Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

Fozzyonthefence
10 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Maybe, more likley he'd stay then get relegated tho.

Could go either way.

Cardiff stay down.

Move to Everton or the likes for £15m give or take would do me!

For us, it might be better if Cardiff stay down in the Championship and CP gets a full season there next season and bangs in around 15 goals. If they go up it will be a long hard season in the PL for them with almost certain relegation.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

For us, it might be better if Cardiff stay down in the Championship and CP gets a full season there next season and bangs in around 15 goals. If they go up it will be a long hard season in the PL for them with almost certain relegation.

I'm here as well.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A bit harsh I’d think. I agree it’s a battle for any promoted side but to say certain relegation is doomsday stuff. Some summer acquisitions would likely be made and who knows

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

A bit harsh I’d think. I agree it’s a battle for any promoted side but to say certain relegation is doomsday stuff. Some summer acquisitions would likely be made and who knows

The trend is for promoted sides to stay up 

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Even so, if he gets 10 goals in a team that finishes rock bottom in a gretna-esque season then he’d up his value. Especially as he’d prove so important for them to keep 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

From what I’ve seen of Cardiff they’d need some serious investment as the current team would finish bottom of the PL by a distance. They look a very average side and apparently were hanging on last night against a poor Barnsley side - they’re nowhere near good enough for the PL and I would imagine they would have a modest summer budget. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Even so, if he gets 10 goals in a team that finishes rock bottom in a gretna-esque season then he’d up his value. Especially as he’d prove so important for them to keep 

That’s true but I think a highly unlikely scenario - much more likely to get 12-15 in the Championship if he stays fit.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s true but I think a highly unlikely scenario - much more likely to get 12-15 in the Championship if he stays fit.

Maybe. But the way he won numerous balls against kompany in the cup(don’t think he lost one) means he might score just as many from headers in the prem 

11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

From what I’ve seen of Cardiff they’d need some serious investment as the current team would finish bottom of the PL by a distance. They look a very average side and apparently were hanging on last night against a poor Barnsley side - they’re nowhere near good enough for the PL and I would imagine they would have a modest summer budget. 

Modest?  Promotion would net them around £200 million.

Capture.JPG

The Internet
On 07/03/2018 at 09:50, By the light said:

Seem to remember John McGlynn playing him there and getting slaughtered for it :th_wink1:

John McGlynn, a man ahead of his time.

That was Ryan McGowan. And he was very rightly slaughtered for it :lol:

Cardiff finding form at just the right time, very much favourites to go up now. Paterson will be the first pick for my fantasy league team if he keeps up his current scoring streak. 

gashauskis9

23 years old and has scored 40 goals in 160 appearances, 1 in 4 for a player predominantly used as a full back.  Incredible.

Carl Fredrickson
On 08/03/2018 at 10:21, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

With debts of over £100m with most of it due to their owner, he may see promotion as the best way for him to recover some of his investment. I hope Cardiff go up - I love the city and want CP to have the opportunity to play at a higher level - but I dont think they will splash the cash. 

Tan got stung with transfer fees and stupid salaries the last time they got promoted, this time I think he will be a bit more prudent. 

2 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

2/10 for his goal celebration yesterday. Needs to up his game after his previous standard set in midweek.

According to my son his celebration was Pure Salt from Fortnite.

On 07/03/2018 at 09:50, By the light said:

Seem to remember John McGlynn playing him there and getting slaughtered for it :th_wink1:

John McGlynn, a man ahead of his time.

That was Ryan McGowan was it not?

Guest Paul Allen
38 minutes ago, DVB said:

According to my son his celebration was Pure Salt from Fortnite.

Haha that’s brilliant mate, I had no idea what CP was doing but your son has called it. Matt Tootle (or whatever he’s called) from Notts County is another one who scored yesterday and did a trademark unusual goal celebration!

