***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

I'll see your 'disgrace to football video' and raise you a 'what are those'

Right okay. Its official. He's off his trolley.

Generally a bad egg all round then.

Bants

FWIW I remember him at Rangers as someone you hated, as you did with most of them to be fair but he had a bit nippiness about him. The sort of player we desperately need at times. Seems, to me anyway we'd be a decent fit for him at the moment. He'd be a big fish here with every chance he'll play when fit. I don't doubt he'd score goals for us either. I don't really look to me footballers to be role models so I'd be happy enough if he signed and not happy if he signed for one of our rivals. In short i'd rather he was here than at Rankgers or the Hobos

My gut instinct is to avoid Lafferty like the plague. I don't think he'll be committed, refs will target him, he'll fall out with the manager and it'll be a disaster.

Can't see it working out sadly.

Walter Bishop

Surely nobody can be against us signing someone like Lafferty? Perfect fit, exactly the type of character we require.

My gut instinct is to avoid Lafferty like the plague. I don't think he'll be committed, refs will target him, he'll fall out with the manager and it'll be a disaster.

I agree there is an element of too good to be true but I just kinda want to go with the flow here. Could be a cult hero, all we ask for is effort and after last season anything is an improvement. 

I don't like Lafferty, but he would be a great signing.

Plus there is a World Cup next year, so if he does sign hopefully he will keep his head down and do his talking on the pitch. It may also be a reason as to why he is avoiding some clubs down south to increase his chances of first team football.

I agree there is an element of too good to be true but I just kinda want to go with the flow here. Could be a cult hero, all we ask for is effort and after last season anything is an improvement.

Possible mate.

I thought Tony Watt was going to be a great signing though so what do I know? :laugh:

Big Slim Stylee

Possible mate.

I thought Tony Watt was going to be a great signing though so what do I know? :laugh:

You're not alone, chap :)

indianajones

Despise Lafferty.

He's whats needed though. A midfielder like him too and we are starting to form a spine with a bit of attitude about it.

We should be looking for a keeper asap in my opinion. 

I do agree that our team are soft and cowardly, particularly in derbies and away from home. Some players with some balls are definitely called for.

Right okay. Its official. He's off his trolley.

Fookin magic a guy with a sense of humour get in , get him signed .

We sorely need characters in the dressing room and there's no doubting his attributes in that department

TheExecutive

Lafferty will improve our forward line, of that there's no doubt. My personal opinion of him matters not a jot. If we get this over the line it'll be the biggest signing we've made in a long time.

rudi must stay

Lafferty will improve our forward line, of that there's no doubt. My personal opinion of him matters not a jot. If we get this over the line it'll be the biggest signing we've made in a long time.

Biggest since Berra. To think he was a regular for a decent championship team and now he's here, great signing

Finlay James

I'd take Lafferty in a heartbeat, he'd be a nightmare for defenses and has great character.

TheExecutive

Biggest since Berra. To think he was a regular for a decent championship team and now he's here, great signing

Berra has a history here and made it clear he wanted to come here to be close to his daughter. Lafferty has no ties to Hearts like Berra does so it's not comparable in my opinion. Let's hope we manage to get the deal done although I'm told it's not as close as some seem to think. Talks to take place today :thumbsup:

I reckon he'd either be brilliant or or shite, don't see him being anything in between

Alwayssunnyingorgie

That was pretty funny, the mans a arsehole though but he would a good signing.

So remind me who the targets are (according to the gossip & the ITK'ers)?

Lafferty

Who else?

Howdy Doody Jambo

So remind me who the targets are (according to the gossip & the ITK'ers)?

Lafferty

Who else?

Mr left-back, Mr rightback, Mr goalkeeper

nobody knows much more than that

A_A wehatethehibs

Qarrier bag are in for him?

Stinking rich club and baku is supposedly pretty nice other than the war which could break out with Armenian separatists at any time.

Ipswich would pay him more, but will only give him a 1 year deal since he hasnt kicked a ball in 3 years.

As for other clubs, any others mentioned other than the usual h1b5 tramps trying to feed off the scraps?

Lafferty signs today

Heard it here 1st

Not ITK

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clerry Jambo

Lafferty apparently pricing himself out of a move back to Scotland. Another premiership club enquired about him and wages were a major stumbling block, your raving express reporter can reveal.

Rudolf's Mate

The more I see the more I change my original opinion that I didn't want him. Guy is what's needed on the pitch and possibly in the dressing room as well.

He seems the type that would give others a right bollocking for not trying their arse!

Rudolf's Mate

Lafferty apparently pricing himself out of a move back to Scotland. Another premiership club enquired about him and wages were a major stumbling block, your raving express reporter can reveal.

If that's right Clerry I'd be surprised if talks even occurred. Hopefully he's willing to make a sacrifice.

GorgieRules22

If that's right Clerry I'd be surprised if talks even occurred. Hopefully he's willing to make a sacrifice.

Normal practice would be to contact Laffertys agent first and put them in the picture as to what could be on offer. Secondly they would set up a meeting to let the player get a feel for things and discuss minor details. This is the part I'm hoping we're already at.

The negative part of me is thinking that maybe Lafferty is coming up to talk to us through respect for Macphee and the least he can do is hear us out.

Time will tell.

Clark Griswold

The more I see the more I change my original opinion that I didn't want him. Guy is what's needed on the pitch and possibly in the dressing room as well.

He seems the type that would give others a right bollocking for not trying their arse!

My thought on the subject exactly. We also need someone of his character type in the middle of the park as well IMO, pulling strings and letting others around him know that anything less than 100%effort given is not good enough.

Fairly excited at the prospect.

Jambo 4 Ever

I'd be concerned that something like what happened with joey Barton at rangers would happen here though - he would maybe fall out with Cathro or something if things don't go the way he wants

He may also think he is better than he actually is and this would have a negative effect on team morale too

Rudolf's Mate

Normal practice would be to contact Laffertys agent first and put them in the picture as to what could be on offer. Secondly they would set up a meeting to let the player get a feel for things and discuss minor details. This is the part I'm hoping we're already at.

The negative part of me is thinking that maybe Lafferty is coming up to talk to us through respect for Macphee and the least he can do is hear us out.

Time will tell.

My thought on the subject exactly. We also need someone of his character type in the middle of the park as well IMO, pulling strings and letting others around him know that anything less than 100%effort given is not good enough.

Fairly excited at the prospect.

Agree with both. Mibbe some truth to it however it believed we're led to understand that other clubs have been put off by his demands (without actually meeting the player) yet we're going to have a sit down.

Personally I doubt the guy would waste his or our time if we were so far apart. Respect or not.

Rudolf's Mate

I'd be concerned that something like what happened with joey Barton at rangers would happen here though - he would maybe fall out with Cathro or something if things don't go the way he wants

He might be a bit of a nightmare and deviant however one things for sure he's no Barton. And I mean that in a good way.

AlphonseCapone

Football is ridiculous if a guy like Lafferty can price himself out of Scotland on the basis he made good money failing at Norwich for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

He's a wank, but will become a good guy if he signs for us.

If Qarabag want him then I really don't see us getting him. They can chuck money around like sweeties. Shame as he'd be an excellent signing. Still hopeful but if they lay a contract down, I'd assume it'll be much, much more than we can offer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nookie Bear

Hopefully proved wrong but can't get too excited about Kyle Lafferty with 6 goals in last 51 games .

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Lafferty

Lafferty married former Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh at St Margaret's Roman Catholic Church, in Johnstone, Renfrewshire, in June 2012. The couple had a son, born in 2011.[57] They later divorced. Lafferty married model and former Miss Scotland contestant Vanessa Chung at Gleneagles Hotel in May 2016.[58]

In August 2016, Lafferty accepted a misconduct charge from the Football Association in relation to football betting, and was fined ?23,000.

You're just upset he stole one of our guide honest Scottish ladies.

Elias Henry Furst

Seems playing for N.I is a big deal for Lafferty so....

Sign for a foreign team such as Qurabag - earn big money but needs to settle in another country and hope the NI management still take notice of him.

Sign for a Championship team such as Ipswich - earn decent money but will he play every week?

Sign for Heart of Midlothian- earn less money than the other options but will be first pick, training and playing with N.I coach Austin Macphee watching you and Michael O Neil living in the same city.

I think we're in with a fighting chance.

Archived