kila

The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

JamboJoker98

It's about time something was done about the absolute dross that is spoken on here. To think the club had to release this statement due to its own fans. Source verified with the Mods or it's deleted

RedStarRiot

No.

It was more of a reply that everyone takes the party line and instantly swallows it. As ever, with these things, the answer is somewhere in the middle.

And anyway, the club are hardly going to come out and say 'aye, we only offered Jamie a pittance extra and he said naw, so we told him to bolt' are they? Think about it. Not exactly great PR either way tbh.

No they just wouldn't have released a statement at all if there was some truth in it.

The fact they have came out with such a strong statement makes me think they were annoyed at the bollocks spouted on this forum and various FB groups.

Barack

They been reading stuff from fans' forums, and deciding to comment? :lol:

Tongue firmly in cheek here, of course.

As for Walker, well I guess we get the best offer we now can for him, and move on.

Thanks, and cheerio.

Chester™

You still can't help it can you....despite it you still want to find fault.

Common sense being applied as it is at most clubs and you still want to find fault..the club are simply saying what everyone with half a brain knows that we cannot allow contracts to run down without  trying at least to get a return on our investment.

The player can of course run down his deal and that is his right but it's the clubs right to look after itself and make it clear we are open to decent offers.

You've totally missed my point.

You carry on regardless though.

alicante jambo

The bigshow maroonnicky and their pathetic wee gang look rather stupid now. Their lies have been called out.

Well said.Some utter pish spouted from the said name.

Sooperstar

I've just seen that Walker has been liking Rangers Instagram posts and following their new signings too. Silly laddie.

OTT

The club should be more professional than lashing out at internet hearsay. They did similar last year when they released a statement about transfer speculation. Doesn't really paint Walker in a great light either. Fair play for taking a stand, but I could have done without that statement.

Why? Levein has a job to do and its his reputation which is being attacked arguably making his job harder. Seems Walker is the one who has decided to move on despite a very good offer (seemingly). I'd rather not incorrectly resent Levein for forcing Walker out when its him who has decided to move on.

Thought Police

The club should be more professional than lashing out at internet hearsay. They did similar last year when they released a statement about transfer speculation. Doesn't really paint Walker in a great light either. Fair play for taking a stand, but I could have done without that statement.

I think it was necessary because people were saying slanderous things about Levein being a liar. He might not have explained it well but Craig Levein has Hearts in his blood and will be here long after Jamie Walker. The club has made it clear that people can't just make things up.

Zibi

Jamie was on 2800 a week after he signed his last deal which at the time made him the highest earner. Someone who signed in the summer or January must be on more going by the clubs statement.

Edited by Zibi

Jamhammer

Well. What an interesting statement that suggests they are pissed off with Jamie. If accurate, understandably.

Will be interesting to see how Jamie responds.

Will be interesting to see how the fans respond too, as this statement is closer to Vlad style than others have been by the current regime.

EDIT. Seen some posts. Backing the club. Rightly so, unless something different comes out.

Such as? There is no ambiguity in the clubs statement. If Jamie says different those who oppose the set up will believe him and those who have faith in Mrs Budge etc will believe the club.

Personally think it needed said. Well done Hearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jamhammer

Darren

Fair enough statement, although the final line is a bit pathetic and unnecessary. 

saxondale

You have to look at the other threads

I think there is a rule we aren't to name people unless they post on this thread.

But can quote other threads

Damn it.

They will have gone into hiding so there is no chance they will post on this thread.

Cheers.

CJGJ

You've totally missed my point.

You carry on regardless though.

Keep digging for all you are doing is showing yourself up on this subject

The Don

Fair play to the club on this. Kinda makes the family members claims quite ridiculous and trouble making. 

If hes done a U-turn after agreeing then good riddance don't let the door hit yer erse on the way out.

Zico

Mibbe the club are lying tae us, eh. Makes you think eh?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Before anyone has a go at me I never claimed to know what Walker was offered but I have known what other young players were offered. I did take the wrong side but I have never said something I've not known to be true.

Good the club have released the statement. Too many people talking shite.

redm

Hmmm. What's the world coming to when you can't even be ITK with info directly from a player's dad eh.

Sorry state of affairs and a real shame that the club had to write this at all.

Eye of suspicion has to fall on Walker's agent as well. What on earth is he playing at? What sort of advice is he giving Jamie? :unsure:

BobbyJenkins

Haha brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamboJen

Really? There's a 13 page thread on here with loads of comments criticising the club for not offering Jamie more money or claiming they're lying about what's going on. There are members of Walker's family prominently on social media calling CL's statement "shite". There is absolutely nothing wrong with the club clarifying the situation when they're being painted as the bad guys by our fellow fans. Whether people choose to believe the statement is a different matter, but I'm glad the club have made it.

Chester™

Keep digging for all you are doing is showing yourself up on this subject

The riposte of someone who doesnt get it.

franko1874

Another one of our players with a certain agent not signing a new deal. I for one am shocked at this coincidence occurring yet again...

Who is his agent?

redm

It's about time something was done about the absolute dross that is spoken on here. To think the club had to release this statement due to its own fans. Source verified with the Mods or it's deleted

I wouldn't disagree about the presence of (occasional) dross but on this occasion it's not a JKB source situation. Jamie's own dad created this particular monster.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I've just seen that Walker has been liking Rangers Instagram posts and following their new signings too. Silly laddie.

Absolutely no question that's his preferred destination. Strange for a Hearts fan to be so obsessed with Rangers.

Big Team

Another one of our players with a certain agent not signing a new deal. I for one am shocked at this coincidence occurring yet again...

