The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

That EEN website is unreadable. The most user-unfriendly site I've ever come across. Full of adverts and the page jumps about all over the shop, piss poor. 

Wish folk would just post the articles on here instead of their links.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But when it comes to JW - I'd be delighted if we can offload him in Jan. He's been a passenger for a long time now and any cash in Jan is better than no cash in the summer. Take £200k and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Strachsuit said:

But when it comes to JW - I'd be delighted if we can offload him in Jan. He's been a passenger for a long time now and any cash in Jan is better than no cash in the summer. Take £200k and be done with it.

I’d be happy enough just getting him off the wage bill and using it to pay someone who might actually influence a game in our favour.

7 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

That EEN website is unreadable. The most user-unfriendly site I've ever come across. Full of adverts and the page jumps about all over the shop, piss poor. 

Wish folk would just post the articles on here instead of their links.

It’s good etiquette to post a link. Horrible site though. 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

God just get rid already. Stop going to the press hoping he stays, just feeds his ego.

If any other player had played as **** as him for the last 18 months he’d have been hounded out long ago.

(His pals/family members will be along to slaughter me in a minute).

and what exactly is this thread if not a hounding out ?

it kinda sums up the hearts support at these days, a laddie who has said nothing but a few rumours circulate and everyone turns  on him, a "hearts player" the very people were supposed to support.

drown the ****er, if he doesn't drown he's a traitor and we will burn him at the stake.

the good old hearts support, loyal to the end.

Him leaving will have about the same impact as Angus beith leaving.  He's an imposter and has gone backwards over the past year, add to that his 90 year old knees I'll be surprised if anyone is in for him in January. 

Jamie has the ability, I would keep him provided he wanted to stay and sign a contract (not to make him the highest payed malarkey), but i'm in the camp of not bothered whether he goes in January or not.

Elias Henry Furst

Been given a lot of slack by the fans at matches and I’m not quite sure I understand why.

Chants of ‘one Jamie Walker’ for example.

Really?

Clearly doesn’t want to be at the club and his performances this season have reflected that.

Hope he leaves in January asap as seeing him disappear in yet another Scottish cup Edinburgh Derby isn’t for me. As culpable as anyone over the last few seasons embarrassments yet seems happy to fling mud at others who apparently ‘don’t get the importance’.

Fraud.

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

It's not just Walker, it's everyone, nobody is improving or playing well at Hearts, they all look like they'd rather be anywhere else.

Absolute garbage. Berra, Brandon, skinny, Cowie all busting a gut for the team and manager. Not just these but first 4 I thought of. Walker is finished at Hearts and we should let him go in January

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s good etiquette to post a link. Horrible site though. 

Fair enough.

Aye it's honking. They are so strapped for cash that they just fill the place with a million adverts. Just awful.

17 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Been given a lot of slack by the fans at matches and I’m not quite sure I understand why.

Really?

Clearly doesn’t want to be at the club and his performances this season have reflected that.

Hope he leaves in January asap as seeing him disappear in yet another Scottish cup Edinburgh Derby isn’t for me. As culpable as anyone over the last few seasons embarrassments yet seems happy to fling mud at others who apparently ‘don’t get the importance’.

Fraud.

Sometimes a bit of encouragement does work. ?

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

When I think about the amount of slack this guy has been cut compared to the likes of Juanma. 

You really are obsessed with slagging him.

scott herbertson
23 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Really?

Fraud.

Has as he said something recently? I don’t recall him “flinging the mud at others” or indeed saying anything at all 

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You really are obsessed with slagging him.

Because he is not doing his job properly and it frustrates the absolute hell out of me. He has been given a lot more chances than other players, and yet we still haven’t replaced him with someone who can actually do his job. He wouldn’t be getting slagged by anyone if he was actually pulling his weight. 

Everyone else’s fault but Jamie’s yet again... Robbie... Levein... Cathro... the other players around him... the supporters... Sevco... Caixinha... **** me, he’s had rotten luck hasn’t he. :lol:

AlphonseCapone

Take £20 and a bag of apples in Jan if we can. Boy has been shite for so long I don't remember him being good.

To be amazing in your own head though eh.

Thought Police
58 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

and what exactly is this thread if not a hounding out ?

it kinda sums up the hearts support at these days, a laddie who has said nothing but a few rumours circulate and everyone turns  on him, a "hearts player" the very people were supposed to support.

drown the ****er, if he doesn't drown he's a traitor and we will burn him at the stake.

the good old hearts support, loyal to the end.

At no point did I say he was a traitor. Just don’t think Hearts should keep holding him in such high regard. If he was foreign or signed by Cathro, folk would be calling him a wage thief, bad recruitment and all sorts.

Jamie Walker hasn't done much wrong this season. Has put in better performances than many and worst performances than a couple. Injured against Rangers at Murrayfield and making his way back from that. He currently wears a Hearts jersey and gets my support. The day he stops wearing a Hearts jersey is the day my support stops.

Elias Henry Furst
23 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Has as he said something recently? I don’t recall him “flinging the mud at others” or indeed saying anything at all 

He had a go at some of the January signings with regards our performance v them in the cup/replay in the build up to the derby at Easter Rd last month.

