***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Some folk seem to be under the impression that we will only be signing British players or players who have experience of British football. Not once has it been said that this is what we will be doing.

We've had the "why are we signing older players, I thought we were only signing young guys we could sell on?" comments in previous transfer windows.

Clearly this one will be, "so what part of the UK is Poland/Turkey in then?"

It's a wonder how some fans get through life if they take everything so literally and their whole world is black and white.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pasquale for King

He was playing in Northern Ireland and obviously wasn't as well known to clubs here. His value and worth then was less than what it is now, County have done extremely well to hold on to him for this long.

He was semi pro before going to County, I think Dodds and Macintyre have developed his game obviously. The problem for me is that even if we picked up a guy like this a rookie coach is unlikely to make them better.

Levein and Murray have surely admitted their shortcomings by employing an agency to help, you can criticise them or congratulate them for that.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

He was semi pro before going to County, I think Dodds and Macintyre have developed his game obviously. The problem for me is that even if we picked up a guy like this a rookie coach is unlikely to make them better.

Levein and Murray have surely admitted their shortcomings by employing an agency to help, you can criticise them or congratulate them for that.

I highly doubt that we are the only club using a recruitment agency. We are working to tight budgets, if we can get access to a resource which will hopefully allow to achieve better value for money when it comes to player recruitment then why would we not use it?

Surely being able to scout more players as a result can allow us to widen our net and find the right player?

Bazzas right boot

Cathro is by no means a rookie coach.

Very impressive coaching CV.

His "head" coach creditional's are under question, but you show incredible ignorance in describing Cathro a rookie coach.

siegementality

I went to the management event. The new strategy relayed was made quite clear. The new recruitment policy will be of mainly players who know British football. The European market will still be explored. We have to try and find players earlier than other clubs i.e. Before they make their mark elsewhere meaning we cannot afford them. A prime example would be Boyce, except we need to find the likes of him at the same stage Ross County found him. It's not rocket science, that said there still needs to be the "safe" (Berra) signing where you know the quality you are getting from the off. It's difficult but not impossible. That said it will take more than one transfer window to be successful.

I went to the management event. The new strategy relayed was made quite clear. The new recruitment policy will be of mainly players who know British football. The European market will still be explored. We have to try and find players earlier than other clubs i.e. Before they make their mark elsewhere meaning we cannot afford them. A prime example would be Boyce, except we need to find the likes of him at the same stage Ross County found him. It's not rocket science, that said there still needs to be the "safe" (Berra) signing where you know the quality you are getting from the off. It's difficult but not impossible. That said it will take more than one transfer window to be successful.

Gobbledygook.

Gobbledygook.

Really?

Seems quite straight forward to me what their intentions are. Whether or not they're capable of delivering is another matter though.

jamboinglasgow

Really?

Seems quite straight forward to me what their intentions are. Whether or not they're capable of delivering is another matter though.

I agree. Its a coherent strategy. Stockton seems to be one of these ones who they we are trying to find early before other clubs. But as you say it could backfire if we dont do it properly and not learn the lessons from previous transfer windows.

AlphonseCapone

I did too!

It does beg the question though, if a keeper, a central defender, a central midfielder and a striker can be described as the spine, who exactly is the farter?

Defensive midfielder. Still in the centre but does the dirty work...

WorldChampions1902

I agree. Its a coherent strategy. Stockton seems to be one of these ones who they we are trying to find early before other clubs. But as you say it could backfire if we dont do it properly and not learn the lessons from previous transfer windows.

Hopefully Stockton will turn out to be a hidden gem.

Hopefully Stockton will turn out to be a hidden gem.

Naw he's shite mate. The mob have spoken.

Tomorrow's papers reporting Hibs will move for Greg Stewart and Louis Moult from monies received for Jason Cumming.[/ if they have money to burn it is highly probable they would outbid us, I wouldn't want us to break our wage structure for anyone. We know where that road goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroonblood22

Fartin Martin, I like it!

:lol: there you go, got your answer pretty swiftly! Although I would throw Hamilton into the mix for his skidmark moments!

What happend to good old fashioned just signing quality players whether they are from Abroath or Azerbaijan,far too much thought by our management going into signings and trying to be too clever has gotvis into the complete ****ing shambles that we currently find ourselfs in.

:lol: there you go, got your answer pretty swiftly! Although I would throw Hamilton into the mix for his skidmark moments!

So we have Fartin Martin and Kack Hamilton...

Clerry Jambo

Hearts want two full-backs, a new midfielder and another forward ahead of next season. Management are prioritising wide areas after the arrivals of defender Christophe Berra and striker Cole Stockton.

Tynecastle officials submitted a loan offer for Manchester City left-back Ashley Smith-Brown last week. Head coach Ian Cathro acknowledges that he still requires a right-back, whilst a new midfielder is also high on the agenda.

Another striker remains a possibility to compete with Stockton and Esmael Goncalves. Gavin Reilly yesterday left Hearts to sign a one-year deal with St Mirren after being told he was surplus to requirements.

More incomings will, of course, depend on sourcing the right players at the right price as Cathro strives to reinforce his depleted squad. Full-back Callum Paterson joined Cardiff City last week, while winger Sam Nicholson is leaving on freedom of contract. Another winger, Jamie Walker, could be sold after declaring he won?t sign a new deal when his existing one expires next summer.

Full-backs Andraz Struna and Lennard Sowah have gone, left winger Moha Choulay has returned to parent club Stoke City, while Alex Tziolis, Tasos Avlonitis and Dylan Bikey have also moved on.

