Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

favouriteplayer

Cardiff have signed an absolute warrior.. for about ?400k!! What a steal.

Next step Premier League for Paterson, I hope he lives up to his potential.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RustyRightPeg

There's no question it was a selfish decision. And he should have signed a contract well before he got his injury.

I know he asked for a year extension a few months back but our DOF wouldn't budge on his offer of a 2 year deal. Who's the selfish one?

So much for the selling club ethos

We're letting our best youth prospects walk away on frees!

:seething:

We get training compensation but I take your point, this is nowhere near the value of the player. Same goes for Nicholson and it remains to be seen what we get for Walker.

Paterson's injury did not help as there were apparently big bids coming in for him last January if the injury had not occurred.

Good luck to Paterson, he's a top player and always gave his best for Hearts.

A big fee would have been nice but hay ho that's life. Best of luck to him.Great player for us but we now move on.

I know he asked for a year extension a few months back but our DOF wouldn't budge on his offer of a 2 year deal. Who's the selfish one?

Is the one who tried to look after the Club the selfish one? Am I right?

We get training compensation but I take your point, this is nowhere near the value of the player. Same goes for Nicholson and it remains to be seen what we get for Walker.

Paterson's injury did not help as there were apparently big bids coming in for him last January if the injury had not occurred.

Yup. West Ham and Everton.

Clark Griswold

Hopefully the fee will be reinvested straight back into the squad, no matter how nominal it is.

Ryan Jarman

Loved a goal & most importantly loved one against the shite. 

Cheers Dr Funk all the best. 

People aren't concerned when we have 3 Scottish players that came through our system and all good players with good potential and are Jambos and they are all desperate to leave? 

Paterson away for a pittance, Nicholson away for nothing, and who knows what we will get for Walker - if anything, if he decides to wait until he is a free agent.

On the other side, we pish money away on 3 year contracts for the likes of El Hass, Reilly, Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin, etc.

Our D of F does not seem to be very good at this transfer business............ :curtain:

18Jambo_dave74

Sorry to see him go althought obviously not unexpected.

Remember seeing him play (and score) for the first time in a friendly at Raith and he hasn't really looked back since. One of the best headerer's of a ball I've ever seen at Hearts and to have scored 38 goals for us (many as a defender) is quite an achievement. We missed him badly in the second half of last season.

Says a lot about him that he turned down Rangers interest (and wages) to pursue his career down south. I wish him well

Getintaethem

According to Levien at one of the plot ceremonies we had a ?1m+ deal with an EPL club lined up for Callum before he done his knee in. Good luck to the lad, we missed him at the end of last season and he'll be hard to replace.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Been a good player for us and will be missed.

Not so sure about how he'll get on down south but he's got the right physique for the Championship.

rudi must stay

People aren't concerned when we have 3 Scottish players that came through our system and all good players with good potential and are Jambos and they are all desperate to leave?

We got good loyalty from all 3, Paterson will be tough to replace but I'm confident we can replace the other Nicholson and Walker with better players

OmiyaHearts

I kind of agree. As a working guy I can see why he's increased the dough in his bank account, but as a fickle Jambo I want what's best for my club.

It's tough to accept. With the attitudes of players nowadays (especially young players), will we ever really see another player in maroon who will play for a considerable number of seasons and be considered a legend? Someone who will move for big money because they want to give something back to a club who gave them a platform to show what they can do?

Players take everything from fans and clubs and don't seem interested in giving anything back. You only have to look at the Paterson and Walker decisions to see that money is the be all and end all for them. 

I'm rather bitter about it and find it difficult to wish these players well, considering their treatment of the club and fans.

Never Let Them Forget

I see Paterson requested a sell on fee for Hearts if he is sold in the future. Very decent of Callum.

davemclaren

Not really. Good players will always want to move onwards and upwards.

Not really. Good players will always want to move onwards and upwards.

But but but according to some on here Nicolson isn't a good player, too lightweight, and Walker is too inconsistent.

Fultons Right Leg

The sell-on fee request is a touch of class. Shows he backs himself and wants to do well by the club. Top boi.

davemclaren

But but but according to some on here Nicolson isn't a good player, too lightweight, and Walker is too inconsistent.

That's their opinion. Clearly both are confident they can get good moves elsewhere.

Thank god he's away now. I was worried we were actually going to pay for his full rehab and let him go after that. At least that's him now out the club.

Thanks and cheerio.

KineticBeat

That sell-on fee news is some total class from him. 

Want him to do even better than I did previously now haha

Anthony Brown ??? @anthonyabrown 5m5 minutes ago

More

At the request of Callum Paterson, who was wary of leaving on the cheap, Hearts will get a sell-on fee if Cardiff cash in on him in future

nice one Callum, good guy

Seems unusual that the player would be involved in any way in the transfer negotiation. Surely the club would have insisted on a sell on fee anyway? Doesn't add up.

Edit: it's a development fee not a transfer fee, my bad

Edited by Niemi

I see Paterson requested a sell on fee for Hearts if he is sold in the future. Very decent of Callum.

Well done Callum son.

I wonder if Nicholson has done the same with the Yanks.............. :whistling:

Jambo 4 Ever

He should have signed a contract and got us a decent fee. A very selfish decision.

I couldn't care how his career goes now.

Thank god he's away now. I was worried we were actually going to pay for his full rehab and let him go after that. At least that's him now out the club.

Thanks and cheerio.

Poor comments imo

He was one of our best players in recent seasons and always gave his all for Hearts...

Show him a bit of respect!

Well done Callum son.

I wonder if Nicholson has done the same with the Yanks.............. :whistling:

Thanks and cheerio.

:symf:

Lucille's Thirsty

We would've been in trouble last season if it was not for his goals!

That header at Tynie to beat the vermin when we had kids out was magic.

All the best you sheep shagger!

:lol:

At the request of Callum Paterson, who was wary of leaving on the cheap, Hearts will get a sell-on fee if Cardiff cash in on him in future

nice one Callum, good guy 

Thank god I read this before I typed up:-

Firm ?550k offer from Wigan last summer, would imagine sell on clause

Anticipated min ?1m offer from West Ham in January, would imagine sell on clause

Injured in December

Development fee from Cardiff aligned to FIFA rules rumoured ?400k, sell on fee not in FIFA rules.

Still would have preferred no injury and the West Ham option but at least something.

Does well and gets a move to an EPL club or one of the big Championship clubs for a decent fee and sell on clause.

Does ok but doesn't set heather on fire, Celtic take a chance for a smallish fee and sell on clause.

Flops - gets a free and takes the Ibrox option.

Cruyff Turn

Good luck Callum and all the best, I wish him every success.

He was a very good player for us, it's unfortunate we will only receive so much compensation but at least he hasn't gone to a rival and has decided to test himself elsewhere.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Good luck, Callum, you gave us a fair few fond memories.