‘’but the games at Easter Road haven’t been good enough. The one last season was really tough because we had too many players who didn’t seem to understand what was needed. I felt like some people were looking to me to lead the team that night but you need everyone to be together in a derby. We just got overrun that night.’’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/jamie-walker-hearts-better-equipped-to-deal-with-derby-1-4593627/amp

Irony being he was completely anonymous in both ties 2016, both ties 2017 and indeed the game last month.

The team needs to pick up form, that is pretty obvious.  Looked like we'd turned some kind of corner after the Aberdeen and Hamilton matches, but we've gone backwards of late.

I'd keep Jamie.  With a team that is doing better, he'll get through defenses that are sitting back.  Hopefully we'll get back to the stage where breaking teams down like that becomes an issue.

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Jamie Walker hasn't done much wrong this season. Has put in better performances than many and worst performances than a couple. Injured against Rangers at Murrayfield and making his way back from that. He currently wears a Hearts jersey and gets my support. The day he stops wearing a Hearts jersey is the day my support stops.

Have you applied this wearing the jersey ethos to all Hearts players who have been as poor as Jamie? 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Have you applied this wearing the jersey ethos to all Hearts players who have been as poor as Jamie? 

Yes. I support all Hearts players. Even the ones that have been playing shite. Have done for 50 plus years now and in that time I have seen my fair share of shite.

Even if he wanted to stay, I wouldn't keep him

Even if he offered to take a pay cut

Whatever he had , its gone, and it aint coming back

He is now so poor over a prolonged period of time that no one will be paying money for him

I'd rather have Darien Mackinnon in our squad than Walker

And I feckin hate him

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes. I support all Hearts players. Even the ones that have been playing shite. Have done for 50 plus years now and in that time I have seen my fair share of shite.

Good on you. Genuinely impressed at such an attitude. Mind you said this about Juanma?

“... Simple his attitude is far better than the Spaniards. Juanman's attitude stinks. We as a club in the longterm will be better without him... “

Not quite as supportive as you are of Jamie. Was Juanma wearing an away jersey that you didn’t like?

13 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Good on you. Genuinely impressed at such an attitude. Mind you said this about Juanma?

“... Simple his attitude is far better than the Spaniards. Juanman's attitude stinks. We as a club in the longterm will be better without him... “

Not quite as supportive as you are of Jamie. Was Juanma wearing an away jersey that you didn’t like?

I feel privileged. I have my own personal stalker 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

At no point did I say he was a traitor. Just don’t think Hearts should keep holding him in such high regard. If he was foreign or signed by Cathro, folk would be calling him a wage thief, bad recruitment and all sorts.

he's no been great/consistent for a while, mostly due to fitness problems breaking up his seasons and having this opinion is fine. you just don't rate him, that's fine as well but when you turn up at the game, right from the start your on his back, the exact opposite of "support" what the hell is the point. if he ****s up a pass and everybody starts yelling at him, the next time he's got a pass on he's no gonna take it because your all on the edge of your seats waiting for him to **** up so you can yell abuse at him.

this isn't just Jamie, it's all the players, their getting stifled by the constant whinging. they make a bad pass it should be "go on Jamie you'll get it this time" SUPPORT not the constant barracking the team suffers via the fans.

those who make the excuse for this by saying it's up to the team to make them feel good 1st don't understand the word "SUPPORT". 

when things aren't going well it's your support (family/friends) that pull you through it, they don't turn round and kick you when things are grim(the hearts fans)

31 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I stand by those words and at present I would apply them to Goncalves and to a lesser extent Lafferty. When they pull on the Hearts jersey they get my support regardless of my opinion of them. If players do read this forum  then I hope they develop an attitude to prove me one hundred percent wrong.

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I stand by those words and at present I would apply them to Goncalves and to a lesser extent Lafferty. When they pull on the Hearts jersey they get my support regardless of my opinion of them. If players do read this forum  then I hope they develop an attitude to prove me one hundred percent wrong.

Nut, sorry. You are contradicting yourself all over the place now.

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Nut, sorry. You are contradicting yourself all over the place now.

Aye ok.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

He is now so poor over a prolonged period of time that no one will be paying money for him

And I feckin hate him

That's when you know a players number is up! :laugh:

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

No,  he hasnt. But he is still a traitor etc etc etc. The treatment of Jamie on here has been nothing short of disgraceful. 

He's been horseshite for the best part of a year.

If St Mirren could afford to pay his wages, I'd offer them Walker plus cash for Lewis Morgan. :laugh:

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

And I feckin hate him

Going too far there Doc!! :unsure:

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

He had a go at some of the January signings with regards our performance v them in the cup/replay in the build up to the derby at Easter Rd last month.

‘’but the games at Easter Road haven’t been good enough. The one last season was really tough because we had too many players who didn’t seem to understand what was needed. I felt like some people were looking to me to lead the team that night but you need everyone to be together in a derby. We just got overrun that night.’’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/jamie-walker-hearts-better-equipped-to-deal-with-derby-1-4593627/amp

Irony being he was completely anonymous in both ties 2016, both ties 2017 and indeed the game last month.