Out of interest...who is the agent? And who are the players past and present that he represents at Hearts?

heartsfc_fan

Jamie was on 2800 a week after he signed his last deal which at the time made him the highest earner. Someone who signed in the summer or January must be on more going by the clubs statement.

Maybe Berra.

Edit. Actually scratch that, he's only just arrived.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

Barack

I wouldn't disagree about the presence of (occasional) dross but on this occasion it's not a JKB source situation. Jamie's own dad created this particular monster.

With his poor spelling, let's not forget...

redm

Really? There's a 13 page thread on here with loads of comments criticising the club for not offering Jamie more money or claiming they're lying about what's going on. There are members of Walker's family prominently on social media calling CL's statement "shite". There is absolutely nothing wrong with the club clarifying the situation when they're being painted as the bad guys by our fellow fans. Whether people choose to believe the statement is a different matter, but I'm glad the club have made it.

Absolutely.

I can't really blame people for taking Walker's family's comments at face value but there was quite incredible desperation to jump on the anti-Levein bandwagon. 

The whole thing smelled a bit iffy from the start, imo. I didn't think the full story was clear on either side, and now I suppose I know why.

redm

Oh ffs, Jamie.

How to go about ruining your relationship with your club and its fans in one fell swoop.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Symptomatic of the disconnect between the club and the fans atm. Sorry state of affairs when the club are commenting on social media rumours.

Taffin

Nicholson, Paterson and Walker...the new riccarton 3.

bb8

Absolutely.

I can't really blame people for taking Walker's family's comments at face value but there was quite incredible desperation to jump on the anti-Levein bandwagon. 

The whole thing smelled a bit iffy from the start, imo. I didn't think the full story was clear on either side, and now I suppose I know why.

I have to agree. Some will do anything to find a stick to batter Levein with, and that's coming from a person that's not a huge fan of the work he's done in the past 18 months in regards to the first-team. 

Scallywag

Well done Hearts. Some amount of drivel gets posted on here nowadays.

Chaps

Hearts should have never been needed to bring out a statement like that if Levein kept his mouth shut instead but he does to deflect the attention away from him and Cathro of the complete balls up of last season.

Jamie contract situation should have been kept private.

Barack

Walker's Dad's post still up?

Be inclined to think not.

Nightwing

Unbelievably naive from the club here. No club in their right mind would pay decent money for Walker now when they know h wants away and we'll look to empty him. Very poorly handled by both parties.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this put Jamie's back up and drove him toward the zombies.

Edited by Nightwing

sam?

knocked back contract in February... same time his form went awol 

Mikey1874

No.

It was more of a reply that everyone takes the party line and instantly swallows it. As ever, with these things, the answer is somewhere in the middle.

And anyway, the club are hardly going to come out and say 'aye, we only offered Jamie a pittance extra and he said naw, so we told him to bolt' are they? Think about it. Not exactly great PR either way tbh.

Social media age I think

Hard for most organisations to get around it

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Can't blame him for wanting to leave tbh

Glamorgan Jambo

Can someone get Paul Ritchie to explain to Jamie how it all ends up.....

alicante jambo

knocked back contract in February... same time his form went awol

Youre wrong mate hes been utter pish for months bar the odd game.This feb stuff is garbage hes had about 6 decent games this is nowt to do with febuary.

Cruyff Turn

So there's the truth from the club.

Walker who is supposedly Hearts man through and through turns down a 3 year deal to become the highest earner at the club.

What a feckin cretin.

Hendricks

As I said on the other thread:

"I think this is a money thing on BOTH sides. Walker can earn more elsewhere (even if it's at a club not nearly as attractive as Hearts should be). And our DoF can't afford not to bring in a transfer fee given both the mess he has made of other expiring contracts and the amount of dough he's pished up against a wall signing keek and paying some of them off."

?This was always about money for both player and club. We can't afford to let our better players (and few and far between they are) let their contracts run down as has happened with our greatest asset in Paterson. It has now been made clear that the offer Walker received was a big one in Hearts terms but clearly the player has had his head turned by his agent or indeed another club and knows he can make more. Hearts won't budge and therefore we have this stand off but I commend the club for clarifying and now we need to make any interested party pay as much as we possibly can get (especially if its Rangers!).

Edited by Hendricks

Darren

Walker who is supposedly Hearts man through and through turns down a 3 year deal to become the highest earner at the club.

What a feckin cretin.

Hardly a cretin, he'll probably earn loads more elsewhere.

Mikey1874

Unbelievably naive from the club here. No club in their right mind would pay decent money for Walker now when they know h wants away and we'll look to empty him. Very poorly handled by both parties.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this put Jamie's back up and drove him toward the zombies.

Yeah offering best player top wages who has faithfully served club through difficult times, always representing club well, who has developed through hard work...should get more like Oshaniwa and Jaunma instead.

Offering him top wages on 3 year deal pissed him off?

Apache Mal

I thought it was widely accepted that Osh was on more than this.

alicante jambo

What a feckin cretin.

Shhhh youl have a few onto you going on about how big a jambo he is/offered 10 pound a week rise/the younger fans idolise him.Feck him he can rot.Been a passenger for months.

sairyinthat

No.

cover being blown eh Roader

alicante jambo

I thought it was widely accepted that Osh was on more than this.

Nobody knows anything the statement tells you everything you need to know about itk posters.

Cade

If he was a massive Jambo he'd sign the new contract then ask to be transferred so the club would get a fee.

Sneaking out on a free is pish.

Cruyff Turn

Hardly a cretin, he'll probably earn loads more elsewhere.

At Sevco no doubt.