Edited by Paul Allen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43379144

Callum Paterson: Scotland player impresses Cardiff boss Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock says Scotland's Callum Paterson has "not looked back" since breaking into the Cardiff City team.

Paterson, picked in the latest national squad, sustained a serious knee injury in 2017 and joined Cardiff in June, debuting there in October.

Warnock said: "From a manager's point of view, I always look at my lads and say, 'would you want him in the trenches with you?'

"And I'd want him in the trenches with me any day."

The 23-year-old was an unused substitute in November's 1-0 friendly defeat by Netherlands in Aberdeen.

He last featured for his country in the 2016 loss to England at Wembley and in recent times has scored seven times in 25 appearances for Cardiff, who are second in the Championship.

"I'm delighted for him," Warnock, 69, told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

"He's obviously a mad Scotsman and desperate to play for his country. He's had a really horrific last 12, 18 months with injury. He had a really bad injury at Hearts. We had a gamble with him. I always quite liked him up there.

"It was a good time for him to join us and he's done ever so well. He took until October to get fit but he's not looked back, really.

"He is a bit of a character. Fabulous lad. He's already picked up certain things with us and he'll continue to learn."

With Hearts and Scotland, Paterson played right-back but has been in midfield with the Bluebirds.

"I've converted him at the moment - he's actually playing centre midfield for me at the minute," said Warnock.

"I've just given him a bit of freedom in there. He just wants to play. Because he's been out so long, he's just so enthusiastic. He's been very good in the air. He's got a good eye for goal. Even at Hearts, he used to score a lot of goals from full-back.

"I also think he's quite capable of playing right-side centre-half. He's got a good turn of pace and very good in the air. With the right partner, he could play in there. He has got all the attributes.

"I'm not sure as a full-back, he's better off as a wing-back."

Last season, Warnock took Scotland goalkeeper Allan McGregor on loan from Hull City as he recovered from injury and the former Rangers stopper is now back in the first team at Hull.

McGregor is one of three keepers selected in Alex McLeish's Scotland squad for this month's games against Costa Rica and Hungary.

"I just thought he had a great attitude," Warnock said of McGregor. "He was relieved to come and play for me, really, because I just told him, 'I want you to enjoy it - don't worry, if you make a mistake you're in my team the week after'.

"You could see he hadn't played for a while the first coupe of games but then once he got into the swing of it, he was just commanding and a really good lad in the dressing room.

"He lifted everything around him, the lads got on with him and [he was] just what you need really."

On 07/03/2018 at 22:15, Fozzyonthefence said:

£100m in debt they have to go up....

1 hour ago, kila said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43379144

Callum Paterson: Scotland player impresses Cardiff boss Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock says Scotland's Callum Paterson has "not looked back" since breaking into the Cardiff City team.

Paterson, picked in the latest national squad, sustained a serious knee injury in 2017 and joined Cardiff in June, debuting there in October.

Warnock said: "From a manager's point of view, I always look at my lads and say, 'would you want him in the trenches with you?'

"And I'd want him in the trenches with me any day."

The 23-year-old was an unused substitute in November's 1-0 friendly defeat by Netherlands in Aberdeen.

He last featured for his country in the 2016 loss to England at Wembley and in recent times has scored seven times in 25 appearances for Cardiff, who are second in the Championship.

"I'm delighted for him," Warnock, 69, told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

"He's obviously a mad Scotsman and desperate to play for his country. He's had a really horrific last 12, 18 months with injury. He had a really bad injury at Hearts. We had a gamble with him. I always quite liked him up there.

"It was a good time for him to join us and he's done ever so well. He took until October to get fit but he's not looked back, really.

"He is a bit of a character. Fabulous lad. He's already picked up certain things with us and he'll continue to learn."

With Hearts and Scotland, Paterson played right-back but has been in midfield with the Bluebirds.

"I've converted him at the moment - he's actually playing centre midfield for me at the minute," said Warnock.

"I've just given him a bit of freedom in there. He just wants to play. Because he's been out so long, he's just so enthusiastic. He's been very good in the air. He's got a good eye for goal. Even at Hearts, he used to score a lot of goals from full-back.

"I also think he's quite capable of playing right-side centre-half. He's got a good turn of pace and very good in the air. With the right partner, he could play in there. He has got all the attributes.

"I'm not sure as a full-back, he's better off as a wing-back."

Last season, Warnock took Scotland goalkeeper Allan McGregor on loan from Hull City as he recovered from injury and the former Rangers stopper is now back in the first team at Hull.

McGregor is one of three keepers selected in Alex McLeish's Scotland squad for this month's games against Costa Rica and Hungary.

"I just thought he had a great attitude," Warnock said of McGregor. "He was relieved to come and play for me, really, because I just told him, 'I want you to enjoy it - don't worry, if you make a mistake you're in my team the week after'.

"You could see he hadn't played for a while the first coupe of games but then once he got into the swing of it, he was just commanding and a really good lad in the dressing room.

"He lifted everything around him, the lads got on with him and [he was] just what you need really."

What I took from all that is that Warnock sounds like a great manager to play for. 

Bazzas right boot
On 08/03/2018 at 10:21, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

Lol, if that's true you'd be better getting beat in the final every year!

I P Knightley
18 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

What I took from all that is that Warnock sounds like a great manager to play for. 

I've had a soft spot for him ever since his Blades team was shafted by West Ham's dealings over Tevez & Mascherano. I think the anagram of his name is just an unhappy coincidence.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss him.  A guy who single handedly would beat Hibs.  How many derbies do we owe him thanks for? This complete washout of a squad now could not compete with an aglet on his boot.

27 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've had a soft spot for him ever since his Blades team was shafted by West Ham's dealings over Tevez & Mascherano. I think the anagram of his name is just an unhappy coincidence.

Clan New Rink???

Shanks said no
29 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Colin

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Lol, if that's true you'd be better getting beat in the final every year!

You would be if parachute payments didn't exist.

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't even begin to tell you how much I miss him.  A guy who single handedly would beat Hibs.  How many derbies do we owe him thanks for? This complete washout of a squad now could not compete with an aglet on his boot.

I see you continue to spread cheer around the board.

Good luck to Callum I always felt the defensive side of his game was the weakest part and he seems to be making a name for himself further up the park which was always his strength.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I see you continue to spread cheer around the board.

Good luck to Callum I always felt the defensive side of his game was the weakest part and he seems to be making a name for himself further up the park which was always his strength.

His attitude is second to none.  The kind of attitude that saw Gareth Bale move La Liga.  Paterson is a winner and he is clearly working on all facets of his game.  He is a brick shithouse - this is pure dedication to his sport. So happy for him.  

Glamorgan Jambo

That's the first time I've heard it said publicly but about the tenth time I've heard that Warnock sees Callum as a future centre half. He's managed his transition to the extreme physical demands of the championship very well. 

Big game for Cardiff away to Brentford tonight. If they get the win automatic promotion will be in reach. 

Cardiff fans call him "Pato" it seems

On another note.. Kickback may be a nightmare at times but we put the Cardiff forum content to shame - hardly anything on there

Edited by King prawn

2 minutes ago, DVB said:

My son tells me his celebration is called “take the L”.

Edited by Mikey1874

Hes doing very well as he is a tailor made Warnock player. Thats not to say he isnt superb, but he is 100%, the most Championship player I can think off. 

Be very interesting to see how his more limited technique does in the EPL and whether his physical gifts, which make him a standout in the Championship, make him a good EPL player where he would definitely find playing centre midfield more troubling. 

Sol Bambas goal was an absolute screamer............

I've reached the point of really looking forward to Cardiff's games.  Really hope CP can avoid injuries and maintain his form.  Being a key part of a championship winning side or just a promotion side would be massive for him.