland, I'll go hame. 

4 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Think you will find something  around £400 00pounds was paid to Hearts for him,could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Apologies, I'm probably getting him mixed up with someone else. 

Edit: just checked. He definitely left under freedom of contract.

The  £400k (or so) was a development fee Hearts were due under FIFA (edit: might be UEFA!) rules due to him moving under freedom of contract below a certain age, not a transfer fee agreed between the clubs.

Edited by FarmerTweedy

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The  £400k (or so) was a development fee Hearts were due under FIFA (edit: might be UEFA!) rules due to him moving under freedom of contract below a certain age, not a transfer fee agreed between the clubs.

okay got that cheers.

joondalupjambo

Rammy at the sending off with Paterson in the thick of it.  At least three players were involved from each team so will the FA compliance folk pull the club's up for it?  Doubt it, only in Scotland I guess.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

He better be in the Scotland squad. I haven’t bothered checking but he better be in the squad & effing starting the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 01:14, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

He better be in the Scotland squad. I haven’t bothered checking but he better be in the squad & effing starting the game.

Hopefully not at right back though.

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If he carries on at this rate 30million?

With the ridiculous fees paid down there we really could get a shed load from his next move.

Been saying for years that he can’t defend for toffee and is a centre forward, he has all the attributes to play there and that is proving to be the case. Good on him, he’s doing well for himself. 

There was an element of composure in that goal that showed a true centre forward in the making.

It wasn't just being in the box to dive at the ball. He had to take that under control, out muscle the defender and then slot it past the keeper.

If he becomes a genuine EPL striker then that sell on clause could be massive for us. 

Most of all though a massive well done to the boy. Genuinely delighted for him and he will always be a favourite player of mine. Not enough characters like him in the game. 

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Screenshot_20181208-170002_FotMob.jpg

It hardly trickled in! I read this and thought it was going to be one where the ball barely made it over the line. Having actually seen it, he's actually just calmly slotted it past the keeper, rather than smashing it past him.

"Callum will play anywhere for me, do anything.

In the old-fashioned days, I would have said, ‘He would run through a brick wall for me’, but if I asked him to, he probably would.

He’s a tremendous lad and I don’t honestly know what I’d do without him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/08/cardiff-city-southampton-premier-league-match-report

Captain Canada

It's fantastic to see him doing so well. He's come back from his injury better than ever and is proving himself at a really high level week in, week out. 

He deserves all the plaudits he's getting and I hope he scores plenty more goals this season. 

25 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

In the old-fashioned days, I would have said, ‘He would run through a brick wall for me’, but if I asked him to, he probably would.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/08/cardiff-city-southampton-premier-league-match-report

Hopefully Alex McLeish reads that. That's exactly the attitude (and versatility) the Scotland team has been missing for a long time. 

As Bauld says, hes a character as much as anything.  He's also a monster.  I saw him on the Sky news this morning and he just looked enormous.

Would be great if we do finally make a lot of money out of him.

Jean Louis Valois

Does anyone else feel a huge sense of pride seeing him do so well down there? I Can’t remember wanting an ex Jambo to do so well than our Cal, well done Dr Funk!

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It hardly trickled in! I read this and thought it was going to be one where the ball barely made it over the line. Having actually seen it, he's actually just calmly slotted it past the keeper, rather than smashing it past him.

You got A link to the goal mate

It should have been ten
23 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Does anyone else feel a huge sense of pride seeing him do so well down there? I Can’t remember wanting an ex Jambo to do so well than our Cal, well done Dr Funk!

Ansolutely mate! Brilliant seeing him flourish in the EPL. A great lad and player...

:verysmug:

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Cheers mate. Showed a lot of strength and determination to chase that defender down and outmuscle him... Not the cleanest of finishes but scored so who cares. 

4 goals so far is a jolly good show

No wonder the Cardiff fans love him and it's great to see. I hope he gets a big move at some point. Not just coz hearts get some cash, although that'd be great, but it would be nice to see a lad you saw make his debut at 17 at hearts to then go on and play for a top team. 

I feel like I'm living vicariously through him when I see him score in the EPL. :lol:

I remember watching Callum Paterson from the home end at Raith Rovers (couldn’t get an away end ticket) in a evening kick off the season we romped the championship. He came down to collect the ball for a corner and he looked massive. He just looked like a different animal to anyone else on the pitch. He’s a bit of a rougher diamond but what he lacks in skill he makes up for effort and determination. Huge future ahead of him. 

haveyouheard 22
38 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I remember watching Callum Paterson from the home end at Raith Rovers (couldn’t get an away end ticket) in a evening kick off the season we romped the championship. He came down to collect the ball for a corner and he looked massive. He just looked like a different animal to anyone else on the pitch. He’s a bit of a rougher diamond but what he lacks in skill he makes up for effort and determination. Huge future ahead of him. 

You get caught out in the EPL, CP aint, imagine he was playing for a bigger club..for me he's exceptional, salivating at the 15% poss

4 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

That's a fantastic tribute from a real, much respected, football man.

Can't begin to imagine the welcome he will get next time he steps out on the field at Tynecastle.  Spine tingling.

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I do. It’s so weird. I feel so so very proud of him. Our laddie making a name for himself. It’s like he’s family or something. If he’s on telly we all stop and watch it in silent reverence, and sometimes we applaud too ?

He showed real class in the way he organised his exit from the club. I think people really appreciated that especially. He went with my very best wishes. If only all players could be more Callum. Maybe he’ll also do a Berra and come back home sometime.