***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Has anyone thought that maybe the players we are signing are away on international duty...... :sunny:

Has anyone thought that we are just kidding and our signings are done.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone thought that we are just kidding and our signings are done.

Just kidding?explain please

Are we actually close to signing anyone??

Polish boy has signed. Still don't know who he is before anybody asks. The guy from Man City will happen.

Apart from that.......its all a bit meh!!!

Polish boy has signed. Still don't know who he is before anybody asks. The guy from Man City will happen.

Apart from that.......its all a bit meh!!!

Why not announced if he's signed??

Just kidding?explain please

Are we actually going to sign anyone other than the two we have already signed. It was said with tongue in cheek but wasted now that I have had to explain.

Malcolm Tucker

People are going to have to get used to the fact that Hibs have a higher budget than us this season...

People are going to have to get used to the fact that Hibs are higher budget than us this season...

Why exactly is that?because of stand funding?

Jambof3tornado

People are going to have to get used to the fact that Hibs have a higher budget than us this season...

Baws..not believing that for a second.

Why exactly is that?because of stand funding?

Partly that but also due to the money they will receive from the sale of Cummings.

jamboinglasgow

This thread has more promising moments and disappoints than a series of the walking dead.

Current mood - really disappointed. Mood this morning was really excited.

This thread has more promising moments and disappoints than a series of the walking dead.

Current mood - really disappointed. Mood this morning was really excited.

So this may not be the best time to say that Whittaker is going to Hibs!!

jamboinglasgow

have expected that for a while. 

Just need positive news again, and signing a player but not announcing them is odd.

Jamboscanbevicius

If sale of Cummings is the difference then let's not panic... Paterson (done), Walker, Nicholson, Djoum and we could top ?1.4m in fees this summer yet!

Jamboscanbevicius

Well this is a bit ironic....

Perfectly willing to believe that Hibs have signed Whitaker and not announced it, but when we don't announce the rumoured Polish lad it's "odd"!!!

have expected that for a while.

Just need positive news again, and signing a player but not announcing them is odd.

If sale of Cummings is the difference then let's not panic... Paterson (done), Walker, Nicholson, Djoum and we could top ?1.4m in fees this summer yet!

We'll get nothing from Sam going

jamboinglasgow

Well this is a bit ironic....

Perfectly willing to believe that Hibs have signed Whitaker and not announced it, but when we don't announce the rumoured Polish lad it's "odd"!!!

I did not say Whittaker had signed but I can believe that he is heading there (though everything needs finalised i could believe.) Also I believe we have signed a player just wondering why Hearts are holding off unveiling him.

Anyone who said we were first option for Whittaker was talking pish.

Lafferty to Hibs? How the feck is that going to work out well ? :lol:

Jamboscanbevicius

Probably not, but left his name in there just in case. Doesn't detract from my argument n cumulative fees!

Escobar PHM

Substantial training and development fees apart you mean ?

Jamboscanbevicius

2020 hindsight makes you seem almost reasonable. Well done!

I did not say Whittaker had signed but I can believe that he is heading there (though everything needs finalised i could believe.) Also I believe we have signed a player just wondering why Hearts are holding off unveiling him.

Have we got any assurances that any monies realised from the sale of players will be re~invested in the playing side of things?

Or will it be invested in the new stand which is already over budget. I have a feelingbthat it will be the latter.

Bazzas right boot

Substantial training and development fees apart you mean ?

If he goes to the you ess of ehhh, we get zilch.

Jamboscanbevicius

Does any other team? That seems to be the made up benchmark from the piss pants brigade who believe Aberdeen and Hibs are gazumping us for every signing... let's wait and see!

Have we got any assurances that any monies realised from the sale of players will be re~invested in the playing side of things?

Or will it be invested in the new stand which is already over budget. I have a feelingbthat it will be the latter.

Thanks for the info Notts.

A bit ****ing depressing tbh, need to start making tracks if we want to do anything next season.

Escobar PHM

Anyone who said we were first option for Whittaker was talking pish.

Lafferty to Hibs? How the feck is that going to work out well ? :lol:

Depressing stuff if we wanted Whittaker and he choose Hibs

Equally depressing if we wanted Lafferty and he choose Hibs.

Thats not a good pattern to be repeating if thats whats happening.

Escobar PHM

Unless he opts for the USA.

Has that not been challenged and under review though ? The US clubs seem to have just taken a unilateral decision not to pay the fees. Pretty sure someone is fighting that stance. Will have a look. Sure i read something the other day.

Escobar PHM

Has that not been challenged and under review though ? The US clubs seem to have just taken a unilateral decision not to pay the fees. Pretty sure someone is fighting that stance. Will have a look. Sure i read something the other day.

Yeh having read some stuff again I am pretty confident we could and would go to FIFA for a ruling and we'd win that case.

Pasquale for King

Partly that but also due to the money they will receive from the sale of Cummings.

Will Sir Tom not want a cut of that, they're still due him ?5m. Hibs have a long way to go to have a bigger budget than us I'm afraid, even with Levein refusing to pay anyone more than he gets. Their turnover was ?3 less than ours in their best season in years. Crowds last season were up from 2016 but not that much to overtake us.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6904

Austin Jambo

Looks like our competitors are going for proven players while we scrape around with young loanees and unknown foreigners will we never learn. If we are getting beaten to signings by hibs it really is depressing and the fans are being taken for mugs yet again.

Surely it's not surprising that the stand project is having an effect on the budget. To complete it debt free is a fair old challenge so it has to come from somewhere. But even without it I doubt we would be lashing out 5k a week for anyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, as someone who likes Norwich, I am ******* delighted Whittaker is going to Hibs and not us!

Looks like our competitors are going for proven players while we scrape around with young loanees and unknown foreigners will we never learn. If we are getting beaten to signings by hibs it really is depressing and the fans are being taken for mugs yet again.

I know, I mean who is that foreign guy Christophe Berra?

Personally, as someone who likes Norwich, I am ******* delighted Whittaker is going to Hibs and not us!

Would have been a great signing for us.

Exactly the type of player we need.

Hopefully we can get Paul Caddis in

I am really no that fussed about Whittaker either

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I used to scream 'get that **** off' when whittaker played for Scotland. Delighted hes joining the muppets.

Next!

Bazzas right boot

This place has got the emotional stability of a 15yr old girl at the moment...

Lol.

It always has tho!

15 year old would be an improvement.

kingantti1874

Putting names aside the Cathro out megathread assured us we would be signing an entire new team capable of playing the way he wants.. As it stands Cathro will be manging largely the same team he managed to fail spectacularly with last season without probably Walker and Nicholson. Unless we do sign good players of standing we will be in the shit next season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hibs having money is a concern. Time to work hard on private investment

Archived