The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

It depends what We're replacing of course.

The JW of the last few months won't be difficult to replace.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

His replacement is already at the club, and he'll be better IMO.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are looking at it from the club's point of view Hearts think a switched on Walker is worth ?1m and won't be dicked around by a shower of charlatans who want to rip the piss out of us. That's what I understand 

They also expect Walker to behave like a professional and give 100%.  That's the risky part

It doesnt matter what we think he is worth. Thats already proven.

I'm disappointed in him but I wish he would pull his finger out and cause some major damage while he is still with us. I would like to see this damage inflicted on teams who wear green and blue in particular and I include St Johnstone in that.

For the sake of argument, lets say Milinkovic is his replacement. 

if Milinkovic keeps him out of the team and rips up the league, which of the two are TTFKAR likely to be most interested in. I say this with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of Milinkovic's contractual status once his loan deal with us expires. Seems to me that Walker is in a situation where he has to perform, or his chances of maximising his potential salary with the tribute act, is put at risk. this seems like a good thing to me.

This thread is bloody crazy no one on here has a clue what went on between walker levein

Dont have a clue about what rangers offered or what hearts were willing to accept

Why cant we just let them get on with the football and try cheer the team on to victory.

Surely we trust levein to pick the best team available to him and if jamies part of that so be it .

If hes not performing then he'll be dropped its that simple

For the sake of argument, lets say Milunkovic is his replacement. 

if Milunkovic keeps him out of the team and rips up the league, which of the two are TTFKAR likely to be most interested in. I say this with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of Milunkovis's contractual status once his loan deal with us expires. Seems to me that Walker is in a situation where he has to perform, or his chances of maximising his potential salary with the tribute act, is put at risk. this seems like a good thing to me.

He has no chance of going to Rangers unless he has a BIG season for us. I imagine this is the first thing Levein would have said to him.

Let's just see how he performs today - that supposing that he is actually selected.

He cant win really.

If he plays well today, the haters will say "Aye, a one off, lets see if he keeps it up" If it keeps it up he'll merely be 'playing to ensure he gets his move'

I don't care what his motivation is now. Its apparent he is leaving next summer. If we get goals and performances out of him until then, I don't think any criticism is valid.

He cant win really.

If he plays well today, the haters will say "Aye, a one off, lets see if he keeps it up" If it keeps it up he'll merely be 'playing to ensure he gets his move'

I don't care what his motivation is now. Its apparent he is leaving next summer. If we get goals and performances out of him until then, I don't think any criticism is valid.

Who do you think is his replacement

This thread is bloody crazy no one on here has a clue what went on between walker levein

Dont have a clue about what rangers offered or what hearts were willing to accept

Why cant we just let them get on with the football and try cheer the team on to victory.

Surely we trust levein to pick the best team available to him and if jamies part of that so be it .

If hes not performing then he'll be dropped its that simple

Spot on, but far too sensible for many on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He cant win really.

The criticism is all to do with the highlighted bit. The performances have been the issue.

He cant win really.

got damn all to do with hating.Aberdeen are top of the league and playing well so a difficult task for us today.Why in hell would we want to throw them an advantage by playing Walker? We can't go on the he might put in a performance that is crazy,he has the situation he has created let him live with it.

The criticism is all to do with the highlighted bit. The performances have been the issue.

Exactly so. Repeats of the performances that we got post February would be absolutely unacceptable. The Aberdeen game in particular.

Fair enough. But there are numerous players who fall into the same underperforming category as he does since January. Djoum being the obvious one. He's also never tired of touting himself for a move but he doesnt get anything like the same level of vitriol.

got damn all to do with hating.Aberdeen are top of the league and playing well so a difficult task for us today.Why in hell would we want to throw them an advantage by playing Walker? We can't go on the he might put in a performance that is crazy,he has the situation he has created let him live with it.

Good job Levein is picking the team then isn't it. I think he will play from the start, as he should. Lets see. If he plays and doesnt try a leg, you'll have a case. Until then, your blethering.

I agree with this post.

Surely the team should be picked on form.

JW has not shown much of that recently.

maroonnicky63

What team did you play for and when ?

Anyone could say they are a former player.

You are a wum .

Oh you mean you don't believe me,you must be mistaking me for someone who gives a dam what someone like you thinks pal

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair enough. But there are numerous players who fall into the same underperforming category as he does since January. Djoum being the obvious one. He's also never tired of touting himself for a move but he doesnt get anything like the same level of vitriol.

Fair point. In saying that, Djoum has been talking about England as his goal from Day 1. Walker, on the other hand, came through the ranks like Paterson, Nicholson et al. Compared to Paterson, he has been extremely unprofessional.

Oh you mean you don't believe me,you must be mistaking me for someone who gives a dam what someone like you thinks pal

I will ask then. Who did you play for?

I can't remember his stipulating that he only wanted to go to one club, nor can I recall any of his relatives going on line and spreading absolute nonsense about the club.

For the good of Hearts I hope that Walker starts and plays a blinders. If he starts it means that Levein is happy with his performances in training and that will do for me

I can't remember his stipulating that he only wanted to go to one club, nor can I recall any of his relatives going on line and spreading absolute nonsense about the club.

I don't remember Jamie Walker saying ANYTHING publicly. As for his extended family, I imagine they are in a select little group that actually knows what was going ion behind the scenes. Fair enough they shouldn't have commented publicly but then neither should Levein have commented publicly in the way he did.

Lucille's Thirsty

Post it as many times as you like. It won't make it him.

Oh, and check the hair.

Are there seriously people that still don't believe that's Jamie.

It's as clear as day.

Ran himself into the ground today. No complaints from me selecting him if he gives us that every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there seriously people that still don't believe that's Jamie.

It's as clear as day.

I have doubts it is Walker. Would need him to confirm it to fully convince me.

If you are looking at it from the club's point of view Hearts think a switched on Walker is worth ?1m and won't be dicked around by a shower of charlatans who want to rip the piss out of us. That's what I understand

They also expect Walker to behave like a professional and give 100%. That's the risky part

Decent start

Jamie was excellent today. Pressing, tackling, passing, creating chances - all good. Wise decision to take him off after his booking. It was probably the plan anyway but he was getting really stuck in and it would have been a disaster if he'd been sent off.

• 2 months later...
Holyrood_Hearts

His recent form is unlikely to attract any new interest other than Sevco. Unfortunately think we’ll be stuck with him sulking until the summer. 

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Attitude and behaviour aside, we need a better player than him in his position. We can’t keep going in to important games with Jamie as the guy we all look to create something for us, he’s let us down too many times. If he stays, then it’s as a player who can maybe come off the bench when we are winning. Even then I’m not exactly brimming with faith.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Looks like he's already made his mind up. We should be moving on from him (as we should have moved on from him in the summer).

I’ve defended him on here throughout this and said numerous times that he is one of our best players. I have however decided that he isn’t interested in performing for us anymore. Total waste of a jersey. I wouldn’t even include in the match day squads anymore. His heads gone completely. Shame because he is genuinely the best player at our club in his day. 

He's playing absolute shite, just like every other player in the team, if he goes and plays under a competent manager in a better environment then he'll get back to being a good player and a match winner.

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

He's playing absolute shite, just like every other player in the team, if he goes and plays under a competent manager in a better environment then he'll get back to being a good player and a match winner.

Poor old Jamie, always everyone else’s fault. 

:sob:

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve defended him on here throughout this and said numerous times that he is one of our best players. I have however decided that he isn’t interested in performing for us anymore. Total waste of a jersey. I wouldn’t even include in the match day squads anymore. His heads gone completely. Shame because he is genuinely the best player at our club in his day. 

He's hardly a waste of a jersey!!! That article does not really convey any information other than the fact that he is free to sign a pre-contract in January. It doesn't quote the playet as saying he wants to leave nor does Levein suggest he will. He returned on Saturday after an injury so was never going to be 100% and even when he is fully fit he is in a relatively poor team where, probably, too much is expected of him. Yes he has underperformed at times but he is still one of our best players. The criticism he gets is ridiculous.

Just now, Ryder said:

Poor old Jamie, always everyone else’s fault. 

:sob:

It's not just Walker, it's everyone, nobody is improving or playing well at Hearts, they all look like they'd rather be anywhere else.

Thought Police

God just get rid already. Stop going to the press hoping he stays, just feeds his ego.

If any other player had played as **** as him for the last 18 months he’d have been hounded out long ago.

(His pals/family members will be along to slaughter me in a minute).

5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

God just get rid already. Stop going to the press hoping he stays, just feeds his ego.

If any other player had played as **** as him for the last 18 months he’d have been hounded out long ago.

(His pals/family members will be along to slaughter me in a minute).

Na, you are right, he's been woeful for months. I would not miss him one bit. We need better.

26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Berra is a much better player than Walker. On his day Lafferty is too and I wouldn't be surprised if Milinkovic goes on to have a better career too.

We need to move on from Jamie, you're right, part of that is to stop over hyping him as something he's not.

41 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He's hardly a waste of a jersey!!! That article does not really convey any information other than the fact that he is free to sign a pre-contract in January. It doesn't quote the playet as saying he wants to leave nor does Levein suggest he will. He returned on Saturday after an injury so was never going to be 100% and even when he is fully fit he is in a relatively poor team where, probably, too much is expected of him. Yes he has underperformed at times but he is still one of our best players. The criticism he gets is ridiculous.

Do you think too much is expected of him? He’s a twenty four year old man who’s been at the club since he was a child, who is our first pick attacking midfield player. He either needs to fulfil that role in the team like his counterparts at other clubs do, accept that he’s not good enough to fulfil that role and let another player do it, or move on to another club where his performances will be appreciated.

The end result of all of this, is we keep going in to big games with this guy as our supposed best player, and he disappears every single time. If we go in to these next two derbies looking to him to provide something, we will have the same result as the last five times.

55 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Attitude and behaviour aside, we need a better player than him in his position. We can’t keep going in to important games with Jamie as the guy we all look to create something for us, he’s let us down too many times. If he stays, then it’s as a player who can maybe come off the bench when we are winning. Even then I’m not exactly brimming with faith.

This is where I am on the subject.  Far too often he has been a waste of space when we have looked to him for inspiration 

Best all round if he moves on imo. Never a Rangers player in a million years 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

This is where I am on the subject.  Far too often he has been a waste of space when we have looked to him for inspiration 

Best all round if he moves on imo. Never a Rangers player in a million years 

Not often we agree on something. Even putting aside questions over attitude or loyalty or whatever else. He is supposed to be our attacking midfield player, first choice player who we look to to create opportunities and to win his battles to earn the right to play. He doesn’t do that and we can’t afford to keep on going in to important games waiting for him to do so. We need a better player in his shirt. We keep getting overrun in midfield in important matches, that tells me we need better players in there. Players who don’t come with a caveat like JW.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived