Recurring dreams

Muppetboy

Does anyone else have dreams/nightmares that happen relatively frequently? Have a lot of dreams about being on the forth bridge and my brother and dad are looking over the railing then suddenly my brother falls and my dad tries to reach out but gets pulled over too. It's horrible obviously at the time then when I wake its still on my mind. Do people believe that dreams mean something?

rudi must stay

Does anyone else have dreams/nightmares that happen relatively frequently? Have a lot of dreams about being on the forth bridge and my brother and dad are looking over the railing then suddenly my brother falls and my dad tries to reach out but gets pulled over too. It's horrible obviously at the time then when I wake its still on my mind. Do people believe that dreams mean something?

I've had dreams about family that have been truelly horrible. I don't have a great relationship with some family members, and still don't. Been trying harder since

Edited by rudi must stay

I have a recurring dream about our dog. She died 15 years ago but in the dream is alive and well. I then panic that, feck, I haven't fed her or taken her out for walkies for ages (which, of course, I haven't).

The rest of the dream I'm frantically searching kitchen cupboards for dog food whilst simultaneously hoping she won't pee on the floor. :D

Stopped now but for a while recently sharks (and I mean massive great whites) were there almost every night. Everything that could involve a shark happened, close escape, in the jaws, watching someone else being eaten. Kept dreaming of being in San Francisco though it doesn't look like it, maybe has something to do with sharks being in the bay area.

I always dream about the same places, for months at a time. It's bizarre, because there's usually a sense of anxiety looming, and usually a sort of greyish fog hanging around, no matter what I'm dreaming about. It probably means something, but it's bloody annoying having the same themes night after night.

I'll have recurring nightmares all the time, but my mind won't repeat the one dream I had about pumping Selena Gomez, oh no... Not a chance.

******* :muggy:

zoltan socrates

Ive got one where i end up staying in royston, just opposite the jubilee, in my dream weve had a disaster and thats why we are moving there, im pissed off about it, but i explore the house and its huge, loadsay rooms, even a swimming pool, kitchen is massive but then i start to realise the house is already occupied, by those crusty types that wear tye dye and have blonde dreadlocks and i realise im in a communal house to be shared, i usually wake up at that point, no one should have to share a house with those sorts!

During my raving days, somewhat 25 years ago. I had several leading up to one particular night where I am busted. So being fairly superstitious I decided not to go. However my mate whined on and on about it. So in the end I reluctantly agreed to go. Inside the event it went tits up and I ended up in the wrong place at the worst possible time. A load of revellers got pulled and I would have done too had I not chucked my own personal stash. So ever since it I have a recurring dream I pay attention to it, you never know it could be telling you something.

PortyJambo

Used to have a dream when I was younger where I walked to the top of the stairs and then, shit scared, I would jump off. But I didn't fall, I would float/fly to the bottom. It felt awesome, and after the first time, I used to look forward to having the dream. No idea what the **** it meant!

Another that wasn't so good, and still have occasionally, is leaving the house to go to school (when younger) or work, and then finding I had no shoes or trousers on, but couldn't get back to the house to get dressed. I think it's something to do with feeling anxious or worried.

Psychedelicropcircle

I have this reoccurring dream that I'm on holiday. I dive in the pool I have my eyes closed I can feel the sun on my back I turn my head and see a sign saying 18M. It usually goes like I shit myself start to swim up to the top with all I've got and always wake up as I inhale the water before reaching the top!

Decided to try scuba diving in Mexico a few years back fought my way to the bottom in a strong current sea gets down there looks up and it's similar to the dream! Needless to say I was outta there & my diving days are over!

Opinions on WTF this means are welcome!

Stephane Grappelli

I always dream about the same places, for months at a time. It's bizarre, because there's usually a sense of anxiety looming, and usually a sort of greyish fog hanging around, no matter what I'm dreaming about. It probably means something, but it's bloody annoying having the same themes night after night.

I'll have recurring nightmares all the time, but my mind won't repeat the one dream I had about pumping Selena Gomez, oh no... Not a chance.

******* :muggy:

All joking apart, that first part sounds pretty ominous. I wouldn't be booking any holidays if I were you.

Used to have a dream when I was younger where I walked to the top of the stairs and then, shit scared, I would jump off. But I didn't fall, I would float/fly to the bottom. It felt awesome, and after the first time, I used to look forward to having the dream. No idea what the **** it meant!

I had a similar dream when I was about 4 or 5. I loved the feeling of floating across the room. Very surreal.

JamboCampbell

Going to get slaughtered on this.....

I dream about places that I havent been to before and obviously at the time I dont know where the place actually is. Then when i go to new places i think I have been before. I havent ofcourse but I saw it in an earlier dream!

Deja Vu might be the closest concept.....

I was ill once and had the same dream every day for a week, in which I died in my early 50's. I'm 38 now so better start living my life and pronto.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I have the same dream about the same person every night, I feel awkward when I see her.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I dream regularly that all my fecking teeth have broken. Keep meaning to google it to see what it means

All joking apart, that first part sounds pretty ominous. I wouldn't be booking any holidays if I were you.

They've always been that grey and "film grainy" way. It's a bit like a horror film, but they're not always bad.

Strange dreams.

I dream regularly that all my fecking teeth have broken. Keep meaning to google it to see what it means

Often had similar dreams.

Either my teeth are too big for my mouth, they're loose then fall out or I have gargantuan amounts of chewing gum in my mouth which I'm frantically trying to get out.

It's something to do with fearing you're not communicating, apparently, or not able to get your point across.

I'm on 3k+ posts which is at odds with that theory. :)

I knew a guy who's dad and his grandfather both died at the age of 49.

He constantly dreamt that he was going to follow this family tradition.

On the eve of his 50h birthday he was found dead in a street in Aberdeen.

We were all like :wow:

Really nice bloke but drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney. Probably not related though but you never know.

• 2 years later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread however search brought this up and it didn’t warrant a new one.

I recently posted a thread about dreaming whilst being awake however the 2 are different.

I also recently discovered that I have 2 reoccurring dreams. I say that because only when you really think back in those first few minutes after waking do you think back “have I dreamt this before” and usually you get caught up in day routine and it’s forgotten about?

Anyway I realised this morning that I do indeed have 2 more reoccurring dreams

to go along with my various gold themed dreams I have spoken about.

They are also both “house” related so would appreciate if anyone has experienced similar?

The first one actually was realised after the 2nd one I will describe. It was only after thinking about it that the 2 happen regularly.

So the 2nd one is where I live on a street and virtually every person important to my childhood lives on that street even though in reality those people lived miles apart, sometimes even not even in the same country. They were all literally next door or 2 doors down and I would visit them for a catch up. Just walk through the front door and make myself at home.

The first one and after thinking about this I realised there was also the one above is this.

The house I live in in the dream above is very unassuming. Like all others on the street. However when you enter it is massive!!!! Has corridors leading in different directions? Impossible to be the size it is based on what you can see outside?

When showing people round who visit it is at the point where I don’t actually realise how big it is and have to confess that I don’t even know what room is what and where it goes?

Anyone had similar to either of the above?

I have one where I have a Maths exam to sit. I haven't done any studying and I am panicking. When I jolt out of the dream(it always wakes me), the relief I feel is fantastic knowing it was just a dream.

On 08/03/2020 at 21:31, Vlad Magic said:

Apologies for bumping an old thread however search brought this up and it didn’t warrant a new one.

I recently posted a thread about dreaming whilst being awake however the 2 are different.

I also recently discovered that I have 2 reoccurring dreams. I say that because only when you really think back in those first few minutes after waking do you think back “have I dreamt this before” and usually you get caught up in day routine and it’s forgotten about?

Anyway I realised this morning that I do indeed have 2 more reoccurring dreams

to go along with my various gold themed dreams I have spoken about.

They are also both “house” related so would appreciate if anyone has experienced similar?

The first one actually was realised after the 2nd one I will describe. It was only after thinking about it that the 2 happen regularly.

So the 2nd one is where I live on a street and virtually every person important to my childhood lives on that street even though in reality those people lived miles apart, sometimes even not even in the same country. They were all literally next door or 2 doors down and I would visit them for a catch up. Just walk through the front door and make myself at home.

The first one and after thinking about this I realised there was also the one above is this.

The house I live in in the dream above is very unassuming. Like all others on the street. However when you enter it is massive!!!! Has corridors leading in different directions? Impossible to be the size it is based on what you can see outside?

When showing people round who visit it is at the point where I don’t actually realise how big it is and have to confess that I don’t even know what room is what and where it goes?

Anyone had similar to either of the above?

As a kid, I had a recurring nightmare where I was passing a church and went in. I walked up steps in the steeple and found a big room, far to big to be in a steeple. The room was lined with lots of sinks, and at each Dracula like figures were drowning people. I always woke up after that part.

I had a dream not long ago where I'd went into a wee house, which turned out to be massive inside. I can't remember anything else about it, but can remember laughing when I told the wife about it in the morning. 

On 06/06/2017 at 14:28, Muppetboy said:

Not, really. I have plenty of dreams about being late for something and I can never get organised to do it or get there. It's not the same dream every time but the running late and not being able to snap out of it recurs.

I had my golf ball themed reoccurring dream again last night.

Found a massive bag of golf balls in the rough when looking for my golf ball. Weirdly in the bag along with the balls were items of clothing and a radio which I’ve never dreamt of before.

Also dreamt I was drifting cars with the top gear lads. Lost my car in a pool of water and had to walk miles back to where they were and explain how the hell I had lost a car. 

Weakened Offender
On 06/06/2017 at 20:55, JamboCampbell said:

I dream about places that I havent been to before and obviously at the time I dont know where the place actually is. Then when i go to new places i think I have been before. I havent ofcourse but I saw it in an earlier dream!

I've had similar experiences, over a two year period. Really strong feelings of having experienced what I was doing/saying at that point in a dream before. And smiling at the same time 😁. Some days I would have 4 or 5 of these episodes and would eventually wake up in the morning knowing they would happen. Told my GP and was referred to a neurologist who said it wasn't that uncommon and tested me for epilepsy but so far nothing, and haven't had another one in nearly a year. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

I remember I used to always have these really vivid, nonsensical dreams whenever I was ill when I was younger.

They would never occur when I was feeling okay but if I had a cold or something it was always the same ones.

I dream a lot about this seaside town I seem to end up in a lot during the dream. This place is never a place I've been to before, it doesn't exist anywhere in real life etc. I wish it did..........It's not a bad wee place in the dream to be fair 

On 06/06/2017 at 20:55, JamboCampbell said:

Very similar to me 

Unknown user

Years ago I sat next to a guy at work who'd talk im depth about his latest dream at least a couple of days a week. A bit of curiosity and wonder's fine, like this thread, but this guy was so into himself he thought his random nonsensical sleep thoughts were fascinating to everyone around him.

STFU Neil you utter dullard.

Just now, Smithee said:

Years ago I sat next to a guy at work who'd talk im depth about his latest dream at least a couple of days a week. A bit of curiosity and wonder's fine, like this thread, but this guy was so into himself he thought his random nonsensical sleep thoughts were fascinating to everyone around him.

STFU Neil you utter dullard.

Does he work in the accounts or social media department (presuming you are office based)? .

If so that explains why 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Does he work in the accounts or social media department (presuming you are office based)? .

If so that explains why 

He was a financial administrator, and a w

I'd like my recent dream of being locked in a shop with Monica Bellucci to be recurring  ONLY on the understanding I'm not woken early in the dream like I was before.