Cathro explained that he is in the market for players in wide areas. ?That?s fair comment. The wide areas are positions we?re focused on because we know that?s what we need. Our work will continue,? he told the Evening News, although he is reluctant to pinpoint the exact number of new recruits required.

?I?m not obsessed by what number of players we bring in. We are missing a couple of things to give us the right balance across the squad.

?We?ve got some work to do and we certainly intend on doing more business.

?These things can move quickly for a while and then slow down, so you?ve just got to manage it and keep working quietly and professionally.?

Berra returned to Gorgie on a three-year deal last month, followed by Stockton on a two-year contract. Hearts are now keen to conclude the loan signing of 21-year-old Smith-Brown for next season.

BobbyJenkins

What happend to good old fashioned just signing quality players whether they are from Abroath or Azerbaijan,far too much thought by our management going into signings and trying to be too clever has gotvis into the complete ******* shambles that we currently find ourselfs in.

Simplistic nonsense.

The Wrinkly Ninja

A Scottish, or at least British, spine must be reinstalled in Gorgie. Cathro has already enjoyed Christophe Berra?s return

A body is made up of more than a spine

There's lungs muscles and a heart and that's just the ones I can think off the top of my head

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Did you not think of head while you were thinking off the top of it?

Walter Bishop

Players report back on Friday, Berra and Stockton only additions so far, Underwhelming to say the least.

Jambo 4 Ever

Players report back on Friday, Berra and Stockton only additions so far, Underwhelming to say the least.

Need a few more to make sure we finish in top 6

Tomorrow's papers reporting Hibs will move for Greg Stewart and Louis Moult from monies received for Jason Cumming.[/ if they have money to burn it is highly probable they would outbid us, I wouldn't want us to break our wage structure for anyone. We know where that road goes.

I expect Le Tache will use a lot of that dough to pay the bills mind

Nothing wrong with using a recruitment agency but I assume they're not doing it for free... will be interesting to see if we get value for money or not

I don't think anyone knew that.  What an informative post!

Did you not think of head while you were thinking off the top of it?

I suppose that depends on where his brain is located.

Bazzas right boot

It is a little concerning, not only are we going back threadbare, we are re- Grouping with players such as walker, sammon, osh,kitchen and Djoum still here, all players that are surplus to requirements or touting for moves away.

Not great for planning or good first impressions for our new signings.

It can't be a happy place ATM.

Plenty time, but in all honesty we aren't moving at any pace giving the amount of work needing done.

You do realise the transfer window doesn't open until 1st July?

I do think it's gone VERY quiet on McGinn, if he was going to Oxford then why hasn't been announced and he's said his fairwells to Aberdeen?

We_are_the_Hearts

I do think it's gone VERY quiet on McGinn, if he was going to Oxford then why hasn't been announced and he's said his fairwells to Aberdeen?

The transfer window opened last Friday

Who we playing at the weekend?

Unknown user

Cathro might be termed a coach but he has to manage the team. Very badly so far it has to be said.

That's not the point though, you said this on reference to recruitment;

"What the feck does the manager do, isn't it his job to recognise players that would benefit the team."

In short, no.

I do think it's gone VERY quiet on McGinn, if he was going to Oxford then why hasn't been announced and he's said his fairwells to Aberdeen?

Actually opened on the 9th in Scotland.

That's not the point though, you said this on reference to recruitment;

"What the feck does the manager do, isn't it his job to recognise players that would benefit the team."

In short, no.

I would say it is to a certain degree.

He'll obviously take on board recommendations from the DOF or his scouts but I'd imagine there's players he knows of and rates and who he'd like at Hearts.

The same with every manager that's gone before.

The transfer window opened last Friday

Really?  Haha **** sake!!!!!!  Ok, I'm on the "This is shite" bandwagon, shift up!

Escobar PHM

Are people seriously getting upset because we haven't signed 7 players before the middle of June?

No I think people are merely raising eyebrows because pre-season training starts in 3 days and we don't appear to have done a lot of business. Preferable to have it done before training starts yeh ?

No I think people are merely raising eyebrows because pre-season training starts in 3 days and we don't appear to have done a lot of business. Preferable to have it done before training starts yeh ?

Signing a player is like an iceberg

;)

That only works properly if you also change your manager every 3-6 months if they have a poor spell and spend money you don't have.

Colonel H Smith couldn't put a better plan together.

We should do this too then. This would have us challenging Celtic for sue

Unknown user

I would say it is to a certain degree.

He'll obviously take on board recommendations from the DOF or his scouts but I'd imagine there's players he knows of and rates and who he'd like at Hearts.

The same with every manager that's gone before.

Well yeah of course, but the dudes getting humpty because we've employed a company to effectively scout when that should be the managers role.

I'm just wondering how many will be there on Friday? 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/team/first

Surely it's because other leagues, such as the English leagues, don't start until the 1st of July that we can't sign players from down there.

Even Stockton is a pre-contract until he can officially move.

fraz the postie

All you people's having a little worrie about a lack of signings ,...........CHILL THE FECK DOWN,

Big Anne has told us the transfer window (that I presume were interested in) opens next week.

Players are still getting back from holidays ,internationals and such like.

We still have a squad that could compete in place just now,as we get shot of players ,new lads can come in.

Escobar PHM

Surely it's because other leagues, such as the English leagues, don't start until the 1st of July that we can't sign players from down there.

Even Stockton is a pre-contract until he can officially move.

You can sign and register anyone from anywhere if your own domestic window is open

I'm more upset than anyone else that we haven't brought anyone one in since the window opened a few days ago. No more proof is needed that our targets have all turned us down and nobody wants to play for Cathro or levein. We will have to go with what we have and we will be relegated. If anyone does actually sign he will be shit so I don't know why we bother signing anyone.

Archived