Hadnt seen that, thanks

Dr Ian Malcolm

Not sure what's been so "disgraceful" about Walker's treatment. He's had an easy ride compared to just about everyone else in the squad. Our only goal threat gets slaughtered when he's arguably the only one producing the goods.

Seems patience is finally running out with Walker now that previous good performances are a distant memory. The "one of us" factor that, if we're being honest, plenty used to excuse him doing nothing of note, doesn't wash given the whole Rangers/contract situation. He can't really have any complaints.

Captain America
2 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Not sure what's been so "disgraceful" about Walker's treatment. He's had an easy ride compared to just about everyone else in the squad. Our only goal threat gets slaughtered when he's arguably the only one producing the goods.

Seems patience is finally running out with Walker now that previous good performances are a distant memory. The "one of us" factor that, if we're being honest, plenty used to excuse him doing nothing of note, doesn't wash given the whole Rangers/contract situation. He can't really have any complaints.

This is fair comment.

Isma seems to take a lot of abuse in the stands and on social media but has been scoring this season mostly with no real service.

Walker has contributed very little and doesn't seem to get same treatment.

When Rangers started their games in the summer I was dead against Walker leaving, after watching him this season, wish we just took the cash. He isn't even 20% of the player we had from Aug to Feb last season.

47 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

This is fair comment.

Isma seems to take a lot of abuse in the stands and on social media but has been scoring this season mostly with no real service.

Walker has contributed very little and doesn't seem to get same treatment.

When Rangers started their games in the summer I was dead against Walker leaving, after watching him this season, wish we just took the cash. He isn't even 20% of the player we had from Aug to Feb last season.

Agree completely. Isma obviously doesn’t have lots of family friends in the Edinburgh area. Give me an Ismael Goncalves over a Jamie Walker every single day of the week.

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He's been horseshite for the best part of a year.

If St Mirren could afford to pay his wages, I'd offer them Walker plus cash for Lewis Morgan. :laugh:

THIS

Shooter McGavin

If Rangers are still interested in him, I'll be amazed. Even when he's in good form its about 3 games then back to being anonymous.

Thought Jamie Walker was looking quite pies in the photo of him in today's evening news (particularly the print edition as it shows the image in full). 

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hope-jamie-walker-stays-beyond-january-but-player-will-decide-1-4620766

Too many sweets, me thinks.

How many goals has Walker scored this calender year in comparison to the last? That will tell you everything you need to know in terms of his commitment to us.

He doesn't want to play for Hearts and his attitude has probably cost him a better move. Like other posters have alluded to, I think he'll find it difficult to recapture what made him stand out before. 

9 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

How many goals has Walker scored this calender year in comparison to the last? That will tell you everything you need to know in terms of his commitment to us.

He doesn't want to play for Hearts and his attitude has probably cost him a better move. Like other posters have alluded to, I think he'll find it difficult to recapture what made him stand out before. 

Ah, but that’s everyone else’s fault. Levein... Cathro... Daly... the fans... the other players...

Captain America
27 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

2016 - 15 goals.

2017 - 6 goals. 4 of which were scored in 1st 32 days of the year.

32 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

How has the team performed as a whole during those periods? 

But yeah, lets use this as "proof" that he doesnt care.

If he was as useless and as much of a liability as many on here would have you believe, why is CL desperate for Jamie to stay? 

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

How has the team performed as a whole during those periods? 

But yeah, lets use this as "proof" that he doesnt care.

If he was as useless and as much of a liability as many on here would have you believe, why is CL desperate for Jamie to stay? 

He was always thought of as a barometer of our club.Sadly tarnished  now and his lack of effort is impacting on the team,dump him say's I.

5 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

No,  he hasnt. But he is still a traitor etc etc etc. The treatment of Jamie on here has been nothing short of disgraceful. 

He has been very poor for a year A YEAR !!! No one would get away with that but you have this massive protection on JW that you dont have for others.

Good players stand out even in poor teams and one Rangers game apart, JW hasnt had any real influence on big games.

Where was he in any of the derbies or any other big games?

The old “the team is poor” doesnt wash its his lack of effort and consistency that has nothing to do with the team.

He has talent but he has not focused on it and i would say that is because he is playing out his time.

We currently talk about a shite midfield and lack of creativity is this not JW’s role ?? So by definition he isnt doing it and hasnt for awhile.

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Going too far there Doc!! :unsure:

The sad thing is he's actually right!!

If you take the wonder goals out of Walker's game you are left with virtually nothing!!

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

He has been very poor for a year A YEAR !!! No one would get away with that but you have this massive protection on JW that you dont have for others.

Good players stand out even in poor teams and one Rangers game apart JW hasnt had any influence on big games.

Where was he in any of the derbies or any other big games.

He has talent but he has not focused or been consistent with that and i would say that is because he os playing out his time.

Regarding the part in bold: I do stick up for the other players when it is merited. I always stick up for Isma, as one example, as I think he is excellent (just frustrating at times).

I dont think Jamie has been nearly as poor as people on here make out, hence he remains popular with the support. 

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived