The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

scott herbertson
41 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Djoum is so much more effective in an attacking role.

I dont disagree, just saying international manager doesn’t think so and it looks like neither does Levein. Looking at our squad we don’t have any really good defensive mids either in the current ragbag of Mercenaries or in the kids coming through so maybe while Walkers here and Cochrane is being tested we’re stuck with Arnold playing deeper. It’s a shame as I the first few months he offered a real goal threat and his conversion rate was far superior to all three of our strikers

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

As an aside there were 2 guys with English accents in the back row of the director's box on Sat. Probably me adding 2 & 2 and getting 5 but could have been watching Jamie Walker

Probably why he decided to put a shift in.

BRAVEHEART1874

aye he did have a good game but too many long range efforts needs to get nearer the 18 yard box and then shoot ;) and show stockton how its done tae

15 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

As an aside there were 2 guys with English accents in the back row of the director's box on Sat. Probably me adding 2 & 2 and getting 5 but could have been watching Jamie Walker

Stevie Frail was there as well, so maybe it's Celtic and the English names are just to put us off.

:ninja:

Djoum very rarely crossed the half way line in Cameroons semi and final of that tournament. He was very much a holding midfielder, spreading it out from the back. But with this being the spfl he could be more attacking but with the right balance round about him. We haven't really had that since he arrived. We could get so much more from him. 

Just now, SUTOL said:

Stevie Frail was there as well, so maybe it's Celtic and the English names are just to put us off.

:ninja:

Stevie Frail was with Michael O'Neill, maybe being interviewed(M.O. not SF?

Neil McCann was also there, maybe Dundee bound.?

7 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Stevie Frail was with Michael O'Neill, maybe being interviewed(M.O. not SF?

Neil McCann was also there, maybe Dundee bound.?

Actually thinking about it, it's Donald Park wanting him for the Scotland U19's! 

;)

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Tbh I heard Wigan and guessed at MK Dons 

My info is 3rd hand so don't know how reliable the original source was but the other team was Blackburn Rovers.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Superb free kick today and good overall performance. Take a bow son.

Criticisms aside over the last few months, his quality just shows up where we lack elsewhere when he plays like that.

He's at the heart of almost anything dangerous we create.  Even off the ball he shows up our supposed more natural midfielders. How good is he at stealing the ball from the blindside? 

Our midfield struggle to put in a decent tackle.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Superb free kick today and good overall performance. Take a bow son.

Quality always shines through. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Best game for a while today although still a little short of his best. Why he was taken off and Stockton remained on was a head scratching moment for me. The free kick that Lafferty messed up near the end was crying out for another Jamie shot into the net. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
20 minutes ago, daftie said:

Jaimie had taken a knock, he could hardly move. That’s why he was taken off. 

Didn't notice Walker was injured but I still feel Stockton should have gone off and Lafferty should have gone up top with Moore in closer support.

scott herbertson
On 23/11/2017 at 16:57, Ryder said:

Agree completely. Isma obviously doesn’t have lots of family friends in the Edinburgh area. Give me an Ismael Goncalves over a Jamie Walker every single day of the week.

Including Saturday?

That celebration was arguably more passion than he's showed in the entirety of this campaign 

Howdy Doody Jambo

He has the talent and ability but lacks a top engine to take him to a higher level and Scotland caps We  would be as well keeping him until the end of the season rather than cashing in for a few quid 

59 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

close this thread so boring ,he goes he stays who actually gives a feck not me IMO he is pish

So don't bother reading, or posting on, the thread then!

How empty a life must you have that you can't find anything better to do with your time?

It should have been ten
On 25/11/2017 at 21:13, jambo1975 said:

Putting himself in the shop window one could argue?  Nice of him to make a bit of an effort after being invisible for months on end!

Nailed it 

On 11/25/2017 at 16:13, jambo1975 said:

Putting himself in the shop window one could argue?  Nice of him to make a bit of an effort after being invisible for months on end!

Played poorly against Rangers and Hibs when no one was watching, but when the glamour matchup against Hamilton came around, he's suddenly on fire...

Can folk not just congratulate him on a good game?

32 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Fantastic yesterday.

Celebration in our half nearly cost us- thankfully Djoum stayed in their half

Noticed that. Good point

maroonnicky63
Just now, Ugly American said:

Played poorly against Rangers and Hibs when no one was watching, but when the glamour matchup against Hamilton came around, he's suddenly on fire...

Can folk not just congratulate him on a good game?

you do know you are on jambos kick back right ??

1 hour ago, Glottis said:

Fantastic yesterday.

Celebration in our half nearly cost us- thankfully Djoum stayed in their half

Zaliukas used to do that when we were celebrating a goal in our own half.

Djoum  not only stayed in their half but went directly to Madden as if to make sure he didn't try and let the game restart.

You could tell Walker enjoyed that goal on Saturday. Hopefully remembering what it felt like makes him play to his full potential. 

Is he going to get so much more at Wigan than being highest paid player at Tynecastle?.......and yes I do know that was before Berra and Laff ......anything in 5K region he's worth it.....imo!

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/12/11/hearts-boss-reckons-rangers-target-could-already-been-plotting-his-exit/

Hearts manager Craig Levein admits Jamie Walker could already be planning a January departure – and has no idea whether the influential playmaker will remain at Tynecastle for the second half of the season.

Levein revealed that the 24-year-old, who was rated at £1 million during the summer after Rangers had three bids rejected, has been free to speak to potential suitors since the start of December after entering the final six months of his deal.

Hearts fans will get a taste of life post-Walker when Dundee visit tonight after the attacking midfielder was ruled of of the clash with a niggling hamstring strain.

Levein has been delighted with Walker’s recent form after claiming that the ‘penny has dropped’ but is well aware that the player is already entitled to sign a pre-contract elsewhere.

Levein said: “Contracts in Scotland end in May so Jamie has been eligible, or whatever you want to call if, to speak to clubs since the start of December.

“That’s just the way it is. We should be contacted by the club if he is speaking to anybody as a matter of courtesy but it doesn’t always happen.

“My main point with him is that I’ve been really pleased with his attitude and his focus. I think he’s got himself in a good place just now so that’s why I’m disappointed he has this hamstring problem. I don’t think it’s anything serious and I’m hoping he’ll be available for the Celtic game.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen, whether he’ll leave in January or stay until the end of the season.

“We’ve had conversations but that’s not for public consumption.

“It’s hard to project what decisions we’re going to make based on something that might happen.

Although Walker has only notched two goals during an injury-interrupted campaign, Levein insists the Edinburgh-born forward has become a more complete player.

He added: “I’m happy with what he is doing on the field and what he is going on the training field and I think the penny is dropped. He’s doing exceptionally well.

“Jamie has been really good, he has changed his game slightly that he is much more diligent with his defensive work and that’s helped us a fair bit.

“It’s probably been slightly to the detriment of his goal scoring.

“He’s had opportunities but not been quite as clinical as he has been.

“I think his overall game, provided he’s continuing to do the things he’s doing, will improve and if we do better things round about him then it will give him more opportunities to create and score goals.”

Levein took a thinly-veiled swipe at Rangers in September when he claimed that ‘a lot of the promises that were made to Walker weren’t kept’ and the former Scotland boss has been delighted with his attitude amid speculation over his future.

He added: “He is serious now, I think, about his football and somebody is going to get a good player.

“It happens. Some players are serious from the first moment they play football.

“Others go through life and then, at some point, something switches in their head and they say: “Hold on, I’d better focus a bit more – and take football more seriously.”

“It’s just age sometimes. Getting married. A kid being born. Some level of responsibility.

“I do feel that Jamie has had a tough year, with everything that has happened to him.

“But that has actually focused him – and now he’s in a good place.

“All credit to him for that. He’s been really good.